Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. (5155 Views)

American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) / Meet RANIERO CANTALAMESSA; Preacher To Holy Father, The POPE. / God Used Slain Female Preacher To Heal Mad Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by jiggaz(m): 4:38pm On May 03, 2016
promise101:

Hey, I am sorry for delaying. I just saw it this night.
Yeah, you really asked a good question! Lol
You asked; how grace can actually STOP you from sinning.
Grace means an unmerited favour of God. It is not worked for, rather, it is a GIFT.
First of all, the reason why the grace of God was offered to us was because no one has the ability to live a sinless perfect life. NO ONE! Grace was given because we are naturally, morally POWERLESS to stop sinning and as well condemned eternally.
No matter, how any preacher who preaches that the heretic gospel of sinless perfection looks like, let it be settled in your heart that he is guilty of what he is preaching. Even moses, samson, david, paul and even peter, who blew it a BIG time, they were NOT sinless perfect. Sinless perfection(works) is NOT a requirement for eternal life, rather FAITH IN GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS is the ONLY requirement for eternal life. Nothing else!
I know that you have heard people who have told you to live a sinless perfect life to go to heaven. This is the greatest LIE of all times against the gospel of Jesus. But, the gospel truth BEFORE GOD AND MAN, is that those preachers were NEVER, is NOT and can NEVER be sinless perfect. Don't be deceived!
The gospel of Jesus(grace) is not a call to duty, is not a call to change the wrong and always deceive yourself as mr right, is not a call to do this and keep away from this. It is a GOOD NEWS to BELIEVE that Jesus never suffered at the cross in vain. A GOOD NEWS TO BELIEVE that Jesus has suffered the punishment of your eternal sins so that you can have PEACE with God. A GOOD NEWS, that Jesus died and went to hell for 3days for your eternal sins, so that NOT EVEN SIN can take you there. Only if you can believe the work he did in your place. It was you that suppose to die and go to hell but he did it WILLINGLY for you.
If you are expecting sinless perfection by works, then you will not find that, but will only end up condemning yourself, living in a deadly SIN-CONSCIOUSNESS, uncertainty of your salvation, constant prayer of forgiveness and worst of all FEAR OF HELL. Oh, you even said that you are being compelled about hell. You see that?
Now, before I go in details what grace is all about, I will like to give you a picture of what it looks like. And that boils down to our sinful nature and what happened at the cross.
When we were left to die and take the PUNISHMENT for our Past, present and future sins(ETERNAL SINS), which is eternal death in hell, Jesus decided to come. And guess what he did? I imagine him quoting rom 6:23; that the WAGES of our past, present and future sin is death but the FREE GIFT of God is ETERNAL LIFE. He now said; "okay I am going to pay for ALL the wages of your ETERNAL SINS, so that you can have access to the FREE GIFT of God, not withstanding sin". He said; "though you MERIT to REAP eternal death, but this time around, the law of sow and reap is not going to function again, because all the bad you have sowed, sowing and will ever sow, is what I am about to reap, so that I can give you eternal righteousness, eternal justification, eternal redemption, eternal holiness. Finally, he took our death and WILFULLY laid it on himself, and gave us his life. This is what is called GRACE. How dare you say you merit such love? Of course, you wouldn't say that, because it is really an UNMERITED favour.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were YET SINNERS(lairs, murderers, fornicators, idolators) , christ died for us.
The punishment of the eternal sins of a world without end, which christ suffered can NEVER be of any effect to people who think that they can HYPOCRITICALLY STRIVE TO LOOK sinless perfect before men, rather christ died for us, HELPLESS and POWERLESS SINNERS, when we were not even trying to look righteous. We were absolute sinners, when he died!
Now, why are we sinners? We are NOT sinners because we commit sin. We are sinners because of what adam DID TO US ETERNALLY. Very terrible! Before you EVER committed your first sin, you were ALREADY a sinner. YOU WERE ETERNALLY BORN A SINNER, BECAUSE IT WAS IMPUTED ON YOU WITH NO WORKS FOR THE SAKE OF WHAT ADAM DID. Why, but I have not sinned at that time? Yes, that's exactly the problem.
Rom 5:12;" Therefore, just as sin came into the world THROUGH ONE MAN, and death through sin, and so death spread to ALL men because ALL SINNED". That is to say, that sin entered through one man, Adam, and it was imputed unto all men WITH NO WORKS.
When we were sinners, we were so WRETCHED, GUILTY, CAPTIVATED, and SO POWERLESS to deliver ourselves. Imagine that we had a salvation bank account and in our account we were not having zero rather, we were having "minus", OWING.
Now, in that position, we were fornicators, criminals, lairs, idolators and so on, who COULDN'T help themselves. God through his son, Jesus, decided to save humanity, by taking our ETERNAL PUNISHMENT.
You know that when someone is being kidnapped and is about to be liberated, usually a RANSOM must be rendered before the kidnapped can be liberated. We were kidnapped by the devil, and for God to save us, he has to offer a RANSOM.
And the ransom must be a man because it was a man,adam, that lost everything, who will take on himself the ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of others. At this point, God searched among the people but couldn't find one without sin, who could carry out this mission, because, we ALL were in the same bondage, nobody had the power to deliver himself let alone delivering others.
So God decided to come by himself in the likeness of man, in the person of Jesus. But how sure are we that Jesus is really God? Isaiah 9:6"For to us a Child shall be born, to us a Son shall be given; And the government shall be upon His shoulder, And His name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLATING FATHER, Prince of Peace."
Jesus didn't pay for our sins, he, himself, IS THE PAYMENT FOR SIN. Glory!!!!
When he came, he saw that ALL MEN were already condemned to death because of sin, he decided to take our place.
At times, when preachers tell people about the message of the cross, they normally stop at the last paragraph. But, what happen there was not JUST what I wrote there.
To make you understand grace more, I have to break down the death of jesus here.
Note: the wages of sin is not ordinary death, rather death in hell(spiritual)
We were NOT forgiven because we were sorry for our sinful nature, or because we decided to be TRYING to live well or because of our prayer of forgiveness, these things does NOT WASH your sins away. We were forgiven because somebody decided to take the punishment of our eternal sins.
If a criminal is tried in a law court, proven guilty and condemned to death sentence. No matter how the criminal cries, begs, ask for forgiveness, it doesn't change the case. One thing that is certain is that JUSTICE must be done to the CRIME committed. The ONLY solution that can make the criminal to be forgiven, is that somebody WILLINGLY offered himself, to take up the punishment of the criminal, by being sentenced to death IN PLACE of the criminal. That's what happened in our case, but Jesus shed his blood for the forgiveness of our sins.
Stay in grace
Excellent explanation!! The Lord is your strength!!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
How did the sun stand still during Joshua's time because from my lessons, the sun is relatively static grin

