Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan (3399 Views)

Soldiers With Timpre Sylva APC Hoodlums Attack Man At A Wedding In Bayelsa / Charly Boy's Car Destroyed After Pro-Buhari Hoodlums Attack At Police Station / Fire Guts IDP Settlement In Borno State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by OneNaira5: 10:55pm On May 02, 2016
By Ola Ajayi Ibadan—AS controversy to find grazing reserves for Fulani herdsmen across the country continues, some hoodlums, including herdsmen, on Tuesday night, invaded a farm belonging to a former Secretary to the Oyo State Government, Mr. Ayodele Adigun and forced settlers in the place to flee their residence.

Armed Fulani-herdsmen According to sources, the invaders stormed the farm settlement at Lagun, in Lagelu Local Government area of the state around 9pm with dangerous weapons. According to eyewitnesses, the intruders were not only Fulani herdsmen as some of them reportedly spoke in pidgin English, Fulani and Yoruba. Vanguard learned that the suspects numbering about 20 were armed with AK-47 rifles and other dangerous weapons.

Two of the residents, Haruna Usman and Olanipekun Ogunkolade said the hoodlums had two sophisticated guns each while robbing them of their valuables. They said items such as phones, money, shoes and foodstuffs were carted away by the intruders. One of the victims, Mr Jimmy Adedokun who sustained gunshot injuries on his hands and legs was admitted at a hospital in Iwo, Osun State. Narrating the attack, Ogunkolade said “when they arrived at 9pm yesterday night (Tuesday), they ransacked everywhere and shot Jimmy after dispossessing him of his weapons. They took garri from us, and drank it. One of us just prepared a fish soup and eba but the invaders ate everything.”

The farm manager, Mr. Emmanuel said the incident was the first occurrence since they settled on the farm settlement. When asked who the suspects could be, he said, “we suspected that the invaders are Fulani herdsmen because they wore shoes like herdsmen and they spoke Fulani and pidgin English. Earlier in the day, they had mounted roadblocks at Lagun on Ibadan – Iwo Road. We learnt that they robbed the road users early in the morning and at night.

We sighted over 50 Fulani herdsmen moving from one community to another in this place on the grounds that they wanted to buy Indian hemp.” The owner of the farm, Mr. Adigun said residents of the settlement had run for dear life and had relocated to another place noting that “to me, the invasion of the farm was a ploy to permanently sack the farmers from the community so that they could take over and use the farm as grazing field.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fulani-herdsmen-hoodlums-invade-farm-settlement-ibadan/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Bitterleafsoup: 10:57pm On May 02, 2016
Westsiders what were you saying about Enugu?
Vanguard be careful omenka will come say your a tribalist paper cause you did not make a copy of the proof of being herdsmen certificate they carry....

14 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by BlackTechnology: 10:58pm On May 02, 2016
Buhari will never talk until people bounced back on his people

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by OneNaira5: 11:01pm On May 02, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Westsiders what were you saying about Enugu?

You dey mind them. They even ran away to hide yet they stay on here mocking Enugu resident for running.

I don't mock the attacks and disabled. I find that the most despicable things a human being can do. So I'm not going to join those things from Southwest to mock the victims

10 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by loopman: 11:02pm On May 02, 2016
grin grin grin
This guy is a pained mofo cheesy
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Bitterleafsoup: 11:03pm On May 02, 2016
OneNaira5:

You dey mind them. They even ran away to hide yet they stay on here mocking Enugu resident for running.

I don't mock the attacks and disabled. I find that the most despicable things a human being can do. So I'm not going to join those things from Southwest to mock the victims
I warned them that this day would come?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by SeverusSnape(m): 11:03pm On May 02, 2016
All those opposing Afenifere for speaking up should hide their heads in shame.

As for Buhari and those Northern governors, let them keep supporting their brothers. Same way they did with Bokoharam, Buhari is a heartless megalomaniacal killer.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Pwayne2016(m): 11:08pm On May 02, 2016
Oh my God... Zombies shebi na una dey shout Sai Baba
Who told you people that Buhari is a Terrorist
That he murdered so many Yorubas in his first Tenure
Una sell una right and live just for mere Commissioner and Aisha rice
Gsu..smh..Mndl..

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 02, 2016
Those are clearly Armed robbers, not Herdsmen.
Seems everyone's just tagging 'Fulani Herdsmen' to gain media publicity cos they're d trending thing now.
Those of u serially wanking to all topics that mention fulani herdsmen do not really care abt anytin but are only looking for avenues 2 vent their hatred of PMB, ethnic bias, stark ignorance, painment over election defeat or all of d above.

They know themselves and this post will make them nearly die of painment this nite.

Anyways, d fulani-herdsmen trend will soon die off and as usual, Nigerians will look for sth else to use as hashtag.

