Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili (31433 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Questions #bbnaija Voters - 11million Votes? / Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. / Buhari’s Economic Policies Not Working –MAN, NLC, TUC, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari’s current economic policies bear a stark resemblance of those he promulgated during the military regime he led in the 1980s, a former Minister of Education and social critic, Oby Ezekwesili, has said.
Mrs. Ezekwesili said Mr. Buhari’s “archaic” and “opaque” economic principles are not only encouraging massive corruption and abuse of power, but also hurting the poor they was intended to help.
Mrs. Ezekwesili said this at The Platform, a yearly public policy forum that is currently underway in Abuja.
“During the first coming of this our new president, a command and control economic system was adopted.
“During that era, inflation spiralled. During that era, jobs were lost. During that era, the economic growth level dipped,” Mrs. Ezekwesili said. “That era wasn’t the best of eras in economic progress.”
“What did not work in 1984 cannot possibly be a solution in a global economy that’s much more integrated.”
Mrs. Ezekwesili said Mr. Buhari was rehashing the same “command and control” approach towards economic issues which has left the country’s economic indices worse off since he assumed office almost year ago.
“In over one year, the president is still holding to the premise that command and control is the only way out,” Mrs. Ezekwesili said. “In a year we have lost the single digits inflation status we maintained in past administrations.”
Foramfera
Mrs. Ezekwesili said Mr. Buhari’s distortion of foreign exchange system has left the poor it was intended to support even worse off.
“The president comes into this economic philosophy on the premise that he does not want the poor to suffer. I can relate to that, a leader must, especially a leader who knows that most of his votes came not from the elite but from the poor.”
“The problem though is that the intention and the outcome are diverged.
“The weakest and the most vulnerable suffer the impact of inflation the most. Enormous power is being abused as a result of opaque economic policies.
“Companies are suddenly finding themselves unable to produce because they’re unable to access foreign exchange,” Mrs. Ezekwesili said.
Mrs. Ezekwesili, therefore, urged Mr. Buhari to sit down with his administration officials and reconsider the impact his polices have had on the nation’s economy, quoting an American parlance that says if something is not broken there’s no need fixing it”.
“Mr. President should sit with his team and look at the economic evidence that speaks loudly. It’s time to sit back and review the well-intended idea of command and control economic principle.
“He should do what the Americans say that if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it,” Mrs. Ezekwesili said.

Source:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202672-buharis-economic-policies-opaque-archaic-ezekwesili.html

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
cheesy this ugly thing don come again grin

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin

Some senior zombies are beginning to tap into reality

275 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by SeverusSnape(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mrs. Ezekwesili said Mr. Buhari’s “archaic” and “opaque” economic principles are not only encouraging massive corruption and abuse of power, but also hurting the poor they was intended to help.

^^^ But some despicable zombies said there's no more corruption grin meanwhile the corrupt practices being perpetrated now is the worst ever.

By the way, Why is she squalling??... Wasn't she among those who said the dullard is the best thing to happen to this country??... Now she knows she has been scammed.

P.S: I appeal to all wailers chairmen nationwide not to sell the 'wailers' form' to her. She remains a zombie.

291 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Akkord4gov: 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
I am hear to see d "madness" of "Zombiism" and "wailerism"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by NavierStokes(m): 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
It's visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. The zombies concur but of course they are zombies, so will behave as expected.

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by tonyot(m): 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
How far Chibok girls?

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
SeverusSnape:

^^^ But some despicable zombies said there's no more corruption grin meanwhile the corrupt practices being perpetrated now is the worst ever.
Corruption is worst now.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Ezenwammadu(m): 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
I thought wailers form has finished in at headquarters who dashed this woman wailers form

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by greatiyk4u(m): 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Corruption is worst now.
Impossible!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by NaijaEfcc: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
kikikikikiki firefire and SeverusSnape Oya arrange form give her hahahaha

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by 989900: 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
I can't fault her criticisms, but I was looking for her alternative suggestions; can't find one.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by NaijaEfcc: 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
zombies will be like corruption is fighting back hahahahaha NOW SHE DON SAY SOMETHING AGAINST BUHARI, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU HEAR tomorrow THAT EFCC TALK SAY SHE STOLE 3 TRILLION DOLLARS AND OWNS BUCKINGHAM PALACE !!!

