Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 (34739 Views)

The African Entrepreneurs Merit Awards: Personalities, Brands Honoured (Photos) / Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Bitterleafsoup: 7:53am On Apr 30, 2016
Where is the link to the Forbes article?
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2016
feldido:
Soon, you'll find my name there...
Feldido, CO founder, Gold.... Projects Nigeria Ltd.
The Premier Gold plating and luxury customizations company in Nigeria. smiley

But I Ain't Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa.
I am a Nigerian smiley smiley

Wishing you the best. Just work hard and keep at it even when things are at their lowest. Don't try to make fast money else you'll lose it fast. Moderation, passion, and hardwork is the key.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by seunny4lif(m): 7:58am On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin cheesy
shamecurls:

They will call it propaganda, witch-hunting and lies

They probably could say Forbes is an APC agency.

They think its by selling units of Egusi, Pumpkin, spare parts and electronics
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:00am On Apr 30, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Where is the link to the Forbes article?

Send an email to the editor and ask him why e no put your name nau grin
Mr. Bitterleaf, don't be bitter o.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2016/04/25/30-most-promising-young-entrepreneurs-in-africa-2016/#e4ad1f91ef1d

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by WILL888(m): 8:07am On Apr 30, 2016
FanYogo1:
May Oduduwa continue to bless the Yoruba nation and their ever strong and ambitious entrepreneur spirit.
Yorubaland is blessed! Full of talents. In politics, economy and education. Too bad we have less ambitious leaders.
When it comes to business, na we get am.
We're not talking petty trading or small shops, we're talking big businesses.

Shebi dem talk say Yoruba folks dey lazy.Oya haters come learn from Omo Oodua .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by amtaken(f): 8:10am On Apr 30, 2016
China and Malasia suicide mission is not exclusive to any section of the country.

There are achievers as well out riffraffs everywhere you go.

I would rather engage in petty trading and grow to the size of Ifeanyi Uba, Innoson, Coscharis, Arthur Eze, Iwuanyanwu etc than die of hunger waiting for big businesses.

Zechariah 4:10

"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.”

Fanyogoyogo:

They benefit 100%? How come China and Malaysia suicide is an option then?
Many more Yoruba businesses will make this list next year. We just keep growing. We're not comfortable with petty trading, we're business minded people. My Yoruba mind got me thinking of so many business ideas right now.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by WILL888(m): 8:11am On Apr 30, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin grin

AIN'T NO TRIBE LIKE ODUDUWA TRIBE.PROUDLY YORUBIAN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Ibime(m): 8:11am On Apr 30, 2016
1 in 5 Africans is Nigerian.

So 5 nominations out of 30 is underperforming.

Meanwhile why Tonto Dikeh husband no dey this list? If na all this local award him go push buttons to win young CEO of the year. But if na Forbes wey dey investigate your source of wealth well well, he no follow.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2016
FanYogo1:
May Oduduwa continue to bless the Yoruba nation and their ever strong and ambitious entrepreneur spirit.
Yorubaland is blessed! Full of talents. In politics, economy and education. Too bad we have less ambitious leaders.
When it comes to business, na we get am.
We're not talking petty trading or small shops, we're talking big businesses.
bros no disrespect but if I may ask, how old aree u? U created a wonderful thread only to soil it with bigotry and pple kip on asking wats wrong with Nigeria.....the truth is the unity of nigeria can't stand for long with people like you, be an agent of unity and not disunity....cheers

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by WILL888(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
kloser:
bigot alert

PROUDLY YORUBIAN!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by feldido(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

Wishing you the best. Just work hard and keep at it even when things are at their lowest. Don't try to make fast money else you'll lose it fast. Moderation, passion, and hardwork is the key.

Thanks Man,

Doing my best to give quality service.
Check out my 12piece Cutlery's set for a customer.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by ZUBY77(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

Igbos won 90% of businesses in Lagos? Lmaoo So how much to Yorubas + SSners + Northerners + MBers + Foreigners own together? Keep lying to yourself lmaoooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I said, look around your street in Lagos.. Not Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by NewNigeriaMind: 8:20am On Apr 30, 2016
ZUBY77:

I live in Akoka and i just took a look around.

Omo na Yoruba business full here. Apart from the few electronic shops, every other business from Hyper markets to small companies are all owned by Yorubas.

What else should i look for?

7 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:32am On Apr 30, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

Omo na Yoruba business full here. Apart from the few electronic shops, every other business from Hyper markets to small companies are all owned by Yorubas.

Akoka Is a residential area, I live here, and aside banks and maybe eatries, Houses dominate the buildings.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:32am On Apr 30, 2016
ZUBY77:

Which street, be very specific because you sounding confused. So you don't know my street and you're claiming ownership of 90% of the businesses here? So with other tribes combined and foreigners inclusive, we only own 10% businesses? lmao. Why you no say 99%?

6 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:34am On Apr 30, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

Na so. Let them keep talking. Even in Ghana, Yorubas own 6 of the 7 big NIgerian businesses there grin

5 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by olisaEze(m): 8:35am On Apr 30, 2016
That's nice. Word 2d young, it dnt matter if ure not on "Forbes most promising list" now, people like Innoson and coscharis were relatively unknown at 35. The story is different now. So work hard n don't rely on people's opinion of u 2be who God has made u 2be. wink
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by samsam2019: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2016
Where are the big mouth hardworking Jews?

We tell them a common trader is different from a businessman/woman Buh dem no go let us hear word

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:36am On Apr 30, 2016
Ibime:
1 in 5 Africans is Nigerian.

