Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave (5988 Views)

Quran On Finger Prints / Eid Mubarak Live From Yenagoa, Bayelsa State / Who Is Your Most Favourite Reciter Of The Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by babs01(m): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2016
What does role does the Quran play in our lives? Here’s a short list. Please add your own views in the comments section below! The Quran:

1. Teaches Muslim parents to create homes that are safe and nurturing— emotionally, physically, and spiritually—
for Muslim children. [Quran, 2:233]
2. Teaches us to treat our parents well. [Quran, 6:151]
3. Encourages us to be loving spouses— patient, kind, affectionate, and just.
4. Encourages us to respect life and all that Allah has created, to be responsible
with the resources with which He has provided us.
5. Discourages us from devoting our lives to envy and competition.
6. Teaches us gratitude, enhancing our joy in the dunya.
7. Builds unity in the ummah.
8. Teaches us to avoid conflict and seek peace.
9. Encourages us in halal work. [Quran, 18:110]
10. Teaches us to be faithful to our employers while not compromising our
obedience to Allah.
11. Teaches us to be good students of the message. [Quran, 7:158]
12. Encourages us to enjoy the good things that Allah has given us.
13. Teaches us to be grateful for tests that may come in the form of trials and hardships.
14. Saves us from becoming enslaved to pleasure. [Quran, 3:14]
15. Teaches us to be truthful.
16. Obliges us to be fair and honest in our dealings with others.
17. Inspires us with a love for the beauty of nature.
18. Discourages racism, showing us how Allah judges us according to our righteousness alone. [Quran, 7:168]
19. Unites people of many cultures.
20. Shows us the folly of violence. [Quran, 59:14]
21. Helps us focus our minds on what’s most important.
22. Encourages intellectual integrity.
23. Gives us examples of heroically righteous men, women, and children.
[Quran, 12:22]
24. Counters the world’s attempts to make heroes of sinful people.
25. Teaches us how to pray.
26. Gives us dietary guidelines. [Quran, 2:173]
27. Obliges us to be clean. [Quran, 5:6]
28. Prevents us from committing shirk.
29. Compels us to remember Allah always.
30. Dispels sadness, fear, anger, and worry just by the hearing of a recitation.
[Quran, 3:108]
31. Aids us in decisionmaking.
32. Exhorts us to care for the weak, the poor, those with challenges, the vulnerable, the young, and the aged.
[Quran, 2:3]
33. Changes us in positive ways, transforming us into the persons Allah created us to be.
34. Exhorts us to remove ourselves from the countless distractions of worldly life in order to spend time alone with our creator, praying and reflecting on His words.
35. Gives us hope of a beautiful reward. [Quran, 3:136].

How has the Quran influenced,
changed, or enriched your life?

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 29, 2016
4. Encourages us to respect life & ALL that Allah has created.... 8. Teaches us to avoid conflict & seek peace. Are 4 & 8 really true? Then, why are so many Muslims in Nigeria & d world so well known for violence?

7 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by babs01(m): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2016
BreketeMind:
4. Encourages us to respect life & ALL that Allah has created.... 8. Teaches us to avoid conflict & seek peace. Are 4 & 8 really true? Then, why are so many Muslims in Nigeria & d world so well known for violence?
You have to know Islam first before you know Muslims.

13 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2016
BreketeMind:
Quran5:32 says; because of that we ordained for the children of isreal that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder ,or(and) to spread mischief in the land_ it will be as if he killed all mankind., a clear warning from Al_Qur'an not to kill
now,see where those people got their inspiiration from
1 Samuel,15:3
Now, go and smite Amalek .and utterly destroy all that they have,and spare them not;but slay both man and woman,infant and suckling

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by mohammad11: 9:20am On Apr 29, 2016
Study Islam with the intention of understanding it, then you can judge a Muslim action if it's Islamically right or wrong from his/her personal/self actions

And not the Media brouhaha about Islam and Muslims

#DeenOverDunya

9 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 29, 2016
SnakeXenzia:

Quran5:32 says; because of that we ordained for the children of isreal that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder ,or(and) to spread mischief in the land_ it will be as if he killed all mankind., a clear warning from Al_Qur'an not to kill
now,see where those people got their inspiiration from
1 Samuel,15:3
Now, go and smite Amalek .and utterly destroy all that they have,and spare them not;but slay both man and woman,infant and suckling
Interesting! A Bible passage inspiring more Muslims & a Qr'anic passage inspiring more Christians. d irony smirks of hypocrisy.