Don't be ridiculous, scoffer! The sun represent the day just as the moon by night. The case in point was for daytime to remain for as long as it takes to finish what Joshua was doing. We have day and night because of the earth rotation, but the EMPHASIS here was DAYTIME represented by the sun! It would make no sense to say "Let the earth stood still" when the earth actually controls both day and night, and what Joshua needed here was the sun or day! Joshua wasn't in a geography class teaching geography student, hence, the static or non static of the sun doesn't arise.

And of course, there's what is called PERSONIFICATION in literature, and I'll advise you to go and learn its meaning!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by ValentineMary(m): 6:35pm On May 03, 2016
Splinz:

Don't be ridiculous, scoffer! The sun represent the day just as the moon by night. The case in point was for daytime to remain for as long as it takes to finish what Joshua was doing. We have day and night because of the earth rotation, but the EMPHASIS here was DAYTIME represented by the sun! It would make no sense to say "Let the earth stood still" when the earth actually controls both day and night, and what Joshua needed here was the sun or day! Joshua wasn't in a geography class teaching geography student, hence, the static or non static of the sun doesn't arise.

And of course, there's what is called PERSONIFICATION in literature, and I'll advise you to go and learn its meaning!
It seems u did not read d ans I gave those who said d same shit u said. Read above and quote me if u are fit enougg to ans

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 7:08pm On May 03, 2016
promise101:

I decided not to answer any atheist on this thread, but I just want to finally explain the confusion.

According to what you said, it was not God that narrated the incident, the incident was not received by revelation, rather it was an eye-witnessed incident. And it was written down, as witnessed.

So, the problem there was that, the eye-witnessed people weren't exposed to the kind of education we have now. That was why, they said it in that way, instead of saying that the earth stood still.

But, to show that it really happened, they knew that the earth stood still, but misinterpreted the event because they weren't exposed to the education we have now.

I take exception to this explanation! It is written, "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes"- Proverbs 26:4-5. Don't know if you understand what that means. You have to retract your statement, for it written again, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God", and this your explanation contradict this understanding because it suggest that God is liable to error, which is impossible! Joshua and the believers understood the context upon which that statement was used, and the unbelievers and scoffers have no business whatsoever in it!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 7:17pm On May 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

It seems u did not read d ans I gave those who said d same shit u said. Read above and quote me if u are fit enougg to ans

I can't answer a fool according to his folly, lest I be just like him. Go and reason with your likes, for we have nothing in common.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

Okay let me get it straight, God ment to say d Earth stood still but he could not tell d difference between the earth and d sun

God didn't write the Bible... He didn't even translate it. Nice try, but you didn't sound bright while at it.

If he was speaking figuratively, why not he just speak plainly to man.

Again... There was a writer writing the accounts of that day, and he wasn't God.

If I come today and say "My house is in d sea" when what I ment is that my house is on d ground floor, how do I expect my audience to know d interpretation

Your audience will be stupefied, because You totally made no sense at all. Meanwhile, you translated something totally different from what you wanna say.

Accept it, the bible is d work of some deranged primitive Jews

Accept it, you made no sense at all, not even in the faintest form, in fact your ignorance left me sooooooo amazed at how wide man's ignorance could stretch. Yours deserve an Oscar.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by ValentineMary(m): 9:28pm On May 03, 2016
Gombs:

God didn't write the Bible... He didn't even translate it. Nice try, but you didn't sound bright while at it.

Again... There was a writer writing the accounts of that day, and he wasn't God.

Your audience will be stupefied, because You totally made no sense at all. Meanwhile, you translated something totally different from what you wanna say.

Accept it, you made no sense at all, not even in the faintest form, in fact your ignorance left me sooooooo amazed at how wide man's ignorance could stretch. Yours deserve an Oscar.

Waw u are so smart that u can't understand simple logic. I give up on u· Study christian theology well. U don't know obviously that some christians believe that God used d writers as an instrument to write d bible. And obviously u don't know what figurative means.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 10:37pm On May 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

Waw u are so smart that u can't understand simple logic.

Save your logic for the lads in science and technology section.

I give up on u·

I dint know you believed in me. Thanks though

Study christian theology well. U don't know obviously that some christians believe that God used d writers as an instrument to write d bible.

Study well, you'd know there were writers then there were translators.

And obviously u don't know what figurative means.

Ouch! I must have hit a nerve.

Sorry ma'am.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 2:01am On May 04, 2016
Splinz:

Thank you! And now, did you say the Law has been abolished? If yes, which of the law, the one that actually defined sin or some other law? As usual, please provide your answers strictly scripturally based.
1. Yes of course, it was abolished together with sin.
There is no more sin and law!

EP 2:14-16. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of
partition between us;
15. Having ABOLISHED IN HIS FLESH THE ENMITY(sin), even
the law of COMMANDMENTS(10) contained in ORDINANCES(630+); for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, HAVING SLAIN(abolished) THE ENMITY(sin) thereby:

2 COR 3:7-14. But if the ministration of death,
written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
11. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
13. And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face,
that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is ABOLISHED:
14. But their minds were blinded: for until this day
remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

COL 2:14. BLOTTING OUT the handwriting of ORDINANCE(law) that was against us, which was contrary to us, and TOOK IT OUT OF THE WAY, NAILING(abolishing) IT TO HIS CROSS.;

RO 10: 4. For Christ is the END of the law for
righteousness to every one that BELIEVETH.

RO 7: 6. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

HEB 7:18 For there is verily a DISANNULLING of the
commandment going before for the weakness and
unprofitableness thereof.

Romans 4:15 KJV
15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where NO LAW is, there is NO TRANSGRESSION.

