Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives (1139 Views)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / APC Attacks The Obi Of Onitsha For Not Coming To Greet Buhari At The Airport / Prison Warder Attacks The Nation, AIT Reporters (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 7:02am On Apr 29, 2016
With all the rantings on social network about Fulani herdsmen's killings and the siddon look approach people thought the government is applying, I seem not to see it from that end but from two different angles.

1) the west in their several attempts to destabilize Nigeria, delay its growth and possibly break it up; after seeing the efforts the Nigerian army is putting into nipping the insurgency in the bud and seeing that the insurgency no longer has the willpower to destabilize the country cuz I still see the boko haram insurgency as CIA's covert operation against Nigeria. They now resorted to arming some unscrupulous elements and probably some Fulani guys too to go on rampage. the earlier we look at things from here the better and faster it with be for us to attack it from all fronts and end it as early as possible....

2) The second angle is, some gun running businessmen who were making serious money from the insurgency have decided to shift attention to the nonthinking Fulanis and arming them to cause mayhem so as to continue making their "blood" money

..but rather for so many a people to sit and think deeply about this killings, they resorted to calling the President names and all what nots.....we should first ask ourselves that "is gun now something every Jack, dick and harry can get?" "who are those supplying these 'people' with arms?"

I saw a video the other day of people in a boat with arms and I wonder "are these Fulani herdsmen?" "what do they really stand to gain with the killings?"

I related with a few Fulani guys during my service year in kwara and I understood that they CANNOT attack anybody without a cause not minding the fact that they value their Cows even more than their families...and I can assure that these sort of attack is more than the Fulanis....

violence in Nigeria started from the Jos brouhaha to Militancy, Boko haramism to Kidnapping, and now Fulani herdsmen attacks.

Aren't we suppose to think? Some set of people are so hell bent on destabilizing this county but God won't allow them.

Whatever evil against the oneness of Nigeria will not prevail and so shall it be!

This is solely my write up and should not be plagiarized...

@SMADA....copyright 2016.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by Ikegift4real(m): 7:05am On Apr 29, 2016
naija is on fire. all we need is a revolution to change the cause of things in this country, I can't tell my kids that I kept quite amidst all this wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by feldido(m): 7:23am On Apr 29, 2016
Why do we always want to blame others for our misfortune?
We run away from problems instead of finding solution though the root cause.

Nigeria lacks Good Crisis Management system.
These Crisis can be nipped at the first stage( Pro droma). But we care less about being proactive but likes being reactive so we can get glories to ourselves or administration.

We have a long way to go.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by kogirodent: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2016
You have not written anything worth plagiarising.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by Kayendy(m): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2016
So even. If dııs stuff Is western oriented, Is It beyond our powers to solve.. op untıl nıgerıa decıde to stop blamıng other pple for theır misfortunes, we mıght actually break up one day... so the westerns are Stıll the ones stoppınG our dear president from doıng anztın ın thıs delıma
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by kogirodent: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2016
You have blamed everybody except the people commiting the crimes themselves. From what you have written it is also clear that you have not had one on one experience these people.
1. These herdsmen are not faceless. Many of them are know to their victims. These are herdsmen living on the outskirts of their host communities and they attack once dey start having issues with their landlords. The gunmen like those you saw in that video are only invited from far away places once the local fulanis get outnumbered and outsmarted.
2. For instance, one of my Fulani friends told me of how the Fulani man herding their cattle travelled from Yola all the way to Benue state to fight for two weeks! Do you still think he was called and sponsored by the great devil America for that trip?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 7:47am On Apr 29, 2016
kogirodent:
You have blamed everybody except the people commiting the crimes themselves. From what you have written it is also clear that you have not had one on one experience these people.
1. These herdsmen are not faceless. Many of them are know to their victims. These are herdsmen living on the outskirts of their host communities and they attack once dey start having issues with their landlords. The gunmen like those you saw in that video are only invited from far away places once the local fulanis get outnumbered and outsmarted.
2. For instance, one of my Fulani friends told me of how the Fulani man herding their cattle travelled from Yola all the way to Benue state to fight for two weeks! Do you still think he was called and sponsored by the great devil America for that trip?

