Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise (6067 Views)

Cross River, Akwa Ibom Seek Economic Integration / Ekweremadu Makes Case For Regional Economic Integration By States / Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by ObinnaIzuora: 3:29pm On May 01, 2016
Rayhutar:

you and Ibo, continue to disgrace yourself, Aworis are not Yorubas,Lagos is only Yoruba, it belong to Ijaws, Egun, Aworis and lagosians, some of the lagosians returned from slavery in America and settle in lagos; who handed over lagos to the white, is not Benin empire

See confusion. I am sorry for wasting my time on you. I regret it.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 3:35pm On May 01, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Lol. Akuko. E really dey pain you for body o. Why not allow the Northerners make such noise first make we hear, abi you be their slave or mouthpiece? grin Na ONLY igbo landgrabbers like you dey call Lagos 'no man's land' and no other group in Nigeria does that, so who exactly are you trying to fool? Northerners already have Abuja where they are now concentrating most of their development, while Lagos development efforts since it stopped being the FCT has been driven by the successive Yoruba governments ruling it NOT the FG, and I don already advice una to begin build una own for East but you no gree hear word. Now go siddon for potopoto.
Abuja is not own by the north, the same north acclaim that Ibos own most of the properties in Abuja, have you ever seen the north for one day saying that Abuja belong to them and that other tribe should go and build their own Abuja, I have told you that when the time come, una eye go open, even your Owolowo said it that if the SW declare independence then the statue of Lagos will be determined, why didnt he said that lagos will go with SW independence outrightly. make una shine una eyes. Ibos dont have interest in Lagos, they have release the map of Biafra and lagos is not included in it, yu guys should go and read Fkk write up on the push towards Atlantic ocean
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 3:38pm On May 01, 2016
ObinnaIzuora:

See confusion. I am sorry for wasting my time on you. I regret it.
Lagos does not belong to Yoruba alone, Ijaws, Aworis, Egun, lagosians, have a stake in it
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 3:41pm On May 01, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

U re Mad, what is the Meaning of AWO-RI

you want to tell me am not a Yoruba then answer my question..?
Asiwere omo adanu, oni se orire, o ma shokun nii

If dem born ur papa well come talk this nonesense for my hood..I can give u my adress.
Awon to ni e ma fi oju sunkun e ni..
Oponu , apoda ologbere afofun gbemu oloshi.
Aworis and Egun are not Yorubas, as a yoloba can you speak or understand Awori or Egun language, they are different languages,the same way Istekiri language is different from Yoruba language
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 3:45pm On May 01, 2016
ObinnaIzuora:

Lmaoo. Shame catch am, he deny his tribe sharply. Lmao
Is like Ibos be your wahala for naija, out of 250 ethnic groups in Naija, na ibo, ibo, ibo you dey scream all the time, dem use ibo do you something
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Thank God you know geopolitical zones are not in the constitution,so what do you mean by 'according to the Nigerian constitution,lagos is not recognized as South West', when the Nigerian Constitution dosent even know what South West is?.
what is your point
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 3:48pm On May 01, 2016
ObinnaIzuora:

Why do you want to die ontop Lagos matter. Why why why? Why are you disgracing responsible Ibos? This is spiritual
Ibo don sufer, your terror is realy ibo
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 3:50pm On May 01, 2016
ObinnaIzuora:

Lmao. The kid is just a frustrated small boy, you should have notice nah.
The truth hurts, can you hear and understand Awori or Egun languages as Yoruba
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by OkoNDOoBo: 3:57pm On May 01, 2016
Rayhutar:

Aworis and Egun are not Yorubas, as a yoloba can speak or understand Awori or Egun language, they different languages,the same way Istekiri language is different from Yoruba
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by AshiwajuFoward: 4:07pm On May 01, 2016
Rayhutar:

Abuja is not own by the north, the same north acclaim that Ibos own most of the properties in Abuja, have you ever seen the north for one day saying that Abuja belong to them and that other tribe should go and build their own Abuja, I have told you that when the time come, una eye go open, even your Owolowo said it that if the SW declare independence then the statue of Lagos will be determined, why didnt he said that lagos will go with SW independence outrightly. make una shine una eyes. Ibos dont have interest in Lagos, they have release the map of Biafra and lagos is not included in it, yu guys should go and read Fkk write up on the push towards Atlantic ocean

Hahahahaha. Abeg face front you this loser. I repeat the only landgrabbers who jealously covet Lagos in the entire Nigeria are the yeebos. Anybody wey get the liver to drag Lagos with Yorubas should bring it on if them born Dem well. Lagos is strategically sandwiched by Yoruba territory so make those Northerners,Edos or Ijaws that you are falsely accusing of land grabbing ambitions come and collect Lasgidi if Dem born dem well and see if they wont end up under the Lagoon as fish food. grin

If Yee.bboz like make Una kill unasef over Abuja with the North na Una shingba be DAT. Yorubas don't give a flying fvck about Abuja coz they have Lagos and are ok with that, the North deliberately shifted the FCT to Abuja and are ok with that,na you Igbos be the losers coz in the end when Nigeria eventually breaks Una go end up with nothing just like el-rufai destroyed Una properties for Abuja with impunity,the Ikwerre and Ijaws (minority ethnic groups) also seized your properties at PH and till today Una just dey whine about it and can't do shyt -- Yorubas coulda done same to you all and gotten away with it but we just felt too sorry for una. I warn you not to put your mind on those igbo properties in Abj (since in usual Ibo fashion you are already beating chest about them) coz Dem go become Saara (sacrificial offering) to the Northerners when the time comes. For the last time,tell your kinsmen to focus their efforts on Enugu for example and stop wasting their time investing in properties in other regions coz as sure as the setting of the sun they will lose them eventually and heaven will not fall -- the PH folks have already set the precedent. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2016
[quote author=OkoNDOoBo post=45215106][/quote] Aworis and Egun are not Yorubas, as a yoloba can you speak or understand Awori or Egun language, they are different languages,the same way Istekiri language is different from Yoruba language, typo error
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 4:15pm On May 01, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Hahahahaha. Abeg face front you this loser. I repeat the only landgrabbers who jealously covet Lagos in the entire Nigeria are the yeebos. Anybody wey get the liver to drag Lagos with Yorubas should bring it on if them born Dem well. Lagos is strategically sandwiched by Yoruba territory so make those Northerners,Edos or Ijaws that you are falsely accusing of land grabbing ambitions come and collect Lasgidi if Dem born dem well and see if they wont end up under the Lagoon as fish food. grin

