Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Some Thoughts For People Lost In Their Circumstances And See No Way Out. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Some Thoughts For People Lost In Their Circumstances And See No Way Out. (692 Views)

Motivation Friday: Finding Strength In Difficult Circumstances / Help Me. I Am Lost In My Own Thoughts / The Debilitating Circumstances We Find Ourselves As NIGERIANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Thoughts For People Lost In Their Circumstances And See No Way Out. by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 01, 2016
You know, there are a lot of people in this world who would rather complain about their circumstances, than do anything about them. They can give you a million and one reasons as to why they can't be successful or accomplish anything, but can't or won't give you ONE idea of what they intend to do about it.

But not all unsuccessful people are this way. Some, because of circumstances beyond their control, are unable to achieve their dreams for a variety of different reasons. Maybe they were forced to drop out of school because they couldn't afford the cost. Maybe a relative fell ill and they were forced to quit their job to relocate and provide care for them. Maybe they graduated, but the job market was a lot more competitive than they imagined. Maybe they had an unexpected child, and no longer have the freedom and disposable income they once did. Or maybe their business suffered a loss, and left them bankrupt.

If any of this sounds like you, I get it, and I sympathize. I know what and how it feels to feel stuck, lost and trapped in your circumstances. Just a few years ago I lost nearly everything I had. Watching everything I'd earned and built from scratch and years of effort, vanish almost instantly was a shock to myself that took me nearly 7 years to recover from. And I'm still not whole to this day. But despite what's happened in the past, I don't allow it to dictate where or how far I travel in the future. Instead I use to write a better future for myself. And while it's easy to talk about it today, living it and piecing it together was much more difficult. And I know and believe that if I can bounce back, so can you.

It would be easy for me to sit here and talk about my present day success (as many people who overcome adversity like to do), but what good is that going to do you? Yes, it's easy to say I didn't give up, and to tell you that I prayed, stayed grounded in faith and worked hard, and eventually everything turned out fine. In your mind, you already know that it's possible to overcome adversity in general. That's not the issue. Your issue is that you struggle to see how YOU personally can do it. You look at your circumstances and surroundings and you just know that there has got to be a better life than the one you are living. You know in your heart that you were not born to live and die struggling. But despite what your heart and soul tell you, your mind is unable to see an escape. And so you're stuck in this constant cycle of wishing, hoping and praying things get better, and when they don't, you feel another piece of you slowly dying off.

You start to feel empty inside, and when you feel empty, you stop caring, and when you stop caring, you start engaging in behavior that you know in your mind is wrong or dangerous, but you don't care because all that life ever seems to show you is more misery and pain when you do the right things, so maybe... perhaps.... you rationalize, that if you do the opposite, your results will be opposite as well. If you start down the dark path that maybe you'll achieve just enough to be able to make your way back to the right side, but let me tell you something. Once you set foot on that path, it only makes things that much more worse the farther you go. Yes, it may seem advantageous for a short while, but soon you'll realize those gains are short and inconsistent. You fall, get up and try again, and with each fall, you're putting yourself further and further behind.

And I don't say that because it sounds good, or because I've heard it from somewhere else. I say it, because I've lived it. I've been there. And I can tell you for certain that doing anything from a mode and mindset of defeat, will only ever encourage more of the same.

You can't dwell in pain, and expect happiness. You can't dwell in laziness and expect success. You can't dwell in bitterness and expect inner peace and fulfillment.

You CANNOT grow, thinking and believing that you cannot grow.

So what you do is, you start looking for ways and opportunities that will allow you to move forward. How do you do that? You look at what you know.

This could be academic knowledge, street smarts, or people you've met through life. Using what you know, how can you start moving toward the life you want, and stop living the one that you don't?

And one point in time, none of us knew how to walk or talk. But we learned, and in learning how to mumble those first few words and stumble with those initial steps, we learned to master our balance and speech. The same goes for you right now. You may not know how to get away from your misery completely today, but you can take the first step in that direction.

To be honest with you, I have no idea if these words will help or not. I pray that they will. And I pray that you find the resources, people, inspiration, or whatever it is you believe you need to change the circumstances you wish were different. If sharing these posts helps you do that, let me know, and I'll keep writing them. I'll write one everyday if it helps. Because if consistent inspiration is something you believe you currently need to help motivate you to change your circumstances, then I would be more than glad and grateful to be of service to you.

I pray this post helps in some way or another. At the very least, I pray it inspires you to grow and become more than you already are. This life is largely what we make it, and if we put forth no effort to change it, we cannot expect God or anyone else to help us either.

Be blessed!

Ra

1 Like

Re: Some Thoughts For People Lost In Their Circumstances And See No Way Out. by missingrib(f): 7:42pm On May 01, 2016
mehn this thread long o
Re: Some Thoughts For People Lost In Their Circumstances And See No Way Out. by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 01, 2016
missingrib:
mehn this thread long o

But did it help?...
Re: Some Thoughts For People Lost In Their Circumstances And See No Way Out. by Obidikejr(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2016
missingrib:
mehn this thread long o
if you read my thread about the libyan revolution what will you then say? this post aint long but yet its worth readin, trust me, jus read through

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guess Right And Win! Who Wrote This A HR Manager Or Typist? (Funny Pictures) / Federal Ministry Of Labour And Employment Recruitment 2016 – Http://vacancy.fedc / Opportunities With Mbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.