Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Gender Equality In Africa- The Misconception And Benefits! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gender Equality In Africa- The Misconception And Benefits! (537 Views)

Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits / California Becomes First US State To Legally Recognize A Third Gender / South Africa, The Land Of Rapists, Pedophiles And Savages - Child Sexual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender Equality In Africa- The Misconception And Benefits! by Nobody: 9:10am On May 02, 2016
Kampala — The US Ambassador to Uganda has called for the creation of partnerships between women and men to achieve gender equality.

Speaking at a luncheon to discuss women in leadership under the theme: "Overcoming invisible barriers to women's leadership," Ms Deborah Malac said governments should devise ways of including women in decision making to highlight issues that affect them and enable them access the same opportunities as men.

"I have noticed here in Uganda (and most African countries like Nigeria) that men sometimes complain that if women's economic and social situations improve, they will suffer. Let me be clear; gender equality does not mean making one gender better than another or putting women ahead of men. It means creating partnerships between women and men to help move countries forward," she stressed.

She called for a combined effort to spearhead the responsibility to make the necessary changes as a way of reversing trends of inequality.

The luncheon organised by the US Mission Uganda and the Ugandan Women's Network (UWONET) brought together women leaders across a wide spectrum, including the private sector, education and local communities.

Ms Ritah Aciro, the UWONETexecutive director, called for togetherness of all women to achieve equality.

"There are invisible barriers that impede women's leadership and I am not talking about political leadership only but leadership in all spaces. Among them is division which needs to be fought seriously. We need to stop fighting against each other and learn to work together," Ms Aciro said.

Dr Sylvia Tamale, a professor of Law at Makerere University and the first female dean at the School of Law, agreed that women equality is not about one strong woman but rather a consultative effort of women to achieve a common goal.

PS: The bolded above is to educate the ignorant and not to exchange words with chronic misogynists and anti-feminists!
Re: Gender Equality In Africa- The Misconception And Benefits! by Adebola02(m): 9:28am On May 02, 2016
Gender equality is a mirage, it can never be attained in Africa,believing in gender equality in africa is like chasing your own shadow.I respect women and i like to hear there contributions,but when it comes to women clamouring for gender equality and feminism in africa,i know they are already living in the nightmare of their equality dream.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gender Equality In Africa- The Misconception And Benefits! by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 02, 2016
Adebola02:

Gender equality is a mirage, it can never be attained in Africa,believing in gender equality in africa is like chasing your own shadow.I respect women and i like to hear there contributions,but when it comes to women clamouring for gender equality and feminism in africa,i know they are already living in the nightmare of their equality dream.

Hold your peace my good friend. Gender equality is one of Amerika's plot to destabilize the society and accelerate the manifestation of her chaotic New World Order.

We should rather focus on the silent ongoing battle between the good & evil which is about culminating into ww3 and by the time Amerika falls into the abyss, so shall all her evil fruits e.g homosexualism, gender equality e.t.c

You can read more about how the CIA is using Gloria Steinem & her feminist mantra to further her chaotic agenda below.

www.rense.com/general21/hw.htm

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gender Equality In Africa- The Misconception And Benefits! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:15pm On May 02, 2016
Zoharariel:

Hold your peace my good friend. Gender equality is one of Amerika's plot to destabilize the society and accelerate the manifestation of her chaotic New World Order.

We should rather focus on the silent ongoing battle between the good & evil which is about culminating into ww3 and by the time Amerika falls into the abyss, so shall all her evil fruits e.g homosexualism, gender equality e.t.c

You can read more about how the CIA is using Gloria Steinem & her feminist mantra to further her chaotic agenda below.

www.rense.com/general21/hw.htm
Do you even read what you type at times?

The United States is a global model and an idol of human freedom and equality and she will continue to pursue this throughout the globe.

It baffles me when supposedly educated humans like yourself are against extending the same rights to the opposite gender.The education you supposedly have must have given you views from medieval times.

FYI,it's 'homosexuality' and not 'homosexualism'.The United States did not create that either,it has always been with humans,am sure records can show how much of a struggle it was for the United States to come to terms with equality against dozens others who have embraced sexual and marriage equality decades before her.

As an african I'd expect you to understand what it means to be denied your rights,colonial days are a reminder to you.Until people like yourself begin to respect the rights of all human and embrace equality to your fellows in every sphere of life.That mentality borne in you and many others is an obstruction to development in your society and one of the main reasons for backwardness.

2 Likes

Re: Gender Equality In Africa- The Misconception And Benefits! by Nobody: 12:30am On May 03, 2016
ValerianSteel:

The United States is a global model and an idol of human freedom and equality and she will continue to pursue this throughout the globe.

Thanks for the correction - No 1 is above mistake.

Ofcourse, Amerika did not create homosexuality, she is only trying to shove it down our throat in exchange for her greek gifts.

Gender equality is 1 of the major reasons divorce rate in America sky-rocketed to 50% - and we do not want that in Africa.

We have never heard of human-animal marriages from our ancestors until Amerika started showing it on CNN.

Amerika can suspend & cut foreign aid to African Countries with anti-gay laws all she likes but we will never succumb to her evil manipulations.

Amerika maybe a global model & an idol of human freedom & equality to you but we will rather emulate Russia's culture of integrity than be poisoned with Amerika's evil values.

A global model that imposes democracy all over the globe, yet has overthrown many popular elected governments, simply because they wouldn't give her access to their natural resources.

A global model that preaches against religious extremism, yet supports religious nut-jobs like Saudi Arabia and Israel including the liver-eating terrorists in Syria.

A global model that derides African Countries for poor human right standards, yet has arguably committed the gravest cases of human rights atrocities since the UN's inception.

My vacuous jewish friend - If your definition of freedom & equality is based on Amerika's hypocrisy & violation of our traditional culture & values, then we will gladly remain in slavery.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gender Equality In Africa- The Misconception And Benefits! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:25am On May 03, 2016
Zoharariel:

Thanks for the correction - No 1 is above mistake.

Ofcourse, Amerika did not create homosexuality, she is only trying to shove it down our throat in exchange for her greek gifts.

Gender equality is 1 of the major reasons divorce rate in America sky-rocketed to 50% - and we do not want that in Africa.

We have never heard of human-animal marriages from our ancestors until Amerika started showing it on CNN.

Amerika can suspend & cut foreign aid to African Countries with anti-gay laws all she likes but we will never succumb to her evil manipulations.

Amerika maybe a global model & an idol of human freedom & equality to you but we will rather emulate Russia's culture of integrity than be poisoned with Amerika's evil values.

A global model that imposes democracy all over the globe, yet has overthrown many popular elected governments, simply because they wouldn't give her access to their natural resources.

A global model that preaches against religious extremism, yet supports religious nut-jobs like Saudi Arabia and Israel including the liver-eating terrorists in Syria.

A global model that derides African Countries for poor human right standards, yet has arguably committed the gravest cases of human rights atrocities since the UN's inception.

My vacuous jewish friend - If your definition of freedom & equality is based on Amerika's hypocrisy & violation of our traditional culture & values, then we will gladly remain in slavery.
Mental Slavery is truly the worst kind of slavery ever.I don't blame you for your preconceived notions,I blame the failed system that nurtured such views in your society.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Putin Is Saying What Trump Is Saying About The U.S. Media / As India Celebrates Her 79th Independence Day / Two Cops Booked In Mumbai After Woman Hangs Self Over 'false' Dowry Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.