Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription (14680 Views)

"Take 2 In The Morning Before You Wake Up": Check Out This Drug Prescription / Here's Why You Get Eye Boogers / UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by hopeforcharles(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2016
ebony2011:
Op you have a good write up.But you have limited knowledge about pharmacy. pharmacist produce drugs not doctors.The pharmacist is in the best position to counsel you on which drug is appropriate OK.
Thank you bruv
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by Ijobah: 4:09pm On May 01, 2016
I consider drug faking too callous.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by swaggzo(m): 4:37pm On May 01, 2016
hopeforcharles:

See how silly ur statement and report are one pot bellied igboman, you are an ignorant, the mistake that I felt the igbo man did was, he never did a test or knew the kind of eye problem you have, that medicine you saw with Arabic is an international drug maybe from Pakistan or Arabia or any other Arabic country and mind you they are the best as long as standard of Drugs in Nigeria is concerned, you don't know shit but you talk trash, sometimes you guys need ur brain checked. A'ole

LOL. .. MY MAN YOU CERTAINLY CANNOT READ.

YOU DIDN'T SEE WHERE I MENTIONED THAT THE DRUGS WERE PRESCRIBED AND GIVEN TO ME AT A FED MEDICAL CENTRE INITIALLY, BUT THEN I PATRONIZED HIM CUZ THEY GOT FINISHED? ?
WHO EVEN GAVE YOU FREE WIFI TODAY?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by hopeforcharles(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2016
swaggzo:

YOU DIDN'T SEE WHERE I MENTIONED THAT THE DRUGS WERE PRESCRIBED AND GIVEN TO ME AT A FED MEDICAL CENTRE INITIALLY, BUT THEN I PATRONIZED HIM CUZ THEY GOT FINISHED? ?
Lol, free WiFi? It's been very long I connected to one, I usually subscribe to data plans bruv,
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by swaggzo(m): 5:05pm On May 01, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Lol, free WiFi? It's been very long I connected to one, I usually subscribe to data plans bruv,

YOU HAVE MONEY TO SUBSCRIBE TO A DATA PLAN WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN READ?

HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO READ THE CODES OF SUBSCRIPTION PEOPERLY?

I'M SURE YOU DIALED THE WRONG CODES.. .. THINKING YOU'RE SUBSCRIBED ONLY TO BE BROWSING WITH YOUR AIRTIME.

IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE YOU GET DISCONNECTED BRO.. .

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by Emdee590(m): 5:08pm On May 01, 2016
swaggzo:

Hey make una no come start dae quarrel ooo what him is trying to tell you be say the fact that you saw arabic inscription on it doesn't make it fake , I deal in drugs and I understood where he is coming from . At the moment those arabic countries drugs be the best somehow to some extent . Whether arabic or no arabic , you are to watch out for NAFDAC no. And expiring no. And the rest. Finally , for you to include the tribe of the owner of the store is wrong of you .
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by hopeforcharles(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2016
swaggzo:

YOU HAVE MONEY TO SUBSCRIBE TO A DATA PLAN WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN READ?

HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO READ THE CODES OF SUBSCRIPTION PEOPERLY?

I'M SURE YOU DIALED THE WRONG CODES.. .. THINKING YOU'RE SUBSCRIBED ONLY TO BE BROWSING WITH YOUR AIRTIME.

IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE YOU GET DISCONNECTED BRO.. .
Oh gawd, I feel like shouting leave me alone, but I wouldn't, sorry bro this data is transfered, lol, I went back to read ur post I saw u have updated it, kudos, well I just don't know what to tell you because you are just twisted and slightly or overtly ignorant in drugs stuffs, did u bothered to ask why they freed the people? Just as I pointed out previously there are a lot of drugs in the market with Arabic inscription which shows they are from another country and they are 95% better in standard than alot of Nigerian certified ones, go ask a pharmacist, and besides that kind of drugs can't be manufactured here because we don't even have the machinaries (I might be wrong) stop all this igbo man blame game, you should give them kudos they help you get things easier, have you thought what kd would have been without them, Walahi kada ka quote'n ina.
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by ndcide(m): 5:33pm On May 01, 2016
Many years back when I was in secondary school, I had discomfort in my eyes and then I was allergic to computer screen. Very few people had computer then. Since my dad had one, I wanted to use it but experience serious eye pain.

