Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,357 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World (26533 Views)

List Of The Most Religious Countries In The World; Checkout Nigeria's Position / Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest’? / Religion And Poverty In Africa. Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by prelinctus: 12:39pm On May 02, 2016
Where is Saudi Arabia? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by loadedvibes: 12:39pm On May 02, 2016
fggh
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by tolexy007(m): 12:39pm On May 02, 2016
b
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Kennedyiheme: 12:39pm On May 02, 2016
Most african countries are useless, with all the prayer we pray in nigeria, we are one of the worst countries....american that has all kind of atrocities is among top 3 best countries..... Good morals won't do no good, great brains would....foolsih nigeria youths spending their lifetime in church and mosque while some american youths just discovered. Gravitational waves, if mark zukerberg spent 24hours in church he won't be one of the richest men in the world....africans let be wise, religion has killed more people than it has saved....the whites brought it here to kill us

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by ddugeri(m): 12:41pm On May 02, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
oremus-sanctus
I sight my catholic broda
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
ricky8996:
Were s North Korea
Not on the list
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
Funny enough the UK that brought Christianity to us is down the list below at 21%! Ironically, they live better human lives than the whole of Africa combined! sad sad sad

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Menace2Society(m): 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
The list is crap! Tanzania above Nigeria that's a big fat lie undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by stevebond007(m): 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
No wonder some of them are poor, cos dey expect God to come fix, something they can use their brains to fix,

Do you expect God to lay your bed? Why do you have hands?

People in Nigeria are ONLY religious because of heaven entry.

So selfish and self centered people...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by wiggle: 12:44pm On May 02, 2016
Were is that little country called Vatican? huh!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by LEXYCOM: 12:44pm On May 02, 2016
Nigeria should be number 1......i simply asked a lady if she was the last on atm queue, she responded by saying " I reject it in Jesus name, I will be the first and not the last

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Revolva(m): 12:44pm On May 02, 2016
They can acquire large acres of land to build churches n mosque but cant build aa world class. Research centre

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by ooshinibos: 12:46pm On May 02, 2016
i have noticed the most religious ones that are the least developed ...that means you cannot replace common sense with spirituality .you have your part to do and God has his part to do , actually GOD as already done his part , he is waiting for the religious to act what they preach .

We have left everything for God to do for us and here we are , nothing to show .....wake up guys

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 02, 2016
And wow!
Look what good that has done for us.
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 02, 2016
LEXYCOM:
Nigeria should be number 1......i simply asked a lady if she was the last on atm queue, she responded by saying " I reject it in Jesus name, I will be the first and not the last

Hahaha smiley. Na wah!
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Longevo(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2016
Africans and religion hmm...!
7 out of 10 are African countries, yet, we are the most corrupt and backward continent. May God help us.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by bakynes(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2016
wiggle:
Were is that little country called Vatican? huh!
There is no country called Vatican, its vatican city in Rome, Italy where the Pope controls.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by bigass123(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2016
The real question is...

[size=18pt]who religion Don epp[/size] apart from the thieves using it as a tool to maneuver the gullible.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by yasolan(m): 12:52pm On May 02, 2016
The position of the so called Israel
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by guru03(m): 12:52pm On May 02, 2016
Very unfortunate, we end up becoming religiously irreligious, religion has brought division than unity, hatred than love, we still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 02, 2016
Adebola02:
Truth be told nigerians are very religious but few are Godly.
I agree, those are two different things.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by traware(m): 12:55pm On May 02, 2016
ooshinibos:
i have noticed the most religious ones that are the least developed ...that means you cannot replace common sense with spirituality .you have your part to do and God has his part to do , actually GOD as already done his part , he is waiting for the religious to act what they preach .

We have left everything for God to do for us and here we are , nothing to show .....wake up guys

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 02, 2016
All the 10 most religious countries are economically backward, or is there something am not seeing?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by sinola(m): 12:57pm On May 02, 2016
olillywales:
World Most Religious Countries: Nigeria Listed

The statistics was released by the Pew Research Center data and shared by the World Economic Forum and it shows that Nigeria is the 9th country in the world with strong religious views. It measures how important people in a nationality takes their religion to be.

