Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. (5152 Views)

American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) / Meet RANIERO CANTALAMESSA; Preacher To Holy Father, The POPE. / God Used Slain Female Preacher To Heal Mad Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 8:52am On Apr 30, 2016
Ask me any question that makes you doubt the gospel of grace, abolishment of the law, righteousness, holiness and ANYTHING pertaining to christian life.

I am here to help you, No insult please!

PLEASE, ATHEISTS STAY AWAY!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by pennytration(m): 8:55am On Apr 30, 2016
Sorry, but I dont believe in God cos religion is superstition.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 9:28am On Apr 30, 2016
pennytration:
Sorry, but I dont believe in God cos religion is superstition.
Okay, bye!

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by MizyB(f): 10:59am On Apr 30, 2016
promise101:

Okay, bye!

Have a nice day!

Wouldn't it be nice to lead that brother to Believe?

Or isn't everyone meant to hear the good news?
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 11:08am On Apr 30, 2016
MizyB:

Wouldn't it be nice to lead that brother to Believe?

Or isn't everyone meant to hear the good news?

Yea sis, it might not look good that way, but I have to do it for some reasons.

If you have argued with some atheists on NL, you will know that this thread will be turned into something else, if I had started arguing with him on the reasons to believe in God.

That would really derail this thread, and I wouldn't like that, because I am here on a specific mission, which is to let people understand the gospel of grace the more in a clearer way.

If you don't like it, I am sorry. But, that's the best thing for now.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by MizyB(f): 11:21am On Apr 30, 2016
promise101:

Yea sis, it might not look good that way, but I have to do it for some reasons.

If you have argued with some atheists on NL, you will know that this thread will be turned into something else, if I had started arguing with him on the reasons to believe in God.

That would really derail this thread, and I wouldn't like that, because I am here on a specific mission, which is to let people understand the gospel of grace the more in a clearer way.

If you don't like it, I am sorry. But, that's the best thing for now.

Thank you.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by ValentineMary(m): 11:34am On Apr 30, 2016
How did the sun stand still during Joshua's time because from my lessons, the sun is relatively static grin

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Peritus(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
1. How do you reconcile grace with Matt.5:21-48, where Christ made drastic changes on the old law (Exodus 20), thereby establishing new laws which though of the spirit center on good work?
2. What becomes of one who breaks those Christ's commandments in Matt.5 and the New commandment of love in Jn 13:34, but believes in grace? In other words, one who do not love his neighbours nor enemies, but claims grace. Reconcile it with 1Jn 4:8 that says that if one has no love, he know not God, for God is love.
3. Do you pay tithe?
4. James 2:17, faith without good work is dead being alone. vs 24 you see then, how that by work man is justified not by faith only. These verses suggest that though we are made perfect by grace through faith, but faith cannot stand alone without good work.
5. Jude vs 4 says that some men have slipped into our midst who pervert the teachings of grace to excuse their lasciviousness.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 12:28am On May 02, 2016
MizyB:

I understand perfectly.

Here's my question, how does the grace of God actually stop you from sinning? the fear of hell compels me effectively than grace. Since I understood it really has nothing to do with fear but Love, I feel ive been taking advantage of that love, not that fervent anymore, its all about my books now and little time for my saviour.
Hey, I am sorry for delaying. I just saw it this night.

Yeah, you really asked a good question! Lol

You asked; how grace can actually STOP you from sinning.

Grace means an unmerited favour of God. It is not worked for, rather, it is a GIFT.

First of all, the reason why the grace of God was offered to us was because no one has the ability to live a sinless perfect life. NO ONE! Grace was given because we are naturally, morally POWERLESS to stop sinning and as well condemned eternally.

No matter, how any preacher who preaches that the heretic gospel of sinless perfection looks like, let it be settled in your heart that he is guilty of what he is preaching. Even moses, samson, david, paul and even peter, who blew it a BIG time, they were NOT sinless perfect. Sinless perfection(works) is NOT a requirement for eternal life, rather FAITH IN GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS is the ONLY requirement for eternal life. Nothing else!

I know that you have heard people who have told you to live a sinless perfect life to go to heaven. This is the greatest LIE of all times against the gospel of Jesus. But, the gospel truth BEFORE GOD AND MAN, is that those preachers were NEVER, is NOT and can NEVER be sinless perfect. Don't be deceived!