We can see from the Scriptures above, the Law has
been TERMINATED. Consequently, there is no more
SIN(transgression).

Romans 5:13 KJV
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is
not imputed when there is no law.

Since the Law has been terminated, sin is NOT
imputed anymore. It is under the blood of Jesus.

Romans 7:8 KJV
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment,
wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For
without the law sin was dead.

Since the Law has been TERMINATED, sin is now dead. There you have it: there is no transgression, sin is no longer imputed and sin is dead.

If we transgress those laws, it is sin but it is not imputed on us. And it happens everyday of our life,if we can go and check ourselves with the old law.

2. In the book of 1john, john talked about the law and commandment. But he NEVER said that the commandments are the one that was abolished. See the commandment of the believers he was talking about.

1john 3:23;"His COMMANDMENTS are that we should BELIEVE(faith alone) in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another—as we used to hear him say in person.

His ONLY commandments is to BELIEVE in Jesus and love one another. His new commandment is not the same with the OT laws. OT commandment are based on works of right living, but the NT commandment is based on FAITH alone.

When he went further to say, "love one another" he was NOT talking about sinlessness. Among the grace believers, there is always an AMAZING love in our midst, that many law abiding believers can never have. Love is something normal to us, but does it mean that we are now perfect in love? NEVER!

At times, things that can hinder us from loving can occur, as the human beings we are. In that case, though it is sin, we are not condemned because it has been abolished on his flesh at the cross.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 8:36am On May 04, 2016
Peritus:
1. How do you reconcile grace with Matt.5:21-48, where Christ made drastic changes on the old law (Exodus 20), thereby establishing new laws which though of the spirit center on good work?
2. What becomes of one who breaks those Christ's commandments in Matt.5 and the New commandment of love in Jn 13:34, but believes in grace? In other words, one who do not love his neighbours nor enemies, but claims grace. Reconcile it with 1Jn 4:8 that says that if one has no love, he know not God, for God is love.
3. Do you pay tithe?
4. James 2:17, faith without good work is dead being alone. vs 24 you see then, how that by work man is justified not by faith only. These verses suggest that though we are made perfect by grace through faith, but faith cannot stand alone without good work.
5. Jude vs 4 says that some men have slipped into our midst who pervert the teachings of grace to excuse their lasciviousness.

5. Let's look into what Jude said.

Jude 1:4;"Some people have slipped in among you
unnoticed. Not long ago they were CONDEMNED in
writing for the following reason: They are people to
WHOM GOD MEANS NOTHING. They use God's
kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom and
DENY our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ."

Let's study the verse;

1. He said;".....they were condemned....."

Why were they condemned? Because they were unbelievers; people who DON'T BELIEVE in the son of God.

John 3:18;"18 He that BELIEVETH on him is NOT CONDEMNED: but he that BELIEVETH NOT is CONDEMNED ALREADY, BECAUSE he hath NO BELIEVED in the name of the only BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD."

2. He said;"....they were people who GOD means NOTHING...."

That means they were more like the atheists, who don't believe in God.

3. "...They use God's kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom and DENY our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ."

The biblical greek meaning of Kindness is grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ(God).

NOTE: These false teachers he was talking about, does not believe in Jesus, think that God does not exist(making God nothing), and went on to DENY that Jesus is not lord.

4. He said;".....They use God's kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom....."

Now, Jude was not talking about preachers of grace, not at all!

Because there is NO difference between what genuine grace preachers and what paul preached.

God's grace is not a license to sin, rather a license to receive the gift of NO condemnation without the deed of the law.

However, if he was talking about grace preachers like paul who preach against keeping of the law, righteousness by faith, eternal salvation, which is really BIBLICALLY true; he wouldn't have said that the people he was talking about were condemned already, that we don't believe in God(atheism) and that they deny Jesus. NOT AT ALL!

The mistake people make with that verse is that they don't put into consideration, the whole context of
the verse. And they will only end up understanding ONLY the verse that says;".....They use God's kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom....." Which misinterprets gospel preachers because we don't make God's grace a sexual freedom.

Let's go through questions;

1. How can these people who deny God, use his kindness an excuse?

If they are using it consciously, then it means that they have the belief that there is God, but when they do it ignorantly they deny God, though they are under his kindness.

Now, you have to know that God shows kindness both to the believer and unbelievers. People who deny God are IGNORANT of this truth, that's why they pervert it IGNORANTLY by living a life of sexual freedom.

So jude was talking about false teachers, who he said, don't believe in God and deny Jesus and are deceiving people in church.

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Peritus(m): 9:24am On May 04, 2016
promise101:

5. Let's look into what Jude said.

Jude 1:4;"Some people have slipped in among you
unnoticed. Not long ago they were CONDEMNED in
writing for the following reason: They are people to
WHOM GOD MEANS NOTHING. They use God's
kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom and
DENY our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ."

Let's study the verse;

1. He said;".....they were condemned....."

Why were they condemned? Because they were unbelievers; people who DON'T BELIEVE in the son of God.

John 3:18;"18 He that BELIEVETH on him is NOT CONDEMNED: but he that BELIEVETH NOT is CONDEMNED ALREADY, BECAUSE he hath NO BELIEVED in the name of the only BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD."

2. He said;"....they were people who GOD means NOTHING...."

That means they were more like the atheists, who don't believe in God.

3. "...They use God's kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom and DENY our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ."

The biblical greek meaning of Kindness is grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ(God).

NOTE: These false teachers he was talking about, does not believe in Jesus, think that God does not exist(making God nothing), and went on to DENY that Jesus is not lord.

4. He said;".....They use God's kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom....."

Now, Jude was not talking about preachers of grace, not at all!

Because there is NO difference between what genuine grace preachers and what paul preached.

God's grace is not a license to sin, rather a license to receive the gift of NO condemnation without the deed of the law.

However, if he was talking about grace preachers like paul who preach against keeping of the law, righteousness by faith, eternal salvation, which is really BIBLICALLY true; he wouldn't have said that the people he was talking about were condemned already, that we don't believe in God(atheism) and that they deny Jesus. NOT AT ALL!

The mistake people make with that verse is that they don't put into consideration, the whole context of
the verse. And they will only end up understanding ONLY the verse that says;".....They use God's kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom....." Which misinterprets gospel preachers because we don't make God's grace a sexual freedom.

