Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,038 members, 7,835,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) (1242 Views)

Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) / Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Breaking News: Niger Delta Avengers Speaking Live Now On Radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by ganisucks(f): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
Tune in now †̥♥ channelTV †̥♥ hear the incompetent VP Osinbanjo speak A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ ℓi3 †̥♥ the public
She said this is according to the constitution of
Nigeria and government, which is a system or
function that combines political, social and
economic actions in order to solve the problems
of people.
Mrs Ezekwesili made this known as a speaker on
The Platform with the theme, Nigeria, what is in
your hands? Tapping into out dead economy,
looking beyond our oil driven economy”
The Economy Of The Nation
Speaking on the economy of the nation, she said
“from the 90’s till now the capitalist system has
proven to be very enduring in producing global
prosperity, as well as national prosperity at all
levels of economic management and has not
succeeded in delivering”
A look at the global reduction in poverty, she
noted that China used to suffer from 80% poverty
but they commenced on market reforms and
through that in less than 30 years after, China
lifted 600 million citizens out of poverty.
“China accounts for most of the global reduction
in poverty that we know, they used to have 85%
of citizens poor but today it records about 13%
poverty”.
Another country she compared to Nigeria is
Singapore, she said the country has sound
policies, strong institutions, effective and efficient
investment which has built itself to an income of
per capital of 55,000 Dollars but today Nigeria
has 3,200 Dollars per capital.
www.channelstv.com/2016/04/30/195557/

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
That man in conjunction with Pastor Adeboye deceived GEJ

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by ayeesamunique(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
He's going to say what he can't do again...what an incompetent fellow;he speaks gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by Flexherbal(m): 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
When are we going to have leaders that will put the people first?
Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by ganisucks(f): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
He J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ said that Nigerians are chanting "BRING BACK CORRUPTION". Well Mr VP, let us go back †̥♥ Egypt, because Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ Moses are clueless A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ useless, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ don't KϞöω̲ where Canaan is.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by ganisucks(f): 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
He also said, that the reason why the telecoms industry did well, W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ because Nigerians were forced †̥♥ pay their bills. So also, Nigerians must be forced †̥♥ pay the increased electricity tariff. This man is HEARTLESS

3 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by KelleneOkonkwo: 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
That man in conjunction with Pastor Adeboye deceived GEJ

Trolling away your life as usual. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
KelleneOkonkwo:

Trolling away your life as usual. Smh
bro, why you they gum me?

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by KelleneOkonkwo: 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

bro, why you they gum me?

I am just ashamed on your behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by fyneguy: 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
ganisucks:
He also said, that the reason why the telecoms industry did well, W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ because Nigerians were forced †̥♥ pay their bills. So also, Nigerians must be forced †̥♥ pay the increased electricity tariff. This man is HEARTLESS

Sharapp! what do you know? He meant the telecom firms did not have billing issues as Nigerians paid every kobo for services rendered which made their business bankable for further investments. In the case of Power, many consumers do not pay as most people are using postpaid meters while many even have none. This made it difficult for banks to give them funds. The idea of increasing tariff for now is to make up for the shortfall, thereby allowing investment to flow in and block the leakages.

You don't call someone old enough to father you useless, just because your capacity to understand and reason is below the bar.

10 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
KelleneOkonkwo:

I am just ashamed on your behalf.
don't be bro, i will 'shame' for myself grin
Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by ganisucks(f): 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
He rounded up by saying " WE WILL FULFIL OUR PROMISES". Mr VP, in ΨђåƮ year, 3040

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by ganisucks(f): 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2016
fyneguy:

Sharapp! what do you know? He meant the telecom firms did not have billing issues as Nigerians paid every kobo for services rendered which made their business bankable for further investments. In the case of Power, many consumers do not pay as most people are using postpaid meters while many even have none. This made it difficult for banks to give them funds. The idea of increasing tariff for now is to make up for the shortfall, thereby allowing investment to flow in and block the leakages.

