Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? (25604 Views)

How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture / How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by robosky02(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

Heheheh.. in five mins.my shift would be over.. so chill.. wink

tohpahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the real nairaland queen lol cheesy
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:02am On Apr 30, 2016
robosky02:

tohpahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the real nairaland queen lol cheesy

Till a new one is crowned.. wink
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by dubbiskelly(m): 8:05am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

Lolzzzz seriously in this nigeria,there would never be a time where bns nurses would be more grounded dan rn nurses. Mark my wrds.leave all this Fg something .
smiley nd yes am going for my bns soon just for d cert. . Added advantage. kiss
My dear Itz not about being grounded or not, people learn on the job, what matters is the worth of your qualification. Any good job opening will pick a greenhorn Bsc or Masters holder over the most experienced nursing school graduate.
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by Mediapace: 8:05am On Apr 30, 2016
Over Ke cheesy , can't you wait till dawn. Is the place not sweet ?
tohpahz:

Heheheh.. in five mins.my shift would be over.. so chill.. wink
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by robosky02(m): 8:06am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

Till a new one is crowned.. wink

and who are you hoping to hand over to?
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:09am On Apr 30, 2016
dubbiskelly:

My dear Itz not about being grounded or not, people learn on the job, what matters is the worth of your qualification. Any good job opening will pick a greenhorn Bsc or Masters holder over the most experienced nursing school graduate.

You think. grin

This is where d problem lies.. angry that's y i nid dat cert.. grin
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:09am On Apr 30, 2016
robosky02:

and who are you hoping to hand over to?
The morning nurse grin
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by dubbiskelly(m): 8:14am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

You think. grin

You can go do it in the uk in about 12 calendar months or less. You will be happy u did.
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2016
dubbiskelly:

You can go do it in the uk in about 12 calendar months or less. You will be happy u did.

How much wink?
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by robosky02(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

The morning nurse grin

lol me I like the "night shift" nurse lol

original tohp.... hahaha
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by dubbiskelly(m): 8:23am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

How much wink?
Look into it, the price varies with school.
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2016
dubbiskelly:

Look into it, the price varies with school.

The ones i looked into are very costly
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by jagojunior(m): 8:26am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

You think. grin

Someone thinks nursing ends with Resume your shift, do the usual routine for the patient using the old techniques as done by Nightingale and receive your monthly alert and "when faced with an emergency call the Dr" and wait. After all no be my cross to carry. Pheeeeeew!!!

kudos dear, you rock

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by koolpope(m): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2016
Heaven ke,Shey u sure say u go make heaven?
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by dubbiskelly(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

The ones i looked into are very costly
Nothing good comes cheap, I paid for mine out of personal savings.
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by robosky02(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2016
chuksbogus2001:
Nursing is a noble profession a call to serve humanity and it will also put food on your table.i mean real food. when you are employed the same day with an accountant in the hospital u will pay the accountant with your salary and have balance well cos of the allowances like ,teaching,and shift allowance .if you progress to the peak you can make up to 600 to 650k in a month.its a profession u cant say u wont see employment but will only be talking about how big the pay is. if you happen to specialize in area where nurses are not much u will be a hot cake and will be the one negotiating ur salary especially to private hospitals.areas like ,anaesthetist,cardiothoracic,occupational health nursing.

and if you go abroad you don hammer
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by Vblossom: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2016
@ Bhajea. Please come out of your delusion. Every BNSC Nurse becomes grounded at least to 90% level practically after NYSC even without internship. Just imagine what will become of them when they finally start partaking in internship. The comparison is not just worth it cos doing such would not be sane.
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by koolpope(m): 8:37am On Apr 30, 2016
We av more of school of nursing graduates in practice nd lesser bsc holders which accounts for d bsc nurses learning frm d school of nursing,2 every profession is based on evidenced based theories nd practices,3 u both do d same nursing council practical exams.....bsc is d way forward,byebye to galliport nurses
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:38am On Apr 30, 2016
dubbiskelly:

Nothing good comes cheap, I paid for mine out of personal savings.
Can i pm u?
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by dubbiskelly(m): 8:38am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

Can i pm u?
Ok.
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2016
Vblossom:
@ Bhajea. Please come out of your delusion. Every BNSC Nurse becomes grounded at least to 90% level practically after NYSC even without internship. Just imagine what will become of them when they finally start partaking in internship. The comparison is not just worth it cos doing such would not be sane.

Including d one that doesn't know the do's nd donts of dressing.. nd this particular one was doing her nysc.
I laugh!
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by Chelseafan1: 8:42am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:
And nursing is quite lucrative in Nigeria.. just to correct those of u saying it isn't.. it just depends on where u work,ur specialty and ur lvl.. altho it's more lucrative abroad sha..