Let's go through questions;

1. How can these people who deny God, use his kindness an excuse?

If they are using it consciously, then it means that they have the belief that there is God, but when they do it ignorantly they deny God, though they are under his kindness.

Now, you have to know that God shows kindness both to the believer and unbelievers. People who deny God are IGNORANT of this truth, that's why they pervert it IGNORANTLY by living a life of sexual freedom.

So jude was talking about false teachers, who he said, don't believe in God and deny Jesus and are deceiving people in church.

I cant fault your submission. I'm particularly in love with your statement that, "God's grace is not a license to sin, rather a license to receive the gift of NO condemnation without the deed of the law."
Do you believe in once under grace, always under grace (even when one turns around)? If you do, reconcile it with these:
1.Hebrews 12:14-16, which says we should "pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone FALL SHORT of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many BECOME DEFILED; lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright”.
2. Galatians 5:4: “You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have FALLEN from grace.
3. 1 Corinthians 10:12 “Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he FALL".
4. 1 Corinthians 9:27 “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a CAST AWAY.
5. 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will DEPART from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons.
I understand from above that grace could be lost due to future unrepentant actions, and/or reverting back to justification by the law. Do you have any contrary view sir?
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 11:49am On May 04, 2016
Promise101, i have read through your writings lately and find it worrisome that you're delving out of lane. For example

you cant just wholly write that the law was COMPLETELY TERMINATED, for we know the aspect of the law that was abolished, Paul even said the law was good, in fact, he taught on some of these retained laws, a good example is found in Ephesians 6:1-2.

my question is, what was Paul trying to prove, when he quoted elements of the law (not the aspect abolished by Jesus now)? If the law was wholly terminated, where then does Ephesians 6:1-2 falls?

i saw this line, and I paused

Since the Law has been TERMINATED, sin is now dead. There you have it: there is no transgression, sin is no longer imputed and sin is dead.

Do you know why CHRISTIANS are dead to sin? Sin is dead? undecided undecided undecided

The christian is DEAD TO SIN, and alive to God, because all of us were born "dead in sin", before we can ever hope to be "dead to sin,". Paul writes in Ephesians 2:1 that before we became Christians, we were all "dead in [our] transgressions and sins." Of course he does not mean that we are physically dead. Rather, the life of a person who has not experienced new life in Christ is characterized by spiritual death. This means that person is separated from God's salvation.

I really don't understand how you arrived at sin is dead!, that is very different from "dead to sin"

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2016
promise101:

1. Yes of course, it was abolished together with sin.
There is no more sin and law!

EP 2:14-16. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of
partition between us;
15. Having ABOLISHED IN HIS FLESH THE ENMITY(sin), even
the law of COMMANDMENTS(10) contained in ORDINANCES(630+); for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, HAVING SLAIN(abolished) THE ENMITY(sin) thereby:

2 COR 3:7-14. But if the ministration of death,
written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
11. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
13. And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face,
that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is ABOLISHED:
14. But their minds were blinded: for until this day
remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

COL 2:14. BLOTTING OUT the handwriting of ORDINANCE(law) that was against us, which was contrary to us, and TOOK IT OUT OF THE WAY, NAILING(abolishing) IT TO HIS CROSS.;

RO 10: 4. For Christ is the END of the law for
righteousness to every one that BELIEVETH.

RO 7: 6. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

HEB 7:18 For there is verily a DISANNULLING of the
commandment going before for the weakness and
unprofitableness thereof.

Romans 4:15 KJV
15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where NO LAW is, there is NO TRANSGRESSION.

We can see from the Scriptures above, the Law has
been TERMINATED. Consequently, there is no more
SIN(transgression).

Romans 5:13 KJV
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is
not imputed when there is no law.

Since the Law has been terminated, sin is NOT
imputed anymore. It is under the blood of Jesus.

Romans 7:8 KJV
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment,
wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For
without the law sin was dead.

If we transgress those laws, it is sin but it is not imputed on us. And it happens everyday of our life,if we can go and check ourselves with the old law.

2. In the book of 1john, john talked about the law and commandment. But he NEVER said that the commandments are the one that was abolished. See the commandment of the believers he was talking about.

1john 3:23;"His COMMANDMENTS are that we should BELIEVE(faith alone) in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another—as we used to hear him say in person.

His ONLY commandments is to BELIEVE in Jesus and love one another. His new commandment is not the same with the OT laws. OT commandment are based on works of right living, but the NT commandment is based on FAITH alone.

When he went further to say, "love one another" he was NOT talking about sinlessness. Among the grace believers, there is always an AMAZING love in our midst, that many law abiding believers can never have. Love is something normal to us, but does it mean that we are now perfect in love? NEVER!

At times, things that can hinder us from loving can occur, as the human beings we are. In that case, though it is sin, we are not condemned because it has been abolished on his flesh at the cross.

"Yes of course, it was abolished together with sin. There is no more sin and law!". I've not bothered reading your long epistles churned out of context, just after reading your above statement. There's no more SIN God, what delusion! You mean you actually went this extreme just to hold on to your false preconceived ideas

Initially I thought we could reason together, but not again. For it is written, "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with LAWLESSNESS? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an UNBELIEVER?- 2 Corinthians 6:14-15. So you see, we're two side of a coin. One is a lawless one, and the other, the very opposite. And like Paul, I ask, what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? Certainly none!

And lastly, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us"- 1 John 1:8. Having scrutinized you in light of the scriptures, I make bold to say that you're a willing tool of Satan, perverting God's word! And I surely wanna offer you this advice of Apostle Peter and prayed you heed it, "Repent, therefore, of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intent of your heart may be forgiven you"- Acts 8:22.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2016
Gombs:
Promise101, i have read through your writings lately and find it worrisome that you're delving out of lane. For example

you cant just wholly write that the law was COMPLETELY TERMINATED, for we know the aspect of the law that was abolished, Paul even said the law was good, in fact, he taught on some of these retained laws, a good example is found in Ephesians 6:1-2.

my question is, what was Paul trying to prove, when he quoted elements of the law (not the aspect abolished by Jesus now)? If the law was wholly terminated, where then does Ephesians 6:1-2 falls?

