Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers (21137 Views)

Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Ukalejohn(m): 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Good day guy... Please I'd be going to Cotonou for school but I don't have any idea how to get accommodation there or how much it would cost ,please I need help. The name of the school is ISFOP for proper help... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2018
Ukalejohn:
Good day guy... Please I'd be going to Cotonou for school but I don't have any idea how to get accommodation there or how much it would cost ,please I need help. The name of the school is ISFOP for proper help... Thanks
The school admin can help you get that sorted.
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by tabithababy(f): 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
elderken:
I spent almost 3 months in Benin Republic, all through out my stay there, I was coming to the border for most of my financial transactions. I always see the stress and pain most first time travelers with passport(Virgin) or even those with other countries visas on their passport. They're asked to pay outrages amount of cash. I happen to meet a young Nigerian girl looking frustrated, because she was tired of paying money for no just reason.
From mile 2.take a bus going to Seme border.
1. When you get to the border, be ready to pay #2000 for Yellow Card, if you don't have one.
2. For a Virgin passport you'll be charged #1000 - 2000 @ the Nigeria Immigration Desk
3.At the Benin Rep side you'll also pay #1000
After that be ready to pay BTW #100- #200 at each of their little blockades.
For me, as long as I have paid for entering the country to their immigration, No Idi*t dare ask me of any money again. All depends on your strong will
* please be very careful @ the border, because they're thieves and robbers roaming and looking for easy pry. Cheers

kiss
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Taal17: 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
elderken:

The school admin can help you get that sorted.
Hello,

Im looking at visiting Songhai Centre in Cotonou.
I wanted to take ABC but they won't confirm to me how long it would take and i have heard it can take 8hours plus with long buses and they are quite expensive at about 16k
I heard I can get a car at mile 2 but that I'll be taxed badly.
What do you suggest for a 1st timer like me, I have passport and yellow card.
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
From mile 2 get a bus going to badagry round about or sème, walk through immigration and get stamped. Mind you if it's your first trip be prepared to pay wella. They might charge you 2k to stamp your fresh passport @ the Nigerian side , yellow card 2k , at the Béninoise side 2k this isn't fixed though, depends on your negotiation skill. Cheer. Have a nice trip
NB: the prices might differ. This is what is obtainable as at last month I went through, saw how some first timers were treated

Taal17:

Hello,

Im looking at visiting Songhai Centre in Cotonou.
I wanted to take ABC but they won't confirm to me how long it would take and i have heard it can take 8hours plus with long buses and they are quite expensive at about 16k
I heard I can get a car at mile 2 but that I'll be taxed badly.
What do you suggest for a 1st timer like me, I have passport and yellow card.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 25, 2018
elderken:

From mile 2 get a bus going to badagry round about or sème, walk through immigration and get stamped. Mind you if it's your first trip be prepared to pay wella. They might charge you 2k to stamp your fresh passport @ the Nigerian side , yellow card 2k , at the Béninoise side 2k this isn't fixed though, depends on your negotiation skill. Cheer. Have a nice trip
NB: the prices might differ. This is what is obtainable as at last month I went through, saw how some first timers were treated

Hello elderken. I want to do a 1 week vacation in Cotonou but I can't speak French.

Please can you recommend a trustworthy English language speaking guide to take me round Cotonou during my stay?
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2018
ikhileomotayo:

Hello elderken. I want to do a 1 week vacation in Cotonou but I can't speak French.

Please can you recommend a trustworthy English language speaking guide to take me round Cotonou during my stay?

Sorry for late response, been quite busy.
As for the guide, I will suggest you ask your host or hotel. Presently am not inside Cotonou now.
Or you can make use of one of our guides here in Lagos to accompany you. Drop your WhatsApp digit
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Taal17: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2018
elderken:

Thanks!!
How much is the typical bus ride then? Do passengers pay anything along the way before getting to Seme?
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2018
Taal17:

Thanks!!
How much is the typical bus ride then? Do passengers pay anything along the way before getting to Seme?

Off course now.
From mile2 to sème should be 350-500 direct bus
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by streamsy(f): 10:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
You can contact Amicable Mondiale, they organise training for Nigerian at Songhai. You can reach them on 07089164143

[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 28, 2018
12345abcde:
Thanks. Thanks, this goes a long way.

