Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,738 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

We Are Lagos - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Lagos (706 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Lagos by Dripy(m): 11:14am On May 02, 2016
I wrote this poem in 2013.

WE ARE LAGOS

We are Lagos
We jump molue
Quarrel with drivers
Queue for BRT
Fight with conductors
Abuse the government
Curse shylock landlords
Witness accidents daily
Contend with fare hikes
Sleep in the bus
Meet traffic jam daily
Give alms to beggars
Facebook, ping and tweet
Cheat our neighbours
Gossip in the office
Attend owambe parties
Buy food in nylons
Take 'agbo jedi' for all ailments
Prefer 'akube' to boutiques
Go to mosque on Fridays
Worship in church on Sundays
Believe in God and man.
We are Lagos
Eko oni baje.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Lagos by amicable09(f): 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
Hi Dripy,

Nice poem. You described Lagos just the way it is. Well done.

I doubt that I'll ever be able to respond to your email after several failed attempts. Please feel free to give me a mention and trust that I'll respond in the shortest possible time.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: We Are Lagos by Dripy(m): 9:57am On Sep 13, 2018
amicable09:
Hi Dripy,

Nice poem. You described Lagos just the way it is. Well done.

I doubt that I'll ever be able to respond your email after several failed attempts. Please feel free to give me a mention and trust that I'll respond in the shortest possible time.

Cheers!
Cheers to you and best wishes, trust you are good and doing great. Thanks for reading my poem but alas, I have stopped writing poems for now as most Nigerians do not appreciate literary work of that genre.
Re: We Are Lagos by amicable09(f): 7:20am On Sep 14, 2018
Dripy:

Cheers to you and best wishes, trust you are good and doing great. Thanks for reading my poem but alas, I have stopped writing poems for now as most Nigerians do not appreciate literary work of that genre.
Oh! Not good at all.
You may not have your readership in Nigeria but outside here so don't give up and the truth is, the more you practice/write, the better you become and anyday New York Times imprint on your book cover, "Best seller", everyone will desire to buy a copy either to read or just for keeps.

Poetry is not a genre I am fascinated about but when I see good poetry, I'm astonished and of course, I give credit to the poet. Keep doing you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My First Pregnancy / Our Son Has Gone Mad By Tobechi74 / Contact Me For Your Writing Projects Or Article Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.