Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage (19347 Views)

Labour Presents New Minimum Wage Demand Above The N56,000 Earlier Proposed / 10 Times EFCC Twitter Handle Gave Epic Replies (pics) / FG To Propose N45,000 Minimum Wage, Meets Labour Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by Okanokan(m): 11:32am On May 03, 2016
Wage redistribution is one method by which Government can re-order its economic priorities. Femi Arugondade have spoken the mind of Developmental Economist.
Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by phemmie06(m): 12:09pm On May 03, 2016
It will even put an end to do or die elections and godfatherism
Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by Excuzeme: 1:16pm On May 03, 2016
Firefire:
Minimum Wage to all political office holders in Nigeria.

...and they say Nigeria is BROKE?

Thank you for posting this.

How can someone be paid these insane amount of money every month (#35 MILLION ) and you want the same person to be on the "same planet" as other Nigerians?

Again, why wont you expect Criminals to kill and main, so they can become Senators..... if the RETURNS is this high, every Month?

And you want Saraki to step aside as done in saner climes, with #35 Million Naira at stake every month?

BTW: Do you know that it is these Criminals in the NASS that FIXED their own INCOME and ALLOWANCE? What do you expect?
Do you know that even if the said amount is the only Money Nigeria has in its coffers, it will automatically be deducted and used to pay the Senators, because it is a "statutory deduction" from source? Other Nigerians can die of hunger, they dont care.

So, you see why Senator Dino Melaye is flaunting wealth on Social media? These Criminals don hammer!

Seriously, Nigerians are the laughing stock of the 'sane world'.

Its time to tale back our country from these criminals.

2 Likes

Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by Excuzeme: 1:23pm On May 03, 2016
lilprinze:
Democracy was not meant for Nigerians.

I tell you!

Until we get rid of these Criminals, trying to practice Democracy, with all its attendant "loopholes" is like asking a wolf to look after chickens!
Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by akpos2016: 1:43pm On May 03, 2016
Some of days reason for ASUU strike.
Seeing some of their former students receiving such huge amount as take home pay while pay of salaries of lectures refuse to increase.
Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by akpos2016: 1:43pm On May 03, 2016
Some of days reason for ASUU strike.
Seeing some of their former students receiving such huge amount as take home pay while pay of salaries of lectures refuse to increase.
Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by deniyor: 2:31pm On May 03, 2016
Those numbers are padded to make it look sensational.
First of all - those numbers are annual, not monthly
Why include one off payments like severance and car allowance in annual payments?

And yes, I agree, its still a lot but at least bring the right facts for your arguments.

1 Like

Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by VictorEkwere: 3:31pm On May 03, 2016
Adonis3:
I keep saying

The moment we start making public offices less attractive,

Then we can start talking about development

Absolutely right, in the 80s where public servant at the end of their tenure could not afford a car Nigeria economy was competing with western economy our currency was of high value more than dollars but today reverse is the case the public servant tend to end more while our economy crumbled.

Vote [size=15pt]REFINER[/size] for Miss Nairalandcheesy

#Adonis3HasSopken

Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by Imyourex(m): 4:23pm On May 03, 2016
I think it's time these lawbreakers were paid according to their educational qualifications, how can a commom entrance holder be earning more than a PhD holder?
No wonder Dino Milaye a commom Ebira man be flaunting expensive cars. SMH
Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by Ghandi12: 7:39pm On May 03, 2016

marjo
calling tax authorities.... are these people paying tax? with all these amounts I am seeing.... tax coffers should be full!!!
Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by Etizz: 5:16pm On May 04, 2016
seguno2:

What/Who is stopping you from taking action?
What/Who are you waiting for?

Bros I dey work for sea, u want make I leave my job come dey do human right activist

No time na
Re: No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage by ritababe(f): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
crownwealth:
Absolutely
.hi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How APC NWC Foiled Attempt By Okorocha To Stop Imo LG Congresses / Oyo Opposition Parties Adopt Ibrahim Yahaya Oloriegbe PDP Governorship Candidate / Umahi Reacts To Killing Of 4 Policemen In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.