Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,118 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today (10422 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Visits President Buhari Today At The Abuja House, London (photos) / Arms Panel Prepares To Submit Report; Dambazau, Ihejirika, Indicted / Buhari Said This While Signing Budget 2016 & What A Senator Said Abt It(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by TPAND(f): 8:42am On May 02, 2016
Ijaya123:

How many in your family have died due to tough economy?

Meanwhile, that's a good move. Hopefully the budget would be signed this week.

Just because you sit comfortably somewhere having a regular paid job. Profit or loss, you will still be paid, you can't fathom how tough the economy is. I would have loved to use a word on you, but no need. Shiooo

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Ijaya123: 8:51am On May 02, 2016
TPAND:

Just because you sit comfortably somewhere having a regular paid job. Profit or loss, you will still be paid, you can't fathom how tough the economy is. I would have loved to use a word on you, but no need. Shiooo

Please speak for yourself alone. Stop generalising and don't say what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by sebali: 8:56am On May 02, 2016
I can't just wait for the budget to get into operation

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by 989900: 8:56am On May 02, 2016
asha80:
any reasons why two of you feel lag Ibadan rd project cost should be reduced?

I am not saying it should be reduced or not, rather, 50b looks kinda outrageous (comparatively). OTOH, I've not seen the project details either, to draw any affirmative inference, hence the question mark.

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by sparrowkid: 9:26am On May 02, 2016
In actual fact, why is it that everything about this government have to be hyped? First, it was the ministerial list. So much energy and time were spent on that by both the legislative and executive arms including the expectant citizens. At the end of the day, we have the ministerial list and our problems that we felt would be over by having the ministers are still here with us.

Now, we have graduated to the budget phase. Since December 22 2015, it's been one story or the other. Our hopes have also been pinned on this budget again as if passing it alone is just what we need to reach el-dorado. The problem is who is responsible for this hyping? Is it the government or are we the impatient lot?

My argument really is that even though we have high hopes from this administration, we should all forget the hype. Our problems are humongous and can never be wished away by one single budget. That is the reality. We should not place absolute and unnecessary hope on this budget so that we won't be disappointed in the end and start blaming those who are working day and night to make sure we have a functioning nation. We should all remember that we are not dealing with angels, we are dealing with human beings like ourselves. Let us not expect perfection from them as that belongs to God alone.

And by the way, don't forget the distractions, they will always be there. First, the narrative was no economic policy. But right now, we are being told that the economic policy is archaic and opaque. The question is can a non-existent economic policy suddenly transmute to being archaic and opaque? Some people just wanna run their mouths. It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Jesusloveyou: 9:29am On May 02, 2016
asha80:
any reasons why two of you feel lag Ibadan rd project cost should be reduced?
are they building new road? just to rehabitate in this era of change, if it was before, we all know how they use 1billion naira to rehabitate 1killometer of road, but this time it should not be acceptable
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by asha80(m): 10:30am On May 02, 2016
989900:

I am not saying it should be reduced or not, rather, 50b looks kinda outrageous (comparatively). OTOH, I've not seen the project details either, to draw any affirmative inference, hence the question mark.
989900:

what I know is that I had read a report that says to build a standard km of rd in the country on the average is 250m per km..now if we are to build this rd strictly according to this template we have to relate to the fact that this rd is a dual carriage way ( two times 250 for every km),the length of the road(. I dont have the lenght here) and in some parts of the ( the Lagos end ) is supposed to have eight lanes( 8 times 250 for the lenght agreed in the construction).
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by chinchum(m): 10:53am On May 02, 2016
asha80:
what I know is that I had read a report that says to build a standard km of rd in the country on the average is 250m per km..now if we are to build this rd strictly according to this template we have to relate to the fact that this rd is a dual carriage way ( two times 250 for every km),the length of the road(. I dont have the lenght here) and in some parts of the ( the Lagos end ) is supposed to have eight lanes( 8 times 250 for the lenght agreed in the construction).
The contract cost for the road is in the neighborhood of 130 billion naira, i am nt aware how much has been disbursed so far , since the GEJ admin. However, the minister of works has chosen not to disrupt contractual terms of projects from previous admin to avoid long drawn legal battles and dip in investors confidence. 50 billion naira seems to be less than 40% of total project cost, and not really outrageous.
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Charly68: 11:14am On May 02, 2016
Let us pray for speed in implementation & stop pessimistic proclamation.. Thank God that the NASS members have turned over a new leave. Let the president henceforth act smartly because this type of mistake must not repeat itself again because nobody will understand or listen to any executive excuse . It is the goodwill of the man that sustain the situation of things in the country,people are waiting for a great change indeed.
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by freeapostle: 11:20am On May 02, 2016
Much ado about nothing, as if 2016 budget will save Nigeria. Is to release funds for continuous legal looting. Nothing good will come out of this fraudulent structure and system else there is total overhaul.
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by omogin(f): 11:22am On May 02, 2016
juman:
The budget implementation would be between twenty percent and thirty percent implementation.

