Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,212 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:55 AM

Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. (3757 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Staff Dressed In Cultural Attires Ahead Of Independence Day(Photos) / Senate Blasts MTN For Moving $14bn Out Of Nigeria, Wants Stanbic IBTC Punished / My Pains And Regret Banking With Stanbic Ibtc... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by yomiselmer: 8:37am On Apr 30, 2016
Well, I personally do not have any good experiences with stanbic IBTC. but I will share the little experience have.

1) They Disappointed me on my Graduation day:

My graduation was on march 2nd, and I had emptied all my accounts to buy items internationally for my online store. For some reason I do not understand, I decided to deposit all the cash I had on me (about N120,000) in my Stanbic Ibtc account needed for my suit and little things. on february 26th i noticed I could not withdraw any of the money, I called the customer service, and they said My address just needs to be verified and it will be done that day (26th february). To end the story, I had to borrow money on the night of my graduation (march 1st) to buy whatever i could get that night. (I hardly ever wear suits, so i didn't have any good ones at home)

2) I traveled to Abuja to introduce schools to micro electronics:
After securing deals with some schools, I was paid a percentage in advance. and i used the money to purchase about 5 phones I was going to be needing for the project from china. I paid with my stanbic card (because They were supposed to have an exchange rate of N280 to $1). The transaction declined, and after refreshing the page to try again I got an insufficient funds error. the merchant insist there was no payment, but stanbic claims as far as they are concerned, the merchant can come anytime , and they have to keep the funds on hold for about 30days.
lol... I was even actually charged N295 for $1 by stanbic. that is just N5 cheaper than GTB on a dollar.

I strongly recommend GTB for online transactions. don't be fooled by STANBIC. (I SPENT OVER N9,000 airtime in the space of 3days calling their customer service to fix this, and their best solution is that I wait 1 month for the funds to be released.)

I have to go back to these schools on monday morning (may 2nd) to either request for a change of date or refund them.

I assured them I will share my experiences with others, so they don't become victims like me. And that is all I am doing here.

PLEASE SHARE YOURS TOO, SO OTHERS CAN LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES WITH THIS BANK!!! THANKS FELLOW NAIRALANDERS
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by mayorkyzo: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2016
Wow thanks @op,i was already planning to go open an account there cos of their low exchange rate..need to have a re-think...
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by yomiselmer: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2016
@mayorkyzo DON'T. A word is enough for the wise. That was why i opened account with them. exchange rate everywhere was Absurd and they were doing N280 to $! when gtb was at N300 to $1.

I will be going back to GTB now. In the end, I was penny wise and pound foolish, as I spend a lot of money on airtime to contact their customer service after most of my tansactions. Not to mention the amount of time I have wasted contacting their customer service.

I didn't want to write a very long post, but trust me, you will not enjoy STANBIC IBTC. They never send alerts on time (that is even if they send).

Many more things i can write, but for time. I need to head out.

You wouldn't believe that After opening my account, I didn't even get my account number till after 1 week, and when I call customer service for my account number, they will say " we need your account number to give you that information" I had to go back to the branch to get it.
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by chiefkpokp(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2016
I have used about 4 top banks, But I have to try stanbic Ibtc, and ever since 2years now, No cos to regret using them.
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by Elizadath: 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
.. Even WEMA bank better pass ibtcheat. They are worse!
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by shocker007(m): 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
yomiselmer:
Well, I personally do not have any good experiences with stanbic IBTC. but I will share the little experience have.

1) They Disappointed me on my Graduation day:

My graduation was on march 2nd, and I had emptied all my accounts to buy items internationally for my online store. For some reason I do not understand, I decided to deposit all the cash I had on me (about N120,000) in my Stanbic Ibtc account needed for my suit and little things. on february 26th i noticed I could not withdraw any of the money, I called the customer service, and they said My address just needs to be verified and it will be done that day (26th february). To end the story, I had to borrow money on the night of my graduation (march 1st) to buy whatever i could get that night. (I hardly ever wear suits, so i didn't have any good ones at home)

2) I traveled to Abuja to introduce schools to micro electronics:
After securing deals with some schools, I was paid a percentage in advance. and i used the money to purchase about 5 phones I was going to be needing for the project from china. I paid with my stanbic card (because They were supposed to have an exchange rate of N280 to $1). The transaction declined, and after refreshing the page to try again I got an insufficient funds error. the merchant insist there was no payment, but stanbic claims as far as they are concerned, the merchant can come anytime , and they have to keep the funds on hold for about 30days.
lol... I was even actually charged N295 for $1 by stanbic. that is just N5 cheaper than GTB on a dollar.