Maybe you need to first check the topic to know the pattern the write up followed....and I've not ruled out the fact that 'some' Fulani men attack but for a reason....

the write up is open ended so I welcome criticisms and suggestions.....

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 7:54am On Apr 29, 2016
kogirodent:
You have not written anything worth plagiarising.

Yes I've not but you will soon see it on blogs....
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 7:58am On Apr 29, 2016
feldido:
Why do we always want to blame others for our misfortune?
We run away from problems instead of finding solution though the root cause.

Nigeria lacks Good Crisis Management system.
These Crisis can be nipped at the first stage( Pro droma). But we care less about being proactive but likes being reactive so we can get glories to ourselves or administration.

We have a long way to go.

Hope you are not saying I'm blaming others for crisis...

What I rather tried to do is make people see things from other perspectives and have an understanding of the root cause of the crisis to enable is find solution quick.. thanks
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 8:00am On Apr 29, 2016
Kayendy:
So even. If dııs stuff Is western oriented, Is It beyond our powers to solve.. op untıl nıgerıa decıde to stop blamıng other pple for theır misfortunes, we mıght actually break up one day... so the westerns are Stıll the ones stoppınG our dear president from doıng anztın ın thıs delıma

Bro, will jump at finding solution to a problem without first knowing the root cause? This is what I think the President is doing.... first identifying the root cause and then proffering solutions to it...thanks
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 8:03am On Apr 29, 2016
Ikegift4real:
naija is on fire. all we need is a revolution to change the cause of things in this country, I can't tell my kids that I kept quite amidst all this wahala.

What kind of revolution? cuz I feel we don't have to go to the streets shouting n jumping before we change things, so many Nigerian will not even leave their houses for fear of the unknown.....

What we badly need is reorientation.... the National Orientation Agency are the one saddled with these sort of responsibilities
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by drebaba12(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2016
smada13:

Bro, will jump at finding solution to a problem without first knowing the root cause? This is what I think the President is doing.... first identifying the root cause and then proffering solutions to it...thanks
what happen to Governors of those states? what is their main focus is it not to secure life and property of his people? the same set of bastards can't pay workers salary yet they are still waiting for Mr President to come and save their states. what about the Local Government of that area this are the people we need to ask more questions

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2016
drebaba12:
what happen to Governors of those states? what is their main focus is it not to secure life and property of his people? the same set of bastards can't pay workers salary yet they are still waiting for Mr President to come and save their states. what about the Local Government of that area this are the people we need to ask more questions

Hmmm.....guys are vexing.....easy bros...
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by cmart09(m): 8:31am On Apr 29, 2016
The national Fulani secretary has plenty of cheques that runs in large sums, which are used to fund all this attacks

From ammunition procurement to payment of each of the terrorist.
they are very ready to fight to any length.

All they need is a signal from any region where indigenous people have existing or new issues with herdsman, then this Fulani terror wing will take it up.

Funding is not a problem for them.

my advice is; Fulani's national chairperson and national secretary should be arrested and investigated.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2016
cmart09:
The national Fulani secretary has plenty of cheques that runs in large sums, which are used to fund all this attacks

From ammunition procurement to payment of each of the terrorist.
they are very ready to fight to any length.

All they need is a signal from any region where indigenous people have existing or new issues with herdsman, then this Fulani terror wing will take it up.

Funding is not a problem for them.

my advice is; Fulani's national chairperson and national secretary should be arrested and investigated.

Sorry to ask bro, is it just hearsay or you have evidences?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by TruthisGOD: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2016
smada13:
With all the rantings on social network about Fulani herdsmen's killings and the siddon look approach people thought the government is applying, I seem not to see it from that end but from two different angles.