Cannot be more than that.
Expert comment
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Larryton(m): 11:23am On May 02, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=45234282]Nigerians are in for a great shocker but one thing I am happy about is that by the end of this government tenure,Nigerians will realize that the present system of democracy we are practicing can never produce a credible honest leader or crop of leaders. Another political party will emerge that will campaign on the promise of nation restructuring . The bitter truth is the present leadership in Nigeria today from governors ,senators to the president have nothing to offer Nigerians.
I know people like you will never see something good in the new administration, instead of u to hail them for doing the right thing that will benefit all. U kept on wallowing in bitterness of hatred for the present administration.

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by MrPresident1: 11:29am On May 02, 2016
Mr President, your 'clean' budget will be scrutinised here on this forum. You are not Jesus Christ, only Jesus Christ can stop corruption in Nigeria and in the world. No single man fights corruption, abi are you hercules? Who intends to balance the whole world on his head?

Individuals do not fight corruption, institutions, systems, processes, and procedures are the way to ensure a corruption intolerant structure. You have an agenda sir, and it will soon be apparent to everyone.

Meanwhile, when are these Chinese people going to declare their gold backed yuan? Time is of essence na angry
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by otosa(m): 11:35am On May 02, 2016
my prayer now is that baba should for God sake do the meaningful thing because people in my area that witnessed my effort during the campaign period have stated tagged me of Mr. Change Scammer ( MCS).
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by onatisi(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2016
[quote author=Larryton post=45239703][/quote]

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Petjoel: 12:17pm On May 02, 2016
Do it ASAP
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by rudebouy: 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
modath:
All ye whose life long assignment is to bleat in pain like goats in advanced stages of labour and tethered to a trees, una pain go soon increase exponentially...

Cal-Lag rail line & 2nd NB not only made it back, the almighty NASS yall were banking on to put the Kunu Sipping D in "his place or even impeach him if need br" got served instead!!!!

P.S Now, Y'all will have to find another narrative to predicate the "Bubu HATES us" crap on , this ship has sailed & it's gonna berth in "The Promised Land".....

Nothing sweet me pass when Amaechi said the rail will pass through otuoke.. grin

Nma mbok why do u keep doing dis na?;(
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Satex(m): 12:43pm On May 02, 2016
@sparrowkid.
Once again, thanks for ur matured and intelligent response. The level of imbecility and unintelligence being displayed on the forum is shocking. Impatience is the main problem with Nigerians. People expect results over night. Little wonder, we are known for taking short cuts to achieve our aims. We need to be patient with this present administration. They are being so clinical and analytical with our problems with a view to fixing them. If they were following the pattern of other regimes, we wouldn't have been complaining. But there is every need to change the system. Let us be wise, by exercising little patience.

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by kolexy(m): 12:58pm On May 02, 2016
modath:

Seems tribal induced Myopia blocked your vision and you couldn't see this part.... Even if you were in a vegetative coma & weren't aware of of events leading up to this, commonsense would have impressed upon you that it was suicidal & untenable to ignore capital & progressive projects & have in it's place grinders, keke marwa, hair styling equipments etc..

One is only human by expecting occassional flash of lohic from your sort, but it's now apparent it's like spooning water into a raffia basket.. "Exercise in futility" SMH.. undecided

Lol....You wicked ooo
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 02, 2016
juman:
The budget implementation would be between twenty percent and thirty percent implementation.

Cannot be more than that.

