Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja (3400 Views)

Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds / FG Recovers 40 New SUVs, Other Vehicles From Perm Sec - Lai Mohammed / Looted Funds: FG Recovers N3.4 Trn Cash, Assets – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by Crystal70200: 10:28am On Jul 11, 2016
Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara has revealed a rather disturbing information about the ongoing anti-corruption war.

Dogara who spoke with journalists at the weekend in Lagos, said monies running into billions of naira have been recovered buried in farmlands in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The speaker was however silent on the precise amount recovered from the farmlands, but he said he was informed that an estimated N1.5 billion cash had so far been dug up. He pointed out that he could never have imagined the scale of corruption Nigeria witnessed, especially in the last administration.

His words: “As we are speaking now, they are recovering monies from someone’s farm somewhere around Abuja. It is very unfortunate where people stole money just for the sake of stealing. “If you were the one who was in charge of fighting corruption, you would have even been shocked by the scale of the problem.” Dogara also dismissed allegations from the opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that the ant-corruption war is selective and meant to witch-hunt their members. “You will recall that the PDP had been in power for a number of years – for more than a decade – and if you were to weigh members of the opposition that are in government now and had the opportunity to serve, those that would have tendencies to engage in pilfering of resources, majority will come from the PDP, except we are not being realistic,” Dogara said. He noted that not all members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) were saints, adding that APC also spent money in the course of the electioneering campaigns. He however said there was no evidence yet to prove that government officials at the time transferred money to the APC campaign, stressing that the bulk of the money that was received by the PDP.

Last week, President Buhari said his administration will go all out on those who try to prevent the on-going fight against corruption. Buhari handed down the warning during the breaking of Ramadan fast, he organised for Internal Displaced Persons and the physically challenged at the Presidential Villa.

Source: https://www.naij.com/886350-fg-recovers-n1-5billion-buried-farmlands-abuja.html

1 Like

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2016
No picture of the farm and money ?

2 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by chriskosherbal(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2016
Ooooooh JESUS unto your hands we commit this Nation NIGERIA and Her LEADERS.

2 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by emerged01(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2016
Yey! Inya me!
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by vikkeee(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2016
Reminds me of those childhood stories where the poor but hard-working son finally digs up Gold from the farm

1 Like

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by joshing(m): 10:50am On Jul 11, 2016
Oga some APC members have been in power for ova a decade too... They qualify for probe from your requiremnts
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by pacino26(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2016
Video of Dogara saying it or... ...........

For their mind now guys go be like agriculture pays and when next I see a guy high on Ibilo weed saying "imagine I just dig up 1billion naira for farm now"
I'll have no option than to agree with him oo sad sad sad

3 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by deleib(m): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2016
This Is A Sheer Wickedness. How Do We Expect This Country To Grow With This Kind Of Dastardly Act. I Think Buhari Has Come At The Right Time To Save This Country From Parasitic PDP and clueless GEJ.
I WANDA what this country would have bn like if pdp is stil in d federal power up till now.

2 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by Purplebirdrep: 11:00am On Jul 11, 2016
Seen is believing
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by omowolewa: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2016
Now there is money in the farm

1 Like

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by Viktor1983(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2016
no pics
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by greenmonk: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2016
how much have u dug out of ota farm or are u doing selective digging. Story by moonlight. Some apc members were in power in pdp fo 14 yeas, defecting to apc made them saints in 2 years. U recovered ur purported $18bn dollars in 18 months and destroyed nigeria economy of over 500bn dollars in same period. All persecuting Charlatans in power chasing rats while d house burns.

1 Like

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by chemicalDisease: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
Story for Amadioha.

Only farm?

Na fan grin

1 Like

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by Nbote(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
deleib:
This Is A Sheer Wickedness. How Do We Expect This Country To Grow With This Kind Of Dastardly Act. I Think Buhari Has Come At The Right Time To Save This Country From Parasitic PDP and clueless GEJ.
I WANDA what this country would have bn like if pdp is stil in d federal power up till now.

Na dis kind story dey giv una serious hard-on na.. Fud don land for una. Been a while dey gav u guys something to talk about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by AgreatMan: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
Plant some money to reap more money
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by Standing5(m): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Naira plantation
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by DaBullIT(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nna that izi a very serious bisineesi , you plant 500 naira inside abuja farm , my buroda na feefty k you go harvest

Odiwka very profitable

grin grin grin grin grin

Shoutout to all those sensible Ibo brothers , oya laff

1 Like

Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by MrEverest(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
So we should start dancing or what? Okay lets assume that this one is not propaganda, then to what end? You keep recovering and relooting and the circle of corruption continues. YOU ALL ARE THE SAME!!
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by psucc(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
All along I've been tempted to think Dogara has some senses but the APC bug has also infected him.
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by fernandoc(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Imagine u just dey pass person farm jam 1.5 billion naira. I go jeje wake up from that kain malaria dream.
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by MrEverest(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
deleib:
Stop buying their propaganda, where is the money? how much is it and in whose custody is it kept? who owns the farm? We are not gullible !diots they can be decieving any how they like. Corruption is still going on in high places unabated, you just have to shout sai barber & your sins & loots are forgiven! If you doubt me you can ask Burantashi the army cheif or Danburuba the minister of interior for clarification.
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by elvision1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is called sustainable agriculture. grin
Re: FG Recovers N1.5billion Buried In Farmlands In Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Practicalizing growing money on trees,... grin grin grin wailing zombies want this sort of corruption to persist

(1) (Reply)

Is Africa Being Sabotaged? Research Says Yes / Kudos To My Igbo Friends Who Never Saw Anything Good In Buhari Since 2015 / United States Of Biafra: Asari Dokubo Urges Niger Deltans To Join South-east, Sl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.