Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen (44378 Views)

Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu / Nobody Can Stop Us From Grazing Our Cattle In The South — Fulani Herdsmen Boas / "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by ALAYORMII: 9:52am On May 01, 2016
kropotkin11:
The fulanis who are Nigerians just like the rest of us have a constitutional right to unrestricted movement to all parts of the country. The law enforcement agencies also have a duty to provide protection to all Nigerians everywhere

All the citizens of Nigeria has freedom of movement but when you start encroaching on others right then you're breaking the law already.

Are their cows citizens of Nigeria too?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by omobaekiti: 9:53am On May 01, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

PMB is the one sponsoring the fulani attacks!!
how childish...he sponsored BH to distabilise the government of GEJ...now he is sponsoring Fulani herdsmen to do what nah...what does he stand to gain...before long you will start calling somebody dullard,zombie etc...please look closely what you call others is close by.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by mightyhazel: 9:56am On May 01, 2016
santori:

guy, you are not making any sense at all. those people you claim are selling clothes and vehicular parts in all the nukes and crannies of the country are not doing at the expense of other people's livelihood, they have never been involved in violent clashes wherever they are, they rent the spaces they do their trade, they also pay taxes to their hosts.

all lands belongs to the government truly, which is of course state government. thank God 3 governors(oyo,ondo &enugu) have come to declare against the fulani roaming about in their domain.

we are in the 21st century for christ sake, the fulani herdsmen should acquire land to do their grazing, they can't just be roaming about on people's land in the name of herding.

people like you are the one that will nail buhari's coffin, just like Jonathanians did to Jonathan. you always feel you just have to defend him wether good or bad. but you don't know how much of a damage you are doing to him by not criticizing his handling of things when he falters. it's even better you had kept quiet than shamelessly defending him

I reckon only with people that are wise enough to be able to separate partisanship from what affects your existence. There is no way you can be politically correct all the time except you are a paid zombie.

guy!!!!! you are not making any sense
I would have said ur wasting toomuch time on dat fulani herdsman from chad,claiming benue boy.
But again,ppl still need 2 be educated,esp dose whose opinion he leads on this forum!
So good job man!

5 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by omobaekiti: 9:56am On May 01, 2016
ALAYORMII:

All the citizens of Nigeria has freedom of movement but when you start encroaching on others right then you're breaking the law already.

Are their cows citizens of Nigeria too?
the cows are properties of a citizen of Nigeria nah...efon to ba le epon...............
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 9:57am On May 01, 2016
shamecurls:

Though u made some credible points, you also added lies to it

Which lies?

The way some of you just talk!
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by spiralwedge(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2016
bjdon:

When an Igbo man goes to another part of the country, does he just set up his store on another persons land without permission? I own a farm in Edo state, what right does a Fulani herdsman have to come and graze his cows on my farm without my permission?

Read my posts well. They dont have rights to destroy, it is crime and should be apprehended. The same with Igbos in other parts that are criminal, they should be apprehended.

Is its all Fulanis, No. Is it all Igbos? No. Should we generalise? No. Should we constrain anybody to move about Nigeria? No. If the Igbos protested Fashola's action, so the Fulanis should not be constrained to do their business anywhere in Nigeria.

If they commit offence, they should be dealt with according to the law. Same as the Igbos anywhere else.

So, w should not generalise and NOBODY CAN STOP THEM FROM MOVING FREELY ACROSS NIGERIA FREELY AS ANY NIGERIAN.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Cosbyrich: 9:58am On May 01, 2016
Mrpoker:

shut up!!
So boko haram asked for APC and PDP when you guys used it as campaign Manifesto??
Na una own dem dey tell una.Na una fulani herdsmen dey kill like rats.If dey do their blood sucking thing in the SW,we always kill them like rats.What they are indirectly telling you all is to grow some balls and stop being cowards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 9:59am On May 01, 2016
spiralwedge:

Bros, it is same with the Igbos that are destructive. Remove Fulani in your post and put Igbo and you will understand that it is your argument that is weak and self-serving.

Im talking of igbos who are homeless and hawking while hiding guns somewhere. People who Fashola removed back to their steads. So stop being cunning by twisting facts. Who is talkinh of shop owners?

You're the one trying to muddle it up.

I'm not in support of anybody who breaks the law as robbers, hawkers, crop-destroying herdsmen, trespassing herdsmen, etc.

Are you?

Be clear
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by palsenator(m): 10:01am On May 01, 2016
Firefire:
Very Good.

Please start your grazing from No. 26 Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi and spread into Alausa, take a long trip to Iragbiji in Osun State and occupy the whole of the south. It's your constitutional right to graze around the country while carrying your AK 47 riffles. The CHANGE has come.