I strongly recommend GTB for online transactions. don't be fooled by STANBIC. (I SPENT OVER N9,000 airtime in the space of 3days calling their customer service to fix this, and their best solution is that I wait 1 month for the funds to be released.)

I have to go back to these schools on monday morning (may 2nd) to either request for a change of date or refund them.

I assured them I will share my experiences with others, so they don't become victims like me. And that is all I am doing here.

PLEASE SHARE YOURS TOO, SO OTHERS CAN LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES WITH THIS BANK!!! THANKS FELLOW NAIRALANDERS

Any Bank will do same so far your card is a Mastercard.
Only Visa card will refund you back instantly.
I don't use Mastercard for transactions because I know the drill cos You just have to pray the transaction don't bounce, but with VISA you don't have to care bout all that.

Same thing with the alert, VISA deduct immediately thus u get alert immediately too.
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by yomiselmer: 10:31am On May 01, 2016
shocker007:

Any Bank will do same so far your card is a Mastercard.
Only Visa card will refund you back instantly.
I don't use Mastercard for transactions because I know the drill cos You just have to pray the transaction don't bounce, but with VISA you don't have to care bout all that.

Same thing with the alert, VISA deduct immediately thus u get alert immediately too.

I am fully aware of this. I also want to bring to your attention that blocked funds can be manually released by your bank if you provide evidence that the transaction was declined.

I have had similar issues with gtb, and they were able to resolve the issue in 24hours.

Stanbic keep on saying I have not provided sufficient evidence, even when they can see a chat on Alibaba platform of the merchant saying that the items have not been paid for.

I even contacted Alipay, who confirmed the same thing.

stanbic wants a mail, but the funny thing is one Mr lanre from stanbic customer care advised me to cancel the order . This issue has just ben complicated by having several customer care representatives on the same issue.

I have decided I will wait for 30days for it to be removed from hold. but I will no longer be banking with stanbic, as they are Inefficient with simple things like alerts (I get my alerts extremely late. most times 24hrs after the transaction), their mobile banking(I do not even think it is currently working as the last time in February that I asked, they said it was down, and they were working on it. It could be okay now, but i do not know.)

As for their internet banking, my friends complain a lot that money hangs on their platform, so I just stick to GTB and UBA for that.

Some of you may be lucky to have everything smooth with stanbic ibtc,but almost every important transaction i have had with them has been regrettable and that is why I have decided to leave them now, before they mess me up on my next IMPORTANT BIG DAY.

If you have no issues with stanbic, I advice you to stay o, because "The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know"

I am going back to my devil GTB that was charging N300 for $1 (she is better than stanbic who used N280 to $1 to lure people, and then change suddenly to N295 TO $1 showing while showing her real character)
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by medex(m): 11:59am On May 01, 2016
Guy, you go dey alright oh. Stanbic IBTC has saved my business' for the past 6 months. Sounds like what you experienced was just unfortunate.

Their customer service has been topnotch for me. Try sending email instead of calling or using Facebook private message.

No vex sha but their exchange rate is worth every kobo I can get, Internet banking charge is also cheap.
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by chiefkpokp(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2016
medex:
Guy, you go dey alright oh. Stanbic IBTC has saved my business' for the past 6 months. Sounds like what you experienced was just unfortunate.

Their customer service has been topnotch for me. Try sending email instead of calling or using Facebook private message.

No vex sha but their exchange rate is worth every kobo I can get, Internet banking charge is also cheap.

i tire o!!. stanbic ibtc has help a lot, their customer care on phone is good, their email cc is also good, I even prefer to email or call CC, than going to their bank to meet physical CC. if you are a regular importer, You will need a cheap exchange rate, and this bank gives cheapest exchange rate. Me self non want make them get customers the way gtbank and firstbank get self, so that make them non begin misbehave.....
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by yomiselmer: 4:08pm On May 03, 2016
Fellow nairalander's, I received a call from stanbic today. They said they saw this nairaland thread. They were very quick to respond to and solve my issues.

