Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,799 members, 7,831,587 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East (16744 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: Don't Blame Wike Or Secondus - Okupe Tells Bode George, Others / PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West / PDP Chairmanship: The Gladiators, Their Chances, Weaknesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Allee90: 4:49pm On May 01, 2016
Wallahi no Almajiri in the north will EVER vote for an Igbo man on any position. If you are in doubt just ask for sampling across the entire north. Hate nemesis await them up north

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Super1Star: 4:56pm On May 01, 2016
Adaure4ever:
nice point, I[b]gbos made the mistake in 2011, they would have insisted on North to bring out a Yaradua replacement in readiness for 2015 or 2019.[/b]
If you ask me, Willie Obiano is moulding himself into a visionary Apga leader, He should target at making Apga a National party by building Political bridges and atleast Zoning Apga Chairmanship to another Geo Political Zone and wooing strong political gurus to the party.

Under which part of the constitution would that have happened?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by FreeGlobe(f): 4:59pm On May 01, 2016
Super1Star:

Under which part of the constitution would that have happened?
as a strong apc person, I expected you to avoid this thread but no, igbos are mentioned. This is just funny
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by GuyfawkesAB(m): 5:00pm On May 01, 2016
Tonyebarcanista, ever speaking from the two sides of his mouth.

He picks his distorted lens, takes a view on an issue and argue it blindly, only to come out at the realization of his folly with another distorted permutation. Meanwhile, you don't get to hear his views when his arguments have been proved wrong and his position had been put to shame

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Super1Star: 5:02pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

as a strong apc person, I expected you to avoid this thread but no, igbos are mentioned. This is just funny

I am not an APC person. I have never been and will never be.

Supporting PMB does not make me an APC person. He was the lesser evil out of the 2 contestants.

If a credible party presents a better candidate than Buhari in 2019, I will route for him with all my might like I did for Buhari.

I am for good governance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by EazyMoh(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2016
modath:

Where in this una permutation are the SW & the NC? Dem be jara ba? The states that swing the votes... Na wah for permutation oooo.

N-PDP is a force to reckon with truly but with Amaechi & El Rufai in tow..

Also help me with the result of the APC presidential primary result again, i can't seem to remember the margin of victory between PMB & the closest challenger ... lipsrsealed Thanks...

@ Tinsel

TonyeBarcanista believes SW is one small community with the way he analyses.. Just like Americans believe Africa is one small hamlet that the kwashorkor infected kids run naked in the street..,They all know nohin.. cheesy
I was the first to ask OP the first question, check page 1 of the thread.
The result was like this: PMB 3500+ Kwankwaso 900+ Atiku 900+ Rochas 600+.
Now assuming SW remains loyal to PMB while Kwankwaso and Atiku
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Omeny: 5:29pm On May 01, 2016
Destined2win:
I don't think the south east needs a VP slot, Why not the Presidential slot

U didn't read the article above ni or you read and didn't understand what u read?
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by adanny01(m): 5:31pm On May 01, 2016
My sincere advice to SE is that they should depart from their waysof putting all their eggs in one basket.

In PDP, the closest chance they have is 2027 but in APC its earlier in 2023.

It gets worst for the SE if the present APC Marriage between the North and SW continues and the party wins 2019 without SE. That would mean when the presidential turn of APC gets back to the south in 2023, it will definitely be SW again. The SE will kiss the presidency bye for a long long time to say 2039.

Too bad, igbos (SE) need to split themselves.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:37pm On May 01, 2016
EazyMoh:

Igbo president till 2027 according to Barcanista. Well I don't care whether the SE are OK with it. whatever makes them happy.
My question is where is SW in this your permutations. from 2019-2027 Northern president and Igbo VP, from 2027-2035 Igbo president and Northern VP, I don't think you can zone both president and VP to the south. So what you are saying is you plan to spend 16 years without SW on the PDP tickets?
Goodluck with that!
The SW is to produce party chairman in 2018 and would hold the position till 2026.

As for wetin for 16years, the Igbos SE waited for 20years(1999-2019) to produce VP candidate, I don't think it will be out of order for SW and SS to wait.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by ElCount: 7:18pm On May 01, 2016
Every igbo person should be talking about breaking away from this country because truth be told we ve already been shortchanged right from inception and rendered politically useless, I mean what do you intend to achieve with just five states? It doesn't matter whether you vote or not once the other regions unite like we saw in the last election your votes become useless.

Personally I find this talk of igbos not knowing how to play their card politically repugnant. The igbos have a free mentality, I mean why would I want to vote Buhari when I hate him just so I can be politically relevant that's stupid for me, you can say whatever you want. The Americans come out and vote whoever they like, you will never see an American voting someone he hates that's the reality, so we should quit this black mentality because in truth there is no true right to vote and to be voted for in Nigeria, we only have the former not the latter.

Yes we have not produced a president but the truth is an average South Easterner doesn't care anymore because we ve been thru worse and survived either way whether politically relevant or not, as a matter of fact the SE politicians are there for business so in the long run it doesn't even matter.