You don't have to call someone old enough to father you useless, just because your capacity to understand and reason is below the bar.
I don't trade in insults. That is for people who have low IQ capacity. All Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ said can be rounded up into, PAY YOUR BILLS NOW, shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by modath(f): 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
He talked about how the destructive elements who have stolen more than external reserves have resorted to sabotage of government's efforts to better the lives of the polpulace, claims of religious, sectional & political affiliation bias, sponsoring media campaign to claim persecution & also pitting people against each other..
Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by chikel2000(m): 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mere Commissioner

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by Babacele: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
modath:

He talked about how the destructive elements who have stolen more than external reserves have resorted to sabotage of government's efforts to better the lives of the polpulace, claims of religious, sectional & political affiliation bias, sponsoring media campaign to claim persecution & also pitting people against each other..
we know and God is disgracing them..amen .

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by Bobandgreat: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2016
fyneguy:

You don't call someone old enough to father you useless, just because your capacity to understand and reason is below the bar.

You shut up! A citizen is complaining about the way politicians are ruining her life and you are telling her to shut up.
So, what if she insults the prof. The prof. Is under a Dundee who obviously does not know what he is doing. Instead of him to employ his intellect in providing solutions to problems created by his Dundee master, he is on national TV still campaigning for APC. Meanwhile, ganisucks life suffers and u want her to shut up. Gerarahere.

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
modath:

undecided
Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
ganisucks:
He J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ said that Nigerians are chanting "BRING BACK CORRUPTION". Well Mr VP, let us go back †̥♥ Egypt, because Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ Moses are clueless A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ useless, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ don't KϞöω̲ where Canaan is.

What is this one saying??
Receive sense now!
Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by NextGovernor(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
fyneguy:

The last time I accused PMB of not responsible and focus some people said why was I insulting my elders. Do you know how old am I, Do you know if I am 80 years?

To the topic. When you pay for services and you are rendered well to your satisfaction, you must try to pay next time to keep enjoying it. Imagine I paid last month electrical bills of 13k, as we are speaking I am powering my house with fuel and you expect me to keep wasting monies on electrical bills I am not seeing in this hard time?

Nigeria is the only country where you enforce a law that is not satisfactory but you want the best out of it. Let us get the light as they promise and bills will be paid. Who wants to keep buying fuel of 2k daily (almost 60k monthly) and won't want to pay electrical bills when you get it 24/7?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by fyneguy: 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
NextGovernor:

The last time I accused PMB of not responsible and focus some people said why was I insulting my elders. Do you know how old am I, Do you know if I am 80 years?

To the topic. When you pay for services and you are rendered well to your satisfaction, you must try to pay next time to keep enjoying it. Imagine I paid last month electrical bills of 13k, as we are speaking I am powering my house with fuel and you expect me to keep wasting monies on electrical bills I am not seeing in this hard time?

Nigeria is the only country where you enforce a law that is not satisfactory but you want the best out of it. Let us get the light as they promise and bills will be paid. Who wants to keep buying fuel of 2k daily (almost 60k monthly) and won't want to pay electrical bills when you get it 24/7?

On the contrary, age has nothing to do with respecting people especially people in position of authority, this is without prejudice to criticizing them when they go wrong.

As regards the issue in question, I understand your concern as A CLIENT, however, in this industry, it's more complicated than that. Let's get the facts right:

1. The last administration privatized Generation, (partly) Transmission, and Distribution which means that sector is no longer under government. Government only has regulatory, advisory, and complementary roles to play now. Anything on the contrary, can only be in the long term.

2. The private operators, capable or not, acquired overwhelming liabilities.

3. Some of them assumed banks would throw funds at them once they were licensed, based on prospects of the sector, with reference to what happened in the telecom sector. However, it dawned on them it's a different kettle of fish. The power sector is potentially more lucrative than telecoms but there are structural issues militating against that in Nigeria.

4.The Distribution Companies (Discos) are unable to capture every consumer on their grids. They do not have the huge funds to acquire meters for ALL CONSUMERS AT ONCE! It will be a gradual process vis-a-vis funds availability and logistics.

5. The Generation Companies (Gencos) sell BULK ELECTRICITY to Discos. How the Discos sell and get paid is none of their business. The Gencos want Discos to pay for every Kilowatt of electricity supplied, whereas Discos have billing leakages that make it difficult for them to pay the Gencos!