So I decided to buy eye drop. The boy at the drug store gave me chlorophenicle, I think.. When I used it my eyes were on fire. Both of them. My parents didn't know what what was wrong with me. I think I had only previously used eye drops when I was about 4 years old. But this occasion, I think I was in Ss1. Only God saved me. The pain was too much I was really afraid.

We used sugar solution those days too.

God forbid, I do such again..
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by rexbuton: 5:50pm On May 01, 2016
Onegai:
Good one. I've only self-medicated for my eyes once (I had a burn) and I looked up past cases to know that I needed Corticosteroid drops for about 3 days max.

Could you also explain to everyone on the thread, the difference between an Ophtamologist and Optometrist or Optician? A lot of people don't know and some unscrupulous medical practioners will see some patients who need Opthamologists and insist on treating them (because they're chasing money).
Thanks for the positive feedback and apologies for the delay.
Per the optician, optometrist, ophthalmologist dilemma, I'd like to discuss it using the Nigerian situation because information found on the internet may not be wholly applicable to our case.
Also, I'd like to point out that the levels and extent of basic healthcare provided in a domain is set and limited by legislature. Two individuals with the same qualification in different countries may offer differing level of care. And if the act establishing these professions is amended tomorrow, this discourse becomes a history leSSON

OPTICIANRY
An optician is a professional who is trained in dispensing optics, and is capable of receiving, interpreting and supplying ophthalmic lenses ; spectacles, contact lenses and low vision aids. An optician can independently sell frames, sunglasses, artificial eyes, cosmetic contact lenses and even Oculus Rift. Dispensing optics is a two or three year programme done Diploma-style in optometry schools. Their regulatory board is the ODORBN- Optometry and dispensing optician regulatory board etc.

OPTOMETRY
An optometrist is an individual who has completed a 6yr optometry programme and awarded doctor of optometry. He is expected to complete a single year internship programme. The course has its own fellowship and post graduate schools and a newly inaugurated residency programme.
An optom as I prefer to call them is capable of handling ocular emergencies, infective cases, refraction leading to prescription of glasses and contact lenses, treats eye ailments, low vision rehab and orthoptics.
In Nigeria, refraction, LV and orthoptics are their exclusive preserve. LV and orthoptics are specialty areas, saying every optom can do them is like saying every MD can do a cardio bypass shunt surgery or neurosurgery.
I'd like to point out that the ailments treated have a limit , however this should not concern the layman as optometrist are involved in the co-managment of every case. At their set limits, they are expected to refer. Common cases referred are cataract surgery, deep penetrating/perforating corneal injury, laser trabeculoplasty, photo coagulation and ocular/orbital tumours. Optom also do dispensing optics in school, herein lies a problem that would be seen later.

OPHTHALMOLOGY
An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor that after completing his MBBS, went on to specialize in ophthalmology. From his MBBS experience, he is able to carry out surgery, though most of the special skill is learnt at the post graduate level. So, he can practice general medicine and do ocular work too. Considering the fact that he is often in a general hospital, most patients get to meet him first thus bypassing the optom. And at the limit of his powers, he refers refractive cases to the optom, and this fuels the stereotype that optom only does glasses. And economically it is more viable to employ ophthalm considering their versatility in general practice. And moreover there are just five or six optom schools in Nigeria.