If Yee.bboz like make Una kill unasef over Abuja with the North na Una shingba be DAT. Yorubas don't give a flying fvck about Abuja coz they have Lagos and are ok with that, the North deliberately shifted the FCT to Abuja and are ok with that,na you Igbos be the losers coz in the end when Nigeria eventually breaks Una go end up with nothing just like el-rufai destroyed Una properties for Abuja with impunity,the Ikwerre and Ijaws (a minority ethnic group) also seized your properties and till today Una just dey whine about it and can't do shyt -- Yorubas coulda done same to you all and gotten away with it but we just felt too sorry for una. I warn you not to put your mi,d on those igbo properties in Abj (since in usual Ibo fashion you are already beating chest about them) coz Dem go become Sara (sacrifice) to the Northerners when the time comes. For the last time,tell your kinsmen to focus their efforts on Enugu for example and stop wasting their time investing in properties in other regions coz as sure as the setting of the sun they will lose them eventually and heaven will not fall -- the PH folks have already set the precedent. undecided
Last i checked, the Ibos are aggresively pushing for independent state of Biafra but you yolobas and northerners who see them as loosers refuse to grant independent or allow the region to go for referendum, You have Lagos and North have Abuja, Ibos have nothing, why are you people afraid of them living Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by AshiwajuFoward: 4:26pm On May 01, 2016
Rayhutar:

Last i checked, the Ibos are aggresively pushing for independent state of Biafra but you yolobas and northerners who see them as loosers refuse to grant independent or allow the region to go for referendum, You have Lagos and North have Abuja, Ibos have nothing, why are you people afraid of them living Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin

Hello Oga Ade, which Yorubas are afraid of yeebb.os leaving Nigeria?? If I had the authority today today I would bring an end to this unholy union called Nigeria and allow everybody to bear their papa name. Pray tell for goodness sakes what value are your people adding to Yorubaland and Yorubas that cannot be replaced by Yorubas in an independent country? Yorubas will have their much desired independence when the time is ripe. We have learned from history and bloody experience how NOT to fight for independence and refuse to be blackmailed by any other ethnic group's selfish designs. The Northerners themselves were once willing to leave the Nigeria union right after the counter-coup led by Murtala Muhammed, remember? It's not by mistake that they abandoned Lagos development and moved the FCT to the Northern region in preparation of a befitting capital for their future independent country. Even they KNOW that Nigeria is not sustainable on the long run, they are just bidding their time, sucking as much from One Nigeria as they can, and when the time is ripe (probably when Oyel is worth less than water) they will dissolve whatever is left of this country. Don't be under any illusions bro. My people are only against Kanu because in his quest to preach Biafura gospel he marked us as enemies, we are not against your ambitions, but neither will we fight your battles for you. Handle your bizness and let us handle ours. Kapish!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by ObinnaIzuora: 4:35pm On May 01, 2016
Rayhutar:

The truth hurts, can you hear and understand Awori or Egun languages as Yoruba

Pls stop disturbing my mentions with your senseless rants, I have ignore you immidiately i noticed your brain is filled with dust. You own Lagos, hope it will make you happy now.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by ObinnaIzuora: 4:36pm On May 01, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Hello Oga Ade, which Yorubas are afraid of yeebb.os leaving Nigeria?? If I had the authority today today I would bring an end to this unholy union called Nigeria and allow everybody to bear their papa name. Pray tell for goodness sakes what value are your people adding to Yorubaland and Yorubas that cannot be replaced by Yorubas in an independent country? Yorubas will have their much desired independence when the time is ripe. We have learned from history and bloody experience how NOT to fight for independence and refuse to be blackmailed by any other ethnic group's selfish designs. The Northerners themselves were once willing to leave the Nigeria union right after the counter-coup led by Murtala Muhammed, remember? It's not by mistake that they abandoned Lagos development and moved the FCT to the Northern region in preparation of a befitting capital for their future independent country. Even they KNOW that Nigeria is not sustainable on the long run, they are just bidding their time, sucking as much from One Nigeria as they can, and when the time is ripe (probably when Oyel is worth less than water) they will dissolve whatever is left of this country. Don't be under any illusions bro. My people are only against Kanu because in his quest to preach Biafura gospel he marked us as enemies, we are not against your ambitions, but neither will we fight your battles for you. Handle your bizness and let us handle ours. Kapish!

Stop wasting your time with the gala seller, read his post again and you will hate yourself for exchanging word with the dunce. Whats the meaning of Yoruba refuse to grant Ibo freedom? Lmaoooo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by MirabelArode(f): 4:52pm On May 01, 2016
The landlocked north needs an access to the sea and they already have it-Lagos. They developed lagos like everyone else and they'll spill blood for it if you decide to shut them out of what their groundnut helped to develop.

They are more confident in lagos than in anywhere else in the south that's why they can kill in mile12 and not run to the barracks like they did in Enugu.

The SESS already drink and bath in the atlantic so they won't fight for lagos but Dangote and his Arewa brothers MUST have access to the sea through lagos and that's why they've been investing there and they'll wage a Jihad to maintain their access to the atlantic. I pity yorubas. grin
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 5:04pm On May 01, 2016
MirabelArode:
The landlocked north needs an access to the sea and they already have it-Lagos. They developed lagos like everyone else and they'll spill blood for it if you decide to shut them out of what their groundnut helped to develop.

They are more confident in lagos than in anywhere else in the south that's why they can kill in mile12 and not run to the barracks like they did in Enugu.

