Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East (16723 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: Don't Blame Wike Or Secondus - Okupe Tells Bode George, Others / PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West / PDP Chairmanship: The Gladiators, Their Chances, Weaknesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Nobody: 8:26am On May 02, 2016
Desperation to return to power in 2019( as quickly as possible) has made PDP zone almost everything to North and short change others (South east&south west) an using Ali Amodu Sherif( a pariah) as a joker. Would it work? Time would tell cool

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Eluwilussit(m): 8:27pm On May 02, 2016
Chiwude:
Some people keep bragging about this PDPish and I begin to ask myself when did ndigbo and PDP became siamese twin? Who created this useless thinking in the mind of our people. Has the PDP really been fair to us?
If its about loyalty, the SE never been found wanting in the books of the PDP. Since 1999 till date our people have always supported the party in the presidential elections. We've always shelved our regional interest for the so-called national interest. Didn't Alex Ekwueme forgo his Presidential ambition for the SW to be compensated for June 12? Didn't we wholly threw our votes in support of Yar'adua in 2007? When Jonathan emerge as President in 2010 we supported the party's flagbearer whole heartedly and never abandoned him for the north, even when obvious his defeat at that time would hasten our Presidential ambition. But inspite of all these years of standing with the party what political and economic gains did we record? This is the question I want the brainless boasters in our midst to answer? Were we deemed worthy enough to fly the party's presidential flag for over (16) sixteen years of the party in power? Were we even considered for Vice-Presidential position? Did the party pull its weight behind us in our quest for a 6th Igbo state even when obvious we were been cheated in fiscal and budgetary distribution of the national purse? Or did the party support us when we cried for a sea port or for the construction of the second niger bridge? Infact going into more details would expose some of the injustice suffered by Ndigbo in the hands of PDP? So anyone that thinks PDP would have a stroll in the park in the SE come 2019 is joking.
Lastly, is it a crime if we fly the party's presidential flag in 2019, why wait till 2027? Or can't the north sacrifice its own slot for the sake of the useless party/national interst, so that the Igbo nation can feel welcomed into the nigerian project?
Well, I would say it here openly, any PDP chieftain who think they would stroll on the back of the SE to become relevant again should dream again? PDP should be the ones courting us and not we from the SE? And I make bold to say, that any party that can guarantee us the 2019 or 2023 Presidential ticket, whether APC, PDP or a newer formidable party with full backing is whom we shall follow?

You are very correct in every sense. But an Igbo candidacy will not wrestle power away from APC. If it is sentiment, yeah. But as it is today, PDP only wants power back. It doesn't matter to them where the president is from. After that, then the SE should get it. Honestly, I don't care where the president comes from.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by MirabelArode(f): 10:04pm On May 02, 2016
Postulation, postulation,postulation. Let me tell you all what will happen since the Igbo are only good to vote and not to be voted for...

1.) If there are no Eastern presidential candidates, the East will keep their votes in the pockets. They don't make good slaves.

2 ) Their will be voter apathy in the East and the battle will be between the SW and North in subsequent elections abd power-mongering north will win.

3.) Radio Biafra will play a big role in what happens in that election, you may want to wave it off but the wise ones know what I'm saying. The East won't vote a yoruba or a northerner until they are also voted as the East have voted for them.

3.) Since the SW have agreed that the power-mongering north have more population than them. ie that Kano alone has more people than lagos +Ogun put together, the north will always win. (SW vs North)- SE = North presidency.

4.) I don't see another yoruba man becoming president before the Igbo; as even the north will argue that SW can not be president before the SE, call it divide and rule but it will work and power will remain in the North till nigeria disintegrates.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by Ariani: 11:10pm On May 02, 2016
Lol! Only naive Igbos still don't think of Igbo existence outside this colonial contraption but are rather embroiled with the atavistic politics of this entity.

2027? Really? Why not 2050? Ndi ara.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East by after1: 12:23am On May 04, 2016
ObinnaIzuora:

Villager, what is inferiority complete? Lmao. It seems the after1 have really disgraced you since you now accuse different people of being that person. May I never die well if am same person as after1, may all your labour be in vains for lying against me. AMEN. Say amen!!!

Just back from a month ban just for replying that guy, Please let him know we are not same person, I dont hide to do my bashing, got more than 40 mentions from that boy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Families Of Slain Soldiers Cry For Help / 2023: PDP Governors Agree To Throw Presidential Ticket Open / Michael Chinda Speaking With Journalists At The Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.