So 5 nominations out of 30 is underperforming.

Meanwhile why Tonto Dikeh husband no dey this list? If na all this local award him go push buttons to win young CEO of the year. But if na Forbes wey dey investigate your source of wealth well well, he no follow.

I wonder about that one. I notice that many other Yoruba businesses didn't make it. I can post a whole page here. Next year is coming sha. I guess these are the top performers in Africa.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:39am On Apr 30, 2016
I have to give credits to Kenyans, Yoruba rivals, when it comes to technological growth. I expected them to make us run for our money. I'm glad that some Yoruba technology firms are working with Kenyan Tech firms to dominate Africa. We need to kick S.A's fake black ass off the court.

Technology is the future.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Super1Star: 8:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:
I have to give credits to Kenyans, Yoruba rivals, when it comes to technological growth. I expected them to make us run for our money. I'm glad that some Yoruba technology firms are working with Kenyan Tech firms to dominate Africa. We need to kick S.A's fake black ass off the court.

Technology is the future.

The best part of it for me is we have a heavy presence in the IT world. That means the backbone of this country is in our hands, which we can always twitch to our advantage when required.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:44am On Apr 30, 2016
feldido:

Thanks Man,

Doing my best to give quality service.
Check out my 12piece Cutlery's set for a customer.

Is this real gold? Sorry for the late reply, had too many mentions.
Is your intended usage for regular everyday usage or for special occasions?
Dude I'm impressed, I have to say. In a country that imports toothpick, you're making spoons. Sharp.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Super1Star:

The best part of it for me is we have a heavy presence in the IT world. That means the backbone of this country is in our hands, which we can always twitch to our advantage when required.

Yes o. I'm especially impressed by this:

AT OAU, ALL THEY DO IS BUILD ROBOTS
http://venturesafrica.com/at-this-nigerian-school-all-they-do-is-build-robots/

We need more SW governors to invest in this. We ourselves need to invest in it.

Superstar1, I'm extra proud to be Yoruba today. Et tu? grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by feldido(m): 8:47am On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

Is this real gold? Sorry for the late reply, had too many mentions.
Is your intended usage for regular everyday usage or for special occasions?
Dude I'm impressed, I have to say. In a country that imports toothpick, you're making spoons. Sharp.

These are Gold Plated with 24karat premium Gold.
We also do Silver and Platinum plating.

All comes with a Lifetime warranty wink
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:50am On Apr 30, 2016
feldido:

These are Gold Plated with 24karat premium Gold.
We also do Silver and Platinum plating.

So they're for special occasions. My suggestion is that you guys should widen your target customers to the regular public by making plastic/regular spoons. Look for business investors/customers in Education institutions, events, and at owambe parties. If you're Yoruba, it'd be easier to find customers in Oyo and Ogun. You want to sell in Oyo and Ogun..... the population is HUGE! Rich people plenty for Ogun.
Where are you located and/or where do you sell?
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by ZUBY77(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

Which street, be very specific because you sounding confused. So you don't know my street and you're claiming ownership of 90% of the businesses here? So with other tribes combined and foreigners inclusive, we only own 10% businesses? lmao. Why you no say 99%?

Well I know you don't live in VGC. So let's focus on Ikeja, Surulere etc

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Super1Star: 8:54am On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

Yes o. I'm especially impressed by this:

AT OAU, ALL THEY DO IS BUILD ROBOTS
http://venturesafrica.com/at-this-nigerian-school-all-they-do-is-build-robots/

We need more SW governors to invest in this. We ourselves need to invest in it.

Superstar1, I'm extra proud to be Yoruba today. Et tu? grin

I have always been repping my yoruba-ness ever since those orango tangs from the land of red muds brought out the ethnic beast in me.
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2016
ZUBY77:

Well I know you don't live in VGC. So let's focus on Ikeja, Surulere etc

Even in Surulere, una no 20% of the businesses. wink
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by feldido(m): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

So they're for special occasions. My suggestion is that you guys should widen your target customers to the regular public by making plastic/regular spoons. Look for business investors/customers in Education institutions, events, and at owambe parties. If you're Yoruba, it'd be easier to find customers in Oyo and Ogun. You want to sell in Oyo and Ogun..... the population is HUGE! Rich people plenty for Ogun.
Where are you located and/or where do you sell?

We don't produce the spoons or any product, but we run the plating service. That is, we can plate Gold on surfaces of anything you find valuable, ranging from IPhones, ipads, Car Emblems, Toilet Taps, Rails, Cutlery's, Jewelries, Gadgets and lots more.

Check my DP for Samples.

Presently we are based in Portharcourt.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2016
Super1Star:
I have always been repping my yoruba-ness ever since those orango tangs from the land of red muds brought out the ethnic beast in me.

But broda mi, o ti pe ti a ti ri yin last ni ibeyen wink

where's my oga scholes0?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Fanyogoyogo: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2016
feldido:

We don't produce the spoons or any product, but we run the plating service. That is, we can plate Gold on surfaces of anything you find valuable, ranging from IPhones, ipads, Car Emblems, Toilet Taps, Rails, Cutlery's, Jewelries, Gadgets and lots more.

Check my DP for Samples.

Oh now I get it. Good luck mehn. I like your product presentation. I'll keep you and this thread in mind for later wink
I hope to see your name on that list next year, bro.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Lovelynature(m): 9:22am On Apr 30, 2016
FanYogo1:

My brother, shey dem pay una for FTC? Oya no vex grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! / One Reason You're Still Broke As Young Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.