Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government (12220 Views)

Odubu Flying Higher Photoshop / Gunmen Shoot At Pius Odubu In Auchi / Pius Odubu Escapes Assassination (Edo Deputy Governor) - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government by Innodon(m): 8:38am On May 02, 2016
It's all politics
Re: Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government by evansjeff(m): 8:42am On May 02, 2016
Too bad that this happening in my beloved state, anyway Oshiomhole I know will never stoop so low as to making that assassination attempt when he knows people are aware they have issues, be rational. Oshiomhole remains the best Governor Edo has had, working even up to the last year of his administration even when so many states can't pay salaries.

1 Like

Re: Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government by Jesusloveyou: 9:12am On May 02, 2016
omogin:

If oshomole thinks obaseki will hide his plundering of Edo state, I wish him well on that trip
he plunder edo state and he was able to pay salary to date, and confidently increase salary where others that have not plunder their state are not able to pay common 18,000 naira for 3months
Re: Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government by Nobody: 9:17am On May 02, 2016
I don't need a prophet to tell me who is telling the truth,what they did to the oredo chairman after the court gave its verdict was just a pointer of the level of lawlessness in the state,and just how dirty the government can be to achieve it's aim
Re: Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government by dapachez: 9:37am On May 02, 2016
evansjeff:
Too bad that this happening in my beloved state, anyway Oshiomhole I know will never stoop so low as to making that assassination attempt when he knows people are aware they have issues, be rational. Oshiomhole remains the best Governor Edo has had, working even up to the last year of his administration even when so many states can't pay salaries.
well said. Why should it be that when he visited Oshiomole's area that this attempt happened. I smell a rat. Well politicians have serious integrity issues so NA dem sabi
Re: Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government by Nobody: 9:48am On May 02, 2016
lomprico:

Most of the stories posted here are from national dailies or very reliable news blogs.
I agree wit u but not in all cases but even ur reliable source don't knw wt investigative journalism is

1 Like

Re: Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government by breakeven: 11:44am On May 02, 2016
Okay
Re: Odubu's Assassination Claims Are False - Edo State Government by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 02, 2016
stephanie11:
The Edo state government , in a statement signed by the commissioner for orientation and information,Kassim Afegbua, has debunked recent reports that an assassination attempt was made on the life of the state’s deputy governor, Pius Odubu.

It was widely reported that Odubu escaped death by a hair’s breadth after gunmen opened fire on him at the APC secretariat in Auchi, Edo state. The attack reportedly occurred a few minutes after Odubu and the state governor, Adams Oshiomole left a party organized by House of assembly rep(Estako central constituency), Damian Lawani.

The statement read;

“It is instructive to note that the Deputy Governor was inside the secretariat building of the APC in the company of the Party Chairman in the Local Government, Alhaji Umoru Akokhia, addressing the delegates while thugs loyal to him who had become unruly fired gunshots at other APC loyalists who were outside protesting against his visit.We gathered authoritatively that the first shots were, in fact, fired by Odubu’s security details in an attempt to scare away the party faithful who were against the hoodlums imported to their domain by the Odubu Campaign Organisation, before thugs loyal to him fired at the party’s loyalists.

It should be noted that among those who sustained injuries are APC loyalists who are presently receiving medical attention in the hospital. It is laughable that the Odubu Campaign Organisation will allege that the Deputy Governor, with full compliments of security details, was shot at yet no casualty was recorded on the other side and nobody apprehended.

Given the above scenario, we find it lousy for anyone to impute assassination theory as propounded by the Odubu Campaign Organisation especially when investigations are still ongoing and the Police are yet to submit their findings on the fracas. A responsible campaign organisation should have waited for investigation reports before jumping into reckless conclusions.”

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/deputy-governors-assasination-claims-false-edo-state-government/

So, there were shots, FIRST Shots and like the spokesman wants us to believe, other shots.....
So these BIG SHOTS have started carrying SHOTGUNS (and heaven knows what else) in a country where carrying of firearms is illegal?!!
Hope they are registered undecided undecided undecided undecided

APC and Violence!!!!! (somebody please attach the requisite picture).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos’s Chequered History: How It Came To Be The Megacity It Is Today / Throwback:50 Quotations From Chief Obafemi Awolowo / PDP Leaders Visit Fani-kayode, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.