Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom (630 Views)

FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by Sagamite(m): 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2009
From ThisDay

[size=18pt]Gunmen Release Husbands, Take Wives[/size]
From Wole Ayodele in Lokoja, 08.10.2009

A new twist was introduced into the kidnap  of two local government chairmen in Kogi State weekend, as the abductors released them after collecting N60million ransom  and thereafter took custody of their wives who delivered the ransom to them.

The gunmen, after requesting for the ransom,  insisted that nobody else should bring it except the wives and warned that any attempt to flout the directive may spell doom for the men.

In obedience to the directive, the ransom, which was said to have been provided by the state government, was handed over to the wives on Saturday.

However, as soon as the women delivered the money, Ropo Asala and Earnest Abah, the two Chairmen who had been in the custody of the abductors since Thursday morning, were released, but their wives were  detained, with a directive that they pay N10million ransom.

Narrating their ordeal, the duo said they were not rough handled by the gunmen, but were  served good food and drinks.

Meanwhile, the number of policemen killed by the gunmen had risen to four, as one of the injured policemen who had been on admission since the incident occurred died as a result of the injuries.
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by Sagamite(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2009
Demonstrates the incompetent and useless morons running Nigeria.

The state government is paying ransom without any attempt to make arrest and also put other citizens in danger.
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by jaybee3(m): 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2009
Only in naij.
Kidnapping is def the zero stress, quick way to riches this dayz. Anyone with info on recruitment camps?
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by MrCrackles(m): 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2009
Another crazy tactics introduced into the kidnapping wave sweeping through the nation. . . . .
BLIMEY! shocked
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by nex(m): 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2009
They should go ask the other Chairman that was with them in the Hotel. He knows everything about this and I'm sure he convinced the Governor to pay.

Osun O! N60 million of taxpayers' money. What part of the budget is this coming from? Miscellaneous?
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by Ibime(m): 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2009
After now, some woman will come and start lying to us how snipers saved her from kidnappers. See as Naija Police dey fall their hand. Thank God say these kidnappers na for Kogi State, otherwise everybody go dey ask say which kain emancipation una dey find inside kidnapping. grin grin grin
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by agabaI23(m): 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2009
Me think 'tis a money laundering tactic.
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by wakagirl: 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2009
What can one say? State govt paying that much for kidnappers? Chei with the no of politicians i meet daily I berra think of who to kidnap fast grin
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by wakagirl: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2009
I think i will target Yara's daughter probably the one who married a gov and demand 1bl, kai i'm made be that o grin
Re: State Government Pays Kidnappers Ransom by nex(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2009
agaba123

I'm saying the same thing O! Other means of diverting funds are proving futile.

(1) (Reply)

The Federal Government Purported Fuel Subsidy To End Soon / ICC - What Is The Latest On Sarkin Yarkin Bello? / Ogun Kangaroo Tribunal, Which Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.