Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax (1100 Views)

The Chicken Fed Primary School Pupils In Cross River - Ifere Paul (Photo) / Nasarawa Governor Al-Makura Meets Okada Man Carrying 5 Pupils On One Bike (Pics / Bill To Lower Age To Contest In Elections Passes First Reading In NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Does constitution support it in Nigeria for pupils not up to 18 years of age to be paying taxes while their parents are also paying taxes every month. In Ekiti state, each pupils are to pay tax in each section of the three terms. From nursery school to secondary school. Is it lawful, does constitution support it in Nigeria?. I need more light on it.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
Everybody already pays tax, from the eight year old handed money to buy biscuits to the CEO who handles community taxes for his office's location. Once money leaves your hand for payment of a good or service you've been taxed.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
charix:
Everybody already pays tax, from the eight year old handed money to buy biscuits to the CEO who handles community taxes for his office's location. Once money leaves your hand for payment of a good or service you've been taxed.
Am talking about little students that re yet to work , is it lawful for them to pay tax
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
stphn:
Am talking about little students that re yet to work , is it lawful for them to pay tax
If the money goes to useful applications I don't see why not. Taxing students means a minor increase in their tuition fees as such should get carried out in a way only a little pinch is felt.
No one expects under 18s to start getting employment to pay off student taxes. Its obvious any extra expenditure must come from the parents.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by adadadon(m): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
stphn:
Does constitution support it in Nigeria for pupils not up to 18 years of age to be paying taxes while their parents are also paying taxes every month. In Ekiti state, each pupils are to pay tax in each section of the three terms. From nursery school to secondary school. Is it lawful, does constitution support it in Nigeria?. I need more light on it.
It is unlawful S17 of the Companies income tax act 2004 States that no ecclesiastical institution should pay taxes to the government......
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
charix:

If the money goes to useful applications I don't see why not. Taxing students means a minor increase in their tuition fees as such should get carried out in a way only a little pinch is felt.
No one expects under 18s to start getting employment to pay off student taxes. Its obvious any extra expenditure must come from the parents.
They are nursery, primary school pupils not institution and also different from school fees
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
adadadon:

It is unlawful S17 of the Companies income tax act 2004 States that no ecclesiastical institution should pay taxes to the government......
This is what i wanna known but nobody to challenge the idea
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
stphn:
They are nursery, primary school pupils not institution and also different from school fees
...your point is?
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2016
charix:

...your point is?
my point is that since they re nursery and primary pupils under 18 and not yet work.. they shouldn't be paying tax again in each section since their parent re paying.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by seunmsg(m): 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
stphn:

Tax is a function of income and not age. If someone under the age of 18 earns income, he/she is under obligation to pay tax.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
seunmsg:

Tax is a function of income and not age. If someone under the age of 18 earns income, he/she is under obligation to pay tax.
but the pupils ain't earning Money
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
stphn, what part of this answer does not cover your initial question?

Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
charix:
stphn, what part of this answer does not cover your initial question?

i known sir but my point is that since their parents are paying taxes
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by adadadon(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
stphn:
This is what i wanna known but nobody to challenge the idea
Nobody has Fayose's time.....
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by adadadon(m): 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
seunmsg:

That's different from the scenario created by Fayose, you are talking about Capital gains tax which obviously it is very clear that this pupils are not selling anything cry
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
adadadon:

Nobody has Fayose's time.....
if nobody get time things will be getting worse.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by seunmsg(m): 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
stphn:
but the pupils ain't earning Money

My post is clear bro, if you ain't earning income, you have no business paying taxes.

Fayose's law taxing secondary and primary school pupils is not only illegal but immoral and silly. The Catholic Church in Ekiti have taken the matter to court and I hope the court will rule appropriately on it very soon.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by Aromas: 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
charix:

We heard of private schools to pay tax but not public schools sir!
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by seunmsg(m): 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
adadadon:

That's different from the scenario created by Fayose, you are talking about Capital gains tax which obviously it is very clear that this pupils are not selling anything cry

No, I am talking about Personal income tax.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
seunmsg:

My post is clear bro, if you ain't earning income, you have no business paying taxes.

Fayose's law taxing secondary and primary school pupils is not only illegal but immoral and silly. The Catholic Church in Ekiti have taken the matter to court and I hope the court will rule appropriately on it very soon.
good
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Aromas:
We heard of private schools to pay tax but not public schools sir!
There's a first time for everything.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by expressglory: 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Catholic church that took the case to court will soon withdraw it.The Association fronting for all Private schools took the case to court too.But the lawyer withdrew the case and ran away because they wanted to kill him.He complained of series of threats against his life.
Apart,Fayose already change the 'tax' label and renamed it as Development Levy!
Look what ekiti need is prayers...shikena
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
expressglory:
Catholic church that took the case to court will soon withdraw it.The Association fronting for all Private schools took the case to court too.But the lawyer withdrew the case and ran away because they wanted to kill him.He complained of series of threats against his life.
Apart,Fayose already change the 'tax' label and renamed it as Development Levy!
Look what ekiti need is prayers...shikena
Nobody have liver enough to confront him .smh
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by segalex: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
Fayose's end this time around will be worse than what happened to him in 2006 during his first term
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by OlujobaSamuel: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
op, paying of tax by student of any school is illegal, immoral, unjustly, any wrong name you could think of.
Even if you are working and schooling in the most expensive school on earth, you pay tax as an employee of your organization and not as a student of a school. Government is meant to tax the school, not the students, so basing the tax on the number of students is totally wrong.
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
segalex:
Fayose's end this time around will be worse than what happened to him in 2006 during his first term
i dnt think so, he is good but for this i won't support it
Re: Does Constitution Support Pupils Under 18y of Age To Be Paying Tax by stphn(m): 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
op, paying of tax by student of any school is illegal, immoral, unjustly, any wrong name you could think of.
Even if you are working and schooling in the most expensive school on earth, you pay tax as an employee of your organization and not as a student of a school. Government is meant to tax the school, not the students, so basing the tax on the number of students is totally wrong.
Good, this is what i wanna know

(1) (Reply)

Evidence Showing Don Jazzy F..k Tiwa Savage.....pic. / Buhari Should Call His Killer Fulani Men To Order Or.....- Fayose / In Case You Forgot; Let Us Re-visit Some Of Gen. Buhari’s Campaign Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.