The gospel of Jesus(grace) is not a call to duty, is not a call to change the wrong and always deceive yourself as mr right, is not a call to do this and keep away from this. It is a GOOD NEWS to BELIEVE that Jesus never suffered at the cross in vain. A GOOD NEWS TO BELIEVE that Jesus has suffered the punishment of your eternal sins so that you can have PEACE with God. A GOOD NEWS, that Jesus died and went to hell for 3days for your eternal sins, so that NOT EVEN SIN can take you there. Only if you can believe the work he did in your place. It was you that suppose to die and go to hell but he did it WILLINGLY for you.

If you are expecting sinless perfection by works, then you will not find that, but will only end up condemning yourself, living in a deadly SIN-CONSCIOUSNESS, uncertainty of your salvation, constant prayer of forgiveness and worst of all FEAR OF HELL. Oh, you even said that you are being compelled about hell. You see that?

Now, before I go in details what grace is all about, I will like to give you a picture of what it looks like. And that boils down to our sinful nature and what happened at the cross.

When we were left to die and take the PUNISHMENT for our Past, present and future sins(ETERNAL SINS), which is eternal death in hell, Jesus decided to come. And guess what he did? I imagine him quoting rom 6:23; that the WAGES of our past, present and future sin is death but the FREE GIFT of God is ETERNAL LIFE. He now said; "okay I am going to pay for ALL the wages of your ETERNAL SINS, so that you can have access to the FREE GIFT of God, not withstanding sin". He said; "though you MERIT to REAP eternal death, but this time around, the law of sow and reap is not going to function again, because all the bad you have sowed, sowing and will ever sow, is what I am about to reap, so that I can give you eternal righteousness, eternal justification, eternal redemption, eternal holiness. Finally, he took our death and WILFULLY laid it on himself, and gave us his life. This is what is called GRACE. How dare you say you merit such love? Of course, you wouldn't say that, because it is really an UNMERITED favour.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were YET SINNERS(lairs, murderers, fornicators, idolators) , christ died for us.

The punishment of the eternal sins of a world without end, which christ suffered can NEVER be of any effect to people who think that they can HYPOCRITICALLY STRIVE TO LOOK sinless perfect before men, rather christ died for us, HELPLESS and POWERLESS SINNERS, when we were not even trying to look righteous. We were absolute sinners, when he died!

Now, why are we sinners? We are NOT sinners because we commit sin. We are sinners because of what adam DID TO US ETERNALLY. Very terrible! Before you EVER committed your first sin, you were ALREADY a sinner. YOU WERE ETERNALLY BORN A SINNER, BECAUSE IT WAS IMPUTED ON YOU WITH NO WORKS FOR THE SAKE OF WHAT ADAM DID. Why, but I have not sinned at that time? Yes, that's exactly the problem.

Rom 5:12;" Therefore, just as sin came into the world THROUGH ONE MAN, and death through sin, and so death spread to ALL men because ALL SINNED". That is to say, that sin entered through one man, Adam, and it was imputed unto all men WITH NO WORKS.

When we were sinners, we were so WRETCHED, GUILTY, CAPTIVATED, and SO POWERLESS to deliver ourselves. Imagine that we had a salvation bank account and in our account we were not having zero rather, we were having "minus", OWING.

Now, in that position, we were fornicators, criminals, lairs, idolators and so on, who COULDN'T help themselves. God through his son, Jesus, decided to save humanity, by taking our ETERNAL PUNISHMENT.

You know that when someone is being kidnapped and is about to be liberated, usually a RANSOM must be rendered before the kidnapped can be liberated. We were kidnapped by the devil, and for God to save us, he has to offer a RANSOM.

And the ransom must be a man because it was a man,adam, that lost everything, who will take on himself the ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of others. At this point, God searched among the people but couldn't find one without sin, who could carry out this mission, because, we ALL were in the same bondage, nobody had the power to deliver himself let alone delivering others.

So God decided to come by himself in the likeness of man, in the person of Jesus. But how sure are we that Jesus is really God? Isaiah 9:6"For to us a Child shall be born, to us a Son shall be given; And the government shall be upon His shoulder, And His name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLATING FATHER, Prince of Peace."

Jesus didn't pay for our sins, he, himself, IS THE PAYMENT FOR SIN. Glory!!!!

