Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen (13392 Views)

FFK Applauds Oyedepo, Enenche, Suleman For Speaking Against Herdsmen / Military Continues Operations Against Criminal, Militant Elements In Niger Delta / Photos Of Half-Unclad Women Protesting In Kaduna Against Herdsmen Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by ritababe(f): 1:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Strong indications emerged on Thursday that the military high command in the country might come up with a joint operation involving the various security agencies against the menace of Fulani herdsmen in the country.

The Acting Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, told our correspondent on Thursday that the expected operation would not be restricted to a single service of the Armed Forces.

He said that the operation would be similar to the ones formed to battle the insurgency in the North-East, the militancy in the Niger Delta and other parts of the country.
Abubakar was reacting to the question of what the military would do in view of the recent directive by President Muhammadu Buhari to the military and the police to stop the recurrent killing of hapless villagers by armed Fulani militia.
Buhari‘s directive followed the public outrage that greeted the murder of 50 people at Ukpabi Nimbo Community in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State by suspected Fulani herdsmen on Sunday.
The Acting Defence spokesman added that the issue of the threat posed by the herdsmen would be given the deserved attention by the military.
He said that the military would ensure effective compliance with the presidential directive to stop the current killings by the rampaging herdsmen in the country.
“The ideas of joint operation will always be there because it is a common knowledge that it is not a one service business. It must involve all other security agencies.
“Each and every one of us has a role to play: physical security, giving information, synergising with other stakeholders. That is what we are doing in the North-East and the Niger Delta and other parts. It would involve not only the military.
“The current resurgence of this issue of herdsmen is something which must be given a priority now that there is a glaring security threats to lives and property which the Armed Forces and other security agencies cannot close their eyes to.
“All efforts are now on towards ensuring that there is security of lives and property in the general area where such activities of herdsmen are being carried out.
“Just of recent, the President has given us a directive and it is something which we must comply with and in other cases, we deploy our men through operations such as the one against cattle rustling, Operation Sharandaji, which is to ensure that no herdsmen involved in criminal activities are spared.”

www.punchng.com/military-plans-joint-operations-herdsmen/
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by Karm16: 1:28am On Apr 29, 2016
More military presence in the SS/SE.

5 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by junnyjake(m): 1:38am On Apr 29, 2016
sadly, I don't see this as the best news.
I think the people of the affected communities would do a better job of securing their lives and properties.

instead, instill community police, and see how well they do with the required support and weapons to match that of the attackers.

I've been living in one of the most troubled part of the north for almost a decade, and I will tell you this first hand: forget about these military men.

can you imagine a response time of 4 hours to an emergency?
make I rest my case here before Vex go overwhelm me.

40 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by iyamchee(m): 1:38am On Apr 29, 2016
oluwa, have mercy. i take God beg you
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by DaBullIT(m): 1:39am On Apr 29, 2016
Karm16:

What is the problem people

They scream they are being massacred in SS/SE /ND By Fulani herdmen

Now that Gov't wants to help , They still term it as More Military presence

What da heck do yeeebos want ?
bushidoblue

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by Khd95(m): 2:45am On Apr 29, 2016
Mtcheeew,mediocrity of the highest rank.

Dont show us any mumu plan,show us remarkable results

BTW,these affected communities nd others should by now raise a militia group,why wait for the authority while some beast slaughter ucry

kaaai the old days of sicilian mafias

8 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by 1Tkester: 3:38am On Apr 29, 2016
False flag. Buahri is up for some game, but we are watching. Say no to NA, say not Fulani herdsmen!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by Nobody: 4:20am On Apr 29, 2016
x
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by chriskosherbal(m): 4:28am On Apr 29, 2016
Yes I think the time has come for that.
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by gud4dbest(m): 4:47am On Apr 29, 2016
Lets call a spade a spade:we say no to terrorism!
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by cold(m): 5:04am On Apr 29, 2016
Buharetard is as useless as a used condom. You won't give us fuel,you won't give us power, you can't stabilise the economy and you wouldn't even let us sleep in peace. What manner of iďiot is this man? What kind of floor was he dropped on as a child?

15 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by EzePromoe: 5:21am On Apr 29, 2016
I thought the police in Enugu said the killing wasn't done by Fulani herdsmen. I guess it was done by spare parts dealers from Nnewi then undecided

21 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by nnachukz(m): 5:37am On Apr 29, 2016
I wanted to see something like, have "planned" and also have "started" and "arrested" 10,000 Fulanis herdsmen responsible for the killings of innocent people across the federation. Not "planning" and not "will". A certain Minister once said, they are secretly working on the menace long before The Delta and Enugu incidence happened. Future tense doesn't help anymore because this government can say one thing and mean another thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by signz: 5:55am On Apr 29, 2016
junnyjake:
sadly, I don't see this as the best news.
I think the people of the affected communities would do a better job of securing their lives and properties.

instead, instill community police, and see how well they do with the required support and weapons to match that of the attackers.

