Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! (1946 Views)

Tokunbo Shock Absorbers Vs New Shock Absorbers - Which Is Better In 9ja Context? / 5 Things That Could Go Wrong With Cars -2017 And Beyond / Senate Uncovers Cargoes Loaded With Cars Abandoned For Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by akanniade10(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
A friend abroad said shock absorbers isn't something we should be changing every 6months to 1year. Is it true that shock absorbers are meant to die with cars?
Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by Marinza(m): 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Can you compare the roads? All those ungodly gallops like the ones in my area tend to shorten the lifespan of your shocks. Compared to where they have smooth assed roads. How many times do the shocks really work?

1 Like

Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by diportivo: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
How many shock d abroad absorber dey absorb?
Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by luvinhubby(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
Marinza:
Can you compare the roads? All those ungodly gallops like the ones in my area tend to shorten the lifespan of your shocks. Compared to where they have smooth assed roads. How many times do the shocks really work?

Even at that, shocks are still being changed everywhere in the world, the frequency may be lesser than ours.

1 Like

Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by AutoJoshNG: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2016
akanniade10:
A friend abroad said shock absorbers isn't something we should be changing every 6months to 1year. Is it true that shock absorbers are meant to die with cars?

Hello Akanniade10,

Tell your friend he is very very wrong. Why do the car companies manufacture replacement shock absorbers?

Autojoshng
Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 30, 2016
Please what's the average time a shock absorber should last? Given an instance that the car is being used on Lagos roads?
Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by KeengTobbie(m): 4:04am On Aug 10, 2017
Just like advising Nigerians to buy low levelled cars, na all ur bumper go scratch comot.
Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by ogawisdom(m): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
masonkz:
Please what's the average time a shock absorber should last? Given an instance that the car is being used on Lagos roads?

Mine last 2 years and na toks I dey buy lol
Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by flecho: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
I re gas my last year and the car don go Lagos to Anambra, Lagos to port Harcourt, I still dy rock the shock. Drive with caution and get a good shock
Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by kingreign(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dangerous act you're doing. Pls, don't ebnourage others to follow suit.
flecho:
I re gas my last year and the car don go Lagos to Anambra, Lagos to port Harcourt, I still dy rock the shock. Drive with caution and get a good shock
Re: Shock Absorbers are meant to Die With Cars? How True!!! by bee4un: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Please how much is Camry 1999 tiny light shock... Front and back

(1) (Reply)

New Craze In Town With Exotic Cars Without Plate Numbers / Average Fuel Usage For Mazda 626 1997 Model 2.0 Engine / Want Your Ride To Stand Out Amongst Others?..this Is For You!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.