Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate (15775 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh / Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie At The Foreign Affairs Symposium At Johns Hopkins (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by EgusiSoup: 6:08pm On May 01, 2016
dare2differ:
You well sosad

undecided

**looks for plank to reset a head**
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:10pm On May 01, 2016
Name Checkers food is ready tongue

#ProudlyNigerian
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 01, 2016
EgusiSoup:
Yoruba people making us proud around all over the whole while world.

Congratulations to a distinguish daughter of the Yoruba race smiley

Like duuude...Ngozi Chimamanda Adichie is Igbo..Yorubas just like colonizing all success stories..
Good one ADICHIE
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Igbospower(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2016
EgusiSoup:

Are u OK at all undecided who dash una
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 01, 2016
EgusiSoup:

Like duuude...Ngozi Chimamanda Adichie is Igbo..Yorubas just like colonizing all success stories..
Good one ADICHIE..Congratulations
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by EgusiSoup: 6:16pm On May 01, 2016
eclipse13:

Good one ADICHIE..Congratulations

Her mum is igbo and her father is Yoruba. I knows her roots to the bottom. Do your research very well before arguing with people that knows their onions undecided
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by musicwriter(m): 6:18pm On May 01, 2016
"When we see a black man who is constantly being praised by the Americans, begin to suspect him. When we see a black man get honors and all sorts of decorations and the United States flatters him with fine words and phrases, immediately suspect that person. Because our experience has taught us that the Americans do not exalt any black man that is really working for the benefit of the black man." ............... Malcolm X

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Igbospower(m): 6:18pm On May 01, 2016
eaglechild:
Well deserved.
Gifted and beautiful Anambra girl.
hey.... she's from enugu state and ultimately an Igbo Lady

modified:::-
sorry bro I take bk my comment... most importantly igbo
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Sunnycliff(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2016
#proudly5%
Adaoma ndi Igbo ji eme onu!

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Igbospower(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2016
EgusiSoup:

Her mum is igbo and her father is Yoruba. I knows her roots to the bottom. Do your research very well before arguing with people that knows their onions undecided
OGA Dats a big lie... roots ke

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by VanUrch(m): 6:21pm On May 01, 2016
Someone should ban him
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by VanUrch(m): 6:24pm On May 01, 2016
eclipse13:

Good one ADICHIE
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Igbospower(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2016
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was born on 15 September 1977 in Enugu, Nigeria, the fifth of six children to Igbo parents, Grace Ifeoma and James Nwoye Adichie. While the family's ancestral hometown is Abba in Anambra State, Chimamanda grew up in Nsukka, in the house formerly occupied by Nigerian writer Chinua Achebe. Chimamanda's father, who is now retired, worked at the University of Nigeria, located in Nsukka. He was Nigeria's first professor of statistics, and later became Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the University. Her mother was the first female registrar at the same institution.
www.l3.ulg.ac.be/adichie/cnabio.html

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by VanUrch(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2016
Igbospower:

Oga she was born in enugu state...I think nsukka to be precise...she is from Anambra state...Abba I think...she even mentioned both nsukka and abba in her "half of a yellow sun" book

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Cosbyrich: 6:26pm On May 01, 2016
Keneking:
Igbos and Nigerians are doing well
Are Igbos not Nigerians again? .....rofl and lol and lacwj etc

2 Likes

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2016
MrPresident1:
John Hopkins University, please come and give me honorary doctorate too, I have done enough work on the Bible to earn a Phd, please come and check my work/threads embarassed on Nairaland for confirmation. cool

Your reward is in heaven !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by MrPresident1: 6:32pm On May 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your reward is in heaven !

You are so right bro, sooo right cheesy

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by telemapreye1(f): 6:32pm On May 01, 2016
Yea my favourite author

Ifemelunnama
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by DExplorer1: 6:32pm On May 01, 2016
Well, this is what i know as the definition of a celebrity.

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by lollmaolol(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2016
MrPresident1:
John Hopkins University, please come and give me honorary doctorate too, I have done enough work on the Bible to earn a Phd, please come and check my work/threads embarassed on Nairaland for confirmation. cool

Are u serious? Send them a mail instead. Hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by magaux: 6:39pm On May 01, 2016
EgusiSoup:

Keep dreaming, who told you she's a Yoruba, interprete her names if she's really a Yoruba. Igbo tribe, I hail thee!