I've been living in one of the most troubled part of the north for almost a decade, and I will tell you this first hand: forget about these military men.

can you imagine a response time of 4 hours to an emergency?
make I rest my case here before Vex go overwhelm me.

Correct.

Meanwhile what we really need is State Police to combat these terrorist herdsmen. Our security agencies are overstretched at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:51am On Apr 29, 2016
DaBullIT:

What is the problem people

They scream they are being massacred in SS/SE /ND By Fulani herdmen

Now that Gov't wants to help , They still term it as More Military presence

What da heck do yeeebos want ?
bushidoblue
this people's mentality can't be salvaged! They have sworn to hate him NO MATTER what he does...there is a particular law in act of seduction by roberts greene...'Avoid the Unhappy'..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by tempest02: 7:19am On Apr 29, 2016
Results....not talk. First provide the first set arrested with weapons.
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by omenka(m): 7:39am On Apr 29, 2016
Karm16:
Some things I read just make me wanna puke. What exactly should the government do if not boost security to save lives??!!

You complained (even though it has been proven to be a lie) that the Enugu state governor called but no one came forth as he was stood up by the president, now a proactive measure (just as you had wanted) is being taken and you still fvcking complain!!

This is why some of us insist absolutely nothing this government does would seem right in your eyes if Buhari doesn't stand up someday and chop off his own head! What the heck is your damn problem really??

9 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by omenka(m): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2016
LouisVanGaal:
this people's mentality can't be salvaged! They have sworn to hate him NO MATTER what he does...there is a particular law in act of seduction by roberts greene...'Avoid the Unhappy'..
It is really irritating. Even the people of Bayelsa, and SS in general, have moved on- what manner of brains do these people have

8 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by omenka(m): 7:46am On Apr 29, 2016
I don't think I'm given to calling these people "Herdsmen". These are plain terrorists and should be treated as such.

I didn't, for instance, see any of the "boat crossers" with any cow..just a bunch of armed men speaking what appeared to be Hausa or Fulani language and also looking like them.

Tagging them "herdsmen" could sent a very wrong signal to the general public. They are terrorists, simple.

5 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by TippyTop(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2016
Present composition of the army is in question, we say no to Fulani Military occupation of SS/SE.

2 Likes

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by udumosam23(m): 8:06am On Apr 29, 2016
nnachukz:
I wanted to see something like, have "planned" and also have "started" and "arrested" 10,000 Fulanis herdsmen responsible for the killings of innocent people across the federation. Not "planning" and not "will". A certain Minister once said, they are secretly working on the menace long before The Delta and Enugu incidence happened. Future tense doesn't help anymore because this government can say one thing and mean another thing.

Did you see will? it would have been better.

I read the gvt. might...
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by Godjone(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2016
useless country with useless leaders. It is when things begin to get out of hand that you will be noticing their stupid fire brigade approach to burning national issues.
Instead of leading a deadly attack at the base of these terrorist, they were busy drinking tea at NASS over grazing bill.
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by tintingz(m): 8:13am On Apr 29, 2016
Good move
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by Agimor(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2016
k
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by militarily: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2016
This is long overdue. Took the fulani terrorists an attack on igbo land and the attendant outrage dat followed it for buhari to approve military action against them,...

Reasons why I love and respect the igbos tho. And to think these terrorists hav been killing hundreds including in my own state and nothing has been done about it. Igbos were even more agitated and vocal abt attacks on other states,makin som ppl 2 misconstrue it as 'mocking the victims' and 'crying more than the bereaved'.
So it took just an attack on igbo soil wit 6 casualties to provoke a military action on these terrorists,...??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by Pavore9: 8:16am On Apr 29, 2016
Hmm...they just woke up from their slumber!
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by mikeljack(m): 8:17am On Apr 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen by jtwest(m): 8:17am On Apr 29, 2016
Sometime ago, d military don't need to be widespread b4 dey take over d government, then they just needed to be placed at strategic locations. But today put them everywhere even boundaries of every state, all they do iS dansuki the people's money.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Orders Staff To Declare Links With Politically Exposed Persons, Close Relati / Three Bombs Explode In Maiduguri / Ojukwu’s Controversial Will Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.