Aint saying that Fulanis r saints but d whole ish is just grossly over-exaggerated and politicized for dubious reasons. Fulani herdsmen-farmers clash have been happening since forever and a lot of u hypocrites did not wail n wankk on ur keyboards this much during d last admin. Saying d sitting president is their sponsor is as silly as say, saying that GEJ as president was d sponsor of MEND cos of ethnic affiliation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Standing5(m): 11:14pm On May 02, 2016
Fulani has replaced boko
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Pheals(f): 11:16pm On May 02, 2016
Ibadan !! The fearless city in Yoruba land ! ( ibadan o ki se eru BABA e ni ko kan ) they won't respect buhari b4 dealing wit his brothers grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by nnachukz(m): 11:18pm On May 02, 2016
Zombies will still tell you Buhari means we'll for the whole nation. That heartless man has the power to stop this but doesn't care because what his kinsmen are doing are his hidden desires for non-Northerners.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by raumdeuter: 11:19pm On May 02, 2016
The cowards from Enugu are at it again

Their chairman fled to Abidjan, They fled Fulani herdsmen even in their house

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by wowmenow: 11:21pm On May 02, 2016
God help us from this Fulani government they have taken over our farmland

Just this evening Fulani have taken over an igbo bank fidelity bank.

Those zombies will come tell us they came from Chad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by RockHard: 11:23pm On May 02, 2016
This na last month news na, it even made FrontPage. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 02, 2016
RockHard:
This na last month news na, it even made FrontPage. undecided

Anything wey mention fulani herdsmen go make FP. Trending topics attract traffic.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by OneNaira5: 11:43pm On May 02, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
I warned them that this day would come?

It happens every month dude The only difference Noone are as wicked as the yoloba to laugh at their misery.

Even the soka forest den we all joke about calling it a ritualist den wasn't even a ritual act but a burying ground the fulani herdsmen had for their yoloba victims in that state. The indigenous residing next to it even knew about it and never once did they do anything to stop. The only time they spoke up was when the media brought it.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by gidgiddy: 11:54pm On May 02, 2016
I don't take fulani activities in SW too serious, they all want 'one Nigeria' anyway. I'm more interested in those who who want to kick those heardsmen out and declare their own administrative area or nation to better administer and protect themselves.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Twistaray(m): 11:55pm On May 02, 2016
Old News

Mtchew
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by FlyoruB: 11:58pm On May 02, 2016
OneNaira5:

It happens every month dude The only difference Noone are as wicked as the yoloba to laugh at their misery.

Op don't lie abeg. While I am not one to gloat or tease Enugu folks, you KNOW for a fact that Igbos are the worst culprits when it comes to gloating over the misfortunes of others when it pertains to Fulani attacks, mile 12 and Agatu come to mind -- they mocked the victims and bragged about the impossibility of such happening on igbo soil just before the Enugu tragedy. The records are there. Sotay one of your brothers even created a moniker for the expressed purpose of taunting Yorubas over the mile 12 incident and the mods did nothing about it. Be truthful for once.

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by LadyExcellency: 12:00am On May 03, 2016
Wealthgang:
Seems everyone's just tagging 'Fulani Herdsmen' to gain media publicity cos they're d trending thing now.
Those of u serially wanking to all topics that mention fulani herdsmen do not really care abt anytin but are only looking for avenues 2 vent their hatred of PMB, ethnic bias, stark ignorance, painment over election defeat or all of d above.

They know themselves and this post will make them nearly die of painment this nite.

Anyways, d fulani-herdsmen trend will soon die off and as usual, Nigerians will look for sth else to use as hashtag.

Aint saying that Fulanis r saints but d whole ish is just grossly over-exaggerated and politicized for dubious reasons. Fulani herdsmen-farmers clash have been happening since forever and a lot of u hypocrites did not wail n wankk on ur keyboards this much during d last admin. Saying d sitting president is their sponsor is as silly as say, saying that GEJ as president was d sponsor of MEND cos of ethnic affiliation.

See what you and your friends said in 2012, 2013 .... Because you love Nigeria so much.

omenka:
Anyone with even a pea sized brain knows that Boko Haram is a brainchild of PDP. All these acts of terror are carefully orchestrated to sway public sentiments in favour of the incumbents.

The big prize is 2015 presidency. Jonathan and his co-travelers are working acidiously to decimate the population of the north, create fear, and skew voter turnout largely in favour of the south which holds the only hope of him getting any votes at all.

I do not quite buy into the CIA angle of this although I agree it cannot be totally rulled out given their anticidents.

Azazi revealed a bit too much so they had to silence him and send a clear signal to other roosters that may have plans to crow.

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:14am On May 03, 2016
LadyExcellency:

See what you and your friends said in 2012, 2013 .... Because you love Nigeria so much.

