Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,490 members, 7,843,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! (1015 Views)

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai / Nigeria's Oil Production Climbs To 2.1m Barrels Per Day, Says Kachikwu / Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 8:29pm On May 02, 2016
Iraq produced 4.3 million barrels a day
in April, data compiled by Bloomberg
show. Output has increased from 3.25
million barrels a day two years ago, with
companies including BP Plc and Lukoil
PJSC boosting production at fields they
operate in the south of the country.
Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-01/iraq-oil-shipments-near-record-as-protests-intensify-in-baghdad

Is there a deliberate attempt to make sure Nigeria never develops? I ask this question because simple things that should be fixed have never been fixed,critical infrastructure is almost never improved upon!
Just look at a country like Iraq after fighting both internal and external wars now their oil output is almost more than twice that of Nigeria!

According to wikipedia "As of June 2013, the output of electricity
sector in Iraq averages more than 10,000 MW ,
while the demand is typically more than
14,000 MW" That is a country of about 37 million people yet Nigeria with her massive population needing more can't produce more than 5000 MW at the moment!

1 Like

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 9:54am On May 03, 2016
This is beyond normal! i believe there are some forces behind this

1 Like

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by Nobody: 10:06am On May 03, 2016
The particular problem nobody looks at in nigeria or must african country is "Population control"
We are just too plenty, i mean 181 million and counting

The ruskies have a population of 143.5million and a landmass of 163,777,742sq.km
The united states having a population of 318milion and a land mass off 9,147,420sq.km

On the other hand

Nigeria has a population of 181million, land mass of 910,768sq.km (not even upto one million)

Thats a big number, for such a small place marred by corruption.

So population countrol, corruption and poor infrastructure, this are some of the many forces that is responsible for Nigeria's underdevelopment.

1 Like

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 11:34am On May 04, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
The particular problem nobody looks at in nigeria or must african country is "Population control"
We are just too plenty, i mean 181 million and counting

The ruskies have a population of 143.5million and a landmass of 163,777,742sq.km
The united states having a population of 318milion and a land mass off 9,147,420sq.km

On the other hand

Nigeria has a population of 181million, land mass of 910,768sq.km (not even upto one million)

Thats a big number, for such a small place marred by corruption.

So population countrol, corruption and poor infrastructure, this are some of the many forces that is responsible for Nigeria's underdevelopment.
No no no population is not the problem rather its an advantage for fast market growth look at China or India

2 Likes

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by senior123: 11:49am On May 04, 2016
if it is about critical infrastructure yes there is a plan to ensure we doi not develop but this is done by ur politicians. bcoz if we av light, they will not have money to share again. dats d problem.

d boko haram, ipob, herdsmen, dose r just political interests national n international 2 retain d status quo of corruption. GEJ in truth actually began dis PMB fight. d difff was dat GEJ was a democrat and he tot if he simply pleased d "tycoons" he can help, PMB however cant be bothered he is takin d elimination route n he is aving problems eliminating d international powers.

FELA KUTI sang this US(Underground System)
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 4:27pm On May 09, 2016
senior123:
if it is about critical infrastructure yes there is a plan to ensure we doi not develop but this is done by ur politicians. bcoz if we av light, they will not have money to share again. dats d problem.

d boko haram, ipob, herdsmen, dose r just political interests national n international 2 retain d status quo of corruption. GEJ in truth actually began dis PMB fight. d difff was dat GEJ was a democrat and he tot if he simply pleased d "tycoons" he can help, PMB however cant be bothered he is takin d elimination route n he is aving problems eliminating d international powers.

FELA KUTI sang this US(Underground System)
Yes most of our leaders have been wicked sellouts PMB seems different from the sellouts but yet to be convinced!
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by nigeriafilm(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2016
Tap me anytime, I will look into your eyes and tell you NIGERIA'S PROBLEM IS SENTIMENT AND HYPOCRACY.

