Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? (1227 Views)

4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? by papascode: 6:55pm On May 02, 2016
My collegue just got a job as a relationship officer with a bank with salary at 210k and a new also a job as admin officer 2 at a federal uni salary is 97k now he is confused on which to choose. So i promised i would ask fellow nairalanders their kind advice to my friend. Am so happy for him!!! Please take to front page seun. Thank you
Re: Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? by hammak1993(m): 8:34pm On May 02, 2016
Banking sector can lay-off staff at anytime. At times you don't focus on huge salary, you need to look at prospect. I would advice the university job, its secured and more opportunities awaits him.

1 Like

Re: Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? by davide470(m): 9:08pm On May 02, 2016
To the best of my knowledge, there is no defined career growth for an Admin Officer in a Federal University and the starting pay is very discouraging when compared to the second offer . If it was a lecturing position, then it's a different case.

Please advise your friend to take the Relationship Officer position and excel in it.
Re: Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? by chillingbabe: 9:18pm On May 02, 2016
He should take up the Relationship Officer Position ASAP cos it's really all about the Benjamins!
Re: Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? by Adesiji77: 9:40pm On May 02, 2016
My answer would have been "go for the University's" if it had been a lecturing job. Apart from the better pay, a relationship officer's role has a clearer career path while I can't say that for the Admin Officer role. He should plan to equip himself more academically and professionally in a way that would enable him move to the Bursary, Registry or other departments that has clear career paths.

The fact that he is confused may suggest that he has not chosen a career path yet or the dough is causing ripples in him mind cheesy cheesy

Overall, the decision is solely his.
Re: Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? by chccho(m): 10:08pm On May 02, 2016
hammak1993:
Banking sector can lay-off staff at anytime. At times you don't focus on huge salary, you need to look at prospect. I would advice the university job, its secured and more opportunities awaits him.
Y are u decieving this young man with ur comments? I can bet if u were in his shoes u will take d bank job.
Pls be sincere n objective next time
Re: Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:37pm On May 02, 2016
papascode:
My collegue just got a job as a relationship officer with a bank with salary at 210k and a new also a job as admin officer 2 at a federal uni salary is 97k now he is confused on which to choose. So i promised i would ask fellow nairalanders their kind advice to my friend. Am so happy for him!!! Please take to front page seun. Thank you

Relationship officer joor,

Who admin officer don epp?
Re: Job As A Relationship Officer And Admin Officer Which Do You Advice He Choose? by Eddodoh(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2016
Adesiji77:
My answer would have been "go for the University's" if it had been a lecturing job. Apart from the better pay, a relationship officer's role has a clearer career path while I can't say that for the Admin Officer role. He should plan to equip himself more academically and professionally in a way that would enable him move to the Bursary, Registry or other departments that has clear career paths.

The fact that he is confused may suggest that he has not chosen a career path yet or the dough is causing ripples in him mind cheesy cheesy

Overall, the decision is solely his.
Interesting career advice!!
What can U say of someone in a Customer Service position as Call Center Agent? Any career prospect? If not, how can one transition to other field with career prospect?

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For A Store Officer In A Food And Beverages Manufacturing Firm / Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) List Of Candidates Re-sheduled For Screening / Journalists And Photographers Jobs At Aljazirah Nigeria Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.