Do you know why CHRISTIANS are dead to sin? Sin is dead? undecided undecided undecided

The christian is DEAD TO SIN, and alive to God, because all of us were born "dead in sin", before we can ever hope to be "dead to sin,". Paul writes in Ephesians 2:1 that before we became Christians, we were all "dead in [our] transgressions and sins." Of course he does not mean that we are physically dead. Rather, the life of a person who has not experienced new life in Christ is characterized by spiritual death. This means that person is separated from God's salvation.

I really don't understand how you arrived at sin is dead!, that is very different from "dead to sin"

Delving out of lane is a small matter cos he can be put back on track. But unfortunately, he's actually lost! Pray for the delusional mind. Perhaps, God's mercy may rescue him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2016
Splinz:

Delving out of lane is a small matter cos he can be put back on track. But unfortunately, he's actually lost! Pray for the delusional mind. Perhaps, God's mercy may rescue him.

I find this common with most grace preachers... Alot of them really take it to the extreme. Some folks here took time out to assemble "grace convention"... It's an eyesore considering their submissions, though not all were wrong.

Promise is doing fine, I'm sure he'd retrace his steps.

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by cloudgoddess(f): 8:04pm On May 04, 2016
ValentineMary:

Is that another way of saying my bible got it wrong but I don't want to say it?
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by cloudgoddess(f): 8:11pm On May 04, 2016
Gombs:

God didn't write the Bible... He didn't even translate it.
So why accept any of it as valid?
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 8:22pm On May 04, 2016
Gombs:

I find this common with most grace preachers... Alot of them really take it to the extreme. Some folks here took time out to assemble "grace convention"... It's an eyesore considering their submissions, though not all were wrong.

It's really a very pathetic situation! All what they do is to search the scriptures for verses that seems to support their preconceived ideas, and then churn out these verses distorted and out of context, therefore misleading 'babies' in the process.

How can a supposed Christian say there's no more sin? This statement alone has exposed who he is- a liar and deceiver! If there's no more sin, then lets kill, fornicate, commit adultery, steal, worship false gods, etc. After all, isn't the Law done away and sin no more? What delusion!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 6:41am On May 05, 2016
cloudgoddess:

So why accept any of it as valid?

I wonder where y'all get your reasoning skills from! I said God didn't write the Bible, neither did He translate it... How does this imply He didn't inspire the writers? For example, how did you think the book of Genesis (details of creation) was written down?

Oh! Yeah... You're an atheist. I forgot the big bang or evolution is the core of your beliefs of how creation started. Great!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by cloudgoddess(f): 3:54pm On May 05, 2016
Gombs:

I wonder where y'all get your reasoning skills from! I said God didn't write the Bible, neither did He translate it... How does this imply He didn't inspire the writers? For example, how did you think the book of Genesis (details of creation) was written down?

Oh! Yeah... You're an atheist. I forgot the big bang or evolution is the core of your beliefs of how creation started. Great!
Stay on track. You argued that the flaws in the bible exist because God was not the author. Then you turn around and say the parts that you have decided are valid, must be so because God inspired the bible.

Basically, you're using special pleading to defend the sections of the bible that you personally find legitimate, and there are of course Christians out there who would argue that some of the ones you think are valid are actually invalid, etc. Hence the 33,000 denominations of Christianity that exist, and the constant bickering that goes on in NL between Christians over the validity/application of certain scriptures. It's empty cherry-picking, driven by your own confirmation biases.

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 5:07pm On May 05, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Stay on track. You argued that the flaws in the bible exist because God was not the author.

I never said He wasn't the author. I mean, the fact that He inspired some folks to write down stuffs, doesn't make Him non-author. I gave Genesis as an example.

Then you turn around and say the parts that you have decided are valid, must be so because God inspired the bible.

You must have been seeing things.

Basically, you're using special pleading to defend the sections of the bible that you personally find legitimate, and there are of course Christians out there who would argue that some of the ones you think are valid are actually invalid, etc.

I read the above like 5 times and couldn't make a head or tail outta it.

Hence the 33,000 denominations of Christianity that exist,

It still doesn't mean God isn't the author of the Bible.

and the constant bickering that goes on in NL between Christians over the validity/application of certain scriptures.

So, atheists don't argue about stuffs? I remember one thread where they were considering evolution or big bang or something else being the inception of life and the universe. Twas then I now deduced that y'all are still confused about the real creator - God.

It's empty cherry-picking, driven by your own confirmation biases.

grin
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 8:51pm On May 05, 2016
Olodo, the sun has never been static. The sun moves but its movement round the orbit is infinitesimally low when compared to that of the earth and other planets. I remember telling my geography teacher then that the sun moves because nothing God created is ever static because Everything is in constant vibration.

Scientists didn't know this then, but they do now. Just like they once said the earth was flat. But the bible always said it was round. Nobody believed the bible until scientists came up with their new theory. So also scientists will one day discover GOD but in hell of course.
ValentineMary:
How did the sun stand still during Joshua's time because from my lessons, the sun is relatively static grin
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 8:54pm On May 05, 2016
Its not a form of writing. The sun actually moves. Don't know if the bible said "sun" but if it did then the bible is absolutely correct. Scientists have found out that the sun moves.

God's word is infallible.
Gombs:

It's a form of writing, and the writer meant that the earth stood still for Joshua to finish up the war at the time, so that it would not be evening and them enemies flee.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 8:56pm On May 05, 2016
The sun moves my dear! you can find something else to say now.
ValentineMary:

Is that another way of saying my bible got it wrong but I don't want to say it?
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 9:06pm On May 05, 2016
Revelation 22: 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters , and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Grace is not a gateway ticket to heaven.

The above is one of the last verses in the bible. Not in the old testament. You won't get into heaven without holiness and righteousness otherwise God wouldn't have said this

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord,
shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that
doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22" Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have
we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name
have cast out devils? and in thy name done many
wonderful works?

23" And then will I profess unto them, I never knew
you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by ValentineMary(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2016
Amberon:
Olodo, the sun has never been static. The sun moves but its movement round the orbit is infinitesimally low when compared to that of the earth and other planets. I remember telling my geography teacher then that the sun moves because nothing God created is ever static because Everything is in constant vibration.

