Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,473 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. (2432 Views)

Enough Of Lies And False Hope - PDP Tells APC / Jonathan Blasts APC Govt Again, Says APC Govt Full Of Lies / Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by UnclePati: 2:22am On Apr 29, 2016
There was no massacre in enugu. it was just an attacks that cost 6 lives and few properties.

Only 6 people died in the atttack.......eye withnesses have said this.
The police said same thing.
The community leaders said 6 dead.

I have called my friend in enugu.....its the same story....however Women and children were sent to neighbouring villages while the men remained to defend their land.

People cannot be in ekiti state and be sending pictures of jos/benue massacre abi na North east Massacre he extracted online.....painting it to be enugu massacre.

Moreover, why is the picture not on any nationl dailies.
 Why didnt newspaper companies put up the pictures on frontpage dailies......of the 200 massacared persons.

Vanguard of lies reported 40 dead
Daily post reported 15 dead. Another reported 200 dead while others reported 50, 100 e.t.c

No unifying number.......jeeeeez
Nigerian news papers sha..."with I hear say"

they sit in their offices in lagos and write false stories raising unnecessary Alarm causing unnecessary tension exaggerating figures to flare anger
This is how repraisals occur and many innocent people get killed in other hot zones like onitsha aba e.t.c 

This has to stop....
.National dailies must get their fact straight....and be truthful with their reportings......

They should at least send their own team to the village to see things for them selves and take pictures. 

If CNN reporter can go to warzones and even enter sambisa forest why should nigerian newspaper reporters not go to enugu to get the true story. or at least go to the mortuary and count d number of dead.

We live in a very frigile nation and the people are very sensitive with information.
False alarm and false info can cost many lives.

Media house must take note.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by Sall(m): 2:55am On Apr 29, 2016
I new it already its their way of painting buhari gorvernm bad .

5 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 29, 2016
how will u see sun from a shadow?

persons outside enugu will tell us dat went dia n c wit our own eye dat dia was no massacre.......... Nigerians and poliliers.....

assuming it was jst an attack dat kill jst 6 persons as u claimed, is it nt a lost enough for such alert n alarm??

Stop deceiving urself n stop misleading other Mr OP

am here to tell u dat i went to the attacked community wich is jst #300 from wia i am ok

dis is more reasons y Nigeria r nt one as enchanted.

wen something disastrous happened, som ethnics will say " is not my people dia e no concern me" some will say " de deserved it" while some persons say " is nt tru, dat it is a cooked story to tarnish govt image"

at op pls for allah Sake, verify info first bfo conclusion dan arguing pointlessly.

8 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by stnkembu(m): 3:30am On Apr 29, 2016
OP, even if the attack took the lives of 6 persons, isn't it enough for the living to scream.
You call it ONLY 6 lives!
When the corpse of another is carried, it seems as if it's a log of wood.

The end is here.

16 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by 1Tkester: 3:31am On Apr 29, 2016
Bobskylo:

persons outside enugu will tell us dat went dia n c wit our own eye dat dia was no massacre.......... Nigerians and poliliers.....

assuming it was jst an attack dat kill jst 6 persons as u claimed, is it nt a lost enough for such alert n alarm??

am here to tell u dat i went to the attacked community wich is jst #300 from wia i am ok

wen something disastrous happened, som ethnics will say " is not my people dia e no concern me" some will say " de deserved it" while some persons say " is nt tru, dat it is a cooked story to tarnish govt image"

at op pls for allah Sake, verify info first bfo conclusion dan arguing pointlessly.

God bless you. The OP is lost, he's misinformation agenda will never fly, because the world has already taken note and the damage has been noted.

3 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 29, 2016
op, you are a big fooool.
ONLY 6people? only? even if its one person does he deserve death??
ONLY six people? Six people dying is now only...
big goat.

10 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by gud4dbest(m): 4:33am On Apr 29, 2016
Bobskylo:

dont mind the Op jor...it cud av been like Agatu if not 4d serious alert from all corners of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by chriskosherbal(m): 4:35am On Apr 29, 2016
Op, please excuse me, a life is worth more than millions of naira to the family ok.so 6, is worth talking about. Ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by EzePromoe: 5:14am On Apr 29, 2016
Haba OP, what do you mean by "there was no massacre, only the killing of 6 people"? Or are you Patience Jonathan?

5 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by nnachukz(m): 5:54am On Apr 29, 2016
Op you accuse them of sitting in their offices in Lagos and write reports about the happenings in Enugu. You forgot they have workers all over the country. But you as a single individual have done same thing or even worse, you sat down wherever you are and put few calls across without even coming for fact finding before putting on this criticism which is fully based on police reports an agency we know for their "unparalleled truthfulness".

