Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge - Art, Graphics & Video (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge (114633 Views)

A Nairalander Needs Your Vote In The On Going Etisalat Photo Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by docbindl(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Wait till you need to compose and have a great picture in total tongue
Who says it's going to be easy... It's going to be tough but FUN. I NEED GET ME A SUBJECT(MODEL)
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
demiladegold, docbindl, An0nimus, TheLoneCitizen, Chukxie, Braithwaite, Ligxy, Timbros, Iluv, Kinesis, Ihanreh, boomboost, kizmilz, Berlyn, eddiebruk, feldido, mashnino, addicted268, captain247 et all. This is the new challenge for this week.. Let's get started
ok cheesy
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 9:03pm On May 28, 2016
Victoriousvic:
Thanks to everyone who participated in this week's challenge.

Unto the next challenge... smiley

PROMPT #5: HANDS

Usually the face is the strongest element in the frame; with the hands being second. Make the hands the most important element in your image this week.
Chai.

Time to beg my sister to model for me again grin
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by mashnino(m): 9:31pm On May 28, 2016
creativeness will have to be shown here..
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by mashnino(m): 9:43pm On May 28, 2016
Camera: Xperia Z1

I have had this in my stash for a long time..

I hope it fulfills this week's topic

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by docbindl(m): 9:49pm On May 28, 2016
mashnino:
Camera: Xperia Z1

I have had this in my stash for a long time..

I hope it fulfills this week's topic

Good way to start this week challenge, especially the second picture
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by mashnino(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2016
docbindl:

Good way to start this week challenge, especially the second picture

can i upload more than once..

planning on taking a trip to get some good pics
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by docbindl(m): 9:57pm On May 28, 2016
mashnino:

can i upload more than once..

planning on taking a trip to get some good pics

Have fun man... Upload away. But beware of law of diminishing return. You want your work to stand out... So upload as much as possible but your best work. grin
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by mashnino(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2016
docbindl:

Have fun man... Upload away. But beware of law of diminishing return. You want your work to stand out... So upload as much as possible but your best work. grin

grin grin grin grin

u no see wetin i do my above post...
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:49pm On May 28, 2016
Victoriousvic:

Sure, what's up?
I don't like you basing your challenge on solely angles and points of view, why not diversify to something more intriguing, fascinating and brilliant. Like the choice of location, objects and environment.
For instance, a challenge for mammals, or water body or for better still imitate a celebrities' pose. Random photographs constitute cheating but specific goals springs goal hunting, like looking for the best move your dog takes to snap, or the perfect time when that rainbow cruises that river.
Like I said, it's your challenge, just food for thought.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:56pm On May 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
This is the new challenge for this week.. Let's get started
This requires a trained eye and perfect timing, Senhor. You've turned this into Pro Photography where mere enthusiasts can't tread.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by timbros(m): 11:25pm On May 28, 2016
Leggo!
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 11:42pm On May 28, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

I don't like you basing your challenge on solely angles and points of view, why not diversify to something more intriguing, fascinating and brilliant. Like the choice of location, objects and environment.
For instance, a challenge for mammals, or water body or for better still imitate a celebrities' pose. Random photographs constitute cheating but specific goals springs goal hunting, like looking for the best move your dog takes to snap, or the perfect time when that rainbow cruises that river.
Like I said, it's your challenge, just food for thought.
I think it's important to start with everyday things before advancing. Get people comfortable with sight, then we'll walk into perception.
There's no limit to this. There is time smiley
You need to remember it's not a competition, nor are the majority of people here professional photographers. We also don't want to make it impossible for beginners to partake. Slow and steady, we'll get there.

Oh and btw, it's not his challenge; it's our challenge smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 11:48pm On May 28, 2016
demiladegold:

I just saw ur profile and posts and I love you already(I'm not gay) u seem pretty intelligent plus you're a writer. hi
Hi Demi
Lol thanks for the loving grin
That's you on your profile, right? You're really pretty.
It's nice to meet you and I hope you intend to stay smiley
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by demiladegold(f): 11:56pm On May 28, 2016
UjSizzle:

Hi Demi
Lol thanks for the loving grin
That's you on your profile, right? You're really pretty.
It's nice to meet you and I hope you intend to stay smiley

yh its me, myself and I..thanks .. nice to meet you too

and yes I'm here to stay
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:59pm On May 28, 2016
UjSizzle:

I think it's important to start with everyday things before advancing. Get people comfortable with sight, then we'll walk into perception.
There's no limit to this. There is time smiley
You need to remember it's not a competition, nor are the majority of people here professional photographers. We also don't want to make it impossible for beginners to partake. Slow and steady, we'll get there.

Oh and btw, it's not his challenge; it's our challenge smiley
Exactly my insinuation but the other way round. This is outrightly based on perception not on goals and mindset, you're using a flashback method to present this drama, a declining sequence, which favours veterans not amateurs nor interested ones. You ought to begin from ground zero. The rules and demand is way than what I, speaking for myself, can flawlessly abide by or supply. When you say take a picture of a vehicle, is different from photograph a car at any angle of elevation making it possible for the driver to be seen. These are two different expressions, the latter requiring remarkable dexterity and accurate equipment where my device falls short of.
If it is everyone's thread, My Lady, then why let an individual toss the coin, when the crowd can roll the dice?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 12:51am On May 29, 2016
For this challenge, I had to ask my daughter for some help. Notice her cute little hands? I hope you guys like this photo.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by fashrola(m): 1:11am On May 29, 2016
Theme: Hand
Working on a Fuel Oil Purifier
Phone: BlackBerry Passport
Effects: Yes with Snapseed