5 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2016
babs01:
So?
Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by money121(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Allahu Akbar...

Proudly muslim..

6 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by emjaykayode(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
Allahu Akbar

6 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by bqlekan(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jazakumlah khairan

4 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by ybalogs(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Allahuma Aizal Islam wal Muslimin

5 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by ybalogs(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
Islam is a complete way of life. QURAN teaches all aspects of life. In fact there's absolutely nothing you seek answer for that's not in the Quran. That's what it means to be guided. Quite different from being delusional in the case of BH members. All we human race needs to do is make sure we go through the Quran with open heart and live our lives like we're being directed to and I swear by Allah, this world will be totally free from all form of malices. Won't happen anyways cos we're not promised that. May Allah count us amongst the guided. Salam alaekum

5 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by ybalogs(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
Salam alaekum WA Rahmatullah WA BARAKATUHU. Jumaat Mufeedah

4 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Hafizufizy: 1:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
Proud to be born a Muslim.

4 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Fishout(m): 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jasakumllahi kahran

4 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by rileyy(m): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
الحمد لله رب العالمين

4 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by hushshinani(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
Alhamdulilahi!
I'm a Muslim!!!
Hush!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Mutdam(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
Islam gotten his root name from peace clearly stated that killing a soul his as if one has kill the whole humanity. Yes to some point my fellow countrymen and those from far and beyond may argue that how come Islam always have link with one terrorist group or the other if its religion of peace. The best answer to give those asking such clarity is to tell them to study Islam form unbiased mind to x-ray teachings of Islam. Today people believe Muslim are the most cruel being on earth by sighting difference Mayhem perpetrated by Muslim but to be kindid to our self few black sheep among Muslim community can't project to represent Muslim in totality. Those among us claiming to be propagating jihad by killing their fellow being are noting but slowpoke who tend to seek pleasure of this world than the herefater. Islam is the only religion that clearly stated tge right of non Muslim in a Muslim community and that is why saudi Arabia, Dubai and other ancient Muslim nation are the best place to live. 2) Majority of attack orchestrated in most middle East Nations are not solely carried out by Muslim as it was being circulated in the media but it is carried out by western nations and I will just give example of recent Libya war orchestrated by America and till date Libya has not recovered from the anguish and economic downturn of that war. Yes, Gaddafi trespass the law of the land by trying to imposed his son on those he has ruled for over 20 years but looking at it from infrastructure and economic benefit, Gaddafi has done everything humanly possible to make sire hardship facing by his country men and woman are things of the past. Libya is not as rich as Nigeria in terms of natural resources but yet they have 20 working refinery when Nigeria can not boat of one working to it fullest capacity.
We are the best of mankind, I can tell you authoritatively that book haram, Fulani herdsmen and all that are political motivated crisis, being orchestrated by those seeking to govern us at all cost with backing of some western nations.They are Muslim and Christian but deeply rooted they are not in the sense that they live by what suit them not by what their religion books teach them.
Muslim and Christain should leave in one accord just as we have been leaving those years when terrorism, religion crisis and ethnicity has no root in our nation so that we can move Nigeria and Africa forward. A nation that will be truly independent to fight those playing with our national intelligence

4 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
BreketeMind:
Interesting! A Bible passage inspiring more Muslims & a Qr'anic passage inspiring more Christians. d irony smirks of hypocrisy.
And so?
You christians always claim the ALQUr'an instructed us,muslims to refer to the bible,isn't it?
Now,who's the hypocrite here?

Yawns

2 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by babs01(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
BreketeMind:
So?
go nd know Islam
Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
SnakeXenzia:

And so?
You christians always claim the ALQUr'an instructed us,muslims to refer to the bible,isn't it?
Now,who's the hypocrite here?
Yawns
D way u jump to conclusion just to win argument? Well, i'm not speaking for any religion whatsoever. My concern here is truth & not religion. So back to our discussion: u quoted a quranic page enjoining peace whereas muslims are more known for conflict than for peace. & u quoted a bible passage inspiring muslims to violence. The TRUTH is that d accepted scripture for muslims is d Holy Qur'an & not d Holy Bible. So, where so many muslims allow themselves to be inspired by unaccepted scripture instead of d accepted one, dis clear divergence between theory & practice, is surely a case of gross hypocrisy on d part of our muslims. if u don't think so, tell me how & why.

