Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate (15790 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh / Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie At The Foreign Affairs Symposium At Johns Hopkins (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 30, 2016
CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE TO BE AWARDED AN HONORARY DOCTORATE BY JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY

Photograph — John Rhoda

The author of widely acclaimed novel, Half of a Yellow Sun, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, has recently been named as one the distinguished achievers to be awarded honorary degrees, this year, by the Johns Hopkins University in Maryland, United States. The honorary degrees will be conferred at the university’s commencement ceremony on the 18th of May, 2016.
Adichie will be awarded alongside seven other recognized individuals, visionaries who have made a mark in various fields. They include groundbreaking filmmaker Spike Lee, the founding director of the Bill and Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health, Laurie Zabin, Nobel Prize winner, Richard Axel, amongst others.
Ronald J. Daniels, President of the Johns Hopkins University, describes the group as people who have challenged the status quo and changed the world for the better. They have made a lasting impact on the arts, public health, the law, neuroscience and the resilience of communities here in Baltimore and across the globe.”
This is a very well deserved honour for Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. As one of the world’s leading feminist and an insightful cultural critic, she has become quite influential on the global stage over the years, continually gaining recognition. The author who earned a Master’s degree from Johns Hopkins’ Writing Seminars in 2003, is no stranger to awards and has amassed quite a number already. Her novel, Americanah, won the National Book Critics Circle Award for fiction in 2013. In 2008, she won a MacArthur Foundation genius grant.
A year ago, Adichie was listed among Time’s 100 most influential people. Last November, she received the award for the ‘Best of The Best’ female fiction writer for the last decade by the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction and also made the list of 100 most influential Africans by the New African Magazine. And in January 2016, she made Ventures Africa’s list of 15 African Creatives To Watch Out For this year

http://venturesafrica.com/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-will-be-awarded-an-honorary-doctorate-by-johns-hopkins-university/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Khd95(m): 8:09am On Apr 30, 2016
Ahdont mind which part of naija u from,so far u make us proud

we are proud of you CHIAMAMANDA TOLU ASIYA ADICHIEgringrin cool

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by klassykute(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
dey all mkin us proud..... i need to work hard to win awards too... tired of winning best fu*ker

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by aventura: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2016
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Chimamanda!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Akposb(m): 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
An award for a model to others. Way to go.
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:52pm On May 01, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by slimpoppa(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2016
well deserved

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by yomalex(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2016
Chai Nwa baby

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by calliope(f): 5:57pm On May 01, 2016
ADICHIE has done so well for herself........ Kudos to her,
One question I wud have love to ask her tho, why did she end kainene character..... Why not Olanna undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by honorbule(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2016
That's good
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Realone92(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2016
She's amazing the first time I heard her speak : "when we reject a single story when we realize there is never a story about any place we regain a kind of paradise ". She's so eloquent !!!

If only I can commute my brain with hers lmao

7 Likes

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 01, 2016
Igbos and Nigerians are doing well

3 Likes

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by eaglechild: 5:58pm On May 01, 2016
Well deserved.
Gifted and beautiful Anambra girl.

5 Likes

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by OBTMOS(m): 5:58pm On May 01, 2016
I love dis lady, send me dis kind woman na Baba God
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by EgusiSoup: 5:58pm On May 01, 2016
Yoruba people making us proud around all over the whole while world.

Congratulations to a distinguish daughter of the Yoruba race smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by chinawapzy(m): 5:59pm On May 01, 2016
ok
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Houseofglam7(f): 5:59pm On May 01, 2016
Impressive
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 01, 2016
That's one qty institution grin
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by greatness22(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2016
Jesus, this lady is extremely beautiful, just like my Omotayor123.

Tayor, you are indeed beautiful. Love your dp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by sanandreas(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2016
congratulations
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 01, 2016
Keneking:
Igbos and Nigerians are doing well

Nigerians? yes...Igbos? maybe, but yoruba are doing better

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by MrPresident1: 6:00pm On May 01, 2016
John Hopkins University, please come and give me honorary doctorate too, I have done enough work on the Bible to earn a Phd, please come and check my work/threads embarassed on Nairaland for confirmation. cool
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by obedjohn: 6:01pm On May 01, 2016
Very nice
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by youngwarlocks: 6:01pm On May 01, 2016
ok
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 01, 2016
2undexy:

Nigerians? yes...Igbos? maybe but yoruba are doing better

All I see with this comment is thunder looming

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by ACHIEVERBA: 6:03pm On May 01, 2016
WELL DESERVED!!!!
CONGRATS TO HER, I REALLY WONDER WHEN SOME OF OUR NIGERIAN LADIES WOULD LOVE TO HER SOMEONE LIKE HER AS A ROLE MODEL, BUT NO!

1 Like

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by dare2differ: 6:05pm On May 01, 2016
You well sosad
EgusiSoup:
Yoruba people making us proud around all over the whole while world.

Congratulations to a distinguish daughter of the Yoruba race smiley

18 Likes

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by jtwest(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2016
Lemme drink my garri with this akara of low quality finish b4 I come back to comment. Book space.
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by sample042(m): 6:07pm On May 01, 2016
Nice 1 Chi
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 01, 2016
Seems she is getting this award mainly due to her role in feminism, and not the writing stuff. None of her books has yet to win the Booker Prize.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Nairaland Crime Stories / A Game Of Love And Obsession / Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.