GREY AREAS AND HOTSPOTS
The optician and optom have overlapping points and it breeds conflict often. Most optom send their jobs to opticians but this doesn't stop the optician from engaging in illicit behaviour such as refracting patients and giving drugs.
I ran a screening programme for a multinational a few years back, and we had men from every group on our team- we even have hype men and bouncers at times [sic] … I observed that my optician was jotting like ManUtd manager, when I got closer after a while, I saw she had written complaints and drugs given.. That's how they start. We also see lots of optom and ophthalmol that practice beyond their scope. Lots of!
Another issue is that of employment in the civil service. I don't want to discuss those issues but to appeal to all parties to act on the philosophy of mutual respect and human dignity. I hope I remained impartial throughout .

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by meeky007(m): 6:30pm On May 01, 2016
[quote author=homeboy205 post=45212453]The OP is very right,

About 2 weeks ago, I had a subconjuctival hermorrage(Blood in the eyes)from a domestic violence in the both eyes. It happened on Friday and I didn't bother to go to the hospital because according to what I read online it should go by itself after some days... So to speed up the process I went and buy visine eye drop(eye Whitner) hoping it will speed up the clearing not knowing I'm making things worse. The first night I slept fine but the second night was hell for me couldn't sleep from eyes pain and I couldn't face a little light not even my phone screen light. I waited hoping it will clear but on The following Tuesday I couldn't bear it anymore had to go to UCH Ibadan, then I made an appointment with a GOPD doctor who refer me to opthamology department, wow come see eyinbo untop my eyes Oo I was taken under series of machine for my eye test...

Later they concluded the visine had made things worse because It has made my eye swell more on theT

1 Like

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by swaggzo(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Oh gawd, I feel like shouting leave me alone, but I wouldn't, sorry bro this data is transfered, lol, I went back to read ur post I saw u have updated it, kudos, well I just don't know what to tell you because you are just twisted and slightly or overtly ignorant in drugs stuffs, did u bothered to ask why they freed the people? Just as I pointed out previously there are a lot of drugs in the market with Arabic inscription which shows they are from another country and they are 95% better in standard than alot of Nigerian certified ones, go ask a pharmacist, and besides that kind of drugs can't be manufactured here because we don't even have the machinaries (I might be wrong) stop all this igbo man blame game, you should give them kudos they help you get things easier, have you thought what kd would have been without them, Walahi kada ka quote'n ina.

WHERE'S YOUR LOCATION?
DO THEY SELL COLD ORIJIN THERE?? undecided

TODAY'S JUST SOMETHING ELSE
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by hopeforcharles(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2016
swaggzo:

WHERE'S YOUR LOCATION?
DO THEY SELL COLD ORIJIN THERE?? undecided

TODAY'S JUST SOMETHING ELSE
Yo bruv I see u, kudos.
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by An0nimus: 8:23pm On May 01, 2016
Rexbuton can you create another thread with that explanation on difference between opticianry, opthamology and co? it's an educative piece that many others need to read. Great job you're doing
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by poseidon12: 8:34pm On May 01, 2016
swaggzo:
ONE TIME, I BOUGHT TWO PACKS OF PRESCRIBED EYE DROPS FROM A VERY BIG/POPULAR PHARM OWNED BY ONE OF THOSE GREEDY POT BELLIED IGBO MEN, BASED IN KADUNA STATE..

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS, I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO BE IN A HASTE.. ..I DIDN'T BOTHER TO CHECK FOR THE EXPIRY DATE OR REG NUMBER .. . (OR I THOUGHT ITS GON BE AUTHENTIC BECAUSE THE SHOP LOOKED GOOD).

I BOUGHT THE DROPS FOR 1,000 EACH, BUT IT TOOK ME ABOUT 20,000 TO FIX THE DAMAGE THE SOLUTION DID TO MY EYES IN JUST 2 DAYS OF USAGE.. ... IT WAS THEN THAT I CHECKED AND COMPARED THEM BOTH TO THE ONE I WAS GIVEN AT THE NATIONAL EYE CENTER KD, MEHN.. ... THE LABELS WERE EVEN ARABIC. NO NAFDAC REG NOR EXPIRY DATE. JUST COMPLETELY UPSIDE DOWN. undecided

I FELT I DESERVED AN AWARD FOR BEING THE MOST STUPIID PERSON ON EARTH. .. LIKE, I SHOULD OCCUPY BOTH THE FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD POSITIONS CUZ JUST ONE PERSON COULDN'T BE THAT UNREASONABLE! embarassed

YOU CAN FAKE ANYTHING, BUT IF YOU FAKE AROUND WITH ANYTHING REALATED TO HEALTH THEN LUCIFER IS A BETTER PERSON.