It is written HATERZ gonna keep hating

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by asha80(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2016
chinchum:
The contract cost for the road is in the neighborhood of 130 billion naira, i am nt aware how much has been disbursed so far , since the GEJ admin. However, the minister of works has chosen not to disrupt contractual terms of projects from previous admin to avoid long drawn legal battles and dip in investors confidence. 50 billion naira seems to be less than 40% of total project cost, and not really outrageous.
I agree with you
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by ladycomfort(f): 4:01pm On May 02, 2016
Who is the person delaying this signing of budget. The wrath of God is already on the person cos the person is delaying youths from going for NYSC. Oloriburuku eda. angry angry
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by dragunov: 7:05am On May 03, 2016
MrPresident1:
Mr President, your 'clean' budget will be scrutinised here on this forum. You are not Jesus Christ, only Jesus Christ can stop corruption in Nigeria and in the world. No single man fights corruption, abi are you hercules? Who intends to balance the whole world on his head?

Individuals do not fight corruption, institutions, systems, processes, and procedures are the way to ensure a corruption intolerant structure. You have an agenda sir, and it will soon be apparent to everyone.

Meanwhile, when are these Chinese people going to declare their gold backed yuan? Time is of essence na angry
It seems you do not like Buhari and preferred GEJ. Why? A spiritual man like you must know something. A hidden fact. I wish to know why you insinuating that the old dude has an agenda .You seem to align with IPOB youths on this. A Yoruba guy like you. Why?
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by MrPresident1: 5:10pm On May 03, 2016
dragunov:
It seems you do not like Buhari and preferred GEJ. Why? A spiritual man like you must know something. A hidden fact. I wish to know why you insinuating that the old dude has an agenda .You seem to align with IPOB youths on this. A Yoruba guy like you. Why?

Bro, I do not even know how to approach your question because it has many ramifications.

I am in complete alignment with the Bible, and it is from that book that I draw my world view, so everything I say I try to align with God's word. I am not in alignment with IPOB, or Nnamdi Kanu, Buhari, etc., they are all smokescreens and deceptions, if it appears I align with anyone it is because I feel that that it is the Biblical path. Even GEJ sef, sometimes I dey look am, I dey suspect am, but so far it appears the guy is clean and had good intentions. I am only for Christ 100%.

https://www.nairaland.com/2132076/spiritual-implications-clamour-buhari-presidency

I made the above thread to show the implication of the clamour for Buhari, so far as issues have evolved in Nigeria, I think I was rightly guided.

Again, if you see anybody aligning with Obama in these very interesting times, you must watch and suspect that person very well. Why do you think America threw in everything to make sure Buhari was elected president? Chibok girls, refusal to sell arms to us, refusal to buy our oil, and then Obama personally loaning his campaign manager to APC?

Again, what is happening in Nigeria today is incongrous, it is abnormal. Yoruba have never aligned with Fulani, Igbos have always been the ones in alignment with the north, we have always been in opposition, right from 1960. Now Igbos have seen that alignment with the north is a scam, and Yorubas supposedly well educated and sophisticated have taken up the gauntlet of second fiddle and slavery? Something is fishy. Just look at how strenuous efforts are made on NL to keep Igbos and Yorubas in perpetual conflict, a thread comes up advocating southern unity, and from nowhere someone throws a stone of discord and the thread deteriorates into tribalism, you think this is being done by good faith-ed people? It is all an agenda. Yorubas and Igbos are only in perpetual competition in personal, social, cultural, economic, academic etc pursuits, in history, there has never been an occasion of ethnic clash between both of them, Yorubas and Igbos are Negros, brothers. Yoruba can trace their history through the Oduduwa folklore, the Igbo folklore is not so explicit which itself is evidence of Israelhood because Scripture says He will cause the remembrance of them (Israel) to cease among men, so not having a clearly defined origin is in itself a very important pointer to origin.

Deuteronomy 32:26
I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:

In conclusion, why was it so galling to some people that GEJ was president of Nigeria? Why the numerous hideous barefaced lies and falsehood? Why do some people have 'Born to rule' mentality?

Jeremiah 17:4
And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

He says He will cause us to serve our enemies in the land we do not even know, so you cannot come from nowhere and come and rule over the owners of the land wink

Food for thought:
Why did GEJ appeared or looked so clueless?

They answer is blowing in the wind, look at yourself, an Israelite, and see GEJ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Need To Panic – Rivers APC Campaign Organization Assures Supporters / Killings In Northern Nigeria Have Nothing To Do With Religion – ACF / Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.