Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Be A Megaphone For Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be A Megaphone For Christ (858 Views)

Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia / The Case For Christ - Lee Strobel / Should We Sin To Win Souls For Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be A Megaphone For Christ by yommyuk: 2:47pm On May 02, 2016
Have you ever attended a professional sports event? Thousands upon thousands of people scream and cheer loudly, as if their shouts were actually willing their side to victory. People certainly get excited about their favourite sports teams.

How many believers do you know who put that same passion and intensity into their faith? How often do you proclaim the saving truth of Jesus Christ as loudly as a football fan proclaims his or her allegiance?

In his letter to the church at Thessalonica, the apostle Paul rejoices in the young congregation’s passion for telling the world about Christ. Because the city was a busy seaport, he knew that the church there had the ear of the entire world. Travelers would hear the gospel and then take it back and share it with their own communities.

Paul praised the Thessalonians because “the word of the Lord … sounded forth” from them (1 Thess. 1:cool. Our heavenly Father wants the same to be true of His children today. Before there were any microphones or loudspeakers, a long, curved device known as a sounding board was used to amplify a public speaker’s voice. We can think of the Thessalonians as living amplifiers who proclaimed Jesus Christ to the world. And we should emulate them.

If you’re a “fan” of Jesus, then you have the responsibility of sharing with the world who He is and what He has done for you. Shout it from the rooftops! Fill entire stadiums with the thunder of your praise! Don’t just show the people around you who your favourite sports team is. Make sure they know who your Saviour is as well.

Mark 16:15
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by ifenes(m): 7:37pm On May 02, 2016
Yes only those who know nothing about history will be a megaphone for jesus.

Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by yommyuk: 9:59pm On May 02, 2016
grin
Even if those guys did not make it to the cotton field and died on the sea,the gates of Heaven will be wide open for them to enter. I can relate that to the thief on the cross.

What a happy ending!

God bless their soul
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by ifenes(m): 11:27pm On May 02, 2016
yommyuk:
grin
Even if those guys did not make it to the cotton field and died on the sea,the gates of Heaven will be wide open for them to enter. I can relate that to the thief on the cross.

What a happy ending!

God bless their soul

Would you have followed if you were one of them? Follow jewsus to slavery?
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by yommyuk: 7:01am On May 03, 2016
ifenes:

Would you have followed if you were one of them? Follow jewsus to slavery?

If slavery is going to lead me to Jesus, and I know the rewards outweigh living a village where the worship of IdolS is the order of the day which will ultimately lead into HELL. The choice is obvious.

God uses different ways to draw people to himself. He can use famine, war, slavery, oppression, bad government, witches, etc to humble his creation.

Despite the havoc slavery created towards the black race, the Light of God shined at the end of the tunnel. It became a pathway in which the white race introduced Christianity to the Black race. When there is suffering, people know and draw near to God.

I am obliged to say, Thank God for slavery cool
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by ifenes(m): 10:10pm On May 03, 2016
yommyuk:

If slavery is going to lead me to Jesus, and I know the rewards outweigh living a village where the worship of IdolS is the order of the day which will ultimately lead into HELL. The choice is obvious.

God uses different ways to draw people to himself. He can use famine, war, slavery, oppression, bad government, witches, etc to humble his creation.

Despite the havoc slavery created towards the black race, the Light of God shined at the end of the tunnel. It became a pathway in which the white race introduced Christianity to the Black race. When there is suffering, people know and draw near to God.

I am obliged to say, Thank God for slavery cool

So you think enslaving a race for 500 years was cool? The slave master obviously told the slave what they needed to tell them so that they wouldn't rebel. It is a shame you still believe it. Free yourself from mental slavery. I can't believe you are posing with your chains.
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by yommyuk: 11:39pm On May 03, 2016
ifenes:

So you think enslaving a race for 500 years was cool? The slave master obviously told the slave what they needed to tell them so that they wouldn't rebel. It is a shame you still believe it. Free yourself from mental slavery. I can't believe you are posing with your chains.

Slavery has been around for thousands of years and will continue to exist. Having a mindset that Christianity is fake is the worse scenario of bondage a human being can ever be in. I hope u are not one of them.
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by ifenes(m): 6:02am On May 04, 2016
yommyuk:

Slavery has been around for thousands of years and will continue to exist. Having a mindset that Christianity is fake is the worse scenario of bondage a human being can ever be in. I hope u are not one of them.

Not only is Christianity a big fake,it is mental slavery. I have never seen anyone proud of being enslaved like you.
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by yommyuk: 6:59am On May 04, 2016
ifenes:

Not only is Christianity a big fake,it is mental slavery. I have never seen anyone proud of being enslaved like you.

Honestly, it is very rare that I reply to atheist like u. Very rare indeed. Only God knows why you are an exception to that principle.

Your opinion regarding Christianity has been noted in Heaven and earth. On the day of Judgement, you shall be called to defend it.

Your cup of tea bro.

SHALOM!!!!!!!
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by ifenes(m): 8:59am On May 04, 2016
yommyuk:

Honestly, it is very rare that I reply to atheist like u. Very rare indeed. Only God knows why you are an exception to that principle.

Your opinion regarding Christianity has been noted in Heaven and earth. On the day of Judgement, you shall be called to defend it.

Your cup of tea bro.

SHALOM!!!!!!!

It is your cup of tea not mine. You are the one with a religion not me. Fortunately there is no heaven.
Re: Be A Megaphone For Christ by yommyuk: 10:55pm On May 04, 2016
ifenes:

[s]It is your cup of tea not mine. You are the one with a religion not me. Fortunately there is no heaven[/s].

(1) (Reply)

Church Of Scotland To Allow Same-sex Marriage For Ministers / Vooks, This Is A Call Out / Islam Is A Terrorist Religion--kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.