Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? (2556 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? / Timetable For Sex For Married Couples, Good Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by 5minsmadness: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2016
I admit I am a bit old school when it comes to relationships/marriage etiquette but this early morning palaver got me bothered. Without much ado, is it normal now for married female folk to be cooking food for thier male friends at the workplace or anywhere? These men are not thier husbands oh! As in, can't these men find single chicks to cook for them or better yet go to a restaurant or even better yet learn how to cook for themselves?

Me I don't think I can accept my babe cooking for anyone apart from me. Even if she asks my permission sef. Even if the guy is on his deathbed, he should find a sister or cousin or hire a cook kwa, haba, cooking is a special act to me and any lady saying she wants to cook for this guy cos he doesn't have food in his house is cheating o, odikwa risky!

Well, just my thoughts sha. But I think it's very wrong.
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by crackhaus: 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
I guess you don't have married female friends who just like being nice...
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by EfemenaXY: 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
5minsmadness:
I admit I am a bit old school when it comes to relationships/marriage etiquette but this early morning palaver got me bothered. Without much ado, is it normal now for married female folk to be cooking food for thier male friends at the workplace or anywhere? These men are not thier husbands oh! As in, can't these men find single chicks to cook for them or better yet go to a restaurant or even better yet learn how to cook for themselves?

Me I don't think I can accept my babe cooking for anyone apart from me. Even if she asks my permission sef. Even if the guy is on his deathbed, he should find a sister or cousin or hire a cook kwa, haba, cooking is a special act to me and any lady saying she wants to cook for this guy cos he doesn't have food in his house is cheating o, odikwa risky!

Well, just my thoughts sha. But I think it's very wrong.

Is this question for newly married ladies, or those that have been married tey-tey?

Be specific jor.
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by PresVA: 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
If you're hungry, needy or whatever, I can give you food from my house...
Going to your house to cook for you is beyond me..

1 Like

Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by 5minsmadness: 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Is this question for newly married ladies, or those that have been married tey-tey?

Be specific jor.
Married women in general! What r u doing cooking for another man and it's not a formal occasion
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by 5minsmadness: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
crackhaus:
I guess you don't have married female friends who just like being nice...
No I don't.
And u make it sound like they r the mother figure. No!
Same age and sexy as hell! Then cooking for a single guy ...
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
She can cook for all the men in the world if she likes... As long as she does it for all her male friends and not one particular person and she doesn't go to their house to do it. AND she never complains when it's time to cook mine, even if it's by 12am.
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by EfemenaXY: 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
5minsmadness:

Married women in general! What r u doing cooking for another man and it's not a formal occasion

I still don't get you 5minsmadness. Are you indirectly trying to tell us that married women cook for you outside of formal occasions?

Anyway, the reason I ask if this question is meant for the newly married or those that have been married for several years is because, a newly wedded woman is likely to have more single male friends than her counterpart whose been married for donkey years.

So, the likelyhood of her cooking for them would be more. I struggle to imagine under what scenario, but maybe if the single guy is a family friend perhaps?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by byvan03: 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
No its not normal, I can only give you food from my house if you are on your death bed and on my husband 's permission only . I hate cooking enough not to want to do it outside my home.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
5minsmadness:

No I don't.
[email] Nah bro! It ain't NORMAL, it's 5MINSMADNESS!! [/email]
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by Acidosis(m): 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
That's unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by crackhaus: 11:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
5minsmadness:

No I don't.
Hehehehe...so you sef don dey eye the woman.
You have committed the sin of lookery.

But seriously though, let me get something clear:
Is it that she cooked the normal daily meals at home for her family, and then had some of it packaged for this guy... OR is it that she's cooking specifically for the dude?
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by 5minsmadness: 7:09am On Apr 30, 2016
crackhaus:

Hehehehe...so you sef don dey eye the woman.
You have committed the sin of lookery.

But seriously though, let me get something clear:
Is it that she cooked the normal daily meals at home for her family, and then had some of it packaged for this guy... OR is it that she's cooking specifically for the dude?
#heading to confession ...

She asks him what he would like to eat at work. He responds e.g. rice and stew. She goes ahead to go home and cook rice and stew for him and brings it to his house later in the evening....

So you're saying she is just being nice?
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by 5minsmadness: 7:15am On Apr 30, 2016
njokusboy:
She can cook for all the men in the world if she likes... As long as she does it for all her male friends and not one particular person and she doesn't go to their house to do it. AND she never complains when it's time to cook mine, even if it's by 12am.
what if she keeps doing it for one particular guy? Says he's her 'friend'?
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by 5minsmadness: 7:21am On Apr 30, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I still don't get you 5minsmadness. Are you indirectly trying to tell us that married women cook for you outside of formal occasions?

Anyway, the reason I ask if this question is meant for the newly married or those that have been married for several years is because, a newly wedded woman is likely to have more single male friends than her counterpart whose been married for donkey years.

So, the likelyhood of her cooking for them would be more. I struggle to imagine under what scenario, but maybe if the single guy is a family friend perhaps?

No he is not a family friend. I doubt the husband knows about him, maybe he does but on a very casual note. Like she asks him what to eat at work and he tells her and she goes to prepare it.

That your second paragraph doesn't sound right, but I'm constrained for time now.
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by EfemenaXY: 7:39am On Apr 30, 2016
5minsmadness:

No he is not a family friend. I doubt the husband knows about him, maybe he does but on a very casual note. Like she asks him what to eat at work and he tells her and she goes to prepare it.

That your second paragraph doesn't sound right, but I'm constrained for time now.

Think about it.

A married lady in her early 20's is more likely to have more single male friends (e.g from childhood, primary/ secondary school classmates, university course mates, work colleagues), unlike her married counterpart in her mid-late 40's from the same pool of friends; simply because the men are more likely to be married and settled in their 40's compared to their 20 something counterparts.

Re: your first paragraph, maybe you should calm down and give us the full gist. We er..."promise" not to judge you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by edwife(f): 7:59am On Apr 30, 2016
5minsmadness:

She asks him what he would like to eat at work. He responds e.g. rice and stew. She goes ahead to go home and cook rice and stew for him and brings it to his house later in the evening....

Imagine! But this type will be on NL claiming she can't cook for her husband even kids after a long day at work but she can cook for a "male friend" and still go all the way to his house to drop it.

Very wrong on so many levels. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
5minsmadness:

what if she keeps doing it for one particular guy? Says he's her 'friend'?

Then I no gree
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by Acidosis(m): 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
5minsmadness:

I think there's more to the cooking thing. May be the guy pays the woman on a monthly basis. Business is Business.

1 Like

Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Maybe a better to look at this is, if the women would be comfortable with a single lady cooking for your husband. am curious to see denial comments.
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
There can be different scenarios involved
Ive seem where a woman has cooked over the weekend and bought in a takeaway container of jollof rice for a male single colleague.
Ive seem where married caterers bring in something for a few of the guys on Monday if she has cooked for an event over the weekend
so like I said, it depends

But to leave your own matrimonial home and go to a male friends home to cook..... shocked shocked
That woman is just looking for an insult at the very least
Also do unto others......
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by zeb04(f): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
first I would have eaten my full before giving you a plate which rarely happens. but I don't think it is wrong to cook for anyone as long as you want to do it and not the other way round
Re: Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? by crackhaus: 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
5minsmadness:

Ohh, wow!

Well dude you heard read it from me first - those two are definitely fvcking.

Yea, I said typed it...and put it in bold too.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Thought About Changing My Surname From... / Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.