Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo (24023 Views)

How Buhari, VP Silence Aided Killings, By Ortom / Tinubu: Osinbajo Was Hesitant When He was Chosen as Buhari’s Running Mate / How I Became Running Mate To Buhari — Osinbajo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:08am On May 02, 2016
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA—Three weeks to first anniversary of the present government, the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has revealed that how be became the running mate to President Mohammadu Buhari, saying his disposition to fight corruption in Nigeria was the motivating factor. Osinbajo spoke at a non-denominational conference organized by the Covenant Christian Centre in Abuja on Saturday. He recalled that he had co-founded a professional a group in 1995 that upheld integrity as a hallmark to fighting corruption and upholding good governance.

He also recalled that he was 24 years when his boss became the Military Head of State, stressing that providence brought them together. He said:   “Permit me to begin (the speech) with a story about myself. All my adult life, I have always believed that our country was performing far below its potentialities, in practically every aspect of life.

“In governance, corruption was always so outrageous that it made the majority poor and development almost impossible. Law and order was always a problem, usually no consequence for wrong-doing. ‘’Doing business and even our daily existence have always been difficult, no power, no fuel.

Getting anything done in government establishments, a nightmare of delay and extortion. “So as a conscious decision, I joined various pressure groups. From human rights groups to good governance advocacy groups. In 1995, I co- founded an organization called Integrity, an anti-corruption organization. I joined various think tanks and professional groups, including the Concerned Professionals.”

The Vice President then recalled a situation of harassment and intimidation his group suffered under the Abacha regime. “Under the Abacha regime we Concerned Professionals, one day gathered at Yaba Bus-stop and some were thoroughly beaten by Police and the Army.

From that day on, people disappeared and did not show up again. “I served as a two-term Attorney- General in Lagos State and pushed reforms in governance and the justice sector, I believed and continued to believe that the Nigerian people deserve better lives.”

“In December 2014, the unexpected happened; I was nominated as Vice Presidential candidate to then General Muhammadu Buhari.” He then recalled that   he was still young,   27years old when Buhari became head of State “after a corrupt and somewhat disappointing civilian regime.”

The Vice President said:   “As a young university lecturer, then I was impressed by his, President Buhari’s single-minded fight against corruption and indiscipline.

There was a serious war against indiscipline. For the first time, government held corrupt officers accountable. “30 years later, providence brought us together. A retired general now and a Professor of Law.” Osinbajo said the President and himself knew and agreed on what had to happen to bring change to the nation.

“We both believed that our country needed to change. We argued about how and what needed to be done. We reached consensus on many of the major issues.

‘’Certainly our country need a different set of values; a new way of doing business; an economy that is able to give opportunity to young people to work in their chosen professions and to build strong and profitable businesses.  

We knew that we had to provide social protection for the poorest and the most vulnerable. “We recognised that innovation and change will be key, and that we must implement and not just talk about diversification of our economy. 

So we led our party’s campaign on that single, simple, but profound word, CHANGE! “Nearly a year on- there are many problems and many have asked where is the change? Is this the change we voted for? Even some fifth columnists in our midst have suggested bring back corruption! “But let me just say here for the records that the government of Muhammadu Buhari is completely and irrevocably committed to change.

“We believe that though it may not be easy, though the early signs may be confusing and sometimes discouraging, there has never been a better opportunity than now to turn the country in the direction of success. “ Today we have the best opportunity in decades for profound change. It is an opportunity in a generation.

A revolution whose time has come! Everything around us tells us that the moment is now! Can this change happen, yes indeed, it can! ‘’What do you have in your hands to make it happen? We have a country that is tired of corruption, tired of leadership without values, tired of an economy that is neither designed to accommodate enterprise, nor to create opportunity and wealth for the majority.

“But we have a leadership and we have a leader that is prepared to challenge the rotten status quo, one who has said that he is prepared to kill corruption rather than let it kill us,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/became-running-mate-buhari-osinbajo/

9 Likes

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by Ahmed0336(m): 7:09am On May 02, 2016
Okay
Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by SeverusSnape(m): 7:10am On May 02, 2016
Lying pastor. You became Buhari's running mate after Tinubu failed in his bid for a muslim/muslim ticket, So he installed you as his puppet/stooge.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1951905_20141217212639_jpeg845c2952f1b2cdfbc0ccf4ec9f44b90a

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by EgusiSoup: 7:12am On May 02, 2016
Please who knows the whereabouts of the dullard? undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by rottennaija(m): 7:13am On May 02, 2016
Good work does not go unrewarded

6 Likes

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by ajepako(f): 7:13am On May 02, 2016
And how has that reduced the cost of garri, rice, tomatoes and other foodstuffs?