The SESS already drink and bath in the atlantic so they won't fight for lagos but Dangote and his Arewa brothers MUST have access to the sea through lagos and that's why they've been investing there and they'll wage a Jihad to maintain their access to the atlantic. I pity yorubas. grin
Ibos only refer to Lagos as no man land under one Nigeria, but under independence lagos belong to SW but the Arewas will not withdraw from Lagos easily, because their Amadu Bello of Utman dan fodio have already tell them to ensure that they dip koran in the Atlantic ocean, they are working the script aready and some people are like a toad sitting on a warm water, FFK have already seen the hand writing on the wall, wetin concern Ibos with lagos when everybody go him papa house

1 Like

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 5:13pm On May 01, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

So you are waiting for oil to become worthless than water,and before you claim that you have lagos and everything that will make you to stand as a nation, now you depend on Niger delta oil to survive and are afraid of division until oil become worthless, if you cant survive on your own now without Niger delta oil, i dont think you will survive when the same oil you depend on becomes worthless grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by FKO81(m): 5:23pm On May 01, 2016
[s]
AshiwajuFoward:

If Yee.bboz like make Una kill unasef over Abuja with the North na Una shingba be DAT. Yorubas don't give a flying fvck about Abuja coz they have Lagos and are ok with that, the North deliberately shifted the FCT to Abuja and are ok with that,na you Igbos be the losers coz in the end when Nigeria eventually breaks Una go end up with nothing just like el-rufai destroyed Una properties for Abuja with impunity,the Ikwerre and Ijaws (a minority ethnic group) also seized your properties and till today Una just dey whine about it and can't do shyt -- Yorubas coulda done same to you all and gotten away with it but we just felt too sorry for una. I warn you not to put your mi,d on those igbo properties in Abj (since in usual Ibo fashion you are already beating chest about them) coz Dem go become Sara (sacrifice) to the Northerners when the time comes. For the last time,tell your kinsmen to focus their efforts on Enugu for example and stop wasting their time investing in properties in other regions coz as sure as the setting of the sun they will lose them eventually and heaven will not fall -- the PH folks have already set the precedent. undecided
[/s]
Most of you will come online and be writing rubbish, and who told Lagos is the least of our worry, and what natural resources do you have that will make an IGBO man to envy Lagos, the most stressful state to leave and do business, you guys are so confused when Igbos were protesting for Biafra, you guys came on castigated them, and calling for one Nigeria, you guys are saying Igbos should build their own Lagos, what did Yoruba built in Lagos if I may ask If you guys so much think Igbos can survive without Lagos, please you guys should join hand and campaign for Nigeria to disintegration let us watch the Igbos, Igbos have Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Anioma, Abia, Ebonyi and some part of Rivers, go Anambra what what gave Lagos edge over Anambra is FG structures, foreign investments and population, Anambra is second smallest state after Lagos, and second most density populated state after Lagos, both commercial and Industlised, just that one is get FG support and the other doesn't, Lagos been national commercial hub, all banks, oil companies etc have their headquarters in Lagos, give Igbo Biafra and watch both States how they will fair within five years, you major worry should be North, like some one always says West have future with north, they have invested heavy in West and they are still investing till tomorrow, all northern past and present leaders all have their investments in West non have in the east, they know this marriage will end one day, Dongote is building the only refinery in West, that should be your worry not East we careless about Lagos, we lost 98% of our investments during war we fully back. Kwara should be case study, northern only assess to sea is West, and from the Constitution from what I learnt few days ago, Fulani grazing areas are North and West. The hand write is there already, the day this country will break, that day most of you that write rubbish online will understand how important Igbos are to this nation. We care less about lagoon state worry about northern because you can hoodwinked them to do you well, they always like to be in control, who will you guys call to assist to push them out, Igbos It's hard to puzzle out, leave Igbos and start thinking, West is 60/40 Muslim and Christian, you Muslim brothers are under Supreme command of Sokoto Caliphate. Big task ahead cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by AshiwajuFoward: 5:32pm On May 01, 2016
Rayhutar:

So you are waiting for oil to become worthless than water, and before you claim that you have lagos and everything that will make you to stand as a nation, now you depend on Niger delta oil to survive and are afraid of division until oil become worthless, if you cant survive on your own now without Niger delta oil, i dont think you survive when the same oil you depend on becomes worthless grin grin grin grin