U quoted me 2 show me a random post I can't even make sense of in relation to d current topic and tagged it as 'what I and my friends said in 2012,2013' even tho I can't c my name there or kw d 'friends' u're talkin abt.

Wow! U must be a 'genius'. Ur IQ must be so high
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by OneNaira5: 12:14am On May 03, 2016
FlyoruB:

Op don't lie abeg. While I am not one to gloat or tease Enugu folks, you KNOW for a fact that Igbos are the worst culprits when it comes to gloating over the misfortunes of others when it pertains to Fulani attacks, mile 12 and Agatu come to mind -- they mocked the victims and bragged about the impossibility of such happening on igbo soil just before the Enugu tragedy. The records are there. Sotay one of your brothers even created a moniker for the expressed purpose of taunting Yorubas over the mile 12 incident and the mods did nothing about it. Be truthful for once.

Dude I've been on NL longer than you.

The yoloba started the gloating. The mile 12 mocking was a revenge over yoloba mocking the death of Massob members since 2012. I'll even be happy to back my statement up with examples

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by OneNaira5: 12:30am On May 03, 2016
Wealthgang:

First of all I didn't post this thread to attack pmb. I've seen this article a month ago and I never brought it on NL. It came to NL because of the repeated insult by yoloba to Enugu residents. They mock them for running yet they themselves did so when the fulani attacked them in ibadan

I'm not one to insult or mock any victim of any violence hence the reason I never post of fulani attacks in southwest despite I read alot of it in the media. Some of us have dignity in us. I might hate some people but I will never mock their dead.

While I'm at it, you people need to seriously stop the whole denying the fulani herdsmen attack. We're you there woth the victims to know they are lying?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by socialmediaman: 12:37am On May 03, 2016
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by WIZGUY69(m): 12:37am On May 03, 2016
id.iot!
April 21 news. Fo.Olish kid, always comparing, both evils and good. Signs of abnornality and inferirioty complex.I think you should be worried about nimbo enugu massacre. E.Wu

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by malton: 12:37am On May 03, 2016
There's more to this fulani herdsmen issue than meets the eye.

Something is definitely amiss.

It's the kind of thing that makes one wish they could watch in 4k resolution.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by vicadex07(m): 1:02am On May 03, 2016
Fulani nomads should be totally outlawed. They are a huge security risk because of their nomadic nature
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by iSlayer: 1:03am On May 03, 2016
Okay!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by APCcrimesHD: 1:08am On May 03, 2016
ooboy..IDP camp loading.. grin

But on a more serious note, we southerners need to come together to forge ahead.. SW, SS & SE
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:10am On May 03, 2016
OneNaira5:

First of all I didn't post this thread to attack pmb. I've seen this article a month ago and I never brought it on NL. It came to NL because of the repeated insult by yoloba to Enugu residents. They mock them for running yet they themselves did so when the fulani attacked them in ibadan

I'm not one to insult or mock any victim of any violence hence the reason I never post of fulani attacks in southwest despite I read alot of it in the media. Some of us have dignity in us. I might hate some people but I will never mock their dead.

While I'm at it, you people need to seriously stop the whole denying the fulani herdsmen attack. We're you there woth the victims to know they are lying?

U're a sensible person. I can relate with u.

First of all nowhere did I deny attacks by fulani herdsmen cos that'll be an insult 2 those who have lost their lives. I even mentioned that they're not saints cos there're criminal ones amongst them.
I only frowned at d media hype, lies n exaggeratns by those who have chosen 2 make d issue seem like PDP vs APC, North Vs South, Xtian Vs Muslim, Igbo Vs Fulani, etc. Luk at their write-ups very well and its obvios they don't care abt those they're famzing with but use d unfortunate incidents 2 score cheap points.

I don't kw y u refer 2 d yorubas as 'yoloba'. Perhaps u have some ethnocentric issues 2 deal with. U even admitted that d purpose of ur thread is 2 prove 2 d 'yolobas' that they also ran when they were attacked by d fulanis, hence d reason y I said pple r tagging d fulani-herdsmen anyhw for their own reasons. Now that u've proved it 2 dem, what next? Will it stop d clashes?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Hoodlums Invade Farm Settlement In Ibadan by OneNaira5: 1:20am On May 03, 2016
WIZGUY69:
id.iot!
April 21 news. Fo.Olish kid, always comparing, both evils and good. Signs of abnornality and inferirioty complex.I think you should be worried about nimbo enugu massacre. E.Wu

So because the attack happened in April 21, 2 weeks ago, is nkt news but only the attack that happened, a week ago, is news.

Well what do I expect from some of you people

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja / Satellite Photo Of Nigerian Cities And Towns / Auxiliary Is The Oyo State Nurtw Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.