3 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by Nakairogold(f): 5:59am On Apr 29, 2016
We have lost it in Nigeria, human lives mean nothing. We drag politics into everything. Op I believe if your brother was involved d topic would have been different. People were killed and you said 'only'. Very soon another report will come up saying no life was lost in Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 29, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Op, please excuse me, a life is worth more than millions of naira to the family ok.so 6, is worth talking about. Ok

I dont presume the OP's intent is to diminish the worthness of life. We can not deny the fact that, there's something hypocritical about the way the news of Enugu attack was reported, and the increasing political undertones make it hard for one to separate fact from fiction. You want to question whether some "concerned" citizens truly sympathize with the victims or are indeed happy to capitalize on other's suffering to score cheap political points for selfish reasons. Also for sentimental reasons, the image some people, especially from SE are projecting (knowingly or unknowingly), is that the lives of affected victims in SE are more precious than those of other victims in other parts of the country. These all could distract us from what should be our collective objective, which is finding a lasting solution to ending the menace of rampaging fulani herdmen. The OP posts is an example of the sort of distraction we dont need.

As a matter of fact, the life of every Nigerian is precious and must be held as such by all, regardless of ethnicity or religious affiliation. Today, there's hardly a community in Nigeria that hasnt suffered from the menace of rampaging Fulani Herdsmen. I myself, was a first-hand victim of Fulani herdmen. For decades, fulani herdmen have been rampaging villages and towns, killing people in mostly northern part of the country, however many people in other regions or states showed little empathy or concern, because they saw it as "na dem wahala, e no concern my state or region". Now, the menace is knocking on every one's door. I am glad we seem to have all "woken up" by these recent fulani attacks, and are beginning to take this issue really serious. Many are beginning to protest vigorously, which is good. If any lesson should be learnt from this, its we must not wait until trouble visits us all, before we take action or show genuine solidarity to the plight of other Nigerians, regardless of their ethnic, religion or regional affiliation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by iliyande(m): 6:18am On Apr 29, 2016
A life can never be "only" please take note #Op

2 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by loopman: 6:20am On Apr 29, 2016
The Op Want to downplay the killing of his people .
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by UnclePati: 6:20am On Apr 29, 2016
Human life means somtin..it means everytin.
I am deltan...... igbos r my brothers and folks.........I was only disapointed with d media who had inconsistent reports and vague news.....

Right now am in umuahia on official duty......I have seen people here boil over the enugu matter..someone told his friend at aba with strong exclamation that 200 people died.
Another shouted nna chai obu massacare.....ha gbu ndi nkanyi......

My brother......I had to put the report straignt to them through various nairaland eye withness post and police report published......before anger flares here..
I regret the lost life....I have also prayed for their soul...

I stand to fight anytime anyday on the side of the igbos.......

I am a strong pdp and jonathanian........
I don support lies and propaganda........
I dont support Nigeria.

Nakairogold:
We have lost it in Nigeria, human lives mean nothing. We drag politics into everything. Op I believe if your brother was involved d topic would whave been different. People were killed and you said 'only'. Very soon another report will come up saying no live was lost in Enugu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by UnclePati: 6:24am On Apr 29, 2016
There is no need for that.....
Am sure all bodies are still in the morgue......take a trip to enugu and count them...let the world know the real truth.

loopman:
The Op Want to downplay the killing of his people .

1 Like

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by UnclePati: 6:26am On Apr 29, 2016
It was actually wrong to use the word ONLY.
my apologies....

Just let the south west folks know we lost 6.

iliyande:
A life can never be "only" please take note #Op
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by loopman: 6:28am On Apr 29, 2016
UnclePati:
There is no need for that.....
Am sure all bodies are still in the morgue......take a trip to enugu and count them...let the world know the real truth.

The death of a human diminishes the human race, saying ONLY 6 PEOPLE were killed is just an attempt at downplaying the madness.
What if the whole six people killed happens to be your own brothers and sisters? Would you still qualify the deaths as mere 6 people died?
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by loopman: 6:31am On Apr 29, 2016
UnclePati:
my apologies....

This is what is all about, so that the Yoruba boys can get off your back, you've been sad seeing all the mockery on NL.

3 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by UnclePati: 6:32am On Apr 29, 2016
I feel your pain bro......I shouldnt ve used the word ONLY
pls tell our south west brothers dat we lost 6.

Their lives matter....its painful angers have flared and there will be payback somday..
My annonyance was with the south west dominated media and their propaganda lies to diminish the igbos.

No need for the insult....

DDeliverer:
op, you are a big fooool.

ONLY 6people? only? even if its one person does he deserve death??

ONLY six people? Six people dying is now only...

big goat.

1 Like

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by loopman: 6:35am On Apr 29, 2016
UnclePati:
I feel your pain bro......I shouldnt ve used the word ONLY
pls tell our south west brothers dat we lost just 6.

Their lives matter....its painful angers have flared and there will be payback somday..
My annonyance was with the south west dominated media and their propaganda lies to diminish the igbos.

No need for the insult....

In an attempt to set the record straight you are making a big fool of yourself bro.