Ok, in deference to my fellas who have advised that I ignore your confused self, my parting shot to you is this: For the last time, get your eyes off Lagos coz you will end up heartbroken if you don't undecided , go and develop Enugu to Lagos/Abuja standard for posterity sake. You obviously have comprehension issues coz my allusion to the Oyel becoming worthless was in relation to the obvious reason why the North is still hanging on to One Nigeria, and not Yorubas. You lot are making it seem as though you need our permission to secede when you talk about us not granting you independence. Like WTF Or is that a veiled solicitation of our support? Coz if it is our support that you seek, you might as well come out and say you desire it in achieving this ambition of yours, else quit embarrassing your race by making such a disgraceful statement. The amount of money generated from our Land borders alone on a monthly basis (which goes to the centre) are enough to run our states in an independent Nation. We have two Oil producing states (Ondo & Lagos), the most Industrialized states in the entire country (Lagos & Ogun), more than enough land for Agriculture, mineral resources yakpa, Seaports, the infrastructure, e.t.c. I don't bloody care how Biafura fares after she finally gains independence (that's you all's business), so why the funk are you obsessing over our fate as an independent country? Rather than worry about how we will survive as a nation, just focus on your Biafura agitation and building a befitting capital for your future independent country. You are the one who invaded a Lagos/SW related thread to exhibit your foolishness, and you've gotten served wella. Think East bro, coz that is where your future will be secure.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by AshiwajuFoward: 5:36pm On May 01, 2016
FKO81:
[s]
Most of you will come online and be writing rubbish, and who told Lagos is the least of our worry, and what natural resources do you have that will make an IGBO man to envy Lagos, the most stressful state to leave and do business, you guys are so confused when Igbos were protesting for Biafra, you guys came on castigated them, and calling for one Nigeria, you guys are saying Igbos should build their own Lagos, what did Yoruba built in Lagos if I may ask If you guys so much think Igbos can survive without Lagos, please you guys should join hand and campaign for Nigeria to disintegration let us watch the Igbos, Igbos have Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Anioma, Abia, Ebonyi and some part of Rivers, go Anambra what what gave Lagos edge over Anambra is FG structures, foreign investments and population, Anambra is second smallest state after Lagos, and second most density populated state after Lagos, both commercial and Industlised, just that one is get FG support and the other doesn't, Lagos been national commercial hub, all banks, oil companies etc have their headquarters in Lagos, give Igbo Biafra and watch both States how they will fair within five years, you major worry should be North, like some one always says West have future with north, they have invested heavy in West and they are still investing till tomorrow, all northern past and present leaders all have their investments in West non have in the east, they know this marriage will end one day, Dongote is building the only refinery in West, that should be your worry not East we careless about Lagos, we lost 98% of our investments during war we fully back. Kwara should be case study, northern only assess to sea is West, and from the Constitution from what I learnt few days ago, Fulani grazing areas are North and West. The hand write is there already, the day this country will break, that day most of you that write rubbish online will understand how important Igbos are to this nation. We care less about lagoon state worry about northern because you can hoodwinked them to do you well, they always like to be in control, who will you guys call to assist to push them out, Igbos It's hard to puzzle out, leave Igbos and start thinking, West is 60/40 Muslim and Christian, you Muslim brothers are under Supreme command of Sokoto Caliphate. Big task ahead cool cool[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Rayhutar(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Ok, in deference to my fellas who have advised that I ignore your confused self, my parting shot to you is this: For the last time, get your eyes off Lagos coz you will end up heartbroken if you don't undecided , go and develop Enugu to Lagos/Abuja standard for posterity sake. You obviously have comprehension issues coz my allusion to the Oyel becoming worthless was in relation to the obvious reason why the North is still hanging on to One Nigeria, and not Yorubas. You lot are making it seem as though you need our permission to secede when you talk about us not granting you independence. Like WTF Or is that a veiled solicitation of our support? Coz if it is our support that you seek, you might as well come out and say you desire it in achieving this ambition of yours, else quit embarrassing your race by making such a disgraceful statement. The amount of money generated from our Land borders alone on a monthly basis (which goes to the centre) are enough to run our states in an independent Nation. We have two Oil producing states (Ondo & Lagos), the most Industrialized states in the entire country (Lagos & Ogun), more than enough land for Agriculture, mineral resources yakpa, Seaports, the infrastructure, e.t.c. I don't bloody care how Biafura fares after she finally gains independence (that's you all's business), so why the funk are you obsessing over our fate as an independent country? Rather than worry about how we will survive as a nation, just focus on your Biafura agitation and building a befitting capital for your future independent country. You are the one who invaded a Lagos/SW related thread to exhibit your foolishness, and you've gotten served wella. Think East bro, coz that is where your future will be secure.
You have all this and yet your states are queuing up in Abuja begging for bailout from proceeds from Niger delta oil

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by FKO81(m): 5:48pm On May 01, 2016
[s]
AshiwajuFoward:

[/s] My friend no body is interested in your southwest, if we are we will not be agitating for Biafran fra, I have been to all southwestern States, they can't be compare to their eastern counterpart, Lagos is smallest in land mass in middle of lagoon, the city is proon typhoon, Lagos is 70% slum, if you have traveled outside your region you will know Igbos care less about Lagos, so far we are one Nigeria you will see then in ever nooks and crannies of this nation making their money not just west, if you are sick of seeing their presence campaign with you energy for Nigeria to disintegration and stop have Igbophobia, you disturbing our peace with your rants

1 Like

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 01, 2016
FKO81:
[s][/s]
Most of you will come online and be writing rubbish, and who told Lagos is the least of our worry, and what natural resources do you have that will make an IGBO man to envy Lagos, the most stressful state to leave and do business, you guys are so confused when Igbos were protesting for Biafra, you guys came on castigated them, and calling for one Nigeria, you guys are saying Igbos should build their own Lagos, what did Yoruba built in Lagos if I may ask If you guys so much think Igbos can survive without Lagos, please you guys should join hand and campaign for Nigeria to disintegration let us watch the Igbos, Igbos have Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Anioma, Abia, Ebonyi and some part of Rivers, go Anambra what what gave Lagos edge over Anambra is FG structures, foreign investments and population, Anambra is second smallest state after Lagos, and second most density populated state after Lagos, both commercial and Industlised, just that one is get FG support and the other doesn't, Lagos been national commercial hub, all banks, oil companies etc have their headquarters in Lagos, give Igbo Biafra and watch both States how they will fair within five years, you major worry should be North, like some one always says West have future with north, they have invested heavy in West and they are still investing till tomorrow, all northern past and present leaders all have their investments in West non have in the east, they know this marriage will end one day, Dongote is building the only refinery in West, that should be your worry not East we careless about Lagos, we lost 98% of our investments during war we fully back. Kwara should be case study, northern only assess to sea is West, and from the Constitution from what I learnt few days ago, Fulani grazing areas are North and West. The hand write is there already, the day this country will break, that day most of you that write rubbish online will understand how important Igbos are to this nation. We care less about lagoon state worry about northern because you can hoodwinked them to do you well, they always like to be in control, who will you guys call to assist to push them out, Igbos It's hard to puzzle out, leave Igbos and start thinking, West is 60/40 Muslim and Christian, you Muslim brothers are under Supreme command of Sokoto Caliphate. Big task ahead cool cool

All these your copy and paste from Elombah won't save you today but I no go too kick you for yansh before Mook44 ban me
All you plantain chips boys will come here and be mouthing off about how Lagos is stressful and stuff yet "We must go Lagos" is one of the biggest songs to come out of the east grin . I remember someone saying they use that line to catch dem hairy Nne over there. I
go just dey look una cheesy

You said if we think dem plantain chips boys can't survive without Lagos, we should join hands and support your camapaign. Make me
leave my place of work go dey jog in support of Biafra cheesy grin. Oh well.. I'd do that If I had much fat in me. You think getting
independence is achieved on Nairaland bah grin grin cheesy

Are you really asking us what Yoruba built in Lagos? We've done this several times so I'm not interested in schooling your ass.
I see you comparing Anambra to Ogun. Anambra ko, Anam-pant ni cheesy grin E be like say you drink pito and kerosene this morning.
Measure your dick with Enugu first before daring to put Anambra and Lagos in the same line.You know that's an insult eh? Oh yeah.. let me beat my chest a little bit. Enugu and Anambra IGR combined isn't even up to Ogun IGR. We should be comparing those 2 to sagamu not Ogun state as a whole