Here is a list of top 10:

1. Ethiopia

2. Senegal

3. Indonesia

4. Uganda

5. Pakistan

6. Burkina Faso

7. Tanzania

8. Ghana

9. Nigeria

10. Philippines

[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/religious-png.79499/[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/nigeria-among-top-10-world-most.html

Did u guys observe what i observed,The Countries that are more religious on the chart table practise less human right and are the least developed and if i must add,the ones that are less religious are more God fearing and good hearted.
Think about it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by icelord(m): 12:58pm On May 02, 2016
And wat do dey all have in common?? They are all third world countries..... Religion has locked up d rational mind of dia citizens...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by robinsoncrosoe: 12:58pm On May 02, 2016
We are more religious than pipo who come from jesus and mohammed's place.SMH

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:59pm On May 02, 2016
ramdris:
**facing the panel of judges** " I think with this statistic, u can now see that putting religious belief ahead of common sense and logical reasoning is synonymous with underdevelopment ".

BTW:. Being religious is good but abandoning logical reason is worst hence all the Developed countries even those who brought d so called religion are missing from th list.

Here in Africa, a child will ask d parent how water got into coconut and the response will be "shut up! Don't qstn d work of God" while in developed countries, the parent will either tell him why or refer to those that can explain why...Mtcheeeew for Africans..

Check again, USA is religious and China isn't
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by Enyimbamercedes: 12:59pm On May 02, 2016
The countries at the bottom of the list are in the G7..or most of them. We have shirked our responsibilities and left it all to God. You'll see people leave work to go to Church in the middle of the week during working hours. As long as we continue thinking that the answers to our problems lies in praying, we will remain an under-developed country.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by HighQue007: 1:00pm On May 02, 2016
all these countries have one thing in common and that is poverty and bad governance.

something is wrong somewhere..I guess religion is not good for us.

check in an ascending order n u know what I m talking about

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by ooshinibos: 1:01pm On May 02, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
Most african countries are useless, with all the prayer we pray in nigeria, we are one of the worst countries....american that has all kind of atrocities is among top 3 best countries..... Good morals won't do no good, great brains would....foolsih nigeria youths spending their lifetime in church and mosque while some american youths just discovered. Gravitational waves, if mark zukerberg spent 24hours in church he won't be one of the richest men in the world....africans let be wise, religion has killed more people than it has saved....the whites brought it here to kill us

I think we Africans are using prayers for the wrong reasons and hence the little or no result in our country , you will never see a white man praying for God to help him provide electricity , built roads etc , God has already provided these raw materials in abundance and he expects to work on these raw material NOT pray over and that's why he give us a brain , prayer is not a replacement for laziness ( prayer is meant or was designed to fellowship with the creator and get wisdom to apply to life )..and most Africans are blatantly wicked and lack love for their fellow black man ...for example , how can a country producing oil still experience fuel scarcity after 50 plus years of independence , this is not a prayer issue ,it is sheer wickedness ( and cannot blame the white this time around ), it is a common sense issue that we can resolved in a couple of days if we are serious but we will rather pray over it and laze around the street looking for a miracle ..life is not processedlike this

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by sixpacks: 1:02pm On May 02, 2016
Religion is a cultural system of behaviors and practices, world views, sacred texts, holy places, ethics, and societal organisation that relate humanity to what an anthropologist has called "an order of existence"... with the position china and India is found, i would wonder the actual definition of religion. cos i work hard to keep my rap intact
Re: Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World by ooshinibos: 1:05pm On May 02, 2016
[quote author=traware post=45242515][/quote]

good point ...where have we got it wrong as a country ?? ..I think we have mixed hard work with Spirituality ..
''God go do am mentality'' and we don't want to take responsibility

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liberian Pastor Polishes His Wife's Nails (Photos) / Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.