Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! (10420 Views)

My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by Dfash(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2009
PLS can sombody out there help me with any information on how to solve this riddle am currently facing concerning the state of my laptop battery that refuse to charge. this problem started not quiet long, i discovered that whenever i plug my laptop it will first show the charging light for some few seconds before it stops and never be seen again. and when i check the battery charging level it shows 0% and trips off whenever there is power outage. pleaseeeeeeeeeee i need urgent advice. pls i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by Donseaun(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2009
I think ur ba3 is bad bro. Get anoda ba3 and test it to see if will work fine.
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by simpsonX: 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2009
the fault might also be from your charger. test the charger on another laptop and if its ok then see a technician.
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by DoubleN(m): 8:13am On Aug 11, 2009
Take out your battery and charge it on another laptop and see what happens.Also use your charger on another laptop.If both of them still show signs of working then its either the Power IC on your motherboard is bad or the charging port.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by deji2005(m): 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
Let the battery run flat

disconnect your charger+battery

press and hold down the power button (30seconds)

Then let go

connect battery +charger let it charge for 1hr

Then test: if this work then it might be a static build up If doesnt then see a technician
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by alicejacob: 10:56am On Aug 13, 2009
I think you need a new battery .
You shouldn't stuck the battery with laptop all the time. Charge it full when you need to go out with laptop, otherwise, keep it separately.
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by Dfash(m): 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2009
thanks deji, i tried your trick and to my suprise it works! thanks alot but i hope it doesn't has a side effect?
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by deji2009(m): 1:50am On Aug 15, 2009
You much welcome, by the way is a team work. it wont have a side effect what you did there was discharge the static electricity on

the power board : let me give you a clue you know if you rob a ballon on your hair it would definitely pick up papers wont it ? that a

static electricity which prevented it from working, should be alright now, am glad is working
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by DrTony1(m): 3:43am On Aug 17, 2009
Deji, pls help me. I've d same problem with d poster,I ve tried dat ur trick bt it doesnt work. my laptop doesnt charge d batt. afta d a/c power jack was changed by a half cooked technician, it came up with the msg immediately afta d repairing took place: "YOUR POWER ADAPTER IS NOT RECOGNISED BY THE SYSTEM, SO THE BATTERY WONT HAVE OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE, PLEASE CONNECT DELL 65W AC ADAPTER". The funny thing is dat I use dis same 65W Adapter, Ive also changed d power adapter but it still doesnt change anything. sure d battery charges on other laptops but not on mine so d battery is OK. Since Jan. this yr my lappy goes off as NEPA goes off. Pls deji can U suggest any other tricks cos d last tym I took to computer village they wantd to change d motherboard saying its d only remedy to solve d problem but I refused. Anyway d model is Dell Inspiron 6000. Anxiously waitin 4 replies,
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by deji2009(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2009
How old is the machine ? since you"ve tested the battery on different computer and charge ok then that means the battery is ok and you are using a compatable ac adaptor which is fine, so it would be down to the mobotherboad as the technicians says. But am suspecting your laptop is about 2-4 yrs old and lacking bios update. let be check on the manu website to see if there is any update

meanwhile we need to check the battery health by going into the bios, first and foremost

turn off your notebook back on dont wait for anything and keep pressing f2 on the keybaord until you get a blue screen should say something like bios setup utility if f2 didnt bring up anything then try delete key until you get the blue screen and look for option relating to the battery meter, this would tell you if the battery is healthy or not worth doing it. I"ll see if I can get a picture on how the screen looks like. tecs in the house I hope am on the right track
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by deji2009(m): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
Bios screen looks like this scroll up and you see some options relating to battery and let us know what it says
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by deji2009(m): 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2009
bios

Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by DrTony1(m): 4:06am On Aug 18, 2009
Deji U re too much man.
Ok I did what U said, and my Battery info reads:
BATTERY IDLE
0% CHARGED
AC ADAPTER= UNKNOWN DEVICE INSTALLED
Also the BIOS VERSION = A05 (02/23/2005)
So what next should I do man, Im just frustated,my battery is dead n gone, I tink I should remove d battery 4rm d lappy 4 d mean time.
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by deji2009(m): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2009
ok, thanks for checking. as you probably know by now the problem is with the battery staus Idle 0% charge that because the battery is gone and the AC Adaptor no device installed that means is not able to make contact with the battery. your charger is perfectly fine is just an issue with the battery. That why i made those suggestions because the engineer you went to see didnt know there is battery health check in the bios they just made assumption is a problem with the motherboard, had in being that you went ahead with the repair most liklely the problem willl still be there. I was just checking on the manufacturer website and apparently the version of Bios you"ve got is out of date. according to the manufacturer website click on the support then drivers & download and select your model and make. you need to download version A09 date released 10/12/2005.

SO, try that infact i try looking for yor email address on your proffile to see if i can send it to you as email attachment, but i couldnt find it. anyway, here you are support.dell.com. if all fails after downloading the bios update then replace the battery

Hope we were able to help,

Deji
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by VGA: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2009
Hp 530 smart disk failure, what should i do please ? thanx
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by DrTony1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2009
Thanks Deji for the reply, heres my mail addy: smilingtony4real@yahoo.com. Ur concern and swift response is highly appreciated by me.
But somethings aint clear to me. Firstly, that same battery works n charges perfectly on other laptops so I think theres no nid 4 replacement. Secondly, the BIOS you recommended for me, isnt it also outdated as the year is 2005,isnt there any latest one to download,anyway I check myself. Finally, Is there any side effects when installing a new bios and are there any possible problems one could encounter.
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by deji2009(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
@DR.TOny, your prev post mentioned that you have A05, dell has A12 which is the latest one even though it was 2005,downnload it and see what happen. if you"re not happy to do that then take down to a technician
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by deji2009(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
sorry A09
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by Teeboy06(m): 7:46am On Aug 31, 2014
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]HEllo deji pls help me my laptop is showing 163- time and date not set each time I on it and I press ENTER nothing change....someone said I should remove simos battery and don't know how to do that.....
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by Mekzmoney(m): 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
deji2005:

Let the battery run flat

disconnect your charger+battery

press and hold down the power button (30seconds)

Then let go

connect battery +charger let it charge for 1hr

Then test: if this work then it might be a static build up If doesnt then see a technician

Bro, m having the same issue. Mine would charge from 0% to 26 or 29% and display "not charging)

What should I do pls?
I just bot the laptop on jiji.
Re: Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:49am On Jul 29, 2018
GarminTechnical:
due to not proper connecting with the socket sometime there is short circuit in the charging cable. That cause destruction in your charger which also cause damage in battery. Check your charger connectivity with socket and fix it. Than your computer will gonna work again.

Do you know anything that can make a laptop painfully slow and sluggish when plugged in but normal and fast on battery?
The laptop becomes normal when it charges up a little and I reboot it.
Plus, if I'm charging without the battery inside, the laptop is good!

(1) (Reply)

Wema Bank Rewards Winners Of Hackaholics 4.0 With Over 50 Million Naira / How To Fix Limited Access On Your Computer When Connected To Hotspot / Windows 10: The Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.