Scientists didn't know this then, but they do now. Just like they once said the earth was flat. But the bible always said it was round. Nobody believed the bible until scientists came up with their new theory. So also scientists will one day discover GOD but in hell of course.
When I say some people can't read, they would say am lying. I said RELATIVELY STATIC for a reason
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 11:20pm On May 05, 2016
Peritus:

I cant fault your submission. I'm particularly in love with your statement that, "God's grace is not a license to sin, rather a license to receive the gift of NO condemnation without the deed of the law."
Do you believe in once under grace, always under grace (even when one turns around)? If you do, reconcile it with these:
1.Hebrews 12:14-16, which says we should "pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone FALL SHORT of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many BECOME DEFILED; lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright”.
2. Galatians 5:4: “You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have FALLEN from grace.
3. 1 Corinthians 10:12 “Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he FALL".
4. 1 Corinthians 9:27 “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a CAST AWAY.
5. 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will DEPART from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons.
I understand from above that grace could be lost due to future unrepentant actions, and/or reverting back to justification by the law. Do you have any contrary view sir?
1. Heb 12:14-16;"14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and TO BE HOLY; without HOLINESS no one will see the Lord.
15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
16 See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal "

We are not making every effort to live in peace with everybody, to see God(eternal life), rather we are to be holy before we can see God.

Peaceful living is NOT a criteria to earn eternal life(see God). If peaceful living makes us get eternal life, then what of people who are not christians but they live in peace, does it mean they will see God? Absolutely not!

The reason why we should live in peace is because it is what is expected of us, and NOT a criteria to see God. Otherwise, doesn't that make eternal life look like a REWARD for peaceful living? Eternal life is a free gift!

The criteria to see God is HOLINESS/righteousness/justification.

The biblical greek meaning of holiness is sacredness.

Now, we have to point out what kind of holiness is that. However, the ONLY holiness or righteousness that can make you see God is the holiness of God HIMSELF. The holiness that makes God PERFECT.

There is NO DOUBT that no one can live and prove by his works of righteousness, to be as SACRED as God. Just, think about how sacred God is, before you can agree with me on that. Until a man is as sacred as God he can NEVER see God.

Matt 5:48;"Be ye therefore PERFECT as your father in heaven is perfect"

Was jesus saying that sinless perfection by WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, is what makes us perfect? No!

The holiness of God which we MUST have is not right living(works) or our HYPOCRITICAL works of sinless perfection. These things are works of the law, which won't take anybody to anywhere.

Gal 3:11;"But that NO MAN IS MADE RIGHTEOUS(justified) BY THE LAW OF RIGHTEOUSNESS(right living) in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live BY FAITH(believing)."

Right living is YOUR OWN righteousness and holiness which is NEVER perfect as GOD'S.

Jesus is the PERFECT HOLINESS of the believers!

Our righteousness and holiness is not works of right living, but Jesus. That's why it is imputed on us on the BASIS OF FAITH ALONE.

1cor 1:30;"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God IS MADE UNTO US wisdom, and righteousness, and HOLINESS, and redemption:"

Phil 3:9;" and may be found in Him [BELIEVING AND RELYING on Him], NOT HAVING ANY RIGHTEOUSNESS OF MY OWN derived from [my obedience to] the Law of God and its rituals, but [possessing] that [GENUINE RIGHTEOUSNESS] which comes through
FAITH(believing) IN CHRIST, the righteousness which comes from God on the BASIS OF FAITH.

Jesus is our holiness and righteousness. Anybody who believes in christ, on him is this righteousness of Jesus(himself) imputed , WITHOUT THE DEED of the law.

Rom 3:28;"Therefore we CONCLUDE that a man is MADE RIGHTEOUS(justified) BY FAITH WITHOUT THE DEED OF THE LAW."

Rom 4:5;"But to him that WORKETH NOT(works of righteousness), but BELIEVETH on him that justifieth the ungodly, HIS FAITH IS COUNTED(imputed) FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Now, let's go to verse 15;"15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."

As I said before, what can make a believer fall from grace is relying on their works, rather than KEEPING ON in believing. And I showed you a scriptural proof on that.

So the verse 15 was saying that we should see to it that no one is losing hope in believing or relying in his works, which can make the person fall from grace.

And as well also see to it, that no bitter root grows up to cause problem and defile many.

How can bitter root defile many before God? Bitter roots can defile many before God, when they loose hope in their "BELIEVING" in christ maybe out of depression, disagreement and frustration and anger between his fellow christian brethen. And going on to think that his faith in christ is useless.

How can bitter roots defile many before man? Before we can answer this, we have to note that we are justified by our WORKS of righteousness BEFORE MEN. We christians can look defiled before men, when bitter roots, such as troubles and disagreements, affects our works of righteousness negatively, which people around us require as the proof of our salvation.

Verse 16;"16 See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal "

The above means that we should also see that we are not sexually immoral or godless(atheism), which can render our faith useless before men. Being sexually immoral in that context is when a person has DECIDED and AGREED to VOLUNTARY give his body to sex as a TOOL, that's prostitution, which is quite different from falling into a temptation of sex. If you still couldn't get this, you can ask more question on this.

2. The only thing that can easily make a believer fall from grace is when the believer starts to rely on his works of righteousness(law). Thereby, no more relying on the FAITH in christ.

Gal 5:4;"Christ is become of NO EFFECT unto you, whosoever of you are MADE RIGHTEOUS(justified) BY THE LAW; ye are
FALLEN FROM GRACE"

3. 1cor 10:12-13;"12 Wherefore let him that THINKETH he standeth take heed lest he FALL.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is COMMON to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

"FALL" in that context means falling INTO TEMPTATION, which is difference from falling from grace. He was talking about temptation. In verse 13, he said that temptation taking us is COMMON to man. Why? Because we were not, we are not and can never be perfect by right living.

Falling into temptation, leads NOWHERE but sin. Someone can fall into temptation of sin, but still in grace.

Paul FELL into temptation, abraham(the father of faith) fell into temptation via ishmeal, moses fell many times, peter fell MANY TIMES, but they NEVER fell from grace. No one is above falling into temptation.

