Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Plz I Need Urgent Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Plz I Need Urgent Help (915 Views)

Please I Need Urgent Advice As I Need To Buy A New Car / I Need Urgent Help With My 08 Camry Please Help / Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz I Need Urgent Help by auztyno: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
my mercedes c230 w203 is acting up,recently wen i put petrol on my car d car will run well until mabe when the guage reaches close to 1/4 d car stops acting like their is no longer fuel in the car when i top up the car starts again nd also does the same thign when the guage reaches the same place or sometimes close,i took it to my mecanic he said the tank needs to be dropped to be able to check i didnt have time for that so i descided to go first nd consult my car gurus hear,buh b4 then i talked to another mecanic who is not close to me in phone nd he said my car is running what is called"half tank"that i need to bring it to him he didnt tell me details though...plz does it mean my car has to be running full tank all the time? nd b4 people start suspecting my fuel gauge it is not the culprit becus the back seat was opened and fuel was seen almost full of the drivers side fuel tank while noting was found on the passengers side fuel tank and even with all those petrol inside the first fuel tank the car still won't start untill u top up more fuel,am not in lagos if not i would have visited gazzuz plz any suggestion would be highly appreciated i believ one or two persons hia must have experienced this...
gazzuz,sienna,plz ooh
Re: Plz I Need Urgent Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
auztyno:
my mercedes c230 w203 is acting up,recently wen i put petrol on my car d car will run well until mabe when the guage reaches close to 1/4 d car stops acting like their is no longer fuel in the car when i top up the car starts again nd also does the same thign when the guage reaches the same place or sometimes close,i took it to my mecanic he said the tank needs to be dropped to be able to check i didnt have time for that so i descided to go first nd consult my car gurus hear,buh b4 then i talked to another mecanic who is not close to me in phone nd he said my car is running what is called"half tank"that i need to bring it to him he didnt tell me details though...plz does it mean my car has to be running full tank all the time? nd b4 people start suspecting my fuel gauge it is not the culprit becus the back seat was opened and fuel was seen almost full of the drivers side fuel tank while noting was found on the passengers side fuel tank and even with all those petrol inside the first fuel tank the car still won't start untill u top up more fuel,am not in lagos if not i would have visited gazzuz plz any suggestion would be highly appreciated i believ one or two persons hia must have experienced this...
gazzuz,sienna,plz ooh

replace fuelpump assembly(complete, don't manage)

1 Like

Re: Plz I Need Urgent Help by auztyno: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
tnks for your response oga gazzuz
Re: Plz I Need Urgent Help by mayor2013: 10:06am On May 01, 2016
In addition to what Gazzuzz wrote before replacement check the fitment of the old fuel pump. If alright go ahead and replace your fuel pump. Buy a complete fuel pump. Good luck
Re: Plz I Need Urgent Help by auztyno: 6:57am On May 02, 2016
okay i will check d positioning of the fuel pump,buh i observed in my car when you open the rear seat where fuel pump is their are two tins dat looks like fuel pump as if the tank is divided into two one is exactly behind d drivers seat the other behind the passengers seat when it waz opened i mean the two of them i noticed in the one behind d drivers seat that thier is enough fuel inside the tank then in the one behind the passengers seat thier wont be any fuel inside that one i gues its not using the fuel inside the other tank,so am wondering which or what exactly to change or look out for...

Re: Plz I Need Urgent Help by mayor2013: 7:12am On May 02, 2016
If you have 2 compartment inside, you have fuel in both compartment. One is with the fuel level sensor aka fuel guage while the other one is your fuel pump which is much bigger. In some cases it could be 3 compartments just like Range rovers
Re: Plz I Need Urgent Help by auztyno: 7:39am On May 02, 2016
mayor2013:
If you have 2 compartment inside, you have fuel in both compartment. One is with the fuel level sensor aka fuel guage while the other one is your fuel pump which is much bigger. In some cases it could be 3 compartments just like Range rovers
the two sides both has fuel level sensors buh i tink i can only see fuel pump in the passengers side buh their wont be fuel inside that side when this happens buh fuel would hav almost filled the other side thats d drivers side...i wonder how this works mabe the "fuel pump"in the drivers side is suppose to transfer fuel to the passengers side when the fuel level gets to a certain point am just confused
Re: Plz I Need Urgent Help by Chuxxy4me(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2016
Check d compartments well. D fuel level on both compartments should be almost equal at all times except if d car is parked at an incline cos both compartments are linked. Thereafter, check ur fuel pump assembly.
Re: Plz I Need Urgent Help by auztyno: 10:56am On May 04, 2016
Chuxxy4me:
Check d compartments well. D fuel level on both compartments should be almost equal at all times except if d car is parked at an incline cos both compartments are linked. Thereafter, check ur fuel pump assembly.
okay will do jst that

(1) (Reply)

Volvo’s Testing A Self Driving Refuse Collection Truck, LAWMA's Favourite / Alexa Can Now Pass Out Commands To Your Nissan / What Kind Of Fuel Does My Car Need?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.