Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen (44382 Views)

Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu / Nobody Can Stop Us From Grazing Our Cattle In The South — Fulani Herdsmen Boas / "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Caseless: 12:15pm On May 01, 2016
ki02020:

You lack strategic campaign sense angry
wow! I'm ready to learn from you. Infact, I need you to be one of our campaign strategists, do u mind?
Which section do u 'frequent' most, business?
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by spartanobad(m): 12:17pm On May 01, 2016
mykl01:

It's a general misconception down south.
There are up to 200 tribes in the North, all suffering in the hands of these same people... They are constrained by religion and those who don't share same religion are dying everyday (southern Kaduna, Southern Borno, Adamawa, Taraba, many parts of Bauchi and Plateau. )
I NEVER KNEW THIS
upon thou them b illiterates asin d Fulani's
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by sleazy5(m): 12:24pm On May 01, 2016
omenka:
When you set emotions aside and think this through and through, you'd see some sense in it.

ALL LANDS in the country belongs to the government according to the Land Use Act and the constitution guarantees freedom of movement.

Nomads move around to graze their cattle, selling some where possible, while other people equally dispersed across every nook and cranny of the country sell clothes, vehicular spare parts and other such commercial activities. I don't see anyone calling for a ban on such activities.

What we should be bothered about is mitigating clashes between herdsmen and their host communities by way of ensuring they don't graze on cultivated fields.
That is the angle I think the government should be looking at working on, perhaps they could ensure noticeable barriers are created so when these herdsmen see them, they know "this is a restricted area" and trespassers would be duly punished.

There are some people inflaming the whole situation just because of the occupant of Aso Rock- taint the Fulanis and you essentially have tainted the president. What better campaign tool would there be for a party known for extreme ethnoreligious politicking, PDP, in 2019 than "Buhari is a Fulani man and his brothers are killers. Look at what they have done. Would you want to have them come back and kill the rest of you??" That is where I think this whole drama is headed.

As usual, I expect a lot of overly emotional kids to do nothing but insult me over my opinion, but hell, it wouldn't change nada.

On the other thread where they did the same, I wondered, the same people who wanted to bury Buhari alive when it was alleged he said "Nigerians are criminals", claiming (and rightly so) NOT ALL Nigerians are (Baba didn't say Nigerians are though but only listed some crimes we engage in abroad which give the country a bad image), are the people crucifying the Northern governors for saying essentially NOT ALL Fulanis are criminals!!

How the heck does one adopt two different opinions on these two (exactly similar) scenarios??

You made a valid point as regards mitigating the clash between the Fulani herdsmen and the host communities.
To correct and lean my voice to yours:
First, all lands in a particular state is vested in the governor of that state as a trustee for members of that state. See section 1 of the land use Act.
Second the constitution guarantees freedom of movement. But that freedom is subject to respecting the rights of other persons...
Third, the Fulanis are visitors in the states down south. It is unconscionable for a visitor to destroy properties and members of its host community. For there to be a final solution to this problem, such cannot be found in the Grazing reserve Bill but in the creating of ranches where cattle will be confined to those ranches. I think this will go a long way to solving the problem of Fulani herdsmen clashes.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by focus7: 12:24pm On May 01, 2016
Does the constitution also empower to kill the indigenes of the land the graze? I fully support a retaliation of any further attack by the herdmen.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 01, 2016
islandmoon:
I remember when the military government wanted to increase tax on cocoa in those days ,the Agbekoya of those days have a way of sending bee to fight the army!
based on the story my grand mum told me, cocoa was the major source of revenue in the country then
The farmers felt cheated and confronted the military government who tried to use the military to stop them from protesting in Ibadan, the Agbekoya fought back by sending swam of bee after the military to sting the hell out of them, the military government couldn't stand the farmers and had to called the farmers to round table for negociation.
Agbekoya, do you still have this power to fight the nomads?
Agbara nbe, Ogun si nbe

3 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by ki02020(m): 12:32pm On May 01, 2016
Caseless:
wow! I'm ready to learn from you. Infact, I need you to be one of our campaign strategists, do u mind?
Which section do u 'frequent' most, business?

Abegiii, stop being sarcastic
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Caseless: 12:36pm On May 01, 2016
ki02020:

Abegiii, stop being sarcastic
i'm not. This is an electioneering period, every support, advice, idea, etc, counts.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 01, 2016
spartanobad:
I NEVER KNEW THIS
upon thou them b illiterates asin d Fulani's

The North is a dark place, kept dark for a purpose.
It is widely believed that every Emir is a direct descendant of Othman Dan Fodio.... who is a Fulani from anywhere but Nigeria.
These Emirs rule over Hausa lands and communities, are the heads of Political and religious affair who cannot be questioned.
Now you understand why they seemingly speak in 1 voice at all times; they are ruled by blood relatives grin grin
Hausa people also do not cross-breed with Fulani's.... but that's a lesson for another day
Oya bye lipsrsealed
Before they ban me.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 01, 2016
Oz4realsss:

Tell me the sections of our Constitution that promote unrestricted movement that leads to the destruction of farmlands, rape and killings of human beings and the destruction of properties.
i will tell you nothing
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by InHim4Him(m): 12:47pm On May 01, 2016
To Islamize Nigeria, you need constitutional amendments! Yes!

