Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? (1322 Views)

As History Beckons: Who Will Bell The Cat? / Picture Of Governor Wike Holding A Bell / NASS JUMBO PAY - Operations Occupy Nass: Who Will Bell The Cat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by mowapa(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2006
"Therefore, I have decided to exercise the democratic right that our Constitution guaranteed to all eligible Nigerians namely the freedom to vie for elective offices. In  this regard, I am pleased to inform you formally my intention to seek the ticket of my Party to contest the 2007 election to the office of the Federal Republic of  Nigeria. I have reached the decision after exhaustive consultation with my family, friends, associates, supporters and several; well-meaning compatriots across the  length and breadth of our great nation. It is my hope that as a democratically elected President, I will be in a position to place at the disposal of my country the wealth  of my relevant experience and knowledge of the intricacies and complexities of our nation. I will commit myself to consolidating the recent gains and explore new  frontiers in the quest of prosperity, orderly and evenly spread development initiatives for a sustainable and enduring happiness for the great people of our country"

This quot i took out of a letter written by IBB OR HIS GHOST WRITERS to the house and senate informing them of his decision to vie 4 office. haba this barawo have forgotten how he banned some Nigerians from exercising the same right. when history and engineered circumstance hoist him on us then, we were afraid of his uniform and his gun this time we are wiser. what wealth of experience is he talking of, stealing, looting, killing, closing down university,the phantom vasta coup, more political prisoners than any regime in Nigeria history, state sponsored murder, ejigbo air disaster,drug running, closing media house, or the death of many young soldier in Liberia or sierra Leone.May your life be substituted with that right to vie u are now claiming
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by ikamefa(f): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2006
mo wapa:

"
.May your life be substituted with that right to vie u are now claiming

ashe!
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2006
Why is no one reading this thread are they afraid that they might be jail. No now this is democracy every body say a big amen to the prayer.AMEN
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by Odeku(m): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2006
mo wapa Bo bo Mi ma pa won on, Abeg no kill them oh, I keep telling this boys here don't mess with my CHI town clicks
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by BigB11(m): 11:12pm On Nov 16, 2006
Dude (MO WAPA): This is a letter from IBB, you need to post the entire letter; what is wrong with you?
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by BigB11(m): 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2006
Friends and family, this is the rest of the letter:

[b]As the race to the 2007 presidential elections hots up, former military president and an aspirant on the platform of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has formally written to principal officers of the Senate, as well as senators, intimating them of his intention to succeed President Olusegun Obasanjo, even as he declared that relevant experience and tested patriotic commitment to the cause of Nigeria are his credentials.

In the letter dated October 31, 2006, and personally signed by Babangida himself, he poured encomiums on the senators for fighting doggedly for the sustenance of the country’s democracy by protecting the spirit of the constitution and the corporate existence of Nigeria.

He further stated that he was making himself available for the country’s topmost job because of his conviction that there was a genuine need to strengthen and where necessary institutionalize what he referred to as the “worthy achievements” of the last seven and a half years, adding that if elected as President, he would be in a position to place at the country’s disposal his wealth of relevant experience and knowledge of the intricacies and complexities of Nigeria, with a view to reinforcing the pillars of the country’s federalism.

The letter reads in part: “The countdown to 2007 general elections has started and we are again at yet another crucial point in the task of ensuring an enduring democracy and Nigerians are unsure whether our country can pass through this very complicated phase wholly and unified with common purpose. All well-meaning Nigerians are once more looking up to you and your colleagues in the Senate and the House of Representatives as the last vestiges of hope of the sustenance of our democracy.

“The outcome of how well the Senate is steered during the end of term of the present administration will determine how well Nigerians will face the challenges of electing their next leaders. The hope of a majority of our people is to see how with the sustenance of democracy they could truly reap the benefits and enjoy the much-awaited dividends of democratization. Their hope is that a new leadership will advance the cause of democracy and extend the benefits to guarantee better life and prosperity for the greatest majority of Nigerians.

“As the search for a new leadership begins, I am aware that well-meaning and qualified Nigerians have indicated interest in joining the race for elective public office at various levels in the exercise of their rights as guaranteed by the constitution of the country. Taking into consideration the enormity of the challenges of development that confront us, we are again at the crossroads in the political history of our country when the benefit of relevant experience and tested patriotic commitment of the nation are desirable. This is more in order to sustain and advance the vision of a united stable and prosperous Nigeria .

“Therefore I have decided to exercise the democratic right that our constitution guarantees to all eligible Nigerians namely the freedom to vie for elective offices. In this regard, I am pleased to inform you formally of my intention to seek the ticket of my party to contest the 2007 election to the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I have reached this decision after exhaustive consultations with my family, friends, associates, supporters and several well-meaning compatriots across the length and breadth of our great nation. It is my hope that as a democratically elected President, I will be in a position to place at the disposal of my country the wealth of my relevant experience and knowledge of the intricacies and complexities of our nation. I will commit myself to consolidating the recent gains and explore new frontiers in the quest for prosperity, orderly and evenly spread development initiatives for a sustainable and enduring happiness for the great people of our country.”

[/b]
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by BigB11(m): 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2006
This cat is focused, I could just see those lion eyes.

Look out guys, he's going for the GOLD
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by mowapa(m): 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2006
The only gold that cat will get is a golden casket, or gold wrapper at his burial
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by Odeku(m): 11:50pm On Nov 16, 2006
IBB should fire who ever wrote that script for him. they are just setting his ass up for destruction. How can you compare politics to

sports? Going for a gold, even my 7 year old child won't make such a remark when you know all eyes are on you. haba
Re: Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat? by lewa(m): 3:27am On Nov 17, 2006
"The Nigerian people" would bell the gap toothed cat,oops rat.They would take his money and sing his praises but deride him when the time comes.For Omo Omoruyi and his ilk who wrote this 2nd grade speech what a sham. Biggie(Big B1) your dad's gonna lose and he's got a series of hurdles to clear, legal and otherwise,just wait and see wink

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigerian Politics And Politicians Deaf, Dumb, Blind And Lame? / Is It True That You Cannot Become Anything In Nigeria Until You Travel Abroad? / New Ministers To Be Sworn-in Next Week The List:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.