6. As a short term measure, the NERC (the regulatory body) increased retail tariffs so that the Discos could make enough revenue to pay the Gencos for seamless operations. It's when this is sustained that investors can come in to solve the problems. The more consumers are captured by the Discos, the more they can afford to lower the tariffs.
Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by IdomaLikita: 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
Was there Live.
All the speakers were epic! Starting from the first to the last, however I believe Mrs Awosika(First Bank), Mr Onigbinde(BudgIt), Mr Mitchel( Interswitch) made most impact to me...while others pointed out problems without proferring clear solutions, the trio did their best in advising what should be done..Ezekwesili did well by tapping into our sentiments and giving us evidence-based analysis of the economy, she however fell short of telling us what the Govt should do in the face of falling oil prices (apart from the usual diversification talk)..
Awosika murdered it for me, she spoke as a Banker, Mother,Entrepreneur, and Patriot..amd of course, we gave her the loudest ovation.
Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by NextGovernor(m): 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
fyneguy:

On the contrary, age has nothing to do with respecting people especially people in position of authority, this is without prejudice to criticizing them when they go wrong.

As regards the issue in question, I understand your concern as A CLIENT, however, in this industry, it's more complicated than that. Let's get the facts right:

1. The last administration privatized Generation, (partly) Transmission, and Distribution which means that sector is no longer under government. Government only has regulatory, advisory, and complementary roles to play now. Anything on the contrary, can only be in the long term.

2. The private operators, capable or not, acquired overwhelming liabilities.

3. Some of them assumed banks would throw funds at them once they were licensed, based on prospects of the sector, with reference to what happened in the telecom sector. However, it dawned on them it's a different kettle of fish. The power sector is potentially more lucrative than telecoms but there are structural issues militating against that in Nigeria.

4.The Distribution Companies (Discos) are unable to capture every consumer on their grids. They do not have the huge funds to acquire meters for ALL CONSUMERS AT ONCE! It will be a gradual process vis-a-vis funds availability and logistics.

5. The Generation Companies (Gencos) sell BULK ELECTRICITY to Discos. How the Discos sell and get paid is none of their business. The Gencos want Discos to pay for every Kilowatt of electricity supplied, whereas Discos have billing leakages that make it difficult for them to pay the Gencos!

6. As a short term measure, the NERC (the regulatory body) increased retail tariffs so that the Discos could make enough revenue to pay the Gencos for seamless operations. It's when this is sustained that investors can come in to solve the problems. The more consumers are captured by the Discos, the more they can afford to lower the tariffs.

My broda all these are long English. Let them provide stable light and you will see how Nigerians will pay there bills. In simple example, if you buy egg roll from mama Ola and you non see egg inside will you follow her to buy next time? But if you buy from Mama Nkechi and you see big egg inside you can even walk miles to get from her.

That's why you see GLO having more subscribers because of there cheap Internet plan and it works well for people against other networks.

Once you put things right, people will oblige to that rules following it and pay there bills to continue enjoying the services.

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo Speaking Live On THE PLATFORM, Channelstv(Ezekwesili's video) by fyneguy: 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2016
NextGovernor:

My broda all these are long English. Let them provide stable light and you will see how Nigerians will pay there bills. In simple example, if you buy egg roll from mama Ola and you non see egg inside will you follow her to buy next time? But if you buy from Mama Nkechi and you see big egg inside you can even walk miles to get from her.

That's why you see GLO having more subscribers because of there cheap Internet plan and it works well for people against other networks.

Once you put things right, people will oblige to that rules following it and pay there bills to continue enjoying the services.

Easier said than done.

I used to think like a layman before until I got involved in a Power project with Schneider Electric. I got to know that Power business is not the same as egg roll business because you are in control of the making of egg roll from A to Z; in Power, different companies handle different aspects. Your efficiency is affected by the inefficiency of another in the value chain.

(1) (Reply)

Rescued Chibok Girl Was Actually A Previous Suicide Bomber Captured / Federal Government Ready To Bail Out States Again; Gives Them Conditions / Sex Scandal: Sam Ikon A Victim Of Character Assassination (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.