1 Like

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 1:54am On May 11, 2016
^ Perhaps the problem is more than that
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by bajirao(m): 2:38am On May 11, 2016
when we have idiots bombing pipelines just to make a point why won't Nigeria be lagging behind

2 Likes

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by SweetGuy225: 4:05am On May 11, 2016
Is Nigeria a country? The country we call Nigeria is dead. It died in 1966 when some reckless soldiers pierced a dagger through the heart of country. We are all living in the grave and shadows of that country.

Nigeria is the perfect example of a dysfunctional society. We lack cohesion, we lack purpose, we lack a political philosophy, the country is just a cacophony of madness and retardation.

It is not really about corruption. Iraq is equally a very corrupt country but they're striving. Even with its wars, that has spanned almost a decade, they're still richer than Nigeria.

The truth about Nigeria is that this country will barely develop. No country like Nigeria develops because there's currently no country in the whole world with similar conditions like Nigeria. We're isolated in our pain and misery.

South Sudan, Togo, Benin etc will eventually all become developed countries before Nigeria. That's if we fail to tell ourselves the truth.

But if we continue to chase shadows and decide to fight corruption, we'll continue to be in the gallows.

1 Like

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 6:53am On May 11, 2016
^^Thats a scary picture you are painting there, no doubt errors of commission and ommission have been made by our leaders, but what i find more worrisome is the fact that simple infrastructure for basic human and modern life are "deliberately" suppressed or not built, this give me a feeling that there could perhaps be some underground plan to ensure we keep running in circles!

1 Like

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by PureWays(m): 10:01am On May 11, 2016
suyamasta:

No no no population is not the problem rather its an advantage for fast market growth look at China or India
Nigeria is a country with less Human power though many but its citizens are lady.

You can't compare China with Nigeria, an average Chinese man's work improves the economy.

Some foreign investors complain about workers not being up to standards.
Mediocrity has eaten deep into our public sectors and so as the private and yet most Youth want quick money to live their fantasies (Talk about Internet Scammers and 419s).

To develop the country is a Job for everyone. We shouldn't be looking for a miracle worker.

1 Like

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by PureWays(m): 10:07am On May 11, 2016
SweetGuy225:
Is Nigeria a country? The country we call Nigeria is dead. It died in 1966 when some reckless soldiers pierced a dagger through the heart of country. We are all living in the grave and shadows of that country.

Nigeria is the perfect example of a dysfunctional society. We lack cohesion, we lack purpose, we lack a political philosophy, the country is just a cacophony of madness and retardation.

It is not really about corruption. Iraq is equally a very corrupt country but they're striving. Even with its wars, that has spanned almost a decade, they're still richer than Nigeria.

The truth about Nigeria is that this country will barely develop. No country like Nigeria develops because there's currently no country in the whole world with similar conditions like Nigeria. We're isolated in our pain and misery.

South Sudan, Togo, Benin etc will eventually all become developed countries before Nigeria. That's if we fail to tell ourselves the truth.

But if we continue to chase shadows and decide to fight corruption, we'll continue to be in the gallows.
Sire, are you saying we shouldn't fight corruption when it's the main problem of the country?

Fighting corruption is not only to hunt/strangle the past corrupt officials but to set a standard as to prevent such occurrence in the future.

I believe this present government is step forward in creating a better future and of course it won't be easy.
And yet some set of people are doing all in their power to make the government's effort fruitless b'cos of their political ambition.

We can't just ignore all these.

1 Like

Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by kYjelly2: 10:20am On May 11, 2016
suyamasta:

No disrespect, but how many 'almajiri' are out there working hard like the Chinese?

Population control is essential to development and if one must have a large population, them that population had better be productive.

Family planning shouldn't be frowned upon.

In Nigeria, you'd see a woman with 7 kids begging on the street and she may even be pregnant with yet another kid. How does this population spur growth?
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by stalvinne: 11:00am On May 11, 2016
Nigeria no dey anywhere
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 12:44pm On May 11, 2016
kYjelly2:

No disrespect, but how many 'almajiri' are out there working hard like the Chinese?

Population control is essential to development and if one must have a large population, them that population had better be productive.

Family planning shouldn't be frowned upon.