The Director said I can always reach him on 01 422 8562 or even the executive director on 01 422 7774 whenever their customer service mess up or cannot handle the issue (As in my case) instead of taking it public like I did. Again I am sharing this here for fellow nairalander's who might experience issues in the future. so let us not abuse this opportunity.

He also pleaded with me to share with everybody that my issue has been resolved.

SO I hope this post achieves that.

If stanbic's customer care cannot handle your issue. just call the executive director on 01 422 7774 and your problems should be over.

Thank you everyone.

Have a wonderful day everyday.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by tugrow(m): 5:35pm On May 03, 2016
yomiselmer:
Fellow nairalander's, I received a call from stanbic today. They said they saw this nairaland thread. They were very quick to respond to and solve my issues.

The Director said I can always reach him on 01 422 8562 or even the executive director on 01 422 7774 whenever their customer service mess up or cannot handle the issue (As in my case) instead of taking it public like I did. Again I am sharing this here for fellow nairalander's who might experience issues in the future. so let us not abuse this opportunity.

He also pleaded with me to share with everybody that my issue has been resolved.

SO I hope this post achieves that.

If stanbic's customer care cannot handle your issue. just call the executive director on 01 422 7774 and your problems should be over.

Thank you everyone.

Hmmmm
Who knows this guy physically, this guy may be a scammer Oooooo

Please to avoid been scam, anytime you have issues with your bank ,
Call the costomer service care number you know, don't call this number Oooooo

No director will want to handle this case when he has people in place to handle this.

Open your eyes cool

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by chiefkpokp(m): 6:21pm On May 03, 2016
@op, you will have ur self to be blamed if we investigate that those number has nothing to do with stanbic IBTC bank.
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by tugrow(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2016
chiefkpokp:
@op, you will have ur self to be blamed if we investigate that those number has nothing to do with stanbic IBTC bank.
Good one BRO, try and do that

Please what the is current rate of stanbic ibtc, wema and uba africard bank

Thanks
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by yomiselmer: 12:03am On May 04, 2016
tugrow:

Hmmmm
Who knows this guy physically, this guy may be a scammer Oooooo

Please to avoid been scam, anytime you have issues with your bank ,
Call the costomer service care number you know, don't call this number Oooooo

No director will want to handle this case when he has people in place to handle this.

Open your eyes cool

@tugrow, big companies cheat individuals like us is because of our Nigerian mindset or mentality. I have been battling with this issue for 6 days, and because a top person from stanbic sees this thread, it is resolved immediately. most times we just make assumptions and do not act and these companies know this (e.g who profits if a bank holds/blocks your money for one month? they tell you that due to some policy, you cannot access your funds, and they know you will take their word for it without question).

e.g You assume I am a scammer, without going to stanbic's website to verify that the information I have given is indeed accurate, thereby depriving people who actually need help of the information, as you have discredited it.

here is stanbic's website; http://www.stanbicibtcbank.com and I have also attached a screenshot for those that doubt.

Also I didn't request people to stop calling customer service, I only advised that if customer service can't help you, rather than come out public like I did, call the numbers first (At least if you do so, they wouldn't accuse you of not trying to resolve the matter internally first, like they accused me.)

Believe it or not over the cause of the 6 days I spent a little over N9,000 on airtel recharge cards calling customer service. yet the director who called said His number (extension) was on the website and I could have reached him, before bringing it to nairaland.

I believe you are a responsible gentleman, and as such you will pass your opinion across without abuse and with regard to other people's feelings.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by chiefkpokp(m): 12:10am On May 04, 2016
tugrow:

Thanks
Stanbic bank is 295 today but I don't know about wema bank
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by yomiselmer: 12:12am On May 04, 2016
tugrow:

Thanks

I can tell you with 100% certainty that stanbics card transaction rate as at 3-5-2016 is $1 = N295

the 2nd best exchange rate you will probably find out there is gtb: $1 to N299.something or N300 (depends)

Uba last time I used them was N305, but I hear it fluctuates between N300 and N305 (How true it is, I do not know)

for wema, I am completely blank( never used them, and dont think i will unless they provide a better deal than stanbic.)
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by yomiselmer: 12:25am On May 04, 2016
chiefkpokp:

greetings,

How is your investigation going?

please share your findings when done.