When he came, he saw that ALL MEN were already condemned to death because of sin, he decided to take our place.

At times, when preachers tell people about the message of the cross, they normally stop at the last paragraph. But, what happen there was not JUST what I wrote there.

To make you understand grace more, I have to break down the death of jesus here.

Note: the wages of sin is not ordinary death, rather death in hell(spiritual)

We were NOT forgiven because we were sorry for our sinful nature, or because we decided to be TRYING to live well or because of our prayer of forgiveness, these things does NOT WASH your sins away. We were forgiven because somebody decided to take the punishment of our eternal sins.

If a criminal is tried in a law court, proven guilty and condemned to death sentence. No matter how the criminal cries, begs, ask for forgiveness, it doesn't change the case. One thing that is certain is that JUSTICE must be done to the CRIME committed. The ONLY solution that can make the criminal to be forgiven, is that somebody WILLINGLY offered himself, to take up the punishment of the criminal, by being sentenced to death IN PLACE of the criminal. That's what happened in our case, but Jesus shed his blood for the forgiveness of our sins.

Stay in grace

2 Likes

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 9:33am On May 02, 2016
Peritus:
1. How do you reconcile grace with Matt.5:21-48, where Christ made drastic changes on the old law (Exodus 20), thereby establishing new laws which though of the spirit center on good work?
2. What becomes of one who breaks those Christ's commandments in Matt.5 and the New commandment of love in Jn 13:34, but believes in grace? In other words, one who do not love his neighbours nor enemies, but claims grace. Reconcile it with 1Jn 4:8 that says that if one has no love, he know not God, for God is love.
3. Do you pay tithe?
4. James 2:17, faith without good work is dead being alone. vs 24 you see then, how that by work man is justified not by faith only. These verses suggest that though we are made perfect by grace through faith, but faith cannot stand alone without good work.
5. Jude vs 4 says that some men have slipped into our midst who pervert the teachings of grace to excuse their lasciviousness.
Thanks for asking.

1. If you read Exodus, deuteronomy very well, you will discover that the laws that were given was 10commandments + 630 do and don't(laws). There are many of them that are not just in order, but were never corrected in that matt 5.

For example; among the 630 laws that Jesus corrected, you will see that there are laws that are against wearing clothes of different sorts and colours, eating fishes with scale, building of staircase, using balcony to build houses, the same law is against women wearing what pertaineth to man, plowing with ass and ox together, is also against allowing bastards to enter into the congregation of the lord. Some of them are just terrible to live by. That's why jesus abolished the whole law, because it couldn't justify anyone.

Remember what james said, that if you keep all but fail one, you have failed the WHOLE law. Paul said in Gal 3:12, that law is NOT of faith(law is not of the spirit), and he went on to say that whosoever who wants the law should live by it COMPLETELY. And if you live by it but couldn't keep it all(10commandments and 630 laws), a curse is pronounced on you. God forbid! Read Gal 3:10 with many version to understand it in all ramifications.

If Jesus was giving us a new law to keep, then he would have corrected all those laws I showed you up there. Because, maybe you don't support women who wear trouser, but you wear clothes of diverse sorts and colours, you eat fishes with scale and you see no sin in allowing a bastard into the house of God. That makes no difference between you and women who wear trouser, because both of you break the same law! That's why so many law preachers are just so ignorant of what they preach, because they are GUILTY of the same law they are preaching.

However, to reconcile what Jesus said there, you have to settle it in you mind that Jesus was NOT giving us a new law to live by, which is even tougher than the former, whereas he said that his yoke is not heavy but light. If not so, then we have to make some correction in the 10 and 630 laws that was given, in regard to what Jesus in and live by ALL. It will be very terrible! Because, it can NEVER still justify you. That's why we are no more justify by law keeping but by his blood.

Jesus said that, so as to correct moses, and as well frustrate the jews, who are too blinded with the law and to turn their eyes to the need of Jesus dying for their sins. That's why he made it tougher for them and even told them that except their righteousness exceed that of the scribes and the pharisee they cannot enter the kingdom. This is an indirect fight on their right living(righteousness). The only righteousness that can exceed that of the pharisee is the righteousness of Jesus himself, which is imputed on any man that BELIEVES in him, with no works.