I CALLED THE NAFDAC ON THEM, I WAS 19 THEN. I WASN'T BOLD ENOUGH TO FIGHT FOR JUSTICE.

I STILL CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW NAFDAC LET THEM GO AFTER COLLECTING SOME CHEAP BRIBE!

NIGERIAN....

AND MY FRIENDS HERE BASHING ME CUZ I MENTIONED "IGBO" MAN... LOL, I'M SORRY IF YOU FIND ME AND MY POST OFFENSIVE, BUT I'M NOT GONNA TAKE BACK MY WORDS BRO, TAKE HEART.

THEY'RE IN CHARGE OF DUPLICATING ALMOST EVERY THING THAT CROSSES THEIR PATH, EVEN DRUGS! FOR THE LORDS SAKE THATS MESSED UP.

SO WE SHOULD ALL DIE FROM USING THEIR FAKE STUFF JUST BECAUSE THEY WANNA GET EXTRA PROFIT FROM EVERYTHING?

ANYTIME I BUY A FAKE MALARIA DRUG, IF I ASK THE SELLER HIS TRIBE, HE'S IGBO.
FAKE ELECTRONICS, IGBO.
FAKE EVERYTHING, IGBO.

I'M SURE THEIR DOCTORS WON'T EVEN MIND TO DO A FAKE ORGAN TRANSPLANT. ...JUST FOR SOME MORE PROFIT.
THEY'LL JUST FIX YOU ONE VERY FAKE HEART OR KIDNEY SO YOU'LL DIE THE NEXT DAY undecided

Great! What tribe are you?
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by rexbuton: 8:35pm On May 01, 2016
An0nimus:
Rexbuton can you create another thread with that explanation on difference between opticianry, opthamology and co? it's an educative piece that many others need to read. Great job you're doing

I appreciate the feedback. God bless you.
I'm scared the thread would easily be derailed by unnecessary arguments. Let's give it a try!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by swaggzo(m): 8:37pm On May 01, 2016
poseidon12:

Great! What tribe are you?

MIXED. ..
TOUCH OF KADUNA AND IGBO!
SO YOU SEE.. ..
I'M NOT IN ANY FORM BEING TRIBALISTIC.
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by poseidon12: 9:06pm On May 01, 2016
swaggzo:

MIXED. ..
TOUCH OF KADUNA AND IGBO!
SO YOU SEE.. ..
I'M NOT IN ANY FORM BEING TRIBALISTIC.
Has Kaduna become a tribe now? I wanted to point out to you that crime is not unique to any tribe in Nigeria. Of course you obviously came across as tribalistic and I believe you know that. Nigerians should get beyond this petty inter-ethnic rivalry and envy.
As for the drug you bought from the store, as some people have already explained, the fact that it has Arabic inscriptions does not necessarily mean it is fake. If it was fake, I believe that the NAFDAC would have taken action since you reported to them. You only assumed they collected bribe and let them off. You should have followed up with Nafdac. You took the right step though. We should all help in weeding out the criminals from the drug distribution channel.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by BraniacX(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2016
rexbuton:

I appreciate the feedback. God bless you.
I'm scared the thread would easily be derailed by unnecessary arguments. Let's give it a try!

True that!

It will definitely be derailed!