2 Likes

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by optional1(f): 6:39am On Apr 29, 2016
Which story r we to believe now,

well we commit of safety into God's hand.
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by Peritus(m): 6:47am On Apr 29, 2016
So the Op doesn't have a first hand information, but merely basing his claim on police report and someone's "eye witness" account.
My dear, police don't and may never give exact report of casualties especially on a sensitive case like this. Again, the acclaimed eye witness was never in the village and practically witnessed no killing or the aftermath. His claim was based on the alleged number of corpses received at the mortuary. Incredible!
The question you should ask yourself is: who released the figures as received at the mortuary? Now police is trying to change it from herdsmen to rogues, and you don't see anything there.
I'm from Enugu state and till this moment, Filanis are terrorizing us. They killed two about 3 years ago before they majored in daylight robbery and rape which is still ongoing. My village no longer farm at the common village farmland that is several kilometers away from the village. They now farm at their backyards. The herdsmen walk freely with their guns and rape women farmers (old mothers) recklessly like their lives depend on it. It's no longer on the issue of destruction of farms and grazing on crops cos it's now a norm.

1 Like

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by Sunky200: 7:09am On Apr 29, 2016
"only 6 people died in the attack"?
as if that is not enough serial killing

op, are you in any way serious at all?

are they expected to wait till these boko haram escapees under the cover of herdmen reduce their life value to that of the north-east before screaming out loud.

op, seriously, i think you are stupid

if you'd know the value of peace and life you would have been more reasonable
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by kuuljay(m): 7:11am On Apr 29, 2016
What the OP is saying is that it is wrong to over bloat numbers out of proportion because of the hate igbos have for the president, I live in enugu and as of yesterday evening I have been hearing rumours of pockets of killings of hausas here and there which the media may not report that is the danger of exaggerating this whole thing,and that is where the problems start from, fulanis don't just attack people they do that as a revenge mission only that when they are killed no one hears about it
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by UncleSnr(m): 7:17am On Apr 29, 2016
kuuljay:
What the OP is saying is that it is wrong to over bloat numbers out of proportion because of the hate igbos have for the president, I live in enugu and as of yesterday evening I have been hearing rumours of pockets of killings of hausas here and there which the media may not report that is the danger of exaggerating this whole thing,and that is where the problems start from, fulanis don't just attack people they do that as a revenge mission only that when they are killed no one hears about it
So killing is good na?
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by trueconscience(m): 7:18am On Apr 29, 2016
Enemies of Nigeria at work!
Loving the spread of alarm to create tension and incite hatred to satisfy their desire to break up the country.

Be wary of the divisive #IPOB on this forum as they are keen on polluting your mind with misinformation and disinformation

1 Like

Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by otitokoroleti: 8:09am On Apr 29, 2016
UnclePati:
my apologies....

r u high while u make d first post? what do u plan to achieve with the silly thread?
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by kenkenny55(m): 8:39am On Apr 29, 2016
I just believe that most of you. Slamming op for what he posted. Before you guys comment nd trow trash on someone post here always try to understand the content... I was in enugu when it happened news carried it that abt 200 people were slaughtered... I saw pics of people being buthered.. I was like what the hell. Is happening... Until I went on naij nd saw the actually killing. He is trying to say that some news broadcast. Are always decieving people with lies. Just to market their books.... OP well done.. Some people will not post buh would be the first to condem someone. U should understand that he is not saying that human life is worthless.... Understand him ndi mmadu.
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by onexile: 8:59am On Apr 29, 2016
I think i agree with the Op to some extent. The figure may not actually be only 6, but am sure it's not as much as Lagos-Ibadan express media painted it.

The Op was only putting the records straight. A day shall come, this Fulani's will go market, dem no go come back.
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by loopman: 9:07am On Apr 29, 2016
kenkenny55:
I just believe that most of you. Slamming op for what he posted. Before you guys comment nd trow trash on someone post here always try to understand the content... I was in enugu when it happened news carried it that abt 200 people were slaughtered... I saw pics of people being buthered.. I was like what the hell. Is happening... Until I went on naij nd saw the actually killing. He is trying to say that some news broadcast. Are always decieving people with lies. Just to market their books.... OP well done.. Some people will not post buh would be the first to condem someone. U should understand that he is not saying that human life is worthless.... Understand him ndi mmadu.

Na Igbo you dey write?
Re: NEWPAPERS OF Lies.........there Was No Massacre In Enugu. by loopman: 9:11am On Apr 29, 2016
onexile:
I think i agree with the Op to some extent. The figure may not actually be only 6, but am sure it's not as much as Lagos-Ibadan express media painted it.

The Op was only putting the records straight. A day shall come, this Fulani's will go market, dem no go come back.

Anytime a news report don't favor you, you easily blame and ascribe it to Lagos- Ibadan express media?
Why not counter the news with your own Enugu- Onitsha express media ? like Authority newspaper undecided
Too many hypocrites in that una region.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC / Ondo Election: Picture Of Branded Cars For Jimoh Ibrahim Campaign / Throw Back Photo Of Abacha ,abiola And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.