You're telling us about how Dangote is building the West. It's still paining you no one is looking at the land of the drugging sun
so you're trying to rubbish it cheesy

The same land of the drugging sun that a plantain chips man himself wrote an article about and concluded that the country
can't stand on its own. You think its by large deposits of coal,red mud and flat-heads bah grin grin Oh..before you take this out of
context, I really don't care whether the druggiez republic can stand on it's own ooo. I just want to see your asses out of Yorubaland
I swear I'll throw a big bash in my street the day that happens

You'll come here and be telling us how the West is muslim and blah blah like say na Nursery rhyme
If the west is 100% muslim nko cheesy What do you want to do about it?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by OkutaNla: 6:14pm On May 01, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

You're telling us about how Dangote is building the West. It's still paining you no one is looking at the land of the drugging sun

You got me in stitches bro.cheesy I heard Dangote also has a Cement plant in far away Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Zambia, I guess that means the 'dreadful' Northerners want to colonize those countries too. grin Some SE folks and their gala-seller brains. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 01, 2016
OkutaNla:

You got me stitches bro.cheesy I heard Dangote also has a Cement plant in far away Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Zambia, I guess that means the 'dreadful' Northerners want to colonize those countries too. grin Some SE folks and their gala-seller brains. Smh.

You dey mind dem?

Colonize ko, Kolomental ni. Awon odoyo cheesy cheesy

Instead of them to continue chasing cars so they can make enough cash for the day, dem go stay
under shed dey type nonsense on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by FKO81(m): 6:34pm On May 01, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

All these your copy and paste from Elombah won't save you today but I no go too kick you for yansh before Mook44 ban me
All you plantain chips boys will come here and be mouthing off about how Lagos is stressful and stuff yet "We must go Lagos" is one of the biggest songs to come out of the east grin . I remember someone saying they use that line to catch dem hairy Nne over there. I
go just dey look una cheesy

You said if we think dem plantain chips boys can't survive without Lagos, we should join hands and support your camapaign. Make me
leave my place of work go dey jog in support of Biafra cheesy grin. Oh well.. I'd do that If I had much fat in me. You think getting
independence is achieved on Nairaland bah grin grin cheesy

Are you really asking us what Yoruba built in Lagos? We've done this several times so I'm not interested in schooling your ass.
Anambra ko, Anam-pant ni cheesy grin E be like say you drink pito and kerosene this morning. Measure your dick with Enugu first before
daring to put Anambra and Lagos in the same line.You know that's an insult eh? Oh yeah.. let me beat my chest a little bit.
Enugu and Anambra IGR combined isn't even up to Ogun IGR. We should be comparing those 2 to sagamu not Ogun state
as a whole

The same land of the drugging sun that a plantain chips man himself wrote an article about and concluded that the country
can't stand on its own. You think its by large deposits of coal,red mud and flat-head bah grin grin Oh..before you take this out of
context, I really don't care whether the druggiez republic can stand on it's own ooo. I just want to see your asses out of Yorubaland
. I swear I'll throw a big bash in my street the day that happens

All you plantain chips boys will come here and be telling us how the West is muslim and blah blah like say na Nursery rhyme
If the west is 100% muslim nko cheesy What do you want to do about it?

It's not about Igr, Ogun State can not be compare to Anambra in development index 98% of the industries and markets in Anambra are owned by Anambra answer, if you have been to both States and be writing rubbish. You can open thread let us compare both States in all ramifications Ogun is backward when compared to Anambra, I can't dying because of their proximity to Lagos and chip land investors prefer to setup their industries, if you will be frank to yourself and possibly been to Anambra you will know once you enter Asaba down to Onitsha and the sub towns it's same Lagos settings except some area like VI, IKOYI AND MARINA

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Sunky200: 6:34pm On May 01, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

U re Mad, what is the Meaning of AWO-RI

you want to tell me am not a Yoruba then answer my question..?
Asiwere omo adanu, oni se orire, o ma shokun nii

If dem born ur papa well come talk this nonesense for my hood..I can give u my adress.
Awon to ni e ma fi oju sunkun e ni..
Oponu , apoda ologbere afofun gbemu oloshi.

my man, calm down and take it easy. we westerners are very respectful and intelligent for some intruding minors.
this is a beautiful thread.
handle the dude with maturity
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 01, 2016
FKO81:

It not about, about Igr, Ogun State can not be compare to Anambra in development index 98% of the industries and markets in Anambra are owned by Anambra answer, if you have been to both States and be writing rubbish. You can open thread let us compare both States in all ramifications Ogun is backward when compared to Anambra, I can't dying because of their proximity to Lagos and chip land investors prefer to setup their industries, if you will be frank to yourself and possibly been to Anambra you will know once you enter Asaba down to Onitsha and the sub towns it's same Lagos settings except some area like VI, IKOYI AND MARINA

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by RockHard: 7:00pm On May 01, 2016
FKO81:

It not about, about Igr, Ogun State can not be compare to Anambra in development index 98% of the industries and markets in Anambra are owned by Anambra answer, if you have been to both States and be writing rubbish. You can open thread let us compare both States in all ramifications Ogun is backward when compared to Anambra, I can't dying because of their proximity to Lagos and chip land investors prefer to setup their industries, if you will be frank to yourself and possibly been to Anambra you will know once you enter Asaba down to Onitsha and the sub towns it's same Lagos settings except some area like VI, IKOYI AND MARINA

I find it puzzling how you SE folks like to decide the standard by which you want to be measured relative to others. All of a sudden you are now saying "it's not about IGR", whereas if your Anambra's IGR was better than Ogun's that would be your number one basis of measuring their relative performances. I've found out that whenever you all are outperformed in any way you would instantly 'shift goal post' and create another standard that puts you ahead of others just to soothe your egos. For starters, Ogun is more than 3 times the size of Anambra state (Anambra total landmass area is: 1,870 mi², Ogun is 6,556 mi²) and there simply is no basis for comparison between both states in terms of development when we really get down to it as Ogun will always come tops, thanks in part to her proximity to Lagos. Anambra is apparently too chocked up without planning and space, hence the need for those dreadful-looking 'high-rises' that litter the landscape. The quality and sort of ultra-modern housing development taking shape in Ogun has no comparison in the entire SE, let alone Anambra, and the level of development going on in the state industrially blows the socks out of Anambra and will continue to do so into the foreseeable future. I understand that this is a bitter pill for you all to swallow hence your predilection to always come up with your own standards to stay ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by FKO81(m): 7:11pm On May 01, 2016
OkutaNla:

