Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants (1141 Views)

Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation / Between Eze Madumere, A Driver & NSCDC Officias In Owerri .PICS / Militants Blow Up Agip Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa: NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by fiizznation: 8:13am On May 16, 2016
Niger Delta militants

Simon Utebor, Yenagoa

Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps have killed three suspected Niger Delta militants in Bayelsa State during a gun duel.

It was learnt that in the shootout, which reportedly happened on Saturday, two operatives of the corps sustained gunshot wounds.

It was further learnt that during the incident which took place along Snake Creeks in the Nembe area of the state, many of the suspected hoodlums, who reportedly attacked the armed civil defenders, were said to have fled with gunshot injuries.

Security personnel have recently become the targets of militants and sea pirates in the region, leading to the death of no fewer than 10 security agents in the last one month.

Confirming the latest attack, the Commandant, NSCDC, Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Desmond Agu, noted that his men were on patrol when they came under fire from the suspected militants.

Agu stated, “The NSCDC personnel, while on patrol along the Snake Creek within Nembe Creeks, came under heavy attack from the criminals operating along that area. After the ensuing gunbattle, three of the assailants were killed while the rest escaped with gunshot injuries.

‘’Two NSCDC personnel sustained minor gunshot injuries but have been treated and discharged from the Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa.”

On the security threats posed by the recent upsurge in militancy and fears that oil production in the region might end if the attacks continued, Agu stated that the NSCDC and other security agencies were working assiduously to ensure that the threats were minimised.

He added, “The militants cannot take over the creeks because that’s not possible. The nation belongs to all of us. We are talking about protecting Nigeria’s critical assets. We will make sure that in collaboration with the other agencies, the pipelines and other assets are protected.

‘’We are ensuring that this thing is minimised so that Nigeria will enjoy peace. Nigeria depends largely on oil. On the destruction of pipelines, we are at red alert.”

He said the corps recently arrested one Tama Emmanuel and two others along Azuzuama for masterminding the destruction of an Agip flowline at Ogbounbiri-Tebidaba.

According to the Commandant, a coordinated massive operation at an illegal bunkering point at Otuegwe 2, Ogbia Forest, also led to the destruction of the site and arrest of 15 vandals.

“Those that are determined to make sure we do not sleep, let them look for something else to do. Nothing is in the pipelines except destruction and pollution. Right now, there’s no fish and no farm. They blow pipelines and blame everybody else,” he said.

Agu said the NSCDC would not be deterred by the activities of the militants “because Nigeria is bigger than few individuals.”

He added, “The police, soldiers and Navy are working together. Their attacks will not intimidate us. As a small child, it was illegal to possess arms, even dane guns, now you have sophisticated weapons everywhere.’’

He commended the Federal Government for supporting the corps, but added that “like Oliver Twist, it’s never enough.’’

Agu also listed the arrest of one ‘General’ Yere, wanted for vandalising oil facilities in Pirigbene, Southern Ijaw; the destruction of over 400 illegal refineries and repelling of several kidnap attempts by kidnappers and sea pirates attempting to invade communities in Sagbama as some of the successes the security agency had recorded recently.

http://www.punchng.com/bayelsa-nscdc-kills-three-militants/

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by gisthit: 8:15am On May 16, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by Ebubeslym(m): 8:18am On May 16, 2016
So what the 50 fierce looking armed to the teeth soldiers redeployed from Borno to Delta couldn't do was done by the Civil defence corps??
Diariz god ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by adenine02: 8:37am On May 16, 2016
ok

lets see how they will respond

maybe they will go and bomb d pipelines supplying gas to NITEL

up niger delta PASSENGER!!!
noooo!
niger delta MESSENGER!!!

oooo!

i mean niger delta avengers!!!
Re: Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by DaBullIT(m): 8:43am On May 16, 2016
I won't insult you

rather i would educate you

Those soldiers were not stationed there to kill anyone , they were there to observe

And if they did kill someone i am sure yeebos , the collective of ND,SS,SE will start screaming to the International court and human rights that Buhari unleashed terror on the yeebos using hausas and fulani soldiers

when part of them kill them, the case is easier , less noise for presidency

A retired General is running the country , Zoology PHd holder

Ebubeslym:
So what the 50 fierce looking armed to the teeth soldiers redeployed from Borno to Delta couldn't do was done by the Civil defence corps??
Diariz god ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by Ebubeslym(m): 8:48am On May 16, 2016
DaBullIT:
I won't insult you

rather i would educate you

Those soldiers were not stationed there to kill anyone , they were there to observe

And if they did kill someone i am sure yeebos , the collective of ND,SS,SE will start screaming to the International court and human rights that Buhari unleashed terror on the yeebos using hausas and fulani soldiers

when part of them kill them, the case is easier , less noise for presidency

A retired General is running the country , Zoology PHd holder

lols.
I'll just ignore the bolded because
i pity your crass ignorance.
And for the record, if you wanna educate someone look for a zombie.
Re: Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by Nobody: 9:37am On May 16, 2016
Everbody dey kill Avengers. Wait till dem avenge huna lies
Re: Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by seunny4lif(m): 9:50am On May 16, 2016
Are you sure
Re: Bayelsa NSCDC Kills Three Militants by MrDavidson: 10:17am On May 16, 2016
It's victory news like this that should be common, since those militants think they're both invisible and invincible. Next, we want to hear that one hundred to two hundred of them were rounded up.

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cows In Rivers State.... PHOTOS / N135 Per Ltr Pms In My Area Now / OMG! See How Notorious Kidnappers Escaped From Kuje Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.