The great old battle will be brought to nairaland

N.O.A vs N.M,A and i wouldn't envy you taking on such a battle as referee and moderator grin
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by walexsy(m): 9:33am On May 02, 2016
This thread is just so God-sent to me....I've been having this eye pain as a result of domestic violence since Wednesday... I dare not look at any object closely,a sharp light sensitivity, I even had to reduce my phone's backlight to it's minimum level and most worrying of all,the eye that got hit is seeing things blurry... I started using an eye drop(Gentalab/Gentamicin)I avnt really seen any difference except the reddened eye looks a bit whiter...doctors in the house pls come to my aid...should I continue with the eye drop or not... if no,I won't mind a prescription here...

I went to an hospital(federal one)just this morning to complain only to be reminded its a public holiday....

1 Like

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by DeRay98(m): 11:10am On May 02, 2016
walexsy:
This thread is just so God-sent to me....I've been having this eye pain as a result of domestic violence since Wednesday... I dare not look at any object closely,a sharp light sensitivity, I even had to reduce my phone's backlight to it's minimum level and most worrying of all,the eye that got hit is seeing things blurry... I started using an eye drop(Gentalab/Gentamicin)I avnt really seen any difference except the reddened eye looks a bit whiter...doctors in the house pls come to my aid...should I continue with the eye drop or not... if no,I won't mind a prescription here...

I went to an hospital(federal one)just this morning to complain only to be reminded its a public holiday....

The fact that you were involved in a domestic violence incident and the eye pain with focusing and light sensitivity, indicates that you have been hit in the eye with a strong likelihood of anterior chamber hemorrhage. the blood from the hemorrhage will act as glue to append the crystalline lens and or iris with the cornea. this condition is emergency that needs timely assessment and treatment with properly in 48-72hrs, it can get complicated when the blood clots and surgery will be inevitable. So, an Ophthalmologist or Optometrist can help you out, if you delay ophthalmologist will have to perform surgery to limit the damage. since, FMC is on holiday, look for a private eye clinic with an Optometrist, NOT an OPTICIAN.
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by rexbuton: 11:11am On May 02, 2016
@ Walexsy
I'm sorry about the domestic violence, I hope you finally showed her who's her daddy!!

For your eyes, giving you a drug over the internet is closer to quackery than common sense. Could you please answer the following questions.
1. What was the nature of the object that hit the eye
2. Was the eye open on impact?
3. Is the lid torn or swollen or filled with blood?
4. Can you open the eye normally?
5. Can you move the eye in all directions?
6. Do you feel like vomiting?
7. Does it feel like there's something inside the eye?
8. Was the blow high velocity?
9. Are you seeing double?
10. Do you think your vision is reduced? check both eyed individually
11. Ask someone to shine a torch in your eye and tell if the small black hole becomes smaller
12. Were you vaccinated against Tetanus?
13. Does your vision look tinted?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by rexbuton: 11:16am On May 02, 2016
Walexsy
And who gave you gentamycin? Did the person take a look at the eye?
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by DeRay98(m): 11:32am On May 02, 2016
rexbuton:

Thanks for the positive feedback and apologies for the delay.
Per the optician, optometrist, ophthalmologist dilemma, I'd like to discuss it using the Nigerian situation because information found on the internet may not be wholly applicable to our case.
Also, I'd like to point out that the levels and extent of basic healthcare provided in a domain is set and limited by legislature. Two individuals with the same qualification in different countries may offer differing level of care. And if the act establishing these professions is amended tomorrow, this discourse becomes a history leSSON

OPTICIANRY
An optician is a professional who is trained in dispensing optics, and is capable of receiving, interpreting and supplying ophthalmic lenses ; spectacles, contact lenses and low vision aids. An optician can independently sell frames, sunglasses, artificial eyes, cosmetic contact lenses and even Oculus Rift. Dispensing optics is a two or three year programme done Diploma-style in optometry schools. Their regulatory board is the ODORBN- Optometry and dispensing optician regulatory board etc.

