Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

My Heart (let Me Be) By Kayode Joshua - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Heart (let Me Be) By Kayode Joshua (1307 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Heart (let Me Be) By Kayode Joshua by KayodeJSK: 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
MY HEART (LET ME BE) by Kayode Joshua
Let me be! Oh, independent heart of mine Why won't you let me be? Why do you keep controlling me?
My mind seems powerless When you show your prowess I wish I could protest, But you take total control of me The more I claim to control you The more you overpower me
You force tears out of my eyes You erupt a feeling which never dies I cant stop trying, The more I try the more it seems I'm dying
Your determination marvels me The more the NOs come The more you go At your distress I am more or less useless
You, do I detest But who you love I love Oh, independent heart of mine Let me be!
Thanks for reading Your comments or reviews will be appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: My Heart (let Me Be) By Kayode Joshua by doggedemmy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
Your poem is nice, thumbs up. The message is quite clear. Try working on arranging the lines and stanza properly, 'cos it might not impress a layman! My one cent though

1 Like

Re: My Heart (let Me Be) By Kayode Joshua by KayodeJSK: 11:31am On Apr 29, 2016
doggedemmy:
Your poem is nice, thumbs up. The message is quite clear. Try working on arranging the lines and stanza properly, 'cos it might not impress a layman! My one cent though

Thanks a lot . About the arrangement, I did that while typing but when I posted it it came out this way.

1 Like

Re: My Heart (let Me Be) By Kayode Joshua by AngelicBloom(f): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
Nice poem
Re: My Heart (let Me Be) By Kayode Joshua by emerald18(f): 10:09pm On May 30, 2016
KayodeJSK:
MY HEART (LET ME BE) by Kayode Joshua
Let me be! Oh, independent heart of mine Why won't you let me be? Why do you keep controlling me?
My mind seems powerless When you show your prowess I wish I could protest, But you take total control of me The more I claim to control you The more you overpower me
You force tears out of my eyes You erupt a feeling which never dies I cant stop trying, The more I try the more it seems I'm dying
Your determination marvels me The more the NOs come The more you go At your distress I am more or less useless
You, do I detest But who you love I love Oh, independent heart of mine Let me be!
Thanks for reading Your comments or reviews will be appreciated.
nice poem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi / POISONED LOVE- Episode 13-15 / Templars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.