But we don't do it for d money sha. tongue buh d money follow grin
Check ur mail please, I wanna ask you some really personal questions about Nursing, I hope you'll oblige me smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:43am On Apr 30, 2016
jagojunior:

Someone thinks nursing ends with Resume your shift, do the usual routine for the patient using the old techniques as done by Nightingale and receive your monthly alert and "when faced with an emergency call the Dr" and wait. After all no be my cross to carry. Pheeeeeew!!!

kudos dear, you rock

They think oo. Thanks jare
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 8:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Check ur mail please, I wanna ask you some really personal questions about Nursing, I hope you'll oblige me smiley smiley smiley smiley

Okay dear..
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by gunpoint(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2016
dubbiskelly:

What evidence do you have to back up your strong statements? It's true that a good number of nigerian nurses struggle financially as is common in most workers, however that does not mean that nursing does not pay. I worked as a nurse in Lagos for about five years and was making more money than many people thought was possible, it all depends on where you work. I once went for an interview where the start pay for nurses was over 500k and there are lots of places like that around.
You yourself said a good number of Nigerian nurses struggle, thats not a statement that can be made about any nurse here in Australia. But i will not argue with you, you been the nurse will surely known much better than me and i don't mean that in a sarcastic manner.
Just advise the OP. I gave him the bit i know which you have now proven right/wrong wink

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by dubbiskelly(m): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2016
gunpoint:

You yourself said a good number of Nigerian nurses struggle, thats not a statement that can be made about any nurse here in Australia. But i will not argue with you, you been the nurse will surely known much better than me and i don't mean that in a sarcastic manner.
Just advise the OP. I gave him the bit i know which you have now proven right/wrong wink
Is there any category of workers that don't struggle financially in nigeria? Struggle in this sense does not mean inability to live their day to day lives and pay their bills. Rather what I mean is that after paying bills, most don't have much left, which is normal with over 80% of nigerian workers.
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by jagojunior(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2016
tohpahz:

Including d one that doesn't know the do's nd donts of dressing.. nd this particular one was doing her nysc.
I laugh!

How many BNSc nurses have you worked with?
Have you worked with newly engaged intern doctors before (If yes, can you share their level of inexperience on engagement with your facility and that of when they rounded up their internship program)?

I wonder why most experienced nurses are magnanimous in the show of benevolence to the inexperienced doctors, guiding and assisting them graciously through their transition stage but become "monsters and parrots" when newly engaged nurses (BNSc RNs & SON RNs alike) need same tutelage from them. They scream it loud to high heavens when the new nurse makes redeemable blunders but call for others sympathy when their own negligence results to the death of a patient.

Everybody learns on the job. However, what you cited is not a strong point to water down the BNSc program to a "mere certificate program". There's more to nursing than the routine practice within the four walls of the ward. I can bet my 1kobo that you don't use the nursing process in your daily handling of your patients.

This is the 21st century and the earlier you emancipate yourself from the misconception of limiting your capability as "just that routine Nurse in the ward" to a progressive mind who is capable of covering the ward, carrying out research works, making progressive policies, developing curricula, and transforming the body of nursing in all totality both in Nigeria and the world at large, the better for you and everyone.

Wish you success in your endeavors
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by achu442(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You don't study Nursing for financial rewards. It's all about care, compassion, patience and love.
Your reward is in heaven!!!

What If the person didn't make heaven?
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Apr 30, 2016
achu442:

What If the person didn't make heaven?

Lol. They have to start making amends the moment it is known that, a possibility of left turn has opposed to a right turn is their portion!!!!!
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by tohpahz(f): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2016
jagojunior:

How many BNSc nurses have you worked with?
Have you worked with newly engaged intern doctors before (If yes, can you share their level of inexperience on engagement with your facility and that of when they rounded up their internship program)?

I wonder why most experienced nurses are magnanimous in the show of benevolence to the inexperienced doctors, guiding and assisting them graciously through their transition stage but become "monsters and parrots" when newly engaged nurses (BNSc RNs & SON RNs alike) need same tutelage from them. They scream it loud to high heavens when the new nurse makes redeemable blunders but call for others sympathy when their own negligence results to the death of a patient.

Everybody learns on the job. However, what you cited is not a strong point to water down the BNSc program to a "mere certificate program". There's more to nursing than the routine practice within the four walls of the ward. I can bet my 1kobo that you don't use the nursing process in your daily handling of your patients.

This is the 21st century and the earlier you emancipate yourself from the misconception of limiting your capability as "just that routine Nurse in the ward" to a progressive mind who is capable of covering the ward, carrying out research works, making progressive policies, developing curricula, and transforming the body of nursing in all totality both in Nigeria and the world at large, the better for you and everyone.

Wish you success in your endeavors

I still stand on my point.. bns is just a certificate program..
I knw they learn on the job,but thats for those who want to..
It's really disappointing wen after getting the so called cert nd spending 6months in service, someone cant even do dressing properly nd wen u try to teach dem,they take it like ' what can u teach mi, am way better than u' they end up doing the wrk haphazardly.. is this how the nursing profession is supposed to be. ? and am talking abt a personal experience here
At least d docs whu are bin taught are willing to learn from d nurses..
As for ur betting 1kobo on d nursing process use.. its quite tasking but i can assure u that although it's not implemented in every case fully, it's done to an extent by me.. there are so many factors militating against its use.
Nd finally newly graduated docs can fuc.k up sha.. grin
Mks me remember my pts days ..

Thanks. smiley
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by irisola(f): 9:50am On Apr 30, 2016
sch of nursing students are local nurses...u make me laugh.. u can join any of the sch of nursing around u.. no matter wia u are trained nursing is a noble and rewarding profession not only on earth bt in heaven also.. starting from sch of nursing doesn't mean u re local.. itx like a starting point
Re: How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? by born2lead01: 9:56am On Apr 30, 2016
For Nurses and those interested in Nursing profession you can check out www.nursesarena.com a forum where you can find information on all schools of Nursing Admission, Universities offering nursing,postbasic nursing programs, health and nursing news, how to go about nurse registration in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, UK, Singapore, South Africa, Canada among others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of A Female Painter In Akwa Ibom / Can Someone Access Their Pension Funds Before Official Retirement Age / Female Boss or Male Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.