Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners (1056 Views)

Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister / Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) / Flood Of Northerners In Imo State Villages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners by coolscott(m): 2:34pm On May 01, 2016
[size=13pt]I am now ashamed of northerners. I will progressively add my points here one by one over time. [/size]

[size=13pt] Point number1:
Herdsmen where killing people that they have no dealings with.

Herdsmen were raping other people's wives.

Herdsmen were defiling other people's daughters.

All through the kidnapping and maiming and killing, the northern governors did not hold a meeting to arrest the problem.

All through the period they did not come out to put pressure on the forces to apprehend the killers.

When people start coming out complaining about their people being killed
being, kidnapped
being raped,

They hold a northern governors forum meeting and say it is an insult for us to call the killers herdsmen.

Don't they think they have insulted themselves in the eyes of the rest of the country in a hard-to-reverse way?

Don't they know they have helped most of the rest of the country to acquire a genuine conviction that they are actually close to being moronic?

Whose responsibility is it to clean up their act if the rest of the country is complaining of Fulani killings? Is it Yoruba? Or Tivi? Or Itsekiri? Does the onions not fall on the Fulanis to clean up their act?

You can skip to Point number4 by clicking here: https://www.nairaland.com/3079864/now-ashamed-northerners#45214405

[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners by coolscott(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2016
[size=13pt] Point number2:
I actually watched a video of Buhari in front of a h-u-g-e mob of club-carrying northern youths in a 2011 election rally. In that rally, he was telling the frenzied crowd to attack anyone who tried to steal/divert their votes. It seemed everyone in the crowd had a club or cudgel. Buhari himself had a cudgel in his hand which he thrusted in the air.

I said to myself, "In Africa, the elders we respect and we truly consider elders are the ones who when there is trouble, look for a way to bring an end to it from a position superior to the squabble. This man is an old man and this is what he is doing. I don't think he deserves in any way to be a leader here".

But surprisingly, this is the man they all rallied around. A northerner in the south told me that even if Buhari was a corpse they would vote for him. In the south, we have so many things that are wrong. But when a scallywag like Amaechi tries to scallywag himself into relevance, we are able to tell ourselves the truth that he is a scallywag and up till today, Amaechi does not have the endorsement of the very state he governed for 8 years.

Even Odilli that Rivers people praised knowing he was a crook just because they were going to govt. house to collect money, we still tell ourselves the truth about him - which is that he was a crook and a tragedy to the state. Even Odilli himself has accepted that he no more has a political career.

I thought northerners had some deep sense of philosophy that made them arrive at logical decisions better than many ethnic groups in the south. But now my eyes are opening to see that they really do not know what they are doing.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners by coolscott(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2016
[size=13pt] Point number3:
A northerner actually said that the oil in Oloibiri in Bayelsa state belongs to the North. Not even to Nigeria
No need to expansiate. I think that says it all
[/size]
Re: I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners by coolscott(m): 3:20pm On May 01, 2016
[size=13pt] Point number4:
Why will northern leaders come out and declare that an attack on terrorists who are killing, beheading and raping innocent Nigerians is an attack on the north?
[/size]
Re: I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners by coolscott(m): 3:32pm On May 01, 2016
[size=13pt] Point number4:
As herdsmen killed, butchered and pillaged, the north kept smugly silent.

And the following is why I believe they are directly or indirectly behind this:

In this so called anti-corruption era, not one call was made to arrest these people.

No alarm bells went off over their possession of guns and ammunition.

As far as everyone (i.e every northern senator, governor and even the president) was concerned

everything was alright except that if we want to stop the problem,

we should allow the government to choose and sieze lands they deem fit

in all the 36 states to be reserved for the Fulani herdsmen.

They say from one side of their mouths that the Killers are not the herdsmen,

and from the other, they say if the herdsmen have these lands (i.e. if they have our lands) then they will not kill again. Are these the kind of people we should respect?

If the Fulani have been the ones doing the killing, should the response of the authorities be that we reward them with our lands?

If the Fulani have not been the ones doing the killing, how will giving the Fulanis our lands stop the killers from killing?
[/size]
Re: I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners by skyhighweb(m): 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
na wow oh
Re: I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=coolscott post=45213836][size=13pt] Point number2:
I actually watched a video of Buhari in front of a h-u-g-e mob of club-carrying northern youths in a 2011 election rally. In that rally, he was telling the frenzied crowd to attack anyone who tried to steal/divert their votes. It seemed everyone in the crowd had a club or cudgel. Buhari himself had a cudgel in his hand which he thrusted in the air.

I said to myself, "In Africa, the elders we respect and we truly consider elders are the ones who when there is trouble, look for a way to bring an end to it from a position superior to the squabble. This man is an old man and this is what he is doing. I don't think he deserves in any way to be a leader here".

But surprisingly, this is the man they all rallied around. A northerner in the south told me that even if Buhari was a corpse they would vote for him. In the south, we have so many things that are wrong. But when a scallywag like Amaechi tries to scallywag himself into relevance, we are able to tell ourselves the truth that he is a scallywag and up till today, Amaechi does not have the endorsement of the very state he governed for 8 years.

Even Odilli that Rivers people praised knowing he was a crook just because they were going to govt. house to collect money, we still tell ourselves the truth about him - which is that he was a crook and a tragedy to the state. Even Odilli himself has accepted that he no more has a political career.

I thought northerners had some deep sense of philosophy that made them arrive at logical decisions better than many ethnic groups in the south. But now my eyes are opening to see that they really do not know what they are doing.
[/size][/
Please kindly provide the link or video.
Re: I Am Now Ashamed Of Northerners by bloodmoneyspita: 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
Tarabi 9:69
"Killing unbelievers is a small matter to us" The words of Muhammed, prophet of Islam.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Guardian Has Replied David Cameron / More Photos Of The Chibok Girl Meeting With President Buhari / Buhari Not Ill, But Pray For Him -adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.