Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Update: Investigate Enugu Herdsmen Attack – Ugwuanyi Tells NHRC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update: Investigate Enugu Herdsmen Attack – Ugwuanyi Tells NHRC (515 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / Arthur Eze In Casual Outfit As He Visits Governor Ugwuanyi In Enugu. Photos / Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: Investigate Enugu Herdsmen Attack – Ugwuanyi Tells NHRC by ganisucks(f): 5:01pm On May 02, 2016
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State on Monday urged the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, and other rights groups to investigate all the issues surrounding herdsmen attack in Nimbo, Uzo-Uwani council area of the State. The Governor, who spoke at a meeting between traditional rulers and other town union leaders, equally called for the immediate reactivation of community vigilante services. His speech reads in full: “I am pleased to welcome you all to this very important meeting and I thank you for coming despite the very short notice. “You are all aware of what happened in this State on Monday, 25th April, 2016 precisely at Nimbo in Uzo Uwani Local Government Area where suspected herdsmen attacked and killed many of our brothers and sisters. “You will recall that in a Press Conference that I addressed on Friday, the 27th of April, 2016, I presented in detail, all the efforts that we made as a government to forestall the ugly incident and also announced the decision of government to set up a Judicial Commission to unravel the remote and immediate causes of the incident and other previous but similar occurrences in Enugu State. “I wish to use this opportunity to once again thank President Muhammadu Buhari, my colleagues the Governors of various states, the National Assembly, Christian religious leaders, the civil society organizations, the media and indeed the generality of Nigerians, for their remarkable show of concern and outrage over the dastardly act. “I also wish to call on the National Human Rights Commission and all other relevant national and international bodies and organizations to give necessary attention to the incident with a view to bringing the perpetrators to book and preventing future occurrences. “I have invited you here today to formally brief you on the prevailing security situation in this state especially in the aftermath of the killings at Nimbo and for us to discuss and agree on the formula for safeguarding our land and ensuring the security of lives and property of our people.
dailypost.ng/2016/05/02/investigate-enugu-herdsmen-attack-ugwuanyi-tells-nhrc/
Re: Update: Investigate Enugu Herdsmen Attack – Ugwuanyi Tells NHRC by iflywithbuhari(f): 5:11pm On May 02, 2016
static.pulse.ng/img/incoming/origs4971759/993556283-w644-h429/Buhari-Enugu-2.jpg
Look at this sell-out, so you can't carryout your own private investigation. You are waiting for the FG and NHRC. Don't worry, FBI, and Jack Bauer will soon come and help you. If it is to run to Aso Rock to go and beg, you'll be the first. Useless governor

Re: Update: Investigate Enugu Herdsmen Attack – Ugwuanyi Tells NHRC by TheFreeOne: 5:13pm On May 02, 2016
Good development.

Do not wait for FG security. Arm your people to defend themselves against those bloodthirsty marauders.

All governors should do same.
Re: Update: Investigate Enugu Herdsmen Attack – Ugwuanyi Tells NHRC by ganisucks(f): 5:19pm On May 02, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
static.pulse.ng/img/incoming/origs4971759/993556283-w644-h429/Buhari-Enugu-2.jpg
Look at this sell-out, so you can't carryout your own private investigation. You are waiting for the FG and NHRC. Don't worry, FBI, and Jack Bauer will soon come and help you. If it is to run to Aso Rock to go and beg, you'll be the first. Useless governor
ΨђåƮ would Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ have him do. I have my ish with the governor, but on this, I would say well done
Re: Update: Investigate Enugu Herdsmen Attack – Ugwuanyi Tells NHRC by Trut(m): 6:34pm On May 02, 2016
Governor Ibu

(1) (Reply)

Nnpc To Sell At 135 - 145 Naira Per Litre / Letter From Niger Delta Avengers To Nigerians / Will The NLC/TUC Strike Still Begin Today As Planned.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.