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nature129(m): 6:49pm On May 01, 2016
I love Americanah - hope she will drop a sequel soon.

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Dainikel(m): 6:56pm On May 01, 2016
Congrats Adichie! I've got to lay my hands on that Americanah...
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Orikinla(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2016
Congrats Chima!
We thank Almighty God for manifesting His goodness, loving kindness and mercies in our lives.
Cheers!
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by ngoziama: 6:58pm On May 01, 2016
xharder:
CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE TO BE AWARDED AN HONORARY DOCTORATE BY JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY

Photograph — John Rhoda

The author of widely acclaimed novel, Half of a Yellow Sun, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, has recently been named as one the distinguished achievers to be awarded honorary degrees, this year, by the Johns Hopkins University in Maryland, United States. The honorary degrees will be conferred at the university’s commencement ceremony on the 18th of May, 2016.
Adichie will be awarded alongside seven other recognized individuals, visionaries who have made a mark in various fields. They include groundbreaking filmmaker Spike Lee, the founding director of the Bill and Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health, Laurie Zabin, Nobel Prize winner, Richard Axel, amongst others.
Ronald J. Daniels, President of the Johns Hopkins University, describes the group as people who have challenged the status quo and changed the world for the better. They have made a lasting impact on the arts, public health, the law, neuroscience and the resilience of communities here in Baltimore and across the globe.”
This is a very well deserved honour for Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. As one of the world’s leading feminist and an insightful cultural critic, she has become quite influential on the global stage over the years, continually gaining recognition. The author who earned a Master’s degree from Johns Hopkins’ Writing Seminars in 2003, is no stranger to awards and has amassed quite a number already. Her novel, Americanah, won the National Book Critics Circle Award for fiction in 2013. In 2008, she won a MacArthur Foundation genius grant.
A year ago, Adichie was listed among Time’s 100 most influential people. Last November, she received the award for the ‘Best of The Best’ female fiction writer for the last decade by the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction and also made the list of 100 most influential Africans by the New African Magazine. And in January 2016, she made Ventures Africa’s list of 15 African Creatives To Watch Out For this year

http://venturesafrica.com/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-will-be-awarded-an-honorary-doctorate-by-johns-hopkins-university/

Chimamanda keep doing the igbos proud.God bless you girl.

Can anything good come out of South east ? Ok now just look at the asa nwa doing us proud while the haters keep stumbling over blocks and collapsing.i pray they never survive it.mtchewww

Ngozi more grease to your elbows. You rock all the time !!!!!!
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 01, 2016
EgusiSoup:

My dear, u're the one who needs a research done..both parents are Igbos..there's no need arguing with u..it'll be fruitless
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Ogbuefi2020: 7:08pm On May 01, 2016
Igbospower:

modified:::-
sorry bro I take bk my comment... most importantly igbo
She is from anambra but grew up at Nsukka where her dad was a lecturer
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by chidozieikeji2: 7:15pm On May 01, 2016
EgusiSoup:

wich kind yoruba na real igbo girl from my neigbouring town in anambra don't claim heroo the way u pple claimed our former civilian and military presido wey be full igbo
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by chidozieikeji2: 7:15pm On May 01, 2016
EgusiSoup:

wich kind yoruba na real igbo girl from my neigbouring town in anambra don't claim her the way u pple claimed our former civilian and military presido wey be full igbo
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by chesterlee(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2016
Nwada Igbo!!!!

Anyi kwugi n'azu....Shine On!!!
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by chesterlee(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2016
sarzy:
Seems she is getting this award mainly due to her role in feminism, and not the writing stuff. None of her books has yet to win the Booker Prize.

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Emmahunk(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2016
calliope:
ADICHIE has done so well for herself........ Kudos to her,
One question I wud have love to ask her tho, why did she end kainene character..... Why not Olanna undecided

What difference would it really have made? The whole stuff was about Olanna after all.
Or what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Game Of Love And Obsession / Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) / Top 5 Nairaland Crime Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.