Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? (2544 Views)

Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? / Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
Why are so called Christian marriages always ending in parting ways?
The church always talk ń preach about divorce than Muslim does, yet most divorces comes from Christian homes......

Dating now last more than marriage itself....

Who is getting it wrong? Where did it go wrong?

Why are Christians marriage always the most affected?

Look at Christian nations in North America ń Europe, divorce rate is far too much...

Guys I need your contributions..

Cc: lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Kriss216: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
Christians are not hypocrites. It is more noble to divorce than live with a promiscuous woman.

8 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Saintmary(f): 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
DenreleDave:
The church always talk ń preach about divorce than Muslim does, yet most divorces comes from Christian homes......

Look at Christian nations in North America ń Europe, divorce rate is far too much...

Why are you turning marriage and divorce, both universal matters, into a religious thing, what do you have to say about irreligious people who end their marriages?

Try not to type when you're upset.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
Kriss216:
Christians are not hypocrites. It is more noble to divorce than live with a promiscuous woman.
Davash222 aka kriss216

Will you shut up guy?

U r too unreasonable.. You just bash women and its becoming like a sickness to you....

Do you even have a job instead of always looking for FTC on nairaland?

So appalling.... Better do sumtin with ur life and stop this women hate.... I hope u weren't responsible for ur mother's death..

Never seen Sumone so irritating like you on nairaland.... Bashing women for the sake of getting likes and shares, or u r forming to be an Alpha too? grin grin cheesy

If you are an alpha too, I rather be a simp than be an alpha with this ur stupid mentality..

Gtfo

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
Saintmary:
Why are you turning marriage and divorce, both universal matters, into a religious thing, what do you have to say about irreligious people who end their marriages?

Try not to type when you're upset.

Leave emotions aside.. I am telling u what it is...

Divorce rate in Christians home and nation is far too much... Any small thing na divorce....

Is it bcox Christianity doesn't put women under strict subjection like Islam??

2 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Kriss216: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
DenreleDave:

Will you shut up guy?

U r too unreasonable.. You just bash women and its becoming like a sickness to you....

Do you even have a job instead of always looking for FTC on nairaland?

So appalling.... Better do sumtin with ur life and stop this women hate.... I hope u weren't responsible for ur mother's death..

Never seen Sumone so irritating like you on nairaland.... Bashing women for the sake of getting likes and shares, or u r forming to be an Alpha too? grin grin cheesy

If you are an alpha too, I rather be a simp than be an alpha with this ur stupid mentality..

Gtfo
I forgive you

6 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2021
Kriss216:

I forgive you

Davash222... It's nt enough forgiving me..

Pls just change your mentality..... Stop demonizing women for sake of likes and shares on nairaland..

It doesn't just make sense..

I hope u stop sha.. If u can..... There is more to life than nairaland........

15 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Kriss216: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
DenreleDave:

Davash222... It's nt enough forgiving me..

Pls just change your mentality..... Stop demonizing women for sake of likes and shares on nairaland..

It doesn't just make sense..

I hope u stop sha.. If u can..... There is more to life than nairaland........
I still forgive you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by 1Sharon(f): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2021
Kriss216:

Why marry her in the 1st place? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Saintmary(f): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2021
DenreleDave:

Leave emotions aside.. I am telling u what it is...

Divorce rate in Christians home and nation is far too much... Any small thing na divorce....

Is it bcox Christianity doesn't put women under strict subjection like Islam??

Subjection of women can never be the solution, go and see threads made by people from predominantly Muslim countries, and see the deep resentment expressed by their women for the concept of polygamy and infidelity. You'll see that they hate it, but they are expressing it the wrong way.

This is the thread
https://www.polygamy.com/articles/75131698/why-does-a-man-look-for-a-second-wife

I'll suggest you move your thread to religion section so you can get more contributors.
Since you're so adamant on getting answers, I'll oblige you.

Christian marriages are crashing because they are engaged in by people who profess Christianity by mouth alone, not in deed.
The Bible said the man should love his wife just as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself for it.
How many men can give themselves for a woman who has done them no favour?
The trick is to love first, then the woman will submit to you, but these crop of men expect women to take the place of Christ in their lives and give themselves to them, that is the wrong way.
If you desire to be the head of your woman, just like Christ is the head of the Church and the church is submitted to Christ and adores Him, give yourself.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by 1Sharon(f): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
They claim to hear from the holy spirit and it's all fake.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by thatsleepboy1: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2021
The devil originally is really against marriage that's why our generation is turning woke and it's so bad cos the devil and his cohorts are really rejoicing. They attack christians more that's why it's not easy too be a Christian. If they can't attack the person, they'll attack their children to cause havoc for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by thorpido(m): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
Op,why do you think divorce is more common in Christian marriages than in other religions?It's even easier to get a divorce as a Muslim than a Christian.
Saintmary:

Subjection of women can never be the solution, go and see threads made by people from predominantly Muslim countries, and see the deep resentment expressed by their women for the concept of polygamy and infidelity. You'll see that they hate it, but they are expressing it the wrong way.