OPTOMETRY
An optometrist is an individual who has completed a 6yr optometry programme and awarded doctor of optometry. He is expected to complete a single year internship programme. The course has its own fellowship and post graduate schools and a newly inaugurated residency programme.
An optom as I prefer to call them is capable of handling ocular emergencies, infective cases, refraction leading to prescription of glasses and contact lenses, treats eye ailments, low vision rehab and orthoptics.
In Nigeria, refraction, LV and orthoptics are their exclusive preserve. LV and orthoptics are specialty areas, saying every optom can do them is like saying every MD can do a cardio bypass shunt surgery or neurosurgery.
I'd like to point out that the ailments treated have a limit , however this should not concern the layman as optometrist are involved in the co-managment of every case. At their set limits, they are expected to refer. Common cases referred are cataract surgery, deep penetrating/perforating corneal injury, laser trabeculoplasty, photo coagulation and ocular/orbital tumours. Optom also do dispensing optics in school, herein lies a problem that would be seen later.

OPHTHALMOLOGY
An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor that after completing his MBBS, went on to specialize in ophthalmology. From his MBBS experience, he is able to carry out surgery, though most of the special skill is learnt at the post graduate level. So, he can practice general medicine and do ocular work too. Considering the fact that he is often in a general hospital, most patients get to meet him first thus bypassing the optom. And at the limit of his powers, he refers refractive cases to the optom, and this fuels the stereotype that optom only does glasses. And economically it is more viable to employ ophthalm considering their versatility in general practice. And moreover there are just five or six optom schools in Nigeria.

GREY AREAS AND HOTSPOTS
The optician and optom have overlapping points and it breeds conflict often. Most optom send their jobs to opticians but this doesn't stop the optician from engaging in illicit behaviour such as refracting patients and giving drugs.
I ran a screening programme for a multinational a few years back, and we had men from every group on our team- we even have hype men and bouncers at times [sic] … I observed that my optician was jotting like ManUtd manager, when I got closer after a while, I saw she had written complaints and drugs given.. That's how they start. We also see lots of optom and ophthalmol that practice beyond their scope. Lots of!
Another issue is that of employment in the civil service. I don't want to discuss those issues but to appeal to all parties to act on the philosophy of mutual respect and human dignity. I hope I remained impartial throughout .

I don't know your field in eye care, but you have tried to handle this response very sensibly and professionally with some good research rather than rely on assumptions to define the three Eye related fields.kudos!
The topic can not be over-flogged as lots of Nigerians generally believe they can outsmart eye care professionals who have spent years of their lives to study to render this all sensitive care.
I'm in the eye care fields and i see these things frequently. people think that they can just get any one drop from the "chemist" whern they have what they think is a minor eye problem and its over. Many believe its the eye professionals will charge lots of many for "simple" eye problems. eventually it becomes "penny wise, pounds foolish" because what they could have spent N5000 to fix in time will end up costing tens of thousands later due to "smart" choices.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by rexbuton: 12:43pm On May 02, 2016
DeRay98:

I don't know your field in eye care, but you have tried to handle this response very sensibly and professionally with some good research rather than rely on assumptions to define the three Eye related fields.kudos!
The topic can not be over-flogged as lots of Nigerians generally believe they can outsmart eye care professionals who have spent years of their lives to study to render this all sensitive care.
I'm in the eye care fields and i see these things frequently. people think that they can just get any one drop from the "chemist" when they have what they think is a minor eye problem and its over. Many believe its the eye professionals will charge lots of many for "simple" eye problems. eventually it becomes "penny wise, pounds foolish" because what they could have spent N5000 to fix in time will end up costing tens of thousands later due to "smart" choices.