1) the west in their several attempts to destabilize Nigeria, delay its growth and possibly break it up; after seeing the efforts the Nigerian army is putting into nipping the insurgency in the bud and seeing that the insurgency no longer has the willpower to destabilize the country cuz I still see the boko haram insurgency as CIA's covert operation against Nigeria. They now resorted to arming some unscrupulous elements and probably some Fulani guys too to go on rampage. the earlier we look at things from here the better and faster it with be for us to attack it from all fronts and end it as early as possible....

2) The second angle is, some gun running businessmen who were making serious money from the insurgency have decided to shift attention to the nonthinking Fulanis and arming them to cause mayhem so as to continue making their "blood" money

..but rather for so many a people to sit and think deeply about this killings, they resorted to calling the President names and all what nots.....we should first ask ourselves that "is gun now something every Jack, dick and harry can get?" "who are those supplying these 'people' with arms?"

I saw a video the other day of people in a boat with arms and I wonder "are these Fulani herdsmen?" "what do they really stand to gain with the killings?"

I related with a few Fulani guys during my service year in kwara and I understood that they CANNOT attack anybody without a cause not minding the fact that they value their Cows even more than their families...and I can assure that these sort of attack is more than the Fulanis....

violence in Nigeria started from the Jos brouhaha to Militancy, Boko haramism to Kidnapping, and now Fulani herdsmen attacks.

Aren't we suppose to think? Some set of people are so hell bent on destabilizing this county but God won't allow them.

Whatever evil against the oneness of Nigeria will not prevail and so shall it be!

Who will plagiarize such nonsense story? The question you should ask urself if u so much want to preserve the unity of your country is, do the herdsmen really carry AK 47 guns instead of sticks? Why is Nigeria security not restricting them from carry gun? Have even one fulani perpetrator caught by our security agent? U think u're preserving the unity of the country by writing this trash instead of asking some truthful questions.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by Ikegift4real(m): 11:00am On Apr 29, 2016
smada13:

What kind of revolution? cuz I feel we don't have to go to the streets shouting n jumping before we change things, so many Nigerian will not even leave their houses for fear of the unknown.....

What we badly need is reorientation.... the National Orientation Agency are the one saddled with these sort of responsibilities

a whole lot of sensitization and reorientation has been going on with nothing to show. we need to tell our leaders dat we sent them dia to serve us and not to starve us abi u like s state of s nation? we need it so dat even future leaders will fear n respect d masses that's what we owe d nxt generation.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by cmart09(m): 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
[quote author=smada13 post=45143628]

Sorry to ask bro, is it just hearsay or you have evidences?

My neighbour who is a politician got to know this when his home town had same issue, and he was among the three men team that went to Abuja, and during the discussions he happened that he knew the secretary's late father that was how he brought out plenty of cheques and bla bla bla.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by NDPVF(m): 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
smada13:

[/s]In 1804,Fulanis fought jihad and enslaved Hausa kings,today the outcome is an Islamic North. May i ask you,was it CIA/West that armed and recruited them to overrun and enslave Hausas,who prior the fulani/uthman danfodio unslaught,can't be said to be really muslims?.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: The Western And Business Perspectives by smada13(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2016
NDPVF:
[s][/s]In 1804,Fulanis fought jihad and enslaved Hausa kings,today the outcome is an Islamic North. May i ask you,was it CIA/West that armed and recruited them to overrun and enslave Hausas,who prior the fulani/uthman danfodio unslaught,can't be said to be really muslims?.

So, you now have to strike out my thoughts? So many youths these days have no manners!.....

I still stand by what I wrote and it's not a must that you accept...bare your mind and I bare mine too, that's how knowledge increase, not some childish acts....

You cannot compare the time of conquest to this present issue, they are two different things entirely...maybe you need to go back to history and check why the Uthman Dan Fodios go for battles, then compare it with this mess going on...

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants / Nigerians Should Judge Whether Life Is Better Under APC Than PDP — Mark / Tactics Nigerian Politicians Adopt To Deceive The Masses(pictures Inclusive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.