Nobody can stop herdsmen because they are backed by the constitution.
They are free to roam, steal, rape women, kill and destroy farms and build their prayer grounds anywhere they choose.

But Christians, including Youth Corpers are not free to have meeting places in the north because the constitution does not cover or protect them. Their businesses can be destroyed and nobody cares, because they are not Nigerians.

The chicken is gradually coming home to roost.

So, in effect the stage is set for full islamization because the constitution is sectional and partisan.

Let the insults come. That also is provided for in the constitution.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 01, 2016
Jidibia:

Right to life. You must live b4 you move freely. Although human rights are indivisible.

You mean Ghosts can't move freely?
#Idonbelieveit
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by babdap: 12:48pm On May 01, 2016
The freedom of movement is not absolute, especially when it infringe on the right of others.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 01, 2016
Ghost447:
You seems to be stretching the provisions of the law to manifest absurdity. The constitution doesn't guarantee trespass to peoples' farm and destruction of economic crops. We should also learn to differentiate between the movement of persons and animals .
movement of persons and their property within Nigeria's borders is a constitutional guaranteed right not subject to your opinions
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by omenka(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2016
Saintp:

During GEJ tenure, he supporters were always talking of his enemies making the country ungovernable for him. Instead of him to man up and perform, he was seeing enemies and haters.
You guys are now doing the same thing. Instead u guys to critical and ruthless on performance, you guys are looking for region or haters who don't like him him to succeed.
Listen, there is no where in the world where any leader is uniamously loved in a democracy. There must be haters. Go to American foums. In fact, a leader will likely perform less if he is well loved.
So whether some region or people hate him or wants him to fail, it shouldn't be our business. what we want is clear results. so the earlier you supportes push for good governance, the better instead of always looking for enemies and haters else he will fail like his friend GEJ.
Okay, granted, you make a good point. You'd agree with me that some of these nuances were "birthed" just after the elections with these guys making it seem like they are hell bent on seeing the president fail.

People have an inalienable right to criticise/hate/oppose the president- hell, democracy wouldn't be worth its name without an opposition.

Much as I didn't like Jonathan and opposed his actions, I NEVER ONCE prayed he failed because if he does, I knew people like myself'd be at the receiving end of the result of his failure while he goes ahead to enjoy his life. But today, you see some people shamelessly saying they desire to see Nigeria burn and the President fail woefully on this forum!

That is what I find disgusting.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 01, 2016
Alfranco:
So true they have the equal right to move around anywhere they deemed in the country. But for how long will they stick to an achaic cattle herding system that no one, not even our Mr President would wish his son do or any of us would our sons. The world is not static; it is dynamic.Those beating their chests that this useless roaming across the country is legally backed by the Nigerian constitution should be ashamed. If they insist they should be ready for the unthinkable as it will no longer be business as usual...

The law dosent give two figs about your feelings. It is what it is. No authority can restrict any Nigerian from movement within the borders of the country without due process. Restricting the Fulanis is a legal impossibility
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Babacele: 1:13pm On May 01, 2016
omenka:
Okay, granted, you make a good point. You'd agree with me that some of these nuances were "birthed" just after the elections with these guys making it seem like they are hell bent on seeing the president fail.

People have an inalienable right to criticise/hate/oppose the president- hell, democracy wouldn't be worth its name without an opposition.

Much as I didn't like Jonathan and opposed his actions, I NEVER ONCE prayed he failed because if he does, I knew people like myself'd be at the receiving end of the result of his failure while he goes ahead to enjoy his life. But today, you see some people shamelessly saying they desire to see Nigeria burn and the President fail woefully on this forum!

That is what I find disgusting.
............and we won't allow that happen...not in this lifetime hence we are telling PMB to arrest all the yestertheives who are using our stolen money to fuel the sabotage in the country and heaven won't fall ...I repeat - heaven won't fall.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Babacele: 1:17pm On May 01, 2016
mykl01:

It is widely believed that every Emir is a direct descendant of Othman Dan Fodio.... who is a Fulani from anywhere but Nigeria.
These Emirs rule over Hausa lands and communities, are the heads of Political and religious affair who cannot be questioned.
Now you understand why they seemingly speak in 1 voice at all times; they are ruled by blood relatives grin grin
Hausa people also do not cross-breed with Fulani's.... but that's a lesson for another day
Oya bye lipsrsealed
Before they ban me.
it is obvious you have never been to the North but regurgitating the falsehood you have been fed with....the North is more cosmopolitan than your present thinking and ecology.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Owamudia: 1:18pm On May 01, 2016
Firefire:

Story for the gods... the CHAIN is unstoppable...enjoy it while it last.