4. 1cor 9:24-27;"24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the PRIZE? Run in such a way as to get the PRIZE.
25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get A CROWN that will not last, but we do it to get A CROWN THAT WILL LAST FOREVER.
26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be DISQUALIFIED FOR THE PRIZE."

The above passage, is one of the most MISINTERPRETED passages of the scriptures anti-grace preachers use to subject people to works of the law as a means of entering heaven, and as well subjecting them to the curse of the law.

To understand what MY VERY SPIRITUAL FATHER Paul was saying, I had to capitalise the word "PRIZE", "CROWN THAT LASTS FOREVER" and "DISQUALIFIED FOR THE PRIZE".

Please, this is very simple to understand!

Prize means reward.

Anti-grace preachers make a GIFT to look like a reward.

The reward we believers are striving for, through work of faith, is "A CROWN THAT LASTS FOREVER".

The FREE GIFT of God is eternal life, which you can never merit, which grants you access to the kingdom. If you like STRIVE by works of righteousness, you can NEVER EARN it, that's why God was NOT foolish to make it a FREE GIFT.

Rom 6:23;"For the wages of sin is death(which jesus has paid for, by taking the punishment of our eternal sins which gives us eternal salvation- heb 5:9), but the FREE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Gift of eternal life is by grace(faith), but a PRIZE is what you EARN/MERIT by your WORKS OF FAITH. Works of faith is different from works of righteousness. Works of righteousness is anything you do, with the MOTIVE of maintaining and appearing righteous before God. But, works of faith, is NOT what you do to look righteous, because you are ALREADY righteous by your faith(believing) in christ, rather they are works you perform OUT OF FAITH you have in christ. And that is not calling for sinless perfection by works of righteousness. They are works performed by the PERSUASION you have in the faith of christ. And the real work paul was roughly subjecting his body to, was the work of PREACHING the gospel.

He was not preaching the gospel as a means of looking righteous before God, he was preaching the gospel OUT OF THE FAITH and persuasion he has in christ's ability to save lives.

Now, for you to BE in the race(saved) AT FIRST, you must have eternal life which comes through your faith in christ. For you to WIN the race you have to LABOUR by doing all WORKS you are destined to do by your faith in christ. And even when you fall, you may be disqualified from getting your REWARD(crown) but your gift(eternal life) CAN NEVER be taken away from you.

To understand what paul was saying better, let me also use a like passage to explain more.

1cor 3:14-15;"If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a REWARD(crown of life).
15 If it is burned up, the builder will SUFFER loss but YET WILL BE SAVED— even though only as one escaping through the flames."

Paul said here that whosoever that survives will receive a REWARD. And according to the 1cor 9:24-27, the reward there is NOT eternal life(gift of God) but a CROWN that lasts forever.

And to show you that the person is still saved even when he loses; paul says in the above verse 15, that the person will suffer loss.

The word "SUFFER LOSS" in the context has been misinterpreted by many anti-grace preachers. The word "suffer loss" in the context means, suffering loss of HIS REWARD(crown)! And not suffering loss of the FREE GIFT of God that was given on the basis of FAITH.

And to prove that the person will be saved from damnation, though he is suffering loss of the reward; paul said;"....but YET WILL BE SAVED..."

So in 1cor 9:27; paul was NOT saying that he will be cast away from getting into heaven(gift of eternal life) rather he was saying that he may be cast away(disqualified) for getting his reward.

5. 1tim 4:1-2;"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith(believing) and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through HYPOCRITICAL LAIRS, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

The above is what is mostly seen in pastors who preach works of sinless perfection and anti-grace preachers. Making people to abandon their BELIEVING, which is in christ and follow doctrines of demons. Any gospel you hear, which doesn't make any relevance to the finished work of christ, is a DOCTRINE OF DEMONS. And the most widely spread doctrine of demons is the heretic of sinless perfection by works = eternal life. How does that make relevance of the sacrifice of christ.

And finally, verse 2 says that such teachings comes through HYPOCRITICAL LAIRS. Imagine a pastor telling you, that he is now sinless perfect by his works of righteousness, or that if you don't pay tithe then you can never go to heaven, while the preacher is having million and billions in his account. Is that not a sign of hypocrisy?

Stay in grace alone!

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 11:31pm On May 05, 2016
Amberon:
Revelation 22: 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters , and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Grace is not a gateway ticket to heaven.

The above is one of the last verses in the bible. Not in the old testament. You won't get into heaven without holiness and righteousness otherwise God wouldn't have said this

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord,
shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that
doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22" Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have
we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name
have cast out devils? and in thy name done many
wonderful works?

23" And then will I profess unto them, I never knew
you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

"Depart from me, ye that work iniquity". There it is- sin! And a so-called grace preacher wickedly dismissed sin as no more, just to hold on to his traditions & ideas (Mark 7:7-10).

Please pray for the misguided soul.

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 11:44pm On May 05, 2016
Amberon:
Its not a form of writing. The sun actually moves. Don't know if the bible said "sun" but if it did then the bible is absolutely correct. Scientists have found out that the sun moves.

God's word is infallible.

Joshua 10:13 New International Version
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

Notice that the moon stopped, If the moon stops revolving around earth, there will be many changes on earth. First of all, the tides and currents system of oceans will not occur. As the result of it, there will be no water movement and this halt various processes of the living species like breeding or migrations. Due to this, oxygen released by phytoplankton will no longer supplied efficiently.
The astronomical phenomenon like solar and lunar eclipse will not happen. Also earths gravitational will be disturbed.

Now, you implied that the movement of the sun is relatively insignificant, meaning, the earth did stop rotating (I don't want to bother you with the geography), and the moon stopped, keeping the sun in the middle of the sky with grave consequences.

So yeah... The sun standing still was a form of writing, as you could see that the Bible said the moon stopped, and since the sun was at the middle for long, it meant the earth stopped too.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 1:58am On May 06, 2016
Gombs:

Please, I beg you. We are not here to argue but to dialogue. If you want me to argue with you, then I may not reply your comments again. Christians don't argue, we dialogue.

Please, you can ask any question on my writings that are out of lane. No long post please, just ask questions. That's the purpose of this thread.

You said this;"..for we know the aspect of the law that was abolished.."