Have a great night.
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by tugrow(m): 12:26am On May 04, 2016
yomiselmer:

@tugrow, big companies cheat individuals like us is because of our Nigerian mindset or mentality. I have been battling with this issue for 6 days, and because a top person from stanbic sees this thread, it is resolved immediately. most times we just make assumptions and do not act and these companies know this (e.g who profits if a bank holds/blocks your money for one month? they tell you that due to some policy, you cannot access your funds, and they know you will take their word for it without question).

e.g You assume I am a scammer, without going to stanbic's website to verify that the information I have given is indeed accurate, thereby depriving people who actually need help of the information, as you have discredited it.

here is stanbic's website; http://www.stanbicibtcbank.com and I have also attached a screenshot for those that doubt.

Also I didn't request people to stop calling customer service, I only advised that if customer service can't help you, rather than come out public like I did, call the numbers first (At least if you do so, they wouldn't accuse you of not trying to resolve the matter internally first, like they accused me.)

Believe it or not over the cause of the 6 days I spent a little over N9,000 on airtel recharge cards calling customer service. yet the director who called said His number (extension) was on the website and I could have reached him, before bringing it to nairaland.

I believe you are a responsible gentleman, and as such you will pass your opinion across without abuse and with regard to other people's feelings.

Bro, I am very sorry
You know the way the thread somehow is suspicious, you open a thread for a negative experience you had with them, coming back again with positive feedback look somehow
Ones again
I am sorry, just that every body needs to be vegilant in nairaland especially business section

Thanks
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by chiefkpokp(m): 7:09am On May 04, 2016
Dear Chief Kpkoo,

Thank you for bringing this feedback to our attention.

We are able to confirm to you that these numbers are direct lines in Stanbic IBTC Bank.
We appreciate your concerns and valued patronage.
Best regards,
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by tugrow(m): 7:19am On May 04, 2016
chiefkpokp:

Dear Chief Kpkoo,

Thank you for bringing this feedback to our attention.

We are able to confirm to you that these numbers are direct lines in Stanbic IBTC Bank.
We appreciate your concerns and valued patronage.
Best regards,

good one
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by yomiselmer: 8:17am On May 04, 2016
tugrow:

Bro, I am very sorry
You know the way the thread somehow is suspicious, you open a thread for a negative experience you had with them, coming back again with positive feedback look somehow
Ones again
I am sorry, just that every body needs to be vegilant in nairaland especially business section

Thanks

@Tugrow its okay.

I opened the thread to share EXPERIENCES with stanbic (either good or bad), as a lot of mini importers are considering opening accounts with them. It is unfortunate that I have had bad experiences in the past, but It would have been unfair Especially to stanbic, if I leave the thread like that without sharing my positive experience and enlightening others on what to do if they are having a bad day or week with stanbic like I was.

It's a good thing we are all looking out for each other.
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by blank(f): 10:21am On May 04, 2016
yomiselmer:

Believe it or not over the cause of the 6 days I spent a little over N9,000 on airtel recharge cards calling customer service.

Use Airtel talkmore bundle for such calls. It won't cost you as much.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by tugrow(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2016
yomiselmer:

@Tugrow its okay.

I opened the thread to share EXPERIENCES with stanbic (either good or bad), as a lot of mini importers are considering opening accounts with them. It is unfortunate that I have had bad experiences in the past, but It would have been unfair Especially to stanbic, if I leave the thread like that without sharing my positive experience and enlightening others on what to do if they are having a bad day or week with stanbic like I was.

It's a good thing we are all looking out for each other.

Thanks bro
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by tugrow(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2016
blank:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by Buikechukwu35(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2016
blank:

please How can i migrate to Airtel TalkMore
Re: Share Your Experience With Stanbic Ibtc. by blank(f): 12:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
Buikechukwu35:
please How can i migrate to Airtel TalkMore
Google it. Can't remember the code.

(1) (Reply)

CBN Injects $284.2m, Cny36m Into Retail Secondary Market / Any Cold Room Operator In The House? / Become A Mobile Money Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.