In Nigeria, you'd see a woman with 7 kids begging on the street and she may even be pregnant with yet another kid. How does this population spur growth?
Yes family planning is important and a productive population is highly important! but i bet you in China that woman has access to good road, rail, water, electricity, market access, to financially liberate herself and family! her children will also have basic education! but you know that is not obtainable here which brings us to the question i asked earlier if there is an underground plan to make sure we never see the light of growth or development?
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 12:47pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by suyamasta(m): 1:02pm On May 11, 2016
PureWays:
Nigeria is a country with less Human power though many but its citizens are lady.

You can't compare China with Nigeria, an average Chinese man's work improves the economy.

Some foreign investors complain about workers not being up to standards.
Mediocrity has eaten deep into our public sectors and so as the private and yet most Youth want quick money to live their fantasies (Talk about Internet Scammers and 419s).

To develop the country is a Job for everyone. We shouldn't be looking for a miracle worker.
Nigerians are not Lazy! Yes development is not for the govt alone but there is not so much you can do when the basic requirements are not provided by the government which means you have to provide everything you need by yourself (Are you superman) Nigerian youths want quick money because of the hardship we face 'it is biting' We are almost in "survival mode"! This is because even with the most brilliant idea you find it extra difficult to make it work here compared to countries where basic infrastructures can support your ideas! I am not saying everything should be perfect but the basic necessities of life are lacking here and i suspect a deliberate attempt by the political class to make sure it remains so!
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by PureWays(m): 1:18pm On May 11, 2016
suyamasta:

Nigerians are not Lazy! Yes development is not for the govt alone but there is not so much you can do when the basic requirements are not provided by the government which means you have to provide everything you need by yourself (Are you superman) Nigerian youths want quick money because of the hardship we face 'it is biting' We are almost in "survival mode"! This is because even with the most brilliant idea you find it extra difficult to make it work here compared to countries where basic infrastructures can support your ideas! I am not saying everything should be perfect but the basic necessities of life are lacking here and i suspect a deliberate attempt by the political class to make sure it remains so!
[quote author=suyamasta post=45520087] Who are the Politicians?
The politicians are not alien, they are people that springs up from this same society.
Our society has been damaged and we the Youths that are supposed to give hope to Nigeria are not any better.
Our actions have proved beyond doubt that, we will continue the same style of leadership/politics if not worse.

Mind you, not all Youths that are into illicit businesses have no choice or are being pressed by the economic situation, a whole lot of them choose that life because of their greed, which has been the main problem of the country since 1960.
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 11, 2016
How many barrels of the oil produced goes to Iraq? Does the government of Iraq work in the interest of Iraqis? Why was Iraq invaded in the first place? Does BP and Lukoil belong to Iraqi government? What percentage of their profits do they remit in form of tax to the Iraqi government?
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by SweetGuy225: 2:24pm On May 11, 2016
suyamasta:
^^Thats a scary picture you are painting there, no doubt errors of commission and omission have been made by our leaders, but what i find more worrisome is the fact that simple infrastructure for basic human and modern life are "deliberately" suppressed or not built, this give me a feeling that there could perhaps be some underground plan to ensure we keep running in circles!

There's nothing scary about. That's the Nigerian reality up there.
We aren't building in critical social infrastructures because Nigeria is a dysfunctional country. There's no underground plan by anybody to keep this aground.
Re: Between Iraq And Nigeria: Oil And Power! by SweetGuy225: 2:31pm On May 11, 2016
PureWays:
Sire, are you saying we shouldn't fight corruption when it's the main problem of the country?

Fighting corruption is not only to hunt/strangle the past corrupt officials but to set a standard as to prevent such occurrence in the future.

I believe this present government is step forward in creating a better future and of course it won't be easy.
And yet some set of people are doing all in their power to make the government's effort fruitless b'cos of their political ambition.

We can't just ignore all these.

Corruption is NOT the main problem of Nigeria. If I should ask why you think corruption is so rampant in Nigeria, you won't be able to give a cogent reason.
For example, is it corruption that Nigerian federal legislators are the highest paid in the world while most Nigerians live below 2 dollars a day? Remember that their salaries are legal.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country / Living Or Dead, I'm The Best President Nigeria Ever Had - Buhari / Photos From Today's Senate Plenary Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.