Sai Buhary. grin
You just reasoned cheap. When they readily defiled your land some days ago, you are still here saying trash. When will bigots like you reason intelligently? Fulanis are a menace to the whole of South and not Yorubas alone.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by spiralwedge(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2016
Activa:

You're the one trying to muddle it up.

I'm not in support of anybody who breaks the law as robbers, hawkers, crop-destroying herdsmen, trespassing herdsmen, etc.

Are you?

Be clear

So what the heck are you arguing about then?

My point is: They have the right to graze anywhere in Nigeria without constraints. If they commit offence (maybe they destroy your farm) , report to the police.

But to generalise and stop a citizen of Nigeria to do business anywhere in Nigeria? Mba o
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nature8(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2016
Yorubas and Igbos are talking and talking.. Why not take action and act immediately than all these talk talk? Mtchwwww! Smh for una

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2016
omenka:

Mr omenka am sorry to disagree with u on this and to express it for the 1st time so! My position on this herdsmen issue has had a considerable shift ever since the herdsmen's focus turned south! Nigeria is a highly polarised country especially along ethnic religious lines, so whoever is in position of authority needs to be very careful. All citizens ve the constitutional right to move anywhere to carry out their lawful transactions but there is no absolute right of movement for citizens with a characteristic trait for violence and criminality! Same is happening the world over where certain persons because of their religious affiliation ve an almost zero opportunity of gaining entry into some countries! And in rear cases where they re allowed entry they re subjected to strict screening and placed on monitoring! We need to understnd that cattles re not more important than life, therefore it behoves on govt to make urgent decisions and employ rear measures for the sake of lives that needs to be saved! Even if it involves restriction of movements pending when evrtin is finally and permanently resolved!I m a SSner who has been an aged long supporter of Buhari and I do think that he needs to be very very careful since his position is vulnerable to suspicion and could easily be tainted! There is a strong feeling down south! Emotions re getting highly charged! Pple and various groups who were not united for the 1st time are interrogating their differences! This is where I smell DANGER! These deaths, kidnappings and violence by herdsmen re very preventable by govt. This is definitely not the time for nothern govs to be defending herdsmen, rather they shud be busy proffering urgent and immediate solutions! The unity of this country is weak and dissolution has not been possible simply because the entire south has been very divide over it! Believe me pple re beginning to think differently now! The north is increasingly becoming an unbearable burden on d south even for staunch supporters of a one Nigeria like myself! From bokoharam to herdsmen this is jus way toooooooooo much!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:25am On May 01, 2016
spartanobad:
Am impressed
I never see a north man make sense here in NL

You don't know half the pains the original Hausas are going through in the hands of these people.
I saw it first hand in Jigawa!!

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Firefire(m): 10:26am On May 01, 2016
palsenator:
You just reasoned cheap. When they readily defiled your land some days ago, you are still here saying trash. When will bigots like you reason intelligently? Fulanis are a menace to the whole of South and not Yorubas alone.

Oro agba bi o ba se lowuro, bo petiti a se lo'jo aale.

We warned you guys to stop following Tinubu blindly to support a 'Super Bigot' like Mohomodu Buhary, e ni aja lo un gbo.

E'tiri nkankan ooo, eeee ti-ri-nkan-kan.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by iHustle(m): 10:27am On May 01, 2016
Ayatul:
This herdsmen and their troubles everywhere, I reckon this will result in civil war. No single farmer will want to watch his hard cultivated farm land to be fed on by this cows. Its wrong for them. Am just surprised that PMB has been quiet over this. Has he forgotten his promise to Nigeria? ''I belong to no one, I am for all''. Am just watching with 3D

You all were fore-warned.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by spiralwedge(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2016
According to NOETHNICITY:

All citizens ve the constitutional
right to move anywhere to carry out their lawful
transactions but there is no absolute right of
movement for citizens with a characteristic trait
for violence and criminality! Same is happening
the world over where certain persons because of
their religious affiliation ve an almost zero
opportunity of gaining entry into some countries!
And in rear cases where they re allowed entry
they re subjected to strict screening and placed
on monitoring!

My comment:
Hypocrisy and double-standard in their highest level. Bigotry too. How can generalise a whole tribe so?

What about Lagosians start doing that to Igbos by screening all Igbos and monitoring them?

Igbos should just shut up already. What you did to Fashola is back-firing. And nobody can stop anybody in Nigeria. Nigeria is no man's land.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by seguno2: 10:31am On May 01, 2016
spiralwedge:

My point is: They have the right to graze anywhere in Nigeria without constraints. If they commit offence (maybe they destroy your farm) , report to the police.

But to generalise and stop a citizen of Nigeria to do business anywhere in Nigeria? Mba o

Without constraints?
Including on the public roads and private farms VIOLATING other people's rights to free movement and property protection?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by spartanobad(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2016
mykl01:

You don't know half the pains the original Hausas are going through in the hands of these people.
I saw it first hand in Jigawa!!
shuu
I thought they are birds of a feather sef
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:36am On May 01, 2016
spiralwedge:

It's not true.