156 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by ganisucks(f): 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
This government has failed A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ there is nothing anyone can say that will change that. Mrs Ezekwesili, though borne out ☀̤̣̈̇f an ulterior motive, is merely pointing that out

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by januzaj(m): 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
This woman said the bitter Truth....poor are really suffering.....Buhari should do something asap because poor are the ones that decide who rules Nigeria now ooooo

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by DIKEnaWAR: 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
If this is true, I salute her courage for standing for the truth, now that most people in her category are afraid to talk.

I hope that God intervenes in this country again like he always do when a leader who wants to inflict hardship on his people or derail this country comes on the scene. If Buhari is allowed to run this 'normadic' economic policy of his for four years, this country might crash.

PS: this is not about wailer or zombie. Anyone that genuinely love this country ought to be worried in the direction Buhari is carrying us. There is no economic policy in place in a country of almost 180 million people. We all should be worried and make this government sit up.

From GEJ to Buhari is like from frying pan to fire. Time we tried our technocrats for the office of President.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by SeverusSnape(m): 1:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
989900:
I can't fault her criticisms, but I was looking for her alternative suggestions; can't find one.
Buhari the dullard doesn't listen to suggestions.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
All these for being denied entry into the villa? Hehehe. Madam Oby, you never see shumshin.grin

Hypocrite, nwanyi onye iru abuoangry

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by vivalavida(m): 1:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
this woma is just saying something reasonable for the first time in six years

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by oduastates: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
I PREDICTED THIS CRISIS IN 2014 WHEN ALL THESE SO CALLED EXPERTS WERE SHOUTING TRANSFORMATION AGENDA AND "LARGEST" ECONOMY IN THE WORLD.
I wrote about exactly what was going to happens
I beg to disagree.
The Nigerian non-economy has always been non-existent.
Take a trip to a high brow hotel, political gathering or an international/domestic airports and you would think that Nigeria is a country full of industrialist and big corporations with all the big cars, 95% of American cannot afford, private jets and $1,000 cocktails being quashed in bars on the island.
Only Buhari or the Niger Delta militants can do Nigerians a favour.
Switch off the damn oil so that Nigerians can grow some brains.
Just like Mao and Stalin taught their people a bitter lesson in self reliance.
Shape up or starve to death.
We go through the motion of copying oyinbos like our so called democracy .
Stock market ,capital markets and all that crap.
In reality, there is a barely a trace of governance, functioning economy and all.
This is why the devaluation, revaluation or the appreciation of the currency makes no difference.
The biggest jokes
How else can you determine?
The relationship between rents and buying houses.
Those housing prices are same or more in many Nigerian cities than in many places in America,Canada and uk.
Yet you get more from renting in those 3 countries.
There you have it. An absolute disconnect.
The crap we import are not only of less quality than the equivalent bought overseas, they are also more expensive.
It is during a period of crisis that true leaders are known. Just like Pat Utomi, El Rufai, I hereby scratch Ekwesili from my list of potential presidents.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Flashh: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
OK!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Koddedtinz: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
The cat has eventually released her tongue abi?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by youngeagle(m): 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
Lol...wonders shall never cease, can't believe Mrs Oby is now a wailer..but every Nigerian should join in condemning that dullards policies its really causing hardship to the masses

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Saheed9: 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
eye

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by rapistbuhari: 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
The ugly jobber has borrowed a brain cool

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by SeverusSnape(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
oduastates:
I beg to disagree
You don't have a choice, It's just the fact.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by LieDetector(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
Her position is quite undisputable that we couldn't agree more

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by mightyhazel: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
A president who wants to sell goods from his country,eg crude oil,to European countries but doesn't want European countries goods to come into Nigeria is actually a greedy president.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
kikikikikiki firefire Oya arrange form give her hahahaha

hahahahahaha!!! grin grin

Dear Oby Ezekwesiri,

On behalf of the Wailers Association in Diaspora, I hereby confirm the approval of your membership form.
Please visit the nearest Wailers Office in your state to complete your registration and obtain your membership card.

Sincerely,

Sultan Of Brunei
(President)
Wailers Association Yaoundé Cameroun. grin grin grin grin

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Oluwapresley(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2016
ganisucks:
This government has failed A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ there is nothing anyone can say that will change that. Mrs Ezekwesili, though borne out ☀̤̣̈̇f an ulterior motive, is merely pointing that out

and Ur conclusion is based on what, pls?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Under Pressure To Support Buhari - Umahi / Atiku Abubakar Pictured With Theresa May, British Prime Minister / Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.