And you forgot that since 19 century you lost Ilorin is under Sokoto Caliphate, read this,

The Socio-Political Effects of the Conferment of Islamic Titles in Ilorin Emirate in the 20th Century

[b]
Abstract
Sokoto Caliphate came to being in 1809 after a successful Jihad against the Habe rulers for their persistence in syncretism, political and economic exploitations, social degradation and corruption, in spite of religious and political exhortation by the Ulama. The success of the Sokoto Jihad informed other Jihads within the northern region. This culminated into the birth of the different Emirates of the Sokoto Caliphate. The Caliphate served as a guide to the Emirate Authorities. The Ilorin Emirate authority which was established 1823 was no exception. It looked up to the Caliphate authorities on matters of policies, either political, religious, social or economic. Abdulsalam, having been recognised as the Amir of Ilorin by the Gwandu authorities, he also conferred titles on some people for effective administration of Ilorin Emirate. This paper examines the effects of the conferment of Islamic titles on the Socio-Political development of the Ilorin Emirate in the 20th Century. It argues that although the pattern has been affected among other factors by time, local peculiarities and modernity, the system has contributed immensely to the growth and development of Ilorin Emirate.

Introduction
Since the establishment of Ilorin Emirate in 1823, different categories of Islamic titles have evolved, each category serving different but related and complementary roles in the Emirate. The first category and the oldest is the religio-political titles such as Imams, Ladani, Ajanasi and Alfa Rabana. The second category is socio-political. This includes the Baloguns, Maggajis and Daudus. The third category is political and socio-economic in nature. This includes titles such as Waziri, Wali and such other honorific titles. Although, all of the categories are mentioned in this paper, attention is paid to the honorific Islamic titles to the development of the Emirate. It is important to stress here that some titled like Balogun, Makama, Iyalaje, Turaki, Dan Mazani etc. that are not of Islamic origin but that have been adopted to promote Islam and Islamic culture have been used in this paper as Islamic titles because they have been conferred on Muslims to further the cause of Islam.
Historical Origin of Islamic Titles
Furthermore, during the dynasty and caliphate periods, titles such as Caliph, Imam, Wazir, Qadi, Amil were prominent,3 in the northern part of Nigeria. With the establishment of Sokoto Caliphate in 1809, titles like Sultan, Amir, Imam, Qadi, Mu-adhdhin, Wali, were used as against the traditional Habe rulers titles.4 However, the traditional Habe rulers titles seemed to have been shunned temporarily as we shall see later.
Among the Yoruba of Western Nigeria, the practice of conferment of Islamic titles started in the 19th century5 and continues till date with some peculiarities which shall be discussed later in this paper.
Origins and Development of Islamic Titles in Ilorin Emirate
In Ilorin, conferment of titles could be traced back to 1817 when Shaikh Alimi arrived in Ilorin. The Ulama group he met on ground conferred on him the title of Chief Imam (Imam Jamiu) for his piety and erudition.6 The system became standardized and well entrenched after the establishment of Ilorin Emirate in 1823 and the recognition of Abdulsalam by the Sokoto Caliphate authorities as the Emir.7 He conferred some titles on eminent personalities in order to consolidate the religious, social and political gains of the nascent Emirate. The titles created and the officers appointed were Imam Fulani (Shaikh Ahmad Sanni succeeded Shaikh Alimi as the Chief Imam and was the first Imam Fulani). Imam Imole (Shaikh Garuba Yusuf was the first Imam Imole but his father Shaikh Yusuf Al-Mali was until his death the Ajanasi (Reciter of Quran) to Shaikh Alimi). The third title was Imam Gambari given to Shaikh AbdulBaki. Since the establishment of these titles, the holders functioned primarily as spiritual leaders and advisers on religio-political affairs in the Emirate. These titles are domesticated by their families.8 The positions of Ladan (caller of prayers) and Ajanasi (Reciter of Quran) were introduced and conferred on people by Emir Zulu Karnaini Gambari (1959-1992).9 The position of Ladani is rotated between Isale Oja and Agunbiade families while the position of Ajanasi is rotated between Oloyin and Bature families. The Sarumi and Erubu families have also produced one Ajanasi each. The Sarumi candidate was a student of Oloyin who deputized for him while in his sick bed. Upon the death of his master, he was appointed. The Erubu candidate got it through the magnanimity of Emir Zulu Karnaini Gambari. Within the above structure there is the Alfa Rabana who offers closing prayer at functions.10
In the second category of titles, there are the Baloguns (Alanamu, Ajikobi, Gambari, and Fulani) whom Danmole described as Imarat al Jaysh, (principal officers) and the Magajis and Daudus that could be described as sub-Baloguns. They man the sub-wards of the Baloguns but they are independent of the Baloguns. They are accountable to the Emir who appoints and turbans them. The Baloguns, Magajis and Daudus are the political heads of their different wards and sub-wards respectively.11 These appointments which were first made by Emir Abdulsalam were meant to reward soldiers who distinguished themselves at war fronts. It equally gave the opportunity of equal representation to the various ethnic groups in Ilorin at the Emirs Council, the highest decision making body in Ilorin. As the Emir relates with the principal Imams on matters of religion, so also do the Baloguns, Magajis and Daudus relate with principal Imam and other quarters Imams on matters that concern Islamic legislation. This translates into the integration of the different groups. Besides the advisory role of the Baloguns to the Emir, they are also king makers.12
The third category of Islamic titles started in Ilorin in 1955 during the reign of Emir Abdukadir 1 (1896-1957). He conferred titles on two illustrious sons of Ilorin who were found worthy, for their contributions to the continuous existence and stability of Ilorin Emirate and the socio-political and religio-economic advancement of both the Emirate and its people. The title of Madawaki of Ilorin Emirate was conferred on Alhaji Yahaya Popoola while Alhaji Muhammed Ajelagbe Gobir was conferred with the title of the first Waziri of Ilorin.13 These two personalities were among the first group of people in Ilorin Emirate that had western education, and they ranked to the peak of their professions as civil servants and politicians. They were believed to have used their positions to advance the cause of the Emirate anytime anywhere. They were the liaison officers between the Emirate authorities and the colonial authorities. All of these qualified them for the titles. By the death of Emir Abdulkadir in 1959, there were only the Madawaki and the Waziri.14