That right is not absolute. That 'anywhere' belongs to some people. That's the offence. You're just not getting it.

Is it right to use your plot of land as a sleeping place for my poultry or dogs?
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:37am On May 01, 2016
Firefire:
Very Good.

Please start your grazing from No. 26 Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi and spread into Alausa, take a long trip to Iragbiji in Osun State and occupy the whole of the south. It's your constitutional right to graze around the country while carrying your AK 47 riffles. The CHANGE has come.

Sai Buhary. grin
Bros, why my homtown nah
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by nasious: 10:37am On May 01, 2016
The end of these evil entity is near undecided
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by ALAYORMII: 10:37am On May 01, 2016
omobaekiti:
the cows are properties of a citizen of Nigeria nah...efon to ba le epon...............

Yes they are but do you have to constitute a nuisance to others with them?
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Prodigalangelo: 10:41am On May 01, 2016
Don't worry you people should graze anywhere you like, even into Aso Rock no problem.
I'm happy this problem is affecting both the zombies and the Wailers alike. might be Enugu today, tomorrow it maybe Kaduna.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by omobaekiti: 10:46am On May 01, 2016
ALAYORMII:

Yes they are but do you have to constitute a nuisance to others with them?
not at all,this case of herdsmen killings and what have you is a matter that's been with us for a very long time.
I know of issues of such long time ago in my mothers village,I really don't know why people choose to bring politics into the matter. To now make matters worse PMB refused to talk about it all these shows that we have to be very careful with the matter else we would find ourselves in a very bad situation.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:46am On May 01, 2016
santori:

guy, you are not making any sense at all. those people you claim are selling clothes and vehicular parts in all the nukes and crannies of the country are not doing at the expense of other people's livelihood, they have never been involved in violent clashes wherever they are, they rent the spaces they do their trade, they also pay taxes to their hosts.

all lands belongs to the government truly, which is of course state government. thank God 3 governors(oyo,ondo &enugu) have come to declare against the fulani roaming about in their domain.

we are in the 21st century for christ sake, the fulani herdsmen should acquire land to do their grazing, they can't just be roaming about on people's land in the name of herding.

people like you are the one that will nail buhari's coffin, just like Jonathanians did to Jonathan. you always feel you just have to defend him wether good or bad. but you don't know how much of a damage you are doing to him by not criticizing his handling of things when he falters. it's even better you had kept quiet than shamelessly defending him

I reckon only with people that are wise enough to be able to separate partisanship from what affects your existence. There is no way you can be politically correct all the time except you are a paid zombie.

guy!!!!! you are not making any sense

I stopped taking that man serious a long time ago.
"Buhari is a Fulani man and his brothers are killers"
This is the reality on ground as confirmed by "miyetti Allah" when they addressed a press conference "why we struck" after the Agatu Massacre. The fact that they owned up to the crime and are still walking around freely is an indictment on Nigeria as a nation, The President, the security apparatus and every Fulani herdsman roaming about. Indeed, the free Nigeria nation should have risen up in condemnation of such barbarism. This is what Ghana is doing as it is facing the same challenge.
It's also sad that a Benue Man is in support of such act, but he is not to blame. 19 state Governors means Benue, Taraba and Kogi don't see the problem from the same angle the South is seeing it.
It's times like this I thank God I read "the animal farm"

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by nortcentrallord(m): 10:47am On May 01, 2016
Please indicate where it is written in the Nigerian constitution for fulani herdsmen to move around with their cow's.

There is freedom of movement of Nigerians around Nigeria not freedom of movement of cow's around Nigeria and destroying farms.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by abbeyty(m): 10:50am On May 01, 2016
omobaekiti:

ora aba ekiti, efon to ba le epon, na cutlass we go take kill am lol
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by abbayrex: 10:55am On May 01, 2016
Yes, there is freedom of movement in the constitution BUT not an absolute freedom, u can't exercise ur constitutional right at the detriment of others. The freedom comes with a responsibility of not being a nuisance and burden which majority of u are presently, so if southerners want to restrict u from invading their land, killing their brothers, raping their women, burning their houses, killing their animals, and much more, I think they know what is best for them. You cannot lord n dictate for them in their territory.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:55am On May 01, 2016
spartanobad:
shuu
I thought they are birds of a feather sef

It's a general misconception down south.
There are up to 200 tribes in the North, all suffering in the hands of these same people... They are constrained by religion and those who don't share same religion are dying everyday (southern Kaduna, Southern Borno, Adamawa, Taraba, many parts of Bauchi and Plateau. )

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation / Tanko Muhammed Has 32 Kids - Reno Omokri Reveals / PDP Chief Kashamu Flees From Abuja Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.