And as well when you look at the verse 18 of that chapter you will see that it was TEMPORAL.
Matt 5:18;"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear UNTIL IT'S PURPOSE IS ACCOMPLISHED."

This is a verse so many pastors have misinterpreted so much. That verse simply means that at the point the purpose of God's law is accomplished(fulfilled), then the law can be abolished. Very simple! What was the purpose of God's law? To justify us and make us righteous before God. But still couldn't help! So has it been accomplished? Yes, of course! That's the reason of our faith in him and not in law keeping. The purpose of God's law was accomplished at the cross!

Now therefore, we are not justified or made righteous by works of the law(right living), we are made righteous by his blood, that's his righteousness.

Rom 5:1;"Therefore, being justified by faith(in his blood) we have peace with God through our lord Jesus christ"

We don't have peace with God because we live rightly or keep the law, rather we have peace with God because we have been eternally justified by faith through his blood.

Rom 5:9;"Much more then, being now JUSTIFED BY HIS BLOOD, we shall be saved from wrath through him"

We shall not be saved from wrath because of our works of the law(right living), but because we have been justified by his blood.

THE FUNDAMENTAL: our salvation is NOT based on law or personal effort, but based on the perfect finished work of christ and it is all about GRACE.

2. In the second question, you sounded like a person who doesn't know what is being meant by grace. You DON'T claim grace, you BELIEVE in grace. Grace is NOT a concept you claim, grace is a PERSON you BELIEVE IN. Grace is Jesus christ and everything Jesus stands for.

John 1;"in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God" verse 14;"And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH." You CANNOT separate jesus from grace!

I have talked about the case of matt 5. But even if we trespass against those laws at times, but still believe in him who JUSTIFIES the UNGODLY, we are still justified by faith.

Rom 4:5;"But to him that worketh not, but BELIEVES on him that JUSTIFIES the UNGODLY, HIS FAITH IS COUNTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS"

Keeping God's law does not give us right standing with God, instead it gives us right standing with men and makes us look righteous BEFORE MEN and not before God, because God knows that you don't keep ALL. And if you rely on it, to look righteous before God you will be accursed. If you expect God to accept you because of the things you do rightly, he has many reasons to reject you because in that your self righteous state you are still looking imperfect.

Phil 3:9;"and to have a relationship with him. This means that I DIDN'T receive God’s approval by obeying HIS laws. THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE! I have God’s approval THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST. This is the approval that comes from God and is BASIS OF FAITH" (GW)

Phil 3:9
"And that I may [ACTUALLY] be found and known as in Him, not having any [self- achieved] righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law’s demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [genuine righteousness] which comes THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST(the Anointed One), the [TRULY] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] FAITH." (AMPC)

ALL WE NEED IS A SAVIOUR, GRACE!!!

You asked about love. But the truth is that it is not everytime that a believer shows love. And that's natural!

What about peter who cut off someone's ear when jesus was about to be arrested? Of course, you know that the kind of anger that can make someone to cut off someone's ear, can as well make the person to MURDER. Was that a sign of love? what about the same peter who was eating with the gentiles together with Paul and when he saw the jews coming he withdrew(hypocrisy) from the gentiles so that he won't be identified with the gentiles. Was that a sign of love? Absolutely not! Does that mean that he doesn't know God because he didn't show the love? You know, that was a sin of hypocrisy, does it mean that he is of the devil according to john who said that whosoever commit is of the devil? No! At that point he was still justified.

Our justification is dependent on christ by faith, ALONE.

The messages of John is the easiest message to misunderstand in the bible, because john sounded as if he was talking about sinlessness, and that is contradictory to when he said that if we say we have no sin in us, we make God a lair.

But if you have the finish work of christ as the foundation of your faith, you will not misunderstand it. I will talk about it in a separate post, together with our questions you asked.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Peritus(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2016
Sir, you omitted the last two questions, viz:
1. Do you pay tithe?
2. Interpret James 2:17 & 24 which says that faith without good work is dead, being alone. Knowing that we are saved by grace through faith.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 4:37pm On May 02, 2016
What is sin? Please answer it Scripturally, and do not add or omit. Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by jiggaz(m): 1:50pm On May 03, 2016
For the person talking of what James said in the bible about FAITH WITHOUT WORKS BEING DEAD, If you look clearly, James was not trying to contradict Paul that said WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH NOT BY WORKS. You need to divide the word with the help of the Holy Spirit to understand which context some Scripture is used.