Between 1959 and 1992, which coincided with the reign of Emir Zulu Karnaini Gambari, about eleven substantive titles were introduced and conferred on Ilorin Emirate indigenes by the Emirate council. The titles were that much at that time because the period witnessed array of achievements, progress and advancement of the Emirate indigenes in all walks of life. Many Ilorin indigenes attained enviable heights in their chosen careers – Military, Civil Service, Business and Politics. Many of them worked dutifully to advance the cause of the Emirate within the limits of their power.15 The conferment of the titles, beside being a reward also helped to increase their participation in the affairs of the Emirate.
In 1962, Alhaji AbdulGaniy Folorunsho Abdulrazaq was conferred with Mutawali of Ilorin. Late Alhaji Sanni Olarewaju Ibrahim Okin was conferred with Turaki of Ilorin in 1963 (d. 1973). Late Alhaji Saadu Ayinla Alanamu (a.k.a. Gbogbo-Iwe) was conferred with Waziri in 1963 after the death of the first Waziri. Alhaji (Dr) Abubakar Olusola Saraki in 1974 was conferred with the Turaki of Ilorin after the death of the first Turaki. In 1979, Alhaji Abubakar Lah was conferred with Shetima of Ilorin. In 1984, the present Emir Alhaji Ibrahim Gambari was conferred with Ciroma of Ilorin. In 1986, Alhaji (Dr) Amuda Aluko was conferred with Tafidan Ilorin. While in 1987, Alhaji Mamud Akanbi Oniyangi was conferred with Wali of Ilorin. The title of Iyalaje was conferred on Alhaja Abebi Akosile in 1987, while the title of Ajiroba was conferred on Alhaji Abdulsalam Ebun Agbabiaka. In 1990, Lawyer Safi Jimba was conferred with Shamakin Ilorin.16
Between 1992, when Emir Zulu Gambari died, and year 2000, the Ilorin Emirate council has conferred about six titles on individuals. Among the titles were Dan-Iya conferred on Alhaji Folorunsho Kawu, Daudu Agaka, Makama, conferred on Alhaji Ibrahim Oniye; Magayakin, conferred on Alhaji Idirs Mahmud; Dan-Madami conferred on Alhaji Adebayo Alaya and Dan-Masani conferred on Alhaji Hassan Abdulkadir, all in 1993. In 1997, the Iya Adinni, Alhaja Asimau Gogo Alawo honoured by Zulu Gambari died and Alhaja Salimota Yahaya Ori-Okoh became the new Iya Adinni of Ilorin.17
At this juncture, it is important to note that some Yoruba titles have found their ways into the list of the Emirate titles. They include the Balogun, the Ajiroba, Iyalaje and Iya Adinni. Danmole is of the opinion that the first Emir of Ilorin Abdulsalam might have been ignorant of the warning of Shaikh Usman Danfodiyo against the use of pre-Islamic titles when he ratified the use of Balogun as a title in Ilorin. Or that he ignored the teaching because of the local circumstances in Ilorin.18 Although Danmole does not explain the circumstances, it is possible that he adopted the use of the title of Balogun on the advice of his Yoruba lieutenants some of whom the title was to be given. Since they were Yoruba, they must have preferred the title bearing in mind the power of the Balogun in the political arrangement or structure of old Oyo Empire.19 Another reason could be that Shaikh Usman’s warning only affected titles that ran contrary to Islamic beliefs and philosophy. It should be noted too that at this period, the pre-caliphate titles had also found their way into the caliphate system, most especially after the death of Shaikh Usuman Danfodiyo Habe titles like Galadima, Ciroma, Hakimai, Sarki Yaki and a host of others resurfaced20 but now conferred on genuine Muslims. This might have informed the use of the title Balogun by the Emir and the reason for the caliphate authorities not to challenge the use of the title.
However, the adoption of the titles Ajiroba, Iyalaje and Iya Adinni could be explained from the point of view of the influence of the Yoruba on Ilorin. Since Ilorin is geographically a transitory zone, it borrows ideas from both the northern and the western parts of Nigeria. The Yoruba of western Nigeria instituted Islamic titles in the 19th century to aid the spread of Islam in Yorubaland.21 However, the titles are indigenized and some were coined from the traditional political structure. The titles so far conferred in Yorubaland include Imam, Noibi, Onitafusiru, Baba Adinni, Balogun, Otun-Balogun, Osi-Balogun, Eketa, Ekerin-Balogun, Ajanasi, Seriki, Parakoyi, Sarumi, Asipa and Ladani.22
Other titles awarded by the league of Imams and Alfas in southern Nigeria include the Baba Adinni of Nigeria conferred on Alhaji Abdulwahab Folawiyo, Aare Musulumi given to Alhaji AbdulAzeez Arisekola Alao, Baba adinni of Yorubaland conferred on late Alhaji Mashood Abiola. Others are Iya Adinni of Yorubaland, Alhaja Sekinat Adekola23, and Iya Adinni of Nigeria, Alhaja Bolajoko Kadir.
At this juncture it is important to stress that although one cannot ascribe total perfection to the system of conferment of titles in Ilorin Emirate to a large extent, it is sanitized. Unlike in the South-westr where Islamic titles are said to be conferred on people of lower integrity, for socio-political and economic reasons, the Ilorin Emirate authorities so far have conferred titles on people of proven integrity and outstanding contributions to Islam and humanity.24
According to Adekunle, Islamic titles are conferred on Muslims to discourage them from taking unislamic titles inculcate in their minds Islamic orientation and awareness and to maximize the use of their influence and financial buoyancy in the cause of Islam.25 The system has aided the spread of Islam in Yorubaland. The title holders have been contributing their quotas immensely in the religious, educational, social, political, economic advancement of the Muslims and Islam in their areas through the use of their political and financial powers.26
Socio-Political Effects
The title holders have remained the centre point to which the Emirate authority and its people recourse in terms of need. They have been contributing individually and collectively to the advancement of the Emirate, socially, politically, economically and most importantly religiously. For instance, on religious programmes like sponsoring Islamic programmes on the radio and television and in the newspapers as well as mobilizing people for religious activities. Names like Dr. Olusola Saraki, The Turaki of Ilorin, Alhaji Adebayo Alaya, The Dan-Madami of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Oniye, The Makama of Ilorin and Alhaja Salimota Yahaya Ori-Okoh, the Iya Adinni of Ilorin are prominent.27