I find the above statement as an ignorant statement. Please, no matter the level of knowledge you have about the law and grace, you can NEVER be too old to be corrected. Let us not allow our foolishness to prove itself to be wiser than God.

I said in my former comment, that ALL the laws were abolished, including the 10 commandments. But you are getting mad at that.

Please, this is God's word, if you argue with God's word, you are directly arguing with him. I am going to show you a scriptural proof, but if you still don't believe, the best solution is to pray and ask God what happened. At worst, you can tear out the verse from your bible, in case you don't like the fact that the bible says so.

Eph 2:15;"Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the ENMITY(sin), even the law of COMMANDMENTS(10) contained in ordinances(630+); for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

I don't just know why you are having a hard time with this verse. Is it because it included the 10 laws of commandment? Please, if prayer cannot help you accept this truth, you can tear this verse out of your bible. Period!

Let's look at one of the chapters where paul talked about law.

Rom 7:1-13;
1 know the law,)how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is BOUND by the law to her husband so long as he liveth ; but if the husband be dead , she is LOOSED from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth , she be married to another man, she shall be called an ADULTERESS: but if her husband be dead , she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of
Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the MOTIONS OF SIN, WHICH WERE BY THE LAW, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held ; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid . Nay, I HAD NOT KNOW SIN, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said , Thou shalt not covet .
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT LAW SIN WAS DEAD.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the COMMANDMENT CAME , SIN REVIVED, and I died .
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I FOUND TO BE UNTO DEATH.
11 For sin, taking occasion BY THE COMMANDMENT, DECIEVED ME, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me BY THAT WHICH IS GOOD(law); that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful."

In the above, paul from verse 1-4;faulted anyone who is married to the living Jesus and at the same time married to the dead moses, as an adulterer. You can't be married to moses(works of the law) and be married to Jesus(faith). That's adultery!

I don't want to fault you as an adulterer, but you just fell under the category. You are shouting grace but still observing the law. The bible made it clear that law(works) and faith(grace) does not work together.

Gal 3:12;"But the LAW HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FAITH. Instead, "The person who keeps the commandments will have life in them."

Is the 10 laws of commandments no more law? Yes, it is! And the bible made it clear that it has NOTHING to do with faith(grace). Very simple to understand!

No one said that the law is sin. According to verse 12, it says that the law of commandment is good, holy and just. But the problem is the effect of law on us, which was the reason why it was abolished.

Problem 1: Motions of sins are INSPIRED by the holy law. See vs 5.

Problem 2: The holy law is NOT sin but by the holy law is the knowledge and power of sin. See vs 7 and rom 3:20.
Rom 3:20; "20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE(power) OF SIN."

Problem 3: Without the holy law, sin is DEAD. See vs 8.

Problem 4: We were alive before the holy law came, but when the holy law of COMMANDMENT came, it REVIVED SIN. See vs 9.

Problem 5: The holy law of commandment was given for a good purpose(to make man righteous), which is to give life, but we found it to be unto death. See verse 10.

Problem 6: Sin takes occasion BY THE HOLY COMMANDMENTS, and deceiving man. Making us think that we can never be righteous. See verse 11.

Problem 7: The holy law of commandment was good, even in it's purpose, but WORKS DEATH in us.

The above are the problems we see in ourselves when we try to keep the law. But at the end can not justify us. And for this reasons(and even many more), it was imperfect to carry out it's purpose, which is to make us righteous. So, it has to be abolished!

Let's look at the eph 6:1-2 you referred to;

One thing I love so much about paul's writings is that he was very conscious of the word he uses, to avoid people misinterpreting him.

Eph 6:1-2; "1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, FOR THIS IS RIGHT.
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:"

Before we explain this, we have to know what is works of the law. Works of the law is ANYTHING we do because of what the law says, that is, as a way of satisfying the law. When you do what is right BECAUSE the law says so, then those things are works of the law. Very simple!

Paul NEVER said that we should respect our parents, because the law says so(works of the law). If he should say "..because the law says so" then it contradicts him when he said that Jesus has abolished the 10 commandment in eph 2:15 and when he said that we are not under the works of the law. Therefore, making him a LAIR, because two opposite words cannot be coming out from one mouth. It is very satanic!

Paul said that we should honour our parents because THIS IS RIGHT!!!! Must you know the law before you know that honouring your parents is right?

The verse 2 is in NO WAY, different from verse 1, it adds NO EXTRA meaning to verse 1. In verse 2, he was trying to make us remember what the ABOLISHED law said about honouring our parents, that's why it was even include inside a parenthesis, just to make a reference.

Just like today; we don't go to church because the law says so(works of the law), we go to church because it is right.

You said this:"Do you know why CHRISTIANS are dead to sin? Sin is dead?"

If being dead to sin in your understanding is sinless perfection by works of righteousness, then it means that no man is yet dead to sin, including paul. Unless you want to act like hypocrites.

We are not dead to sin or dead in our sins and trespasses according to eph 2:1 because we live rightly(works of the law). Not at all!

we are dead to sin, and as well DEAD TO THE LAW, because we BELIEVE in christ who has destroyed the works of devil(sin) through law, by being made the CURSE OF THE LAW OF COMMADMENT on our behalf at the cross and also been made righteousness and holiness on our behalf from the time of his resurrection.

Sin is dead? Law is dead? Yes of course!

Rom 7:4&8; "4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become DEAD TO THE LAW BY THE BODY OF CHRIST; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT LAW SIN WAS DEAD."

If you don't believe this, just go and question God. If you get no reply, you can tear the passage out of your bible. Very simple!

If you are having any contradiction, please put up a scriptural proof to disprove it.

Stay in grace alone!

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 2:01am On May 06, 2016
Gombs:

Please, ask any question that you are seeing as harmful among grace preachers.

I am preaching my own gospel of Jesus(grace) on the basis of the scriptures here.

When you are contrary to any idea, you can put up biblical verses. Thank you.

Stay in grace alone!

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 3:11am On May 06, 2016
Splinz:

Please, it looks foolish when you are disproving biblical facts with NO biblical proof.

Please, show up any biblical proof to disprove my point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Having A Gallon Of Kerosene / Confession Of A Former Santeria Secret Society Cult Member In Nigeria, Chuku Dal / Karma Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 262
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.