James was talking about Justification before men while Paul was talking about Justification before God. They are not contradicting each other. Before God, a man is justified solely by his belief in the finished work of Christ, while before men, they will like you to show the evidence of your justification by good works. We are saved by grace through faith in Christ alone and we are also created to do good works. But the good works you do is not what maintains your Salvation rather it is your gratitude to God for the free gift of Salvation that he gave you without you working for it , you are already saved by your Faith alone.

Mind you, Salvation is by Faith alone in the finished work of Christ while Good WORKS is for Reward at the Bema Seat Of Christ. It is only good works done by the leading of the Holy Spirit that will be rewarded not those done in your own strength by TRYING TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE PLEASING TO GOD so they can say you are a good person. There are some good works that men will applaud but they will be burned at the Bema Seat of Christ because the Motivation there wasn't really to glorify Christ but instead to show the world that you are a good Christian so they can commend you and put you in high esteem . All Glory and Motivation must be for the Lord and Him Alone. That is why the Bible said that on that day The first shall be the last and the last first. Heaven will be full of surprises. That is why it is written DO NOT JUDGE BEFORE THE TIME, cos the motivation for doing some good works will be revealed. I don't judge or condemn other Christians cos you don't know their relationship with the Lord. God knows the heart of everyone.

In conclusion, SALVATION is a free gift from God to everyone that believes. You don't work for it or try to maintain it with good works, it is the Lord's doing. The same way he draws you to him is the same way he will keep you cos we are sealed with the Holy Spirit the first day we believed the Gospel of Christ, as a guarantee for our bodily redemption at the rapture.

I urge believers in Christ to always read the Bible with the help of the holy spirit, so that you can rightly divide the Word.

James was talking about JUSTIFICATION before men while Paul was talking about JUSTIFICATION before God. They don't contradict each other, God is not an author of Confusion.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by jiggaz(m): 2:10pm On May 03, 2016
Dear Promise101 keep up the good work bro, the Lord is your strength. The Grace Revolution is here and it has taken over the world. I believe God has poured out His Spirit of Knowledge and Truth in these last days to gather the last set of people to His kingdom.

There are thousands of testimonies coming from all over the world because of this Grace Message which is the Gospel of Christ and His finished work. God is moving mightily in India, China and the Middle East drawing people to Him. The Grace message has liberated so many people.

The Lord is your strength bro.... We all shall meet in heaven on that day for the marriage supper of the Lamb... What a great day it shall be!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 2:31pm On May 03, 2016
jiggaz:
For the person talking of what James said in the bible about FAITH WITHOUT WORKS BEING DEAD, If you look clearly, James was not trying to contradict Paul that said WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH NOT BY WORKS. You need to divide the word with the help of the Holy Spirit to understand which context some Scripture is used.

James was talking about Justification before men while Paul was talking about Justification before God. They are not contradicting each other. Before God, a man is justified solely by his belief in the finished work of Christ, while before men, they will like you to show the evidence of your justification by good works. We are saved by grace through faith in Christ alone and we are also created to do good works. But the good works you do is not what maintains your Salvation rather it is your gratitude to God for the free gift of Salvation that he gave you without you working for it , you are already saved by your Faith alone.

Mind you, Salvation is by Faith alone in the finished work of Christ while Good WORKS is for Reward at the Bema Seat Of Christ. It is only good works done by the leading of the Holy Spirit that will be rewarded not those done in your own strength by TRYING TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE PLEASING TO GOD so they can say you are a good person. There are some good works that men will applaud but they will be burned at the Bema Seat of Christ because the Motivation there wasn't really to glorify Christ but instead to show the world that you are a good Christian so they can commend you and put you in high esteem . All Glory and Motivation must be for the Lord and Him Alone. That is why the Bible said that on that day The first shall be the last and the last first. Heaven will be full of surprises. That is why it is written DO NOT JUDGE BEFORE THE TIME, cos the motivation for doing some good works will be revealed. I don't judge or condemn other Christians cos you don't know their relationship with the Lord. God knows the heart of everyone.