Alhaji Sanni Okin, the first Turaki of Ilorin, was extolled for his role in the establishment and administration of the first community primary school in Ilorin. United Primary School, Ilorin in 1944; and he extended government scholarship to Ilorin indigenes to pursue western education. In the same vein, the Wali of Ilorin, Alhaji Mamud Akanbi Oniyangi, is also believed to have granted scholarship to Ilorin indigenes for the pursuit of western education.30
On the advancement of the cause of Ilorin, it is noted that the Mutawali of Ilorin, Alhaji A.G.F.Abdulrazaq, in 1957, single-handedly, and successfully too, prevented Ilorin Emirates merge with the western region at the Willink Commission.31 He is, since then, being called defender-of-no-merger. In 1974, lawyers Mustapha Akanbi, Mahmud Akanbi Oniyangi, and Ibrahim Gambari (present Emir) successfully defended the community’s interest against illegal acquisition of some sections of the Emirate land by the State Government at the Soladoye Commission of 1974.32 Furthermore, in 1988, the Samaki of Ilorin – Lawyer Safi Jimba, successfully defended Ilorin Local Government Area edict that prohibits the manufacturing and sales of liquor within the indigenous areas of Ilorin, which was challenged at the law court by the Kwara State Beer Dealers.
On welfarism, Dr. Olushola Saraki, the Turaki of Ilorin reigns prominently, not only in Ilorin but all over Kwara State. He spends lavishly to assist the masses and embarks on community development projects, like sinking of boreholes, water tanks, laying of water pipes etc. He also contributed financially into the construction of Pakata road in Ilorin and a number of mosques within and outside the Emirate. He sends some Muslims (from among the masses) to Mecca for the holy pilgrimage annually.34 All these, some people believe, are done for political relevance as he gives money to the Christians too. Of note also is the worthy efforts of the Iyalaje of Ilorin, Alhaja Abebi Akosile, at making food available and affordable to the masses. The Iyalaje is the architect of food revolving scheme in Ilorin. In order to check the unprecedented hike in food prices in Ilorin, and Kwara State as a whole, in the 90s, she, in conjunction with some private businessmen and organizations and the State Women Commission, bought food items (in commercial quantity) and sold them to the masses at an open market at a reduced price.35
Furthermore, many of the title holders have used their multifarious influences to assist the unemployed graduates of Ilorin to secure employment at all levels of government and at private firms. Some have also provided employment to indigenes in their private businesses. Dr. Amuda Aluko Tafidan Ilorin, established his Garin-Alimi hospital, Ilorin, where about seventy percent of the work-force is from Ilorin. A number of Ilorin indigenes also work at the various branches of the Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria, established by Dr. Abubakar Olushola Saraki, the Turaki of Ilorin before it went distressed.
On the part of the title holders, the titles conferred on them socio-political and economic relevance, not only within the Emirate but also in Nigeria and beyond. In fact, people respect them wherever they go and see them as ambassadors of their community. The positions give them the opportunity to be known and heard in the society. They enhance their personal, social, political and religious status and those of their families.
People associate with them, extend to and seek marriage relationship with them and their families, in order that their social status too would be enhanced. Little wonders then that the turbanning ceremonies are usually characterized with fun fair, pomp and pageantry.
It is important to note, and in fact stress that the Emir remains the rallying point for all the title holders. There seems to exist a wide gap among the title holders. There is no visible collective development project, rather each one on his/her own project. The causes of these are beyond the scope of this work. This situation, no doubt, has its implications on the prosperity of the Emirate.
Conclusion
The conferment of titles in Ilorin Emirate is as old as the Emirate itself. It started as a means to consolidate religio-political and socio-economic gains of the then nascent Emirate. It grew gradually and steadily, through the ages, to become a powerful tool to reward selfless communal efforts. The titles ranged from religio-political, to socio-economic ones. The first two are hereditary while the latter is not.
The holders of these titles commit themselves to the upliftment of the Emirate by contributing their quotas within the limits of their powers. Today their visible contributions have boosted the socio-political standards of Ilorin Emirate
[/b].
http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/jawondo/CONFERMENT%20OF%20TITLE%20IN%20iLORIN..hmm
Ilorin was under Oyo empire before now under Sokoto Caliphate, a case study, many of you didn't know Ogun and Oyo was under grazing area mapped out since 80s in Nigeria constitution until the Fulani secretary revealed on channels TV few days ago.
Re: Lagos, O’dua Group And Economic Integration Promise by OkutaNla: 7:27pm On May 01, 2016
FKO81:

And you forgot that since 19 century you lost Ilorin is under Sokoto Caliphate, read this,

Lol. Shaking my head. Una people still dey refugee camp because Fulani herdsmen don turn them to destitutes yet you are here talking about an Ilorin where the current Governor is a pure-bred Yorubaman cheesy with powers to sack the Emir if he so wishes. The Yorubas in ilorin are not complaining about being in bondage or of having an Emirate so I could care less really. Unlike your people who are agitating for 'freedom' (only slaves ask for freedom). This your opata yarns no be am at all guy. You are better off going to volunteer as a vigilante to help protect Enugu and the other SE states from getting butt-fvcked again by those herdsmen, rather than invading a Yoruba/SW related thread to exhibit your renowned stewpidity. undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“shine Your Eyes”, Hon Adebutu Charges Youth, Electorates / Ojo Maduekwe In Government, Again? / House Wants Ibru, Akingbola Stripped Of National Honours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.