Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Have A Heart Of Praise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have A Heart Of Praise (289 Views)

How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack / A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Tasha Cobbs - Put A Praise On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have A Heart Of Praise by yommyuk: 6:51am On May 03, 2016
A lot of negative emotions accompany hardship: frustration, despair, fear, and doubt. People ruled by these feelings will often make poor choices. This is why I recommend that you decide how to respond to troubled times the way the psalmist did: with a heart of praise. Even in the darkest hours, worshipping God fills the heart with joy and the mind with peace. A believer who is filled in this way can wisely keep a commitment to obey the Lord no matter what.

Worshipping the Lord enlarges our vision. By doing so, we begin to see how He is at work in the world, perhaps in ways and places we’ve never noticed before. More particularly, we see what God is doing in our situation and detect areas where He requires obedience from us.

Our human tendency is to plot a course through a situation toward the easiest solution. But believers who strike out on their own do not mature in their faith. Moreover, they miss out on the blessings of following the Lord’s plan. Stopping to praise can keep us from taking the easy way out and direct us to the right path—namely, the way of God’s will. Taking a step forward in faith can be frightening. However, we can confidently take a risk, knowing our omniscient, omnipotent God has His children’s best interest in mind (Isa. 64:4; Jer. 29:11).

It’s hard to despair while honouring the Lord for His love and strength. We can dispel doubt by recalling His past faithfulness to us, and ease frustration by committing our future plans to Him. Praise is not the obvious reaction to hardship, but it is the wisest response.

Hebrews 4:15-16
“for we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

Psalm 34:17
When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

Psalms 50:15
…call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

Psalms 118:1
“Let us give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, and his love endures forever”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Chosen Is Blessed!!! / We Are Unshakable / Help From Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.