Must you politicise everything?
Werent there herdsmen attacks during GEJ's era?
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by babadee1(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2016
Yes they have a constitutional right to go anywhere they want to in Nigeria but their cows do not. Animals have no constitutional rights and if the cows continue to graze on private farmlands then their movements can be legally restricted and enforced.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Firefire(m): 1:28pm On May 01, 2016
Owamudia:

Must you politicise everything?

Werent there herdsmen attacks during GEJ's era?

Including ravaging the whole country, raping women, destroying farmlands and killing

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by OduduwaYoruba: 1:30pm On May 01, 2016
This herdsman is quoting constitution after the constitution has been contravened for peaceful coexistence. this man's speech is highly provocative and insinuation and must not be taken with a pinch of salt.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Ghost447(m): 1:43pm On May 01, 2016
kropotkin11:
movement of persons and their property within Nigeria's borders is a constitutional guaranteed right not subject to your opinions
And trespass to people's properties as well? I salute you.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by poseidon12: 1:43pm On May 01, 2016
kropotkin11:
The fulanis who are Nigerians just like the rest of us have a constitutional right to unrestricted movement to all parts of the country. The law enforcement agencies also have a duty to provide protection to all Nigerians everywhere

Are you sure? The constitution does not give anyone right to trespass into someone's property. Or to cause obstruction on the road with their cows. They must be restricted to ranches. Nigeria is not the private property of the Fulani people.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Masterclass32: 1:44pm On May 01, 2016
Don't know how these people reason.

U have a right to move to and live anywhere AS LONG AS YOU ARE LAW-ABIDDING. Not when u go about wrecking havoc everywhere, killikng people for no reason whatsoever. Or do they think people confined in correctional facilities didn't have the right of free movement? They did until the right was abused, by whatever means.

Your right ends where mine starts. you may have a right to move about freely but I also have a right to live in my house I built by myself and enjoy the harvest from my farm without you burning my house down and levelling my farm with your cattle.

And since the govt have chosen to be dumb on the matter, people outta protect themselves.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by poseidon12: 1:47pm On May 01, 2016
oduastates:
That Nigerian constitution with the lie
"we the people agree"
nobody agreed to that piece of crap.

Solution
The south and other ethnic nationality in the middle belt need to huddle around a conference table, get a map,agree on borders,sign a watertight agreement,take it to UN nations and chart of move towards independence or restructuring.
I have said it many times. This guys will double down on a system that is killing them as long as the tiny fulani and their southern acolytes elite can continue to benefit.
Nigeria has been running on a system they insisted was the best. The result has been a disaster.
I agree. And these steps need to be taken urgently. A confederation would be appropriate for a multi ethnic country like Nigeria.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Oz4realsss: 1:50pm On May 01, 2016
kropotkin11:
i will tell you nothing
On the contrary, you have nothing factual to say except falsehood propagation
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by Oz4realsss: 1:51pm On May 01, 2016
kropotkin11:
i will tell you nothing

On the contrary, you have nothing factual to say except falsehood propagation
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by domnwan(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2016
I advice that for the sake of not facing bubu's wrath any herdsman killed by any group should be buried without publicising it....the herdsmen has backups and anyone or any community that kills them should bury them without letting security operatives know about it, this way we can only solve the problem..... fulani herdsmen has made me believe killing of an enemy is no more a sin
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:59pm On May 01, 2016
mykl01:

Oya bye lipsrsealed
Before they ban me.

You are completely right, except that I do not believe that they don't cross-breed. For instance,the current President,Buhari is half Fulani and half Hausa.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by omonnakoda: 2:03pm On May 01, 2016
OneManLegion:
inasmuch as the fulani herdsmen are Nigerians too and as such, can't be denied entry into any region, it can't be denied that restricting their movement would be expeditious seeing as they do not exactly have a reputation for being the most peace-loving people.

In conclusion, restrict their freedom until the fulani herdsmen/cattle rustlers menace has been effectively curtailed.
The men cannot be denied entry but their cows have no such rights. There is no right to move cattle on land that you do not own absolutely no such right. I might decide I want to rear snakes or crocodiles or whatever do I have the right to move my snakes on other peoples' property? There is nothing different about cows.There is no such thing as a right to graze.
Re: No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen by smd837(m): 2:07pm On May 01, 2016
come nd try dat ur nonsense in okene kogi state, i promise you pple will regret d day 1st fulani was born into d world. idiots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Arrests Ikonso’s Second-In-Command During IPOB, ESN Raid In Abia / Crowd Welcomes Sunday Igboho In Ekiti State (Video) / How Afghanistan Fell After Obasanjo Attended Peace Meeting In Kabul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.