Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) (37084 Views)

Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. / Peter Obi On Bourdillon Road Without Security Details (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by villagecraft: 4:52pm On May 01, 2017
Chief Tai Emeka Obasi
--------

"When Mr. Peter Obi finished, the Minister of Finance came to the podium and begged that Mr. Obi be brought back inside the platform. When Okwute came back...the woman started addressing him and explaining all the things they've been doing so far to really reduce cost of governance. She explained their concerted efforts to save as advocated by Mr. Obi. Boy.

Peter Obi’s Key Statements On Platform

We are borrowing to do flyovers when many roads are bad, We even borrow to do decorations on it.
Minister please stop approving all this state governors borrowing, talk to them on cost of governance.
Section 162 of our constitution did not help us to save because it says share all but even motorpark touts union saves..
No nation can survive without savings.
The Investment sovereignty act says we should save our excess but you and I know there can’t be excess after sharing.
They are about to share $1.65bn out of the $6b excess crude deduction, what for?
NNPC and her sister are remitting $21.8bn and have scheduled time for payback.
I appeal you should not share any money because they are the once we are now finding in houses.
Minister, If we save $2.5bn from 2018 to 2030 at 7% reserve income, it will give us $55bn, This will enhance stable exchange rate.
Let’s start the saving with the money about to be shared.
We need to invest aggressively in education because out of the 57million uneducated children in the world, 10.7% of them are Nigerians.
Even Facebook’s budget for the year is bigger than our nation’s GDP.
Send finances made for education to the school heads and parents directly not commissions or ministries else the money will go through a transit of many checkpoints.
While I was the governor. I bought computers based on one computer per 10 students costing N2.4bn, the money is there, the FG can do it.
Government do not create jobs, they facilitate them by promoting SMEs and encouraging local productions.
This government killed over 80% of failed private enterprises in Nigeria.
Imagine a Governor who bought 50 jeeps for traditional rulers for up to four years now from a private firm and has not paid making the company sack 200 workers and acquired over N732milliion debt after he has collected all the traditional titles and still counting
I gave innoson order to supply us 1000 vehicles and I paid him cash, even admidst fear and quality misconceptions, non of those cars had any issues with the people’s fear.
So, if I must say OK to the government in promoting the made in Nigeria stuffs, let’s first of all go to all government officials and governors houses and make sure 60% of the fittings and everything there is made in Nigeria.
If any contractor says I owe him while I left office, let him make it public, I will resign from politics.
If you see any house belonging to Peter Obi apart from the one in Onitsha which is official, confiscate it.
There is nothing in the constitution called security votes, what we have is contingency funds and its being abused.
I gave 257 Anambra secondary schools N10million annually, 1bn to hospitals and health colleges.
I had only N2.5bn as security votes and I should be invited to account for it.
They searched my apartment and saw only my wife’s belongings, not even my watch and they said I don’t live there.
I have only two black shoes I bought for $49.99 which I travel with everywhere to avoid being hurt which is the reason for having shoes and a wrist watch I bought 18 years ago, why buy another and drop it n the table, what time is it keeping.
My sadness is not just that I live in that block, my worry is that that money was dumped and wasn’t yielding profits, if the owner has kept it in the Bank, it would by now yield around $7bn which is N2.8bn that can carter for a state’s annual educational budget.

http://www.naaija.com/peter-obis-key-statements-platform/

11 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by serverconnect(m): 5:38pm On May 01, 2017
Nice one. She should try her best to see that we came out from this recession.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Igboesika: 5:40pm On May 01, 2017
The same people they accused of corruption.
Apc and their sympathizers are clowns.

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Obdk: 5:51pm On May 01, 2017
Learning from the best

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Sketchandcraft(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2017
That our finance Minister Na another woman with British accent and too much grammar.. The only point I was able to get was increase in capital budget to 30 percent from 10 percent and that when oil price was 102 per barrel there was no development and we keep borrowing to pay salary.... Oga ooo Naijiria is Finished

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by NextGovernor(m): 6:44pm On May 01, 2017
PDP causes recession according to APC. Calling the same accused to solve it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Greatigbos(f): 9:48pm On May 01, 2017
Is very important, he should give her some knowledge

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by ProfEinstein: 9:49pm On May 01, 2017
Peter Okwuteeee, the Oracle himself , an economist par excellence. I doff my cap for you sir. smiley