Thanks for the feedback! Eye professionals need to do more in educating consumers. The information deficit is too large

1 Like

Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by rexbuton: 12:54pm On May 02, 2016
...especially in the area of antibiotics abuse.
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by walexsy(m): 3:10pm On May 02, 2016
DeRay98:

The fact that you were involved in a domestic violence incident and the eye pain with focusing and light sensitivity, indicates that you have been hit in the eye with a strong likelihood of anterior chamber hemorrhage. the blood from the hemorrhage will act as glue to append the crystalline lens and or iris with the cornea. this condition is emergency that needs timely assessment and treatment with properly in 48-72hrs, it can get complicated when the blood clots and surgery will be inevitable. So, an Ophthalmologist or Optometrist can help you out, if you delay ophthalmologist will have to perform surgery to limit the damage. since, FMC is on holiday, look for a private eye clinic with an Optometrist, NOT an OPTICIAN.
U are right about the gluing stuff especially when I'm walking in the sun I feel like sleeping!..buh da 1 just started on Saturday...
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by walexsy(m): 3:33pm On May 02, 2016
rexbuton:
@ Walexsy
I'm sorry about the domestic violence, I hope you finally showed her who's her daddy!!

For your eyes, giving you a drug over the internet is closer to quackery than common sense. Could you please answer the following questions.
1. What was the nature of the object that hit the eye
2. Was the eye open on impact?
3. Is the lid torn or swollen or filled with blood?
4. Can you open the eye normally?
5. Can you move the eye in all directions?
6. Do you feel like vomiting?
7. Does it feel like there's something inside the eye?
8. Was the blow high velocity?
9. Are you seeing double?
10. Do you think your vision is reduced? check both eyed individually
11. Ask someone to shine a torch in your eye and tell if the small black hole becomes smaller
12. Were you vaccinated against Tetanus?
13. Does your vision look tinted?
Lol..it was actually man to man...1.A quite sharp object
2.No buh...
3.the lid is torn n a bit swollen
4.yes when I'm not just awakening
5.yea
6.not at all
7.doesn't feel so
8.yea,it was
9.no
10.definitely,only the eye tho
11.I can't tell
12.No
13.yea...
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by rexbuton: 4:27pm On May 02, 2016
walexsy:
Lol..it was actually man to man...1.A quite sharp object
2.No buh...
3.the lid is torn n a bit swollen
4.yes when I'm not just awakening
5.yea
6.not at all
7.doesn't feel so
8.yea,it was
9.no
10.definitely,only the eye tho
11.I can't tell
12.No
13.yea...

Possibly a lacerating injury, and the depth of involvement is a referral criteria in most countries.
A high velocity blow is high risk too.

For your vision to be reduced even after 5 days may indicate corneal injury (also considering your photophobia) or anterior chamber involvement as suggested by DeRay98.
You will need to go back to FMC tomorrow to see a doctor for complete evaluation, and as you'd need tetanus toxoid injection if the object was metallic only as a precaution.

If the pain is unbearable, then you can take a tab of Diclofenac with food.. as long as you don't have stomach wahala or ulcer
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by Malguz: 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
rexbuton:
EYE WHITENERS

Most of us complain that our eyes are not white or our eyes are red and we want clean eyes etc And the chemist guy gives us Lumigan
eye drops for that we can buy Lumigan online in pharmacy. Firstly, most of our eyes are not white and they are not red either. The discoloration is often due to fat deposits . Lumigan is a vasoconstrictor, it makes your blood vessels narrow to reduce blood flow. Visine would only work if you are having a real red eye or an acute red eye otherwise you would just be wasting your money and if you use it more regularly to get faster results you could be putting your self at risk.
Lumigan makes your eyes dilate more and this could put you at risk if you are prone to having glaucoma ( Narrow ange). Also, leaving Lumigan lying around could prove costly as ingested Lumigan is poisonous and fatal in children.

cc Mynd44

As for me, the redness of the eyes, an indication that you need to revise the dosage of the drug.
Re: Why You Should not get eye drops without prescription by imhere: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
I have never seen a supplementary vitamins that treats the eye like PurXcel. Every heatlth multi level company has diseases their products are very effective at treating. For eye treatment give it to purxcel. Watch this video and see the fantastic nature of Purxcel eye treatment.
If you are interested call me on 080 359 65 405

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKrwQF2-5hg&t=24s

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike / Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? / COVID-19: Ogun State Launches Sample Collection Centre In Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.