1 Like

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by NorttGate: 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
babs01:

You have a good brain and you use it here to good effect. JazakAllah khair

3 Likes

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by babs01(m): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
NorttGate:
You have a good brain and you use it here to good effect. JazakAllah khair
wayakun
Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by teeono64: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jazakhallahu Khairan

1 Like

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Onlyonebuhari: 6:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Is the only religion that teaches kindness to all and even animals
It teaches us never to defecate beside the road
It teaches us never to cut down trees meant for shade
It teaches us that whenever any animal eats from our farm we will get reward for that
In Islam your neighbor are those living 60 houses in front of our house, 60 from the left, 60 from the right, and 60 houses from behind
And never cheat any human in measure for Allah sees you
WE CAN NEVER COUNT THE BEAUTY OF ISLAM
AND DO NOT KILL BECAUSE WHOEVER KILL A SOUL IS AS IF KILLING THE WHOLE HUMANITY AND WHOEVER SAVE A SOUL IS AS IF SAVING THE WHOLE HUMANITY.

1 Like

Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by ypeace: 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
BreketeMind:
D way u jump to conclusion just to win argument? Well, i'm not speaking for any religion whatsoever. My concern here is truth & not religion. So back to our discussion: u quoted a quranic page enjoining peace whereas muslims are more known for conflict than for peace. & u quoted a bible passage inspiring muslims to violence. The TRUTH is that d accepted scripture for muslims is d Holy Qur'an & not d Holy Bible. So, where so many muslims allow themselves to be inspired by unaccepted scripture instead of d accepted one, dis clear divergence between theory & practice, is surely a case of gross hypocrisy on d part of our muslims. if u don't think so, tell me how & why.
One muslim will not account for the deed of another Muslim. Why other people who call themselves muslim kill is not a question for a muslim who consider it haram.
I do not intend to answer the question for the muslim you asked. I noticed that the basis of the question is similar to asking a law abiding citizen of Nigeria why another Nigerian steals. The person who comits the offense should ans why not the person who also sees it as bad.
Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by whemmytopsy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
ypeace:

One muslim will not account for the deed of another Muslim. Why other people who call themselves muslim kill is not a question for a muslim who consider it haram.
I do not intend to answer the question for the muslim you asked. I noticed that the basis of the question is similar to asking a law abiding citizen of Nigeria why another Nigerian steals. The person who comits the offense should ans why not the person who also sees it as bad.
may Allah s.w.t. increase you in knowledge and piety. amin. I really love ur reply.
Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
ypeace:

If only most muslims have ur point of view. i can't understand why most muslims are not only getting d qur'an wrong but are going d DIRECT OPPOSITE way. Why should a religion of peace have so much reputation 4 war? Don't u think there is something responsible 4 dis within Islam itself?
Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by ypeace: 7:53am On Apr 30, 2016
whemmytopsy:

may Allah s.w.t. increase you in knowledge and piety. amin. I really love ur reply.
amin. Jazakumullahu Khairan
Re: The Impact Of The Quran On Our Live — From Cradle To Grave by ypeace: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2016
BreketeMind:
If only most muslims have ur point of view. i can't understand why most muslims are not only getting d qur'an wrong but are going d DIRECT OPPOSITE way. Why should a religion of peace have so much reputation 4 war? Don't u think there is something responsible 4 dis within Islam itself?
Some use their knowledge of science to destroy. Some use it to make life better. Does is mean there is something responsible for that within science?
That we will have tyrants to rule us in Islam is a saying of the prophet. Also, it is stated in the hadith that in this time (last hour), ignorance will rule.
It is not a surprise to me as a muslim, because these are signs of last hour stated by the prophet. He already told us what to do during this hour in his Hadith.
But also, non muslims do mix things up. For example, when Russia invaded Ukraine, no body called it an act of terrorism but Pakistans are terrorist for defending their country. Bush destroyed a country trying to look for an invisible weapon of mass destruction. Non muslim sees the country as a terrorist country, bush as an hero.
I am not denying the fact that we have tyrants among us, but the definition of terrorism as defined by non muslim is bias (in my own view).
I hope your question was answered.

(1) (Reply)

Tabat . Ya Da . . / Sunnah Of Friday / Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.