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Greatigbos(f): 9:54pm On May 01, 2017
ProfEinstein:
Peter Okwuteeee, the Oracle himself , an economist par excellence. I doff my cap for you sir. smiley

D boy is good

27 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by ProfEinstein: 10:03pm On May 01, 2017
Lalasticlala[size=8pt][/size], seun do the needful

1 Like

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by oatzeal(m): 10:11pm On May 01, 2017
Adeosun shud please resign for the country's sake.. Amateur

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by leofab(f): 10:17pm On May 01, 2017
APC shame.. but atleast it's got the betterment of the the nation.
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Vicboi1(m): 10:21pm On May 01, 2017
this Peter OBI should just be the president pls

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:26pm On May 01, 2017
All Nigerian politicians are thieves
I don't trust them

1 Like

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by hornyofife: 10:33pm On May 01, 2017
Obi will make a very excellent minister of finance

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by patroccini: 11:50pm On May 01, 2017
If Ngozi okonjo now speaks she will carry slate then. The problem is not even we are in recession but the problem is that we depend on her likes to lift us out of it

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Vicolan: 12:34am On May 02, 2017
When you do your job well......You get praise......

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Hiccups: 10:41am On May 02, 2017
Nigeria is not in any Recession, we just lack direction.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by chimah3(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2017
Kemi the failure tongue tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Musiwa419: 10:43am On May 02, 2017
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Musiwa419: 10:44am On May 02, 2017
Vicboi1:
this Peter OBI should just be the president pls
President of biafuro, I guess?

8 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by kikake: 10:44am On May 02, 2017
But even a ram from northern Nigeria must win Peter Obi in Nigeria's presidential election.

With 19 states +Abuja proliferated by northern soldiers in one northern region; with a provision that says a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in 2/3 of 36 states ( that is, 24 states), every northern candidate can easily win 25% in the 19 states of north, then look for 5 states in the south to win to become president; easy.

But with only 17 states allowed in the divided south, no southern candidate can win the presidency, unless northern politicians decide not have the presidency remain in the north.

Nigeria's political structure created by north is a fraud.

Land mass is not used as yard stick to create new federal units from the old units in a federal country where distinct groups came together to form a country.

If Nigeria's states were created democratically, there should have been more states in the two southern regions than in the one northern region.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by AyakaDunukofia: 10:44am On May 02, 2017
There is nothing wrong about this. We learm from one another. Peter was born in a family of traders in the commercial town of Onitsha. Did apprenticeship in his father's shop. (Would not have breakfast until he made his first sale for the day) grin So fiscal discipline was already a part of his growing up.

After his Uni., has served as director and Chairman of several banks. On his own right, owns successful business conglomerates. Was equally a successful governor with proven track record of prudent money management.

So, Adeosun was right to approach him for a little chat. Very normal.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by oshe11: 10:45am On May 02, 2017
she is tryna explain wat is hapenin to our economy
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by magoo10(m): 10:48am On May 02, 2017
Peter obi should teach the clueless ones how to run an economy not this rubbish we are experiencing.
failed govt looking for who to blame

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by FrenchPeter(m): 10:48am On May 02, 2017
Let the drama continues
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by bakynes(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2017
He has spoken well but I don't fancy these politicians who speak the truth after they have left government. Why didn't he advise the GEJ led PDP FG to save. It's now his eyes opened to all the wastage in govt.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by reyscrub(m): 10:51am On May 02, 2017
If I request Obi to be president now due to his essay, he may get there and thing be more difficult due to cabal infiltration.

He spoke like the finest material the country needs but politicians are wolf in sheep's clothing.

When on the seat of power, they goof and when out, they see well the wrong they have done.

All Nigeria politician and political parties don't have a define programme before they get power.

Only God I trust.

God help and bless Nigeria.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by lagosrd: 10:52am On May 02, 2017
Good luck Jonathan said let us have a joint savings account for the future of our people. Those rogues said No. The debt obasanjo cleared is now been piled up again. All in the name of development. How on planet earth could a kilometer of road cos 1billion naira. Wasteful kleptomaniacs

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Nobody: 10:53am On May 02, 2017
Have mercy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CP Odumosu Locks Magodo Brooks Estate, Arrests Security Guards For Delaying Him / See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress / James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.