Not forgetting the permanent fuel scarcity that has become Nigeria 's trademark?

Among several economic hardship the masses are generally subjected to..

Oga abeg park well jare...

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by SeverusSnape(m): 7:16am On May 02, 2016
EgusiSoup:
He's somewhere in the bush giving instructions to his marauding herdsmen.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by searchng4love: 7:17am On May 02, 2016
We don't want stories. Just tell us If the change is you getting voted! We want action action action and action...

Cc obesere NANS Zone D.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by aare07(m): 7:17am On May 02, 2016
Everyone has a story to tell; despite that, meaningful and reasonable should be said. Not that I walked from Lagos to Abuja, not that I didn't have food to eat because of no fuel. We don't need history. Rather we should shape our history by doing the necessary and compulsory things to make the life of every Nigerian better so that we would not be forgotten.
God bless my Country, make my aspiration a reality and answer my prayers.
#istandwithjustice

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by tinkinjow: 7:18am On May 02, 2016
How you became the VP: TINUBU appointed you. Y? Because you are his best specimen for remote control.
Forget ur integrity.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by Taeewo(m): 7:19am On May 02, 2016
Jagaban ni

5 Likes

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by TPAND(f): 7:20am On May 02, 2016
Politics has exposed the kind of pastor Osinbajo is. They type that tells the choir mistress to see him in his office after service for a special ministration. undecided

His way are not pure. He is so wavering with his words. He has comprised his faith and the responsibility of being a man of God. He should please drop and not denigrate the sacred position of being a Pastor

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by klassykute(m): 7:22am On May 02, 2016
so u decided to run wit a dul*ard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by klassykute(m): 7:23am On May 02, 2016
EgusiSoup:
ahahahaha ... Dillard.... nice title

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:24am On May 02, 2016
Amazing unlike Sambo

4 Likes

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:40am On May 02, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing unlike Sambo
Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by chidiebere2020(m): 7:45am On May 02, 2016
Tinubu

6 Likes

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by Ijaya123: 7:48am On May 02, 2016
EgusiSoup:

Look inside the mirror.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:50am On May 02, 2016
Some few good men.

5 Likes

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by azyaq(m): 7:54am On May 02, 2016
ajepako:
And how has that reduced the cost of garri, rice, tomatoes and other foodstuffs?

Not forgetting the permanent fuel scarcity that has become Nigeria 's trademark?

Among several economic hardship the masses are generally subjected to..

Oga abeg park well jare...
Gbam!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by otukpo(f): 7:56am On May 02, 2016
Osinbajo, keep your mouth. You are just talking talking. I personally do not care about this your story. All i want is dividends of democracy and good governance.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by BeardedMeat(m): 8:00am On May 02, 2016
grin I stopped reading where he said in 1995, he co-founded an anti-corruption group!

Pray Mr Mere Commissioner, where were you and your group when Tinubu raped Lagos to become the richest Landlord in Sub-Saharan region?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by HzRF(m): 8:18am On May 02, 2016
Mcheww the only thing is good at his delivering prepared speeches 💬

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by tommykiwi(m): 8:56am On May 02, 2016
U became the vice president courtesy of Tinubu we all know DAT, no need to tell us again.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by fasho01(m): 8:56am On May 02, 2016
Story for the gods

Every speech you make Mr VP, it's always stories and promises. We all know the true reason you became the running mate, so please spare us all these and do what you were chosen to do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by DesChyko: 8:59am On May 02, 2016
Rice and Stew

1 Like

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by Precious91(m): 9:00am On May 02, 2016
issokay.What I see with change is if you are changin your something you are used to in a year,it will definitely be difficult.Nigerians are going through that now.

2 Likes

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by gunther6(m): 9:01am On May 02, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

‘’Doing business and even our daily existence have always been difficult, no power, no fuel.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/became-running-mate-buhari-osinbajo/

That was where I became weak, I guess there is fuel now

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by chesterlee(m): 9:03am On May 02, 2016
The biggest thief in Africa...Tinubu appointed you!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:03am On May 02, 2016
gh
Re: How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo by santity100: 9:03am On May 02, 2016
VP, people need changes that will directly impact on their lives ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants / Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers / Ethiopian Airlines Breaks Silence On Controversial Nigeria Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.