This is the thread
https://www.polygamy.com/articles/75131698/why-does-a-man-look-for-a-second-wife

I'll suggest you move your thread to religion section so you can get more contributors.

Christian marriages are crashing because they are engaged in by people who profess Christianity by mouth alone, not in deed.
The Bible said the man should love his wife just as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself for it.
The trick is to love first, then the woman will submit to you, but these crop of men expect women to take the place of Christ in their lives and give themselves to them, that is the wrong way.
If you desire to be the head of your woman, just like Christ is the head of the Church and the church is submitted to Christ and adores Him, give yourself.
True that.If the love starts from the husband,it flows through the home.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Saintmary(f): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
1Sharon:
They claim to hear from the holy spirit and it's all fake.

Lots of fake pretenders out there

1 Like

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Khonifer: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Is divorce necessarily a bad thing? If the arrangement is no longer serving both parties is it not supposed to be encouraged they move on and let go?

1 Like

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2021
thorpido:
Op,why do you think divorce is more common in Christian marriages than in other religions?It's even easier to get a divorce as a Muslim than a Christian.

Really? How come I hardly hear of Muslim marriage Dt lead to. Divorce

Welcome sir thorpido
Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
The devil originally is really against marriage that's why our generation is turning woke and it's so bad cos the devil and his cohorts are really rejoicing. They attack christians more that's why it's not easy too be a Christian. If they can't attack the person, they'll attack their children to cause havoc for them.

Christianity is a religion, Islam is a religion

Why is the devil attacking one and leaving the other religion out

1 Like

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2021
Khonifer:
Is divorce necessarily a bad thing? If the arrangement is no longer serving both parties is it not supposed to be encouraged they move on and let go?
why didn't dey know Dt B4 the got married?
Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by thorpido(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
DenreleDave:

Really? How come I hardly hear of Muslim marriage Dt lead to. Divorce

Welcome sir thorpido
It's because it comes with less drama or fanfare.Babangida's daughter is in her second abi third marriage.Gumsu(Abacha's daughter) is in her second marriage.
Even Buhari divorced his first wife and married Aisha.

5 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2021
thorpido:
It's because it comes with less drama or fanfare.Babangida's daughter is in her second abi third marriage.Gumsu(Abacha's daughter) is in her second marriage.
Even Buhari divorced his first wife and married Aisha.

It's an honor to learn from you sir thorpido

Where is sir GboyegaD? I guess he is always active in the food section

1 Like

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by 1Sharon(f): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2021
Khonifer:

If it was biblical times, they would be put to death.
Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
Má debbra I welcome you má...

Nairaland ancient of days.

Thank. God for keeping u alive till now
Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Khonifer: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
1Sharon:

If it was biblical times, they would be put to death.

Thank God we no longer live in biblical times

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Khonifer: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
DenreleDave:
why didn't dey know Dt B4 the got married?

Is this a real question? cheesy
Op please can human beings see the future? cheesy
Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by XaintJoel20: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2021
Lies...
You got a very wrong misconception. The reason to you more about "Christian divorce" is because of social media and most people using social media are Christians.
How many Muslims can read and write and how many use social media?

4 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
Kriss216:
What about Christian brothers that go after everything in skirt? It is more noble to divorce than live with a womaniser too

2 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
Saintmary:

This is the thread

You've said it all
Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by GboyegaD(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2021
People divorce for their own reason however, one thing I feel is responsible for divorce is the fact that many do not infers marriage because they were more about the wedding and getting married than understanding that marriage needs be worked on.

1 Like

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Kriss216: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
Xcelinteriors:

What about Christian brothers that go after everything in skirt? It is more noble to divorce than live with a womaniser too
Of course, you're right.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by greenie77: 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
Kriss216:

Is it also more noble to divorce than live with a promiscuous man?

5 Likes

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by bukatyne(f): 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2021
DenreleDave:

What is your definition of a Christian marriage?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
Many are not true Christians but church goers. so dont get it twisted.

A true born again who understands and sees marriage from Gods own perspective will never consider divorce no matter the challenges.

Marry a true born again Christian. Not a church goer. Na Dem full church today.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

True Life Story / My Wife Is 5 Weeks Pregnant. / She Finished The "Easter Chicken" Leaving The Legs And Head For The Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.