APC, PDP who freaking cares? Divide this country already let everyone go and answer his fathers name. Its been more than 55yrs of independence and 102yrs of amalgamation and Nigeria is still the private business of a select few, about 33yrs ago Buhari was a Nigerian president can you please tell me who the current Nigerian president is?

5 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Eluwilussit(m): 7:46pm On May 01, 2016
Destined2win:

The whole idea is to wrestle power away from APC. Just like APC used bubu, the PDP must find a winning formula. An Igbo presidency is the last thing the party needs now, for obvious reasons. That's not to say that there are no capable persons in SE. Neither does it mean that whoever is chosen from anywhere in the north is the best. The case of bubu comes to mind. SE is PDP. VP or no VP. So is SS. But their loyalty should not be taken for granted. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by kemasTruth(m): 7:50pm On May 01, 2016
Allee90:
Wallahi no Almajiri in the north will EVER vote for an Igbo man on any position. If you are in doubt just ask for sampling across the entire north. Hate nemesis await them up north
Hahahaha you're delusional, If you think dey wont vote keep calm, with the right political awareness even ur Imam, Emirs and Almajiris will come out massively to vote for him
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by modath(f): 8:01pm On May 01, 2016
Super1Star:

Supporting PMB does not make me an APC person. He was the lesser evil out of the 2 contestants.

If a credible party presents a better candidate than Buhari in 2019, I will route for him with all my might like I did for Buhari.

GBAM, GBAMMER, GBAMMEST... EoD.

Aye oniyo ni e ma je, didun didun!!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Eluwilussit(m): 8:02pm On May 01, 2016
EazyMoh:

No Igbo party would sell in the North.
The best chance ofr an Igbo president is in APC, Rochester in particular. In 2023 after PMB'S second term. All Rochas needs to do is to convince PMB to support him. If he raises his hand in the north, believe you me majority of northerners will vote for him even against a Northern PDP candidate.
What am not sure is how much do the Igbos hate APC that they would vote for a northerner instead of an Igbo man just to prove a point that they hate the north.

Stop being silly. The SE has been pdp since 1999. If they stop voting pdp and vote APC because of Rochas, wouldn't people like you turn around and accuse them of being tribalistic? How does the SE voting pdp in 2023, even against one of their own in APC translate into hating the north? Go through your logic again. grin
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by bofoy(m): 8:17pm On May 01, 2016
Una don ban too much
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 01, 2016
Super1Star:

Hmm! Never knew you to be this objective. So why the sudden change!
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2016
DropShot:

Slave mentality!
In all previous instances you referenced, the chairmanship had gone to the zone that didn't have the presidency. GEJ's loss shouldn't prevent that "gentleman agreement" from continuing. Once GEJ lost and with the presidency zoned to the NE, the logical, rational and sensible thing to do is for PDP to zone its chairmanship to South.

Similar to the position on the Chairmanship. Nothing can justify zoning the presidency and chairmanship to the same zone if not master-slave relationship.

We know SE and PDP are Siamese twins. No problems at all. In fact, should SE be given the presidential slot in APC in 2019, the zone will still opt for PDP offering only a deputy senate presidency. Such is their lack of grasp of Naija politics. The only politics the zone understands is politics of hatred. Hence, SE will NEVER produce Nigeria's president except it changes its attitude.

[s] Igbos will always align with PDP for obvious reasons (frauds, divide and rule at the highest level, hatred for Hausa-Yoruba party, etc). And these are the reasons they may never produce a Nigeria president. [/s] No region will be able to produce president without the SW, NE and NW.

You have sided with injustice and irrationality on many occasions. You know you stand for NOTHING and fall for ANYTHING. You speak from both sides of your mouth.

Typical of a slave!

Keep dreaming!

PMB will be president till 2023 whether una like am or not. The SW will be very silly to vote for another Northern politician other than PMB in 2019 because doing so will mean that the North will retain the presidency till 2027.

In 2023, the South (read SW) will produce the next president for another eight years. Only after sixteen years of APC may we start to determine if PDP deserves another chance at Aso Rock.
Some Igbos, we have Igbos in other parties too.
By 2023 there might be no APC or PDP, lets focus on 2019 for now.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by sarrki(m): 8:43pm On May 01, 2016
Destined2win:

The way you are so sure that the south south & south east won't vote apc , same way the north & south west is also sure for apc (pmb)

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Some Igbos, we have Igbos in other parties too.
By 2023 there might be no APC or PDP, lets focus on 2019 for now.
Good response! PDP and SE aren't siamese twins. So anyone coming out here to boast may be in for a shocker come next election. We'll wait till 2019 to see which party has the Presidential interest of our people at heart, before we give them our votes.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by engineerboat(m): 9:01pm On May 01, 2016
@tonyebarcanista, people will still shout, however what is playing out by the zoning is that the New National chairman from NE with the aim of penetrating the North for PRO, then handed over to the Southern man at the experation of his tenure by 2018.
At this time North will be Nominating for PRO president to complete the North zoning pattern of yaradua while the south produce the VP come 2019.