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 6:31am On May 29, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

Exactly my insinuation but the other way round. This is outrightly based on perception not on goals and mindset, you're using a flashback method to present this drama, a declining sequence, which favours veterans not amateurs nor interested ones. You ought to begin from ground zero. The rules and demand is way than what I, speaking for myself, can flawlessly abide by or supply. When you say take a picture of a vehicle, is different from photograph a car at any angle of elevation making it possible for the driver to be seen. These are two different expressions, the latter requiring remarkable dexterity and accurate equipment where my device falls short of.
If it is everyone's thread, My Lady, then why let an individual toss the coin, when the crowd can roll the dice?
You're complicating a very simple matter.
So when someone says to interpret and photograph 'mystery', what then would you call it?

As for the equipment, calm down. A good number of us here use our mobile phones to take photos. You'll survive grin
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 7:50am On May 29, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

As for equipments, that's not an issue. Like 90% of my shots are from my phone same with almost everyone on the thread.. Don't complicate.. One person came up with the idea and we all agreed he'll come up with the challenges and everyone will partake.. And here's humor:: Nigeria has had too much democracy and it's not been that good cheesy A little one man decision for every week challenges would be OK for the thread. Just come up with something nice, he'll include the ideas you came up with too don't worry.. Giving precise challenges like facial portraits, specific locations like rivers would limit creativity.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by docbindl(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
As for equipments, that's not an issue. Like 90% of my shots are from my phone same with almost everyone on the thread.. Don't complicate.. One person came up with the idea and we all agreed he'll come up with the challenges and everyone will partake.. And here's humor:: Nigeria has had too much democracy and it's not been that good cheesy A little one man decision for every week challenges would be OK for the thread. Just come up with something nice, he'll include the ideas you came up with too don't worry.. Giving precise challenges like facial portraits, specific locations like rivers would limit creativity.

You just took the words out of my mouth.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2016
UjSizzle:

You're complicating a very simple matter.
So when someone says to interpret and photograph 'mystery', what then would you call it?

As for the equipment, calm down. A good number of us here use our mobile phones to take photos. You'll survive grin
When I went through my epistle, It was as though I was fighting for the rights of native South Africans against the whites. Did I take it too far?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:40am On May 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
If I'm not for you then I'm with Team B. No qualms, Liscio. But this is gonna be a strange week.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 10:10am On May 29, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

When I went through my epistle, It was as though I was fighting for the rights of native South Africans against the whites. Did I take it too far?
Yes you took it too far. We're trying to have fun, not usurp a government. If you have suggestions of what a week's challenge should be, take it up with Victoriousvic and he'll consider it.
I was going to ask to suggest this week's challenge until I changed my mind. I'm still eager to see how we interpret this challenge cheesy
I'm eager to see how I interpret it sef cos I'm just blank now.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 10:15am On May 29, 2016
fashrola:
Theme: Hand

Working on a Fuel Oil Purifier

Phone: BlackBerry Passport

Effects: Yes with Snapseed
Beautiful attempt (I like your hands btw grin)

I think you should try another shot though. The challenge is to draw the eyes to the hands; this picture makes me want to stare at that machine so bad smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:59am On May 29, 2016
UjSizzle:

Yes you took it too far. We're trying to have fun, not usurp a government. If you have suggestions of what a week's challenge should be, take it up with Victoriousvic and he'll consider it.
I was going to ask to suggest this week's challenge until I changed my mind. I'm still eager to see how we interpret this challenge cheesy
This ain't for me, I use a mid range device and my best work ever is my profile picture, Juene Femme.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 11:32am On May 29, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

This ain't for me, I use a mid range device and my best work ever is my profile picture, Juene Femme.
Again, it is not a competition. No one is interested in the clarity of your shots, we want to see your composition and creativity. You can learn even without the best camera the mobile universe has to offer.

I understand if you want to go, but I'd like you to stay smiley
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 11:37am On May 29, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

I still don't understand why it isn't for you?? Ujsizzle is there anything I'm missing?
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 11:39am On May 29, 2016
Feraz:
grin grin grin

Una doh!!! BTW, where's naturefellow?
I don't know o. I've wondered too undecided
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 11:43am On May 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I still don't understand why it isn't for you?? Ujsizzle is there anything I'm missing?
I'm just as lost.
It's either he's interpreting challenge to mean competition and he's worried he'll lose, or the photos he's seen so far are dampening his confidence, or he thinks we're veterans on this thread (iLaugh o grin), or something else is happening that I'm not aware of.

I don't know why he's making a mountain out of a molehill.
It's a challenge to spark creativity and help people who are interested in photography. It should be fun! It's been fun so far, I can't believe anyone will be this uncomfortable.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 11:52am On May 29, 2016
UjSizzle:

I'm just as lost.
It's either he's interpreting challenge to mean competition and he's worried he'll lose, or the photos he's seen so far are dampening his confidence, or he thinks we're veterans on this thread (iLaugh o grin), or something else is happening that I'm not aware of.

I don't know why he's making a mountain out of a molehill.
It's a challenge to spark creativity and help people who are interested in photography. It should be fun! It's been fun so far, I can't believe anyone will be this uncomfortable.
That's what I was thinking. but why would someone be feeling he can't compete?? If he wants to quit without even attempting that'll be so saddening..
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by docbindl(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2016
UjSizzle:

My mind can't just make up something. The week is still far Sha, hope dey

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Reply)

Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers / Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.