Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? (922 Views)

Thank God... At Least There Will Be "Meaningful" News On Fp Again (photos) / No Celebrity Boobs On Fp Today / I Want My Post On Fp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by XketchDesigns(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2016
i mean its just plain annoying, is it a new strategy seun adopted to generate traffic or is it a new mod with their own way?
either way its just a stupid thing to do.

clickbaits might work on kids but to the serious minded its just irritating. its simple, just shows how much of a dump this site has become of recent. if you have meaningful and interesting topics, trust me you dont need to clickbait.

the quality of nairaland has just been on a constant decline in the recent years. no wonder you dont get to see the original members of this forum any more.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by MUVA(m): 1:06pm On May 02, 2016
I'm not quite clear on the meaning of "clickbaits" @OP. Mind explaining?

1 Like

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by XketchDesigns(m): 1:29pm On May 02, 2016
MUVA:
I'm not quite clear on the meaning of "clickbaits" @OP. Mind explaining?

topics structured in a way to make you click them even when the content is not totally correlating with the topic title on FP

2 Likes

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by MUVA(m): 1:33pm On May 02, 2016
XketchDesigns:

topics structured in a way to make you click them even when the content is not totally correlating with the topic title on FP

Oh! "A man slept with his wife; and this happened.." gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by Seun(m): 1:40pm On May 02, 2016
Can you list some of the click bait topics in question please? Thanks.
Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by unapapadeycraze: 1:52pm On May 02, 2016
Seun, dats true. Your mods should stop compelling us to click a thread.

"a man slapped his wife and this happened" what's dat? Why not tell us what happened? Mods are the ones changing the topic on front page. The actual thread reads "a man slapped his wife and she packed out of the house". Moderators, review your modus operandi.

3 Likes

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by buharisbae(f): 2:30pm On May 02, 2016
I totally agree seun! I check Alexis ranking this month Linda ikeji is just 20000 visitor away from you
ure loosing member bcuz of the kinda click bait ure mods re putting up and also #bringbackournairaland

and yea tell lala to stop that snake ishhh jor its getting boring embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by Nicolars(m): 4:50pm On May 02, 2016
Yea click baits are vexing seriously
Whenever I see something like "she slept with her husband's father and he did this" on fb, it freaks me out

I've now noticed this on NL
It might be bringing traffic but that's too childish for this forum

Seun pls stop this, tell ur mods

And to lalasticlala.. I still like ur snake threads jor, no mind dem
grincheesy
Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 02, 2016
The trend is reflective of the majority of nairaland users whose ages fall below 22years. Most businesses cater to their major consumers thus we see it manifest here. I don't like the trend also but decided to drop my opinion on the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 02, 2016
In my opinion click baits can be used but not on less serious topics.
Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by AwesomeDuru(m): 8:37pm On May 02, 2016
When will people stop comparing Nairaland to LIB??
Nairaland is much much more interesting than any blog anywhere. The beauty of this site is that there are many sections to visit and several crazy comments to keep you busy!
Personally, I dislike the clickbait topics and I rarely ever clicked them. But that should be it, I think Seun has taken note and the mods have been corrected. Let's move on already.

Btw, I love your 'Snake' threads, Lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:23pm On May 02, 2016
Those that witnessed how Nairaland used to be won't make such comments as @AwesomeDuru made above undecided
I actually have a conspiracy theory for what's happening to NL lipsrsealed
Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by An0nimus: 2:52am On May 03, 2016
charix:
The trend is reflective of the majority of nairaland users whose ages fall below 22years. Most businesses cater to their major consumers thus we see it manifest here. I don't like the trend also but decided to drop my opinion on the matter.

Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you. I share same opinion. The NL age demographic has shifted and NL is adjusting to it.

1 Like

Re: Whats With The Recent Trends Of Clickbait Topics On FP??? by fattbabakay(m): 6:40am On May 09, 2016
For any smart human, he/she should know topics are meant to be catchy....so I don't understand your clickbait shii, who is begging you to click?

(1) (Reply)

Snake Dies After Biting Model's Fake Breasts(photo) / Veteran Nollywood Actress, Mulikat Adegbola ‘ashabi Iya Adinni’ Is Dead / Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.