Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,867 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk (1747 Views)

Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo / TB Joshua: Murder In The Church By FFK (Part 1) / The Murder Of The Fulani: #yugoslavia Unfolding. (by Ffk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by cornerstone2019: 11:40am On May 03, 2016
Ndigbo's new ally had this to say awhile back... HOW THE IGBO INTRODUCED TRIBALISM TO NIGERIAN POILITCS. BY Femi Fani-Kayode October 28, 2012 Premium Times. ”
Igbo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of time”- Charles Onyeama, a prominent igbo lawyer and member of the Central Legislative Council, 1945. (Page 204 ”Ethnic Politics In Kenya and Nigeria” by Godfrey Mwakikagile). ”It would appear that the God of Africa has created the Igbo nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of ages ….” – Dr Azikiwe, President of the Pan-Igbo Federal Union. (The West African Pilot of July 8, 1949). The first statement from Charles Onyeama, which was made in 1945, was the first overtly tribal and divisive comment that was made and recorded in the politics of southern Nigeria in our history.
That is where and when tribalism in the south actually started. After that comment, and as a direct reaction to it, the Yoruba established the ”Egbe Omo Oduduwa” to further and protect Yoruba interests and after that came the formation of the Action Group in 1948. The second statement from Zik, which was made in 1949 (and which clearly shows that the great Zik of Africa had forgotten that the NCNC was not an Igbo party at the beginning and that it had in fact been established by an upper class and very well educated Yoruba man by the name of Sir Herbert Macaulay, one of the famous ”Black Victorians” from the Lagos Colony, and who, at his death bed, was gracious enough to hand over the leadership of the party to him even though he was Igbo) confirmed that tribalism was here to stay in the south and that ever since that time the Igbo had an agenda to dominate others.
This sentiment and this unfortunate Igbocentric attitude is what cost Zik the premiership of the Western Region in 1953 when the NCNC narrowly lost to the Action Group. It is clear from this that if you want to know who started tribalism in southern politics and the politics of the southern protectorate of Nigeria, it was not the Yoruba or the southern minorities but the Igbo. The excesses of the Igbo State Union and their treatment of the southern minorities and the Yoruba from 1943 till 1967 was completely unacceptable. The rest of the south were prepared to accept the Igbo as equals with open arms but they were not prepared to be politically dominated or conquered by them. Worst still, the first coup in the history of Nigeria, which was the Jan 15th 1966 coup d’etat, led by Major Ifejuana and Major Kaduna Nzeogwu, was essentially an Igbo coup and an Igbo grab for power. I say this because 95 per cent of those that took part in it were Igbo and 99 per cent of the political and military leaders that were brutally murdered during its execution were non-Igbo. It was this coup and its sheer brutality that led to the even more brutal northern officers counter-coup of July 1966 (in which 300 Igbo officers were killed in one night including the Igbo Head of State, Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi, and his Yoruba host, the Military Governor of the Western Region, Adekunle Fajuyi who sought to protect him), the pogrom of Igbos in the north (in which over 100,000 Igbo civilians were killed in a few weeks) and the Nigerian civil war (in which 2 million Nigerians and Biafrans died). These are the facts of our history. Live and learn.
If you want to know who introduced tribalism into southern politics, it was the Igbo. If you want to know who carried out the first coup in our country, it was the Igbo. Having done the painstaking research over a number of years these are my findings and this is my conclusion. I will open my Facebook wall for a robust discussion and debate on this issue and I will accommodate contributions from even those that are not my Facebook friends just for thism debate. I will accommodate all shades of opinion and contributions from anyone that cares to join in the fray and I want to encourage those that disagree with my findings to state their case. We are all still learning but please take note that any rude or insulting comments will be deleted. This is a historical debate and I would encourage all those that seek to quote anyone or make any assertions to mention their sources so that we can cross check the facts
Femi-fani kayode.
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by madridguy(m): 11:42am On May 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by Imortal001: 11:46am On May 03, 2016
Its not the time to blame anybody for anything, its time for us to come together and make this country great again!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:57pm On May 03, 2016
What didn't we know: Igbo and tribalism are all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by muri4mig(m): 1:52pm On May 03, 2016
Karma na bastered. Yet he will come out with his missing teeth and write rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by DaBullIT(m): 2:00pm On May 03, 2016
I do not like or respect FFK for his opinions , but you should probably learn from this thread

engrchykae:
So igbos are the trouble makers?cowards are the most dangerous folks.
U are very evil.
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by engrchykae(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2016
DaBullIT:

I do not like or respect FFK for his opinions , but you should probably learn from this thread

the south need to tame this fulani folks who happen to be the true minorities of Nigeria.
They have no power but depends on an aggrieved southerners to continue their assaults on the south.
We igbos shunned Buhari many times because he is a chronic fulani.
We wanted them to learn that power is not their birthright but the southwest gave life to a dying monster and we are now seeing the effect.
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by sexybrooke: 2:43pm On May 03, 2016
See how yorubas ll support him on this issues and praise let him digress one bit and the type of abuses that ll rain on him ll make you wonder if insult and abuses are inborn in them bunch of unstable people

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by FloraMbachu(f): 2:48pm On May 03, 2016
sexybrooke:
See how yorubas ll support him on this issues and praise let him digress one bit and the type of abuses that ll rain on him ll make you wonder if insult and abuses are inborn in them bunch of unstable people

This is one of our misguided youth, part of the osu problem affecting us in the SE. Why not read the thread and counter it instead of throwing insult like an ill-mannered kid. Shame

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by seunny4lif(m): 3:04pm On May 03, 2016
grin grin grin
Make I call me bench come here
This place go sweet cool cool
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 03, 2016
FloraMbachu:

This is one of our misguided youth, part of the osu problem affecting us in the SE. Why not read the thread and counter it instead of throwing insult like an ill-mannered kid. Shame
I never ever thought that an akwunna like you will be so stu.p!d
Btw how your ashawo biz hope your pun.ni can't swallow a whole man?=-O:Okiss
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by lawydewy(m): 3:17pm On May 03, 2016
The man is a Chameleon!

He will criticise Hause today, tomorrow is Igbo man, and next is Alimodu sheriff.

Who next
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by Eshinwaju: 3:30pm On May 03, 2016
FloraMbachu:

The very Un-Sexybrooke needs to have his or her brains re-examined....it is filled with tribal akpu... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by FloraMbachu(f): 4:38pm On May 03, 2016
Deatheater:

I never ever thought that an akwunna like my mother will be so stu.p!d
Btw how her ashawo biz hope her pun.ni can't swallow a whole man?=-O:Okiss

Very good, Since you know that, why not advise her to go kill herself. You are a disgrace to your late parent.
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by FloraMbachu(f): 4:40pm On May 03, 2016
Eshinwaju:

The very Un-Sexybrooke needs to have his or her brains re-examined....it is filled with tribal akpu... cheesy

He is a disgrace to our tribe.
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by Eshinwaju: 4:43pm On May 03, 2016
FloraMbachu:

My brother, I am ashamed for the guy. Instead of facing the Enugu camp of internally displaced persons, he is here pretending to be a woman while leaving ibo ladies like yourself to lament the shame men like him have brought on your people..... grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by FloraMbachu(f): 4:46pm On May 03, 2016
Eshinwaju:

My brother, I am ashamed for the guy. Instead of facing the Enugu camp of internally displaced persons, he is here pretending to be a woman while leaving ibo ladies like yourself to lament the shame men like him have brought on your people..... grin grin grin

They have been calling for my head cos i choose to condemn fulani and not blame Yorubas for our own problems. We are cowards but always denigrating others, my mom is now at the IDP camp fasting as directed by our governor. We are suffering sir

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by Eshinwaju: 4:50pm On May 03, 2016
FloraMbachu:

They have been calling for my head cos i choose to condemn fulani and not blame Yorubas for our own problems. We are cowards but always denigrating others, my mom is now at the IDP camp fasting as directed by our governor. We are suffering sir

Don't worry. Keep fasting and praying..... grin grin...you can make your way to your yondon in SW...afterall it is no mans land....especially now that fulanis have taken over your land... grin...don't thank me o....but you are most welcome....you seem like a correct babe.... cheesy
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 04, 2016
FloraMbachu:

Very good, Since you know that, why not advise her to go kill herself. You are a disgrace to your late parent.
Shameless donkey get a life.
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by sexybrooke: 7:20pm On May 04, 2016
FloraMbachu:

which tribe God forbid I can't come from an unstable tribe .30 cm tribal marks nah I can't come from am pure IGBO to the CORE noe you understand me yoruba man
Re: Igbo Introduced Tribal Politics.by Ffk by sexybrooke: 7:23pm On May 04, 2016
FloraMbachu:

is that what you were told this morning this afternoon

(1) (Reply)

10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian / Nigerians Deserve A Better Country, Economy—tinubu / Data Rate Increase, The On Becoming Of A Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.