Do you know any bank in Cotonou that can pay USD?

so you want carry your forex round tripping to cotonou right?else why would you want to use usd in a well going cfa economy?
Chairmo wants to go to cotonou and buy dollars to come and sell in Nigeria grin
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Sportwin(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2019
anyone schooling in cotonou?
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Sportwin:
anyone schooling in cotonou?
What do you want to know
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Sportwin(m): 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
elderken:

What do you want to know

accredited uni, that i will be able to do nysc once am done?

tution fee?

comp engineering ..heard its 3 yrs - FOR ME
PHARMACY -FOR MY SIS
then hows schooling/ university life over there in cotonou

can i transfer from naija uni to a uni over there ? elect elect entering 200l nw
how will the conversion be done?
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2019
Sportwin:

tution fee?

comp engineering ..heard its 3 yrs

Can't answer all your questions now. Pm me will respond when am less busy.
I can hook you up with a good and affordable school in Porto-Novo . Your choice though
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Sportwin(m): 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
elderken:

I can hook you up with a good and affordable school in Porto-Novo . Your choice though

modified the previous post
pls do check

pm'ed as well
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Sportwin(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
elderken:

hello sir
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2019
Sportwin:

hello sir
Yeah
Apart from accommodation, cost of living to me is low, or should I say affordable.
Admission is a straight forward process. Get to the school or it's accredited agents, once you're admitted, every other process isn't and shouldn't be difficult.
As regards university life, it's fun for some and a wonderful experience for others, while very boring for some other people too. It all depends on your perspective.
School fees ranges from 200k- 350k at least you should have that as budget. Although they're some schools that are relatively cheaper 150-200k.
As regards NYSC, I know some student from isfop, espam, le cosono, and some others who are serving and some who just finished serving.
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Sportwin(m): 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
elderken:

Yeah
Apart from accommodation, cost of living to me is low, or should I say affordable.
Admission is a straight forward process. Get to the school or it's accredited agents, once you're admitted, every other process isn't and shouldn't be difficult.

the skul u had in mind ?

how much does accomodation cost?
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Sportwin(m): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2019
Sportwin:

tution fee?

comp engineering ..heard its 3 yrs - FOR ME
PHARMACY -FOR MY SIS

can i transfer from naija uni to a uni over there ? elect elect entering 200l nw
how will the conversion be done?

elderken
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2019
Sportwin:

the skul u had in mind ?

how much does accomodation cost?
I will send you a mail. With link to the school.
I've seen your pm.
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Sportwin(m): 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2019
elderken:

I will send you a mail. With link to the school.
I've seen your pm.

ok sir
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 9:17am On Jan 07, 2019
Sportwin:

elderken

Here is the link to the school at Porto novo
oceanvilleuniversity.com

Kindly note that am note in anyway affiliated to the school, neither am I a representative, agent or otherwise.

Kindly pay a visit and ask all questions you might have.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Sportwin(m): 9:40am On Jan 07, 2019
elderken:

oceanvilleuniversity.com

Kindly note that am note in anyway affiliated to the school, neither am I a representative, agent or otherwise.

Thanks

chai their own courses is 4 yrs sef instead of d usual cotonou 3yrs
no engr/ pharmacy as well
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
Sportwin:

chai their own courses is 4 yrs sef instead of d usual cotonou 3yrs
no engr/ pharmacy as well
Isfop, and the rest, I would advice you to come down to Cotonou and make satisfying enquirers. It shouldn't be a big deal
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Arethairven(f): 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hi everyone, I kind of need assistance please. I want to go into okrika business and I’d like to know how to go about it, I would prefer going to Cotonou to buy the clothes there because I heard it’s cheaper. Can anyone put me through please? Thanks, I’d appreciate a reply.
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Stolidp(f): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
Please I want to go there for vacation
Suggest an affordable hotel ?
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 7:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
Arethairven:
Hi everyone, I kind of need assistance please. I want to go into okrika business and I’d like to know how to go about it, I would prefer going to Cotonou to buy the clothes there because I heard it’s cheaper. Can anyone put me through please? Thanks, I’d appreciate a reply.
You're goods might be ceased by customs I you're not experience on that road.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by elderken(m): 7:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
Stolidp:
Please I want to go there for vacation
Suggest an affordable hotel ?

When you get to Cotonou, it shouldn't be difficult. Ask bike men
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by Arethairven(f): 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
elderken:

You're goods might be ceased by customs I you're not experience on that road.

Oh wow. Thanks then.
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by prince4pro2: 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Woo nice one. Think I will think of going to cotonu
Re: Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers by nduxyz(m): 10:51am On Sep 26, 2019
Greetings Sir. I am thinking of vacationing in Cotonou this year with my spouse. A low budget arrangement. Can you give me tips on where to stay and places to visit?
elderken:

oceanvilleuniversity.com

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy / 51-year-old Taraba Bridge Collapses / Lagos-Ibadan Road’ll Be Completed In 2021 – Julius Berger

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.