So to all those making fuse about this , watch out for more fusing. What is so surprising is that majority of those shouting about this zoning are the PROMISE CHANGER. a no know them oooooooooh
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by EazyMoh(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The SW is to produce party chairman in 2018 and would hold the position till 2026.

As for wetin for 16years, the Igbos SE waited for 20years(1999-2019) to produce VP candidate, I don't think it will be out of order for SW and SS to wait.
OK Oh Oga Barcanista goodluck with that arrangement.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by WhoRUDeceiving: 9:12pm On May 01, 2016
SE for presidency 2027 LOL

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:27pm On May 01, 2016
Chiwude:
Good response! PDP and SE aren't siamese twins. So anyone coming out here to boast may be in for a shocker come next election. We'll wait till 2019 to see which party has the Presidential interest of our people at heart, before we give them our votes.

People seem to forget, we have had PPA and APGA led governments. The mentality of Our Son, affected the central eastern voters, There might be more PDP voters in the east, but without a central support base, it will crumble.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by comrChris(m): 9:28pm On May 01, 2016
the question should be who has the presidential slop epp? North that has produced the highest num of president are their lives better than an average southerner? what about Ogun that produced obasanjo for 8yrs,how is the state? it is even hard to notice that Ogun has produced a president before

You people should worry less about SE,we are doing better without your president wahala
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 01, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Stop being silly. The SE has been pdp since 1999. If they stop voting pdp and vote APC because of Rochas, wouldn't people like you turn around and accuse them of being tribalistic? How does the SE voting pdp in 2023, even against one of their own in APC translate into hating the north? Go through your logic again. grin
Some people keep bragging about this PDPish and I begin to ask myself when did ndigbo and PDP became siamese twin? Who created this useless thinking in the mind of our people. Has the PDP really been fair to us?
If its about loyalty, the SE never been found wanting in the books of the PDP. Since 1999 till date our people have always supported the party in the presidential elections. We've always shelved our regional interest for the so-called national interest. Didn't Alex Ekwueme forgo his Presidential ambition for the SW to be compensated for June 12? Didn't we wholly threw our votes in support of Yar'adua in 2007? When Jonathan emerge as President in 2010 we supported the party's flagbearer whole heartedly and never abandoned him for the north, even when obvious his defeat at that time would hasten our Presidential ambition. But inspite of all these years of standing with the party what political and economic gains did we record? This is the question I want the brainless boasters in our midst to answer? Were we deemed worthy enough to fly the party's presidential flag for over (16) sixteen years of the party in power? Were we even considered for Vice-Presidential position? Did the party pull its weight behind us in our quest for a 6th Igbo state even when obvious we were been cheated in fiscal and budgetary distribution of the national purse? Or did the party support us when we cried for a sea port or for the construction of the second niger bridge? Infact going into more details would expose some of the injustice suffered by Ndigbo in the hands of PDP? So anyone that thinks PDP would have a stroll in the park in the SE come 2019 is joking.
Lastly, is it a crime if we fly the party's presidential flag in 2019, why wait till 2027? Or can't the north sacrifice its own slot for the sake of the useless party/national interst, so that the Igbo nation can feel welcomed into the nigerian project?
Well, I would say it here openly, any PDP chieftain who think they would stroll on the back of the SE to become relevant again should dream again? PDP should be the ones courting us and not we from the SE? And I make bold to say, that any party that can guarantee us the 2019 or 2023 Presidential ticket, whether APC, PDP or a newer formidable party with full backing is whom we shall follow?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Super1Star: 10:29pm On May 01, 2016
Chiwude:
Hmm! Never knew you to be this objective. So why the sudden change!

I am always objective, it is only dependent on the side of prism you are using to view it.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 01, 2016
PDP should care less about Victory in 2019, coz it's certain there is no one in the Party than can win against PMB!
They should appeal to, and respect the Igbo nation simply by presenting an Igbo-Man as the Party Presidential Candidate in 2019!
This will help the Party to remain Stronger in the South East and South South respectively, also to win more at the expense of APGA and PPA!
But truth be told..... SE can produce a President in 2023 if they play their cards very well! And the best route to Aso-Rock for a SE Man is APC! Live it or leave it..... no qualm!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Nobody: 5:13am On May 02, 2016
Super1Star:

I am always objective, it only dependent on the side of prism you are using to view it.
Good to hear!
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by loopman: 5:48am On May 02, 2016
Anytime they want to cheat the SE, they will put their chances in long term like 2027 or 2039. Who can see into the future that far??
The SEasterners are not even helping their matter, they've made themselves too cheap and readily available for PDP by their mortal antagonistic stand against APC.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by ogwumgbe: 7:48am On May 02, 2016
Shut up, we are not interested in dirty politics of merging. We are interested in building the South East economically. Keep being busy with politics while we keep developing our region with the spped of light. Then when our works start speaking for us, Nigeria will beg the igbo to preside over them. Time for dirty and bling politics is over. Anambra State is doing fine with Apga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Pad December 2020 Promotion List With Strange Names - Sahara Reporters / We Will Give Edo State Permission To Fix Bad Federal Roads - Umahi / Wike Begs Niger Delta Avengers To Accept Dialogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.