In conclusion, SALVATION is a free gift from God to everyone that believes. You don't work for it or try to maintain it with good works, it is the Lord's doing. The same way he draws you to him is the same way he will keep you cos we are sealed with the Holy Spirit the first day we believed the Gospel of Christ, as a guarantee for our bodily redemption at the rapture.

I urge believers in Christ to always read the Bible with the help of the holy spirit, so that you can rightly divide the Word.

James was talking about JUSTIFICATION before men while Paul was talking about JUSTIFICATION before God. They don't contradict each other, God is not an author of Confusion.
JIGGAZ THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOT THE REVELATION!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my point!

Paul was talking about righteousness before God, while James was talking about righteousness before men.

In fact, before this week ends, God will give you a miracle that will sound like a lie to people. IJN, AMEEN!

Stay in grace!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 2:39pm On May 03, 2016
jiggaz:
Dear Promise101 keep up the good work bro, the Lord is your strength. The Grace Revolution is here and it has taken over the world. I believe God has poured out His Spirit of Knowledge and Truth in these last days to gather the last set of people to His kingdom.

There are thousands of testimonies coming from all over the world because of this Grace Message which is the Gospel of Christ and His finished work. God is moving mightily in India, China and the Middle East drawing people to Him. The Grace message has liberated so many people.

The Lord is your strength bro.... We all shall meet in heaven on that day for the marriage supper of the Lamb... What a great day it shall be!!!!
Today, you just shock me bro.

I thought that I was the only one that has the revelation of what paul and james was saying there. Because I've been studying and meditating on that verse.

I read that verse where paul and james talked about the case. So I was asking the lord what really happened there, because God is not allah, lol, who two opposite word can come out of his mouth.

Just around the day the guy asked that question that the lord removed the veil of misunderstanding from my mind.

As for the grace revolution, God is heavily using men, and it is SERIOUSLY growing in china and India. I see many chinese getting saved!

Stay in grace!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
How did the sun stand still during Joshua's time because from my lessons, the sun is relatively static grin

It's a form of writing, and the writer meant that the earth stood still for Joshua to finish up the war at the time, so that it would not be evening and them enemies flee.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 2:48pm On May 03, 2016
Splinz:
What is sin? Please answer it Scripturally, and do not add or omit. Thanks

anything outside God's word. The bible lets us know that God's word is truth, Jesus said so actually...therefore, sin is anything inconsistent with the word of God.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2016
hey buddy @promise101, sorry for invading your thread...I'd just stay by the sidelines, great work you're doing.

cheers
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 3:16pm On May 03, 2016
Peritus:
Sir, you omitted the last two questions, viz:
1. Do you pay tithe?
2. Interpret James 2:17 & 24 which says that faith without good work is dead, being alone. Knowing that we are saved by grace through faith.

1. No, I don't. Why? Because the law of tithing has been abolished. It is an act(a sin) of ADULTERY to go back and marry a dead body(moses- law) where I have been identified as "married to Jesus(grace)" who is still alive.

Rom 7: 1 Or do you not know, brothers - for I am
speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives?
2 For a married woman is BOUND BY LAW to her husband WHILE HE LIVES, but if her husband DIES she is RELEASED from the law of marriage.
3 Accordingly, she will be called an ADULTERSS if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband DIES, she is FREE FROM THAT LAW, and if she marries another man she is NOT an adulteress.
4 LIKEWISE, my brothers, you also have DIED TO THE LAW through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to ANOTHER, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.

This topic of tithing is seen as a suicidal teaching to be taught with an UNBIASED mind.

Now, God does not bless his people because they tithe, he blesses because HE WILLS. And to prove that he wills, he sent Jesus who came and abolished ALL the enmity that will make God not to bless his people.

That's why in the OT, you see CONDITIONAL BLESSINGS; "IF thou shall hearken.....THEN, I will bless", but in the NT, you will ONLY see UNCONDITIONAL blessings; "I WILL...." . But, why the unconditional NT blessings? Because ALL enmity(sin) between man and God has been ABOLISHED together with the laws.

Eph 2:15;"Having ABOLISHED in his flesh THE ENMITY(sin), even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, SO MAKING PEACE;

If God will bless me because I keep the abolished law of tithing, then it means that I deserve his blessings. And that is false! NO ONE DESERVES IT!

2. I think that @Jiggaz has done a good Job on this question. Paul was talking about justification before God while james was talking about Justification before God.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by ValentineMary(m): 3:17pm On May 03, 2016
Gombs:

It's a form of writing, and the writer meant that the earth stood still for Joshua to finish up the war at the time, so that it would not be evening and them enemies flee.
Okay let me get it straight, God ment to say d Earth stood still but he could not tell d difference between the earth and d sun If he was speaking figuratively, why not he just speak plainly to man. If I come today and say "My house is in d sea" when what I ment is that my house is on d ground floor, how do I expect my audience to know d interpretation

Accept it, the bible is d work of some deranged primitive Jews

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 3:18pm On May 03, 2016
Gombs:

anything outside God's word. The bible lets us know that God's word is truth, Jesus said so actually...therefore, sin is anything inconsistent with the word of God.

Thanks, you're right in a sense. But, I can't accept your definition because it has fall short of God's definition. Remember I said, "answer it scripturally, and do not add or omit". Thanks all the same.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 3:21pm On May 03, 2016
Gombs:
hey buddy @promise101, sorry for invading your thread...I'd just stay by the sidelines, great work you're doing.

cheers
Great answer!

We are all under one grace, so far we are sharing this same victorious message of our lord Jesus(grace)
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 3:22pm On May 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

Okay let me get it straight, God ment to say d Earth stood still but he could not tell d difference between the earth and d sun If he was speaking figuratively, why not he just speak plainly to man. If I come today and say "My house is in d sea" when what I ment is that my house is on d ground floor, how do I expect my audience to know d interpretation

Accept it, the bible is d work of some deranged primitive Jews
Yea, thank you.

You can leave the thread.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 3:25pm On May 03, 2016
Gombs:

Please, don't argue with these atheists, they will derail the thread.

Let's focus on grace gospel.

Stay in grace!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 3:29pm On May 03, 2016
Splinz:

Thanks, you're right in a sense. But, I can't accept your definition because it has fall short of God's definition. Remember I said, "answer it scripturally, and do not add or omit". Thanks all the same.
1john 3:4" Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by ValentineMary(m): 3:43pm On May 03, 2016
promise101:

Yea, thank you.

You can leave the thread.
Is that another way of saying my bible got it wrong but I don't want to say it?

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 4:00pm On May 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

Is that another way of saying my bible got it wrong but I don't want to say it?
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by jiggaz(m): 4:11pm On May 03, 2016
promise101:

JIGGAZ THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
YOU GOT THE REVELATION!!!!!!!!!
Exactly my point!
Paul was talking about righteousness before God, while James was talking about righteousness before men.
In fact, before this week ends, God will give you a miracle that will sound like a lie to people. IJN, AMEEN!
Stay in grace!
Amen Promise!!!! Amen!!! The Lord is Our strength!!!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by jiggaz(m): 4:14pm On May 03, 2016
promise101:

Today, you just shock me bro.
I thought that I was the only one that has the revelation of what paul and james was saying there. Because I've been studying and meditating on that verse.
I read that verse where paul and james talked about the case. So I was asking the lord what really happened there, because God is not allah, lol, who two opposite word can come out of his mouth.
Just around the day the guy asked that question that the lord removed the veil of misunderstanding from my mind.
As for the grace revolution, God is heavily using men, and it is SERIOUSLY growing in china and India. I see many chinese getting saved!
Stay in grace!
Amen!! It is well with you bro.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2016
promise101:

1john 3:4" Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."

Thank you! And now, did you say the Law has been abolished? If yes, which of the law, the one that actually defined sin or some other law? As usual, please provide your answers strictly scripturally based.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by ValentineMary(m): 4:31pm On May 03, 2016
promise101:

I decided not to answer any atheist on this thread, but I just want to finally explain the confusion.

According to what you said, it was not God that narrated the incident, the incident was not received by revelation, rather it was an eye-witnessed incident. And it was written down, as witnessed.

So, the problem there was that, the eye-witnessed people weren't exposed to the kind of education we have now. That was why, they said it in that way, instead of saying that the earth stood still.

But, to show that it really happened, they knew that the earth stood still, but misinterpreted the event because they weren't exposed to the education we have now.

Thank u so much. Now we can assume how large d number of errors in d bible would be due to ignorance and